Please Help Me Find The Right Lawyer In Phuket

Kachu

Why not just send a friend in to immigration to talk to the big boss and explain the situation you're in. A farang preferably. Thais have no qualms about being open to a bribe from a farang.

If a drunk farang can wipe out a family of three on a bike and be driving around a week later and a million and a quarter baht lighter goes to show how society is when it comes to baht.

Lets face it. Money will fix this so just bring your wallet and accept the fact it will be lighter.

why not?...hemmm, how about because it is illegal, criminal even. Please, before you tell me how much you know and how long you have been here, etc this can and does and may well catch up with folks like the OP. And personally I think reasonable rule of law is good for everyone. In this case Thais and foreigners here. I think advocating or at least advising what is not the rule of law, as you clearly are--is not good for ANYone in the long run.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grif, not one person has an answer to the OP query? Just a bunch of conjecture and none of your busiess typre snooping.

Well I had a small visa problem and JWS helped me. They elisted in PG Directory Guide

Also Haris and Halyruk will always listen and may offer advice or a better recommendation. Same as International Law firm in Pattaya

I went through 4 or 5 " connected " lawyers once, they do just arrange payment, and yes get their cut from the way they were bullying me into it.

• Like 1

Why not just send a friend in to immigration to talk to the big boss and explain the situation you're in. A farang preferably. Thais have no qualms about being open to a bribe from a farang.

If a drunk farang can wipe out a family of three on a bike and be driving around a week later and a million and a quarter baht lighter goes to show how society is when it comes to baht.

Lets face it. Money will fix this so just bring your wallet and accept the fact it will be lighter.

why not?...hemmm, how about because it is illegal, criminal even. Please, before you tell me how much you know and how long you have been here, etc this can and does and may well catch up with folks like the OP. And personally I think reasonable rule of law is good for everyone. In this case Thais and foreigners here. I think advocating or at least advising what is not the rule of law, as you clearly are--is not good for ANYone in the long run.

The OP ask for a connected lawyer.

My advice was to bypass these bloodsucking leaches and deal with the matter yourself.

Yes its illegal but the rule of law in Thailand is money, you know it , I know it and the rest of the forum knows it.

Use the best avenue available or get deported. Oh wait. I've never heard of one farang being deported for an immigration or work permit offence but I can tell you of many who have paid them off when being threatened with it.

By law, you should be deported automatically if you serve 3 months or more in a Thai Jail. Yet there are many farangs who have spent time in Jail here but paid off immigration to stay.

Don't be so naive.

Or it gets worse after you have been charged with trying to bribe a government official.

Never heard of one farang being charged with it but know of many who have sorted out everything from a property dispute to killing someone on a bike with bribes.

Baht is god, not the law.

to some extent perhaps...and more so and longer with those who are ignorant and stupid enough to keep paying such.

We are talking immigration issue here, not a criminal matter. they are money hungry. They catch people working without permits daily and get paid off constantly. When is the last time you heard of a farang being deported for overstay or working without a permit?

Only the guys who can't pay do.

I think the better question is: when is the last time you heard of someone being deported who had a legal work permit/complied with the law.

My advice was to bypass these bloodsucking leaches and deal with the matter yourself.

Yes its illegal but the rule of law in Thailand is money, you know it , I know it and the rest of the forum knows it.

Use the best avenue available or get deported. Oh wait. I've never heard of one farang being deported for an immigration or work permit offence but I can tell you of many who have paid them off when being threatened with it.

By law, you should be deported automatically if you serve 3 months or more in a Thai Jail. Yet there are many farangs who have spent time in Jail here but paid off immigration to stay.

Don't be so naive.

Trust me gruber, I am not naive. I have lived here over ten years and consider it my home. Just because he asked for a connected lawyer does not mean you should advise him to engage in illegal activity. I am guessing he has sat on too many bar stools listening to too many "experts" such as yourself. Taking the easy corrupt way screws him in the short and long run and all of us who visit and live here int the long run. And you advocating that he act illegally adds to it. I find you and your advice annoying to say the least and truly naive.

and by the way you said:

"By law, you should be deported automatically if you serve 3 months or more in a Thai Jail"

really? what law exactly?

• Like 1

^ read under the line,

The lawyers who are well connected are not to be trusted- they'll shake you down , too.....eventually.

It's like living in a tank of pirahnas.

All of which is another very practical (for those who don't give sh#t about the law or morality) reason NOT to go the illegal route.

Don't be so naive.

Trust me gruber, I am not naive. I have lived here over ten years and consider it my home. Just because he asked for a connected lawyer does not mean you should advise him to engage in illegal activity. I am guessing he has sat on too many bar stools listening to too many "experts" such as yourself. Taking the easy corrupt way screws him in the short and long run and all of us who visit and live here int the long run. And you advocating that he act illegally adds to it. I find you and your advice annoying to say the least and truly naive.

and by the way you said:

"By law, you should be deported automatically if you serve 3 months or more in a Thai Jail"

He probably means: there should be a law that says ...

Don't be so naive.

and by the way you said:

You are extremely niaive, of course you are automatically deported after doing jail time in Thailand. What do you think they let drug smugglers kick back on Patong beach indefinately after doing a 5 year stretch. Its the same in farangland if a tourist breaks the law and gets jailed they dont exactly roll out the red carpet and have a brass band on his/her release. And they certainly dont say 'hey buddy just do a quick visa run even though you overstayed by 4 years' its a one way ticket out at your own cost. In Thailand it also comes with a 99 year ban. I dont think they charge you for the extra ink in your passport yet.

The OP asked for a connected lawyer. Do you think he means he wants a lawyer who is good at connecting phone lines or something?

Edited by IrishIvan
  • Like 1

Don't be so naive.

and by the way you said:

You are extremely niaive, of course you are automatically deported after doing jail time in Thailand. What do you think they let drug smugglers kick back on Patong beach indefinately after doing a 5 year stretch. Its the same in farangland if a tourist breaks the law and gets jailed they dont exactly roll out the red carpet and have a brass band on his/her release. And they certainly dont say 'hey buddy just do a quick visa run even though you overstayed by 4 years' its a one way ticket out at your own cost. In Thailand it also comes with a 99 year ban. I dont think they charge you for the extra ink in your passport yet.

The OP asked for a connected lawyer. Do you think he means he wants a lawyer who is good at connecting phone lines or something?

That would mean hansgruber is extremely naive, he is the one calling for such a law.

Don't be so naive.

and by the way you said:

That would mean hansgruber is extremely naive, he is the one calling for such a law.

I think hans has a better grip on things in LOS than most. His advice is always spot on IMO

I think hans has a better grip on things in LOS than most. His advice is always spot on IMO

Don't want to say anything about that, but I read this wrong. Comment retracted.

why not?...hemmm, how about because it is illegal, criminal even. Please, before you tell me how much you know and how long you have been here,

etc this can and does and may well catch up with folks like the OP. And personally I think reasonable rule of law is good for everyone. In this case Thais and foreigners here. I think advocating or at least advising what is not the rule of law, as you clearly are--is not good for ANYone in the long run.

Don't be so naive.

and by the way you said:

Read your first post.

"before you tell me how much you know and how long you have been here,"

Then your second.

"I have lived here over ten years and consider it my home."

Take your own advice. Nobody cares.

Its about how and the most convenient way to circumnavigate the law.

Yes. You are naive.

Read your first post.

"before you tell me how much you know and how long you have been here,"

Then your second.

"I have lived here over ten years and consider it my home."

Take your own advice. Nobody cares.

Its about how and the most convenient way to circumnavigate the law.

Yes. You are naive.

Dear Grubs, I did not say that I have lived here for over 10 years to support that I know or do not know Thailand better or not. I am well enough off in the smarts department that I do not have to claim several years of posting on TV and sitting on bar stools in Patong to claim any such knowledge of how Thailand works. What I said it for is that I live here, this is my home...i.e. "I give a shit about it." And, given what I do, I am pretty sure that I know far better than you how the corrupt side of Thailand works. Fact is you are advising and advocating illegal conduct. Either you are extremely naive or you do not give said shit.

• Like 1

Yes. I actually don't give a shit.

I have no legal problems and unlikely I ever will.

Ill leave that to you guys.

Oh and also, thank you for admitting that you do not in fact give a ______ about Thailand.

I never said I didn't give a shit about Thailand. Just not petty farang problems that can be easily avoided by being vigilant.

Reading you need a lawyer to buy a property is just another case of bending the law to own something illegally.

Farang can't own land but bends laws to do so.

Around and around we go hypocrite.

I have no legal problems and unlikely I ever will.

So obviously you have no experience dealing with corruption, consequently please refrain from dispensing advice about it. It is an extremely bad idea to walk into a government office, ask to see the boss, slam an envelope with x000 Baht on his desk and demand that your problem will be solved.

I have no legal problems and unlikely I ever will.So obviously you have no experience dealing with corruption, consequently please refrain from dispensing advice about it. It is an extremely bad idea to walk into a government office, ask to see the boss, slam an envelope with x000 Baht on his desk and demand that your problem will be solved.

I've dealt with corruption here. Many times.

Pulled over and fined for nothing.

I've been pulled over for speeding and payed the 200 baht out the window to keep going without a receipt.

Payed tea money to immigration for paperwork that should be free.

Payed customs a fraction of duty to release my imported goods from customs without a receipt.

I've been a victim and a perpetrator of corruption. Its life here on a daily basis.

If I got caught doing anything illegal, i would be open to pay because I can 99% of the time.

That you have to agree with me if you have lived here as long as I think you have Keestha.

About lawyers. I don't get corrupt lawyers to set up front companies so I can hold land illegally or just for a work permit.

I have the proper visa in place that don't require lawyers so I guess your right about knowing nothing about that level of corruption but there sure is a lot of threads and stories about farangs being shafted by lawyers, accountants and nominees.

I know money is above all here so I just go with it. Its none of our business to try and change things, that's what can get you killed. Farang meddling in Thai affairs is one area I won't go, hence not doing a business here.

I have no legal problems and unlikely I ever will.So obviously you have no experience dealing with corruption, consequently please refrain from dispensing advice about it. It is an extremely bad idea to walk into a government office, ask to see the boss, slam an envelope with x000 Baht on his desk and demand that your problem will be solved.

I've dealt with corruption here. Many times.

Pulled over and fined for nothing.

I've been pulled over for speeding and payed the 200 baht out the window to keep going without a receipt.

Payed tea money to immigration for paperwork that should be free.

Payed customs a fraction of duty to release my imported goods from customs without a receipt.

I've been a victim and a perpetrator of corruption. Its life here on a daily basis.

If I got caught doing anything illegal, i would be open to pay because I can 99% of the time.

That you have to agree with me if you have lived here as long as I think you have Keestha.

About lawyers. I don't get corrupt lawyers to set up front companies so I can hold land illegally or just for a work permit.

I have the proper visa in place that don't require lawyers so I guess your right about knowing nothing about that level of corruption but there sure is a lot of threads and stories about farangs being shafted by lawyers, accountants and nominees.

I know money is above all here so I just go with it. Its none of our business to try and change things, that's what can get you killed. Farang meddling in Thai affairs is one area I won't go, hence not doing a business here.

I love it...you have now not only admitted AND put it on the internet here (and yes, who "you" are can be found...fairly easily). Your are a criminal and support criminals Grubs, that was not "naive" it was just plain DUMBclap2.gif