Thai Smile

A fragile smile.smile.png

Tracking AF in AF-Continuous using screw-drive lenses on the K-5 IIs isn't the quickest and I had to work bloody hard that day to get shots in focus. Around a 20-25% hit rate at best I reckon using the Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited which is an absolute b!tch to get sharp focus even in good light but when it does (rarely, even after fine calibration) the thing utterly shines. I have since changed my technique by changing the focus settings so the half press shutter button AF activation is switched off and you need to hold the AF button down on the back of the camera instead.

Apparently the K-3 is much quicker with screw-drive lenses having a much more powerful screw-drive motor and tracking AF-C is much improved especially with the new 27-point (25 cross point) AF system.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fragile smile.smile.png

Tracking AF in AF-Continuous using screw-drive lenses on the K-5 IIs isn't the quickest and I had to work bloody hard that day to get shots in focus. Around a 20-25% hit rate at best I reckon using the Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited which is an absolute b!tch to get sharp focus even in good light but when it does (rarely, even after fine calibration) the thing utterly shines. I have since changed my technique by changing the focus settings so the half press shutter button AF activation is switched off and you need to hold the AF button down on the back of the camera instead.

Apparently the K-3 is much quicker with screw-drive lenses having a much more powerful screw-drive motor and tracking AF-C is much improved especially with the new 27-point (25 cross point) AF system.

I am a firm believer in back button focusing (if not using manual focus). If I am not shooting in manual exposure mode, the shutter release is used for exposure only. It just makes loads of sense to separate the two functions (in my opinion).

^^ It's so much easier and get you on target much more frequently.

Also understanding the different modes helps. TAv for low light where you set the aperture and the exposure time and the camera sets the ISO, that makes low light shots easy. Av in good light and set the aperture and ISO and the camera does the exposure time. Understanding when to adjust EV and by how much.

I still don't fully understand the thing I have and this is my second K series. Gone through all the settings and turned off a lot of the noise reduction for ISO's up to 3200 and a whole bunch of other things to try and squeeze the best out of the Pentax. I've realised it's enough for me and I have a <deleted> great tax bill coming up.

Lens choice is also important it comes to tracking AF speed. These screw drives are slow, the HSM lenses are the fastest for focusing.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the best Thai Smile any man could wish to have !

attachicon.gifFie loei 140.JPG

That is a lovely smile!

This is best smile ever , Shame for all who don't have the pleasure I do , I have to live with this everyday , sorry people .

But I bet they are happier people than some who have too much!

I see this with Thai and Burmese people I know here... genuinely, nice people!..... and will do anything for you! thumbsup.gif

Saw some arty farty pics on t'internet earlier today ... "inspired" me to to at least try. And how "posey" is it to addmy initials. Wooo get you ! First one not look tooooo Thai but was.

first one looks like she's a bit plastered! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

What program are you using to give these pics interesting effects.... or is it a program on your camera... (I think I saw you mention that, somewhere?....blink.png )

Is it me or is this flipped over version "more better". Never tried that before. I guess you can tell from her eyes she is madly in love with me. It is not easy having boyish good looks and charm and sophistication. (No idea what I am on about). Its a shame you cant post pics/posts and delete a week later when you look at them again. Perhaps you can.

post-192138-13904020626258_thumb.jpg

Is it me or is this flipped over version "more better". Never tried that before. I guess you can tell from her eyes she is madly in love with me. It is not easy having boyish good looks and charm and sophistication. (No idea what I am on about). Its a shame you cant post pics/posts and delete a week later when you look at them again. Perhaps you can.

Flipping hell! .... You'll have us all confused!.... Have you flipped your lid? .... blink.pngbiggrin.png

Nah once your images are posted you have to live with it ... good or bad! tongue.pngrolleyes.gif

Oh dear .. stuck with em good or bad. Thats it. Never gonna post ever again. Well perhaps one more. Nice smile for a Thai smile thread. Arty ? .. Cant do with normal tooooooo often.

Post some more pics of birds.

Ok will try and find pic of a robin ... damn was in sunny England .. not allowed in Thai Visa. Im over my sparkly lights and pink teeth period by the way. Lasted a few hours byt had a lie down since.. Now into blue and white faces. My football teams colours. West Huntspill Hammers.

post-192138-13904140532332_thumb.jpg

Ok will try and find pic of a robin ... dam_n was in sunny England .. not allowed in Thai Visa. Im over my sparkly lights and pink teeth period by the way. Lasted a few hours byt had a lie down since.. Now into blue and white faces. My football teams colours. West Huntspill Hammers.

cheesy.gif

I'm a Weston boy. I'll be there next Friday.

Archived