Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Nope... it's Rashford / Lingard / Pogba and Pereira.

There is a chance that Tatih Chong will get more chances, but can't see many of the others taking the step up just yet. 

They are established squad players, and hardly all homegrown.

We've also got Rhian Brewster to come back, and he will get game time. Klopp does not shy away from youth. TAA is great example of what you can achieve if you take your chance.

In saying that a few have gone out on loan again, as they probably won't get a look in and do need senior football. 

If you total the average age of our squads, I'd reckon ours will be a shade younger

Edited by BangrakBob

Just now, BangrakBob said:

They are established squad players, and hardly all homegrown.

Doesn't matter. They are former academy players that are now established first teamers (Pereira could soon be).

TAA is the only one who will realistically play regularly in big games for you. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Doesn't matter. They are former academy players that are now established first teamers (Pereira could soon be).

TAA is the only one who will realistically play regularly in big games for you. 

Fair point, but it's not like Klopp doesn't give youth a chance.

It's just extremely difficult to get in to this team right now.

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah, we went for a pint last week, gave me the low down. 

England's right back TAA and soon to be one of England's best attacking midfielders Curtis Jones both will feature ?

Is that the same youth that Mourinho stated aren't his players and why would Sanchez want to play with them?

TAA is a massive talent and terribly underused in the World Cup. It was an ideal platform to gain some international experience for the future, and badly missed. 

58 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

TAA is a massive talent and terribly underused in the World Cup. It was an ideal platform to gain some international experience for the future, and badly missed. 

Should be a big season for him. Nice lad too,

I forgot to add Nat Philips, who is starting tonight and has featured well in pre-season. Maybe Klopp has seen enough of Philips and Jones to give them a go in the first team squad? 

Edited by BangrakBob

Maybe it’s Gini and Shapiri in behind.

Gini was signed as a number 10 and he looked good last night. 

Shaqiri’s eye for a pass is quality, that pass for the Studge goal. 

The movement and passing has gone up a notch. 

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

It's the creative door opener we are missing, Lallana suspect with injuries and form. 

Fark me Bobby,so buying a playmaker would give you 8 for 3 positions, if that was the case i'm guessing that Henderson wouldnt be in your strongest team ?

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Fark me Bobby,so buying a playmaker would give you 8 for 3 positions, if that was the case i'm guessing that Henderson wouldnt be in your strongest team ?

Haha welll I’m not sure now watching Shaqiri. 

I dont think Henderson will be playing every game. VVD should be the captain. 

Klopp will rotate right off the bat though like last season.

defo need a CB though 

^^^ shaquri .. class act .. with the others around 'pushing' him and playing at his level   he WILL shine,

Cant quite get my head around 12 ish mil being rated as a bargain .. however, wouldnt be surprised at him being up there for player of the season ..perhaps .pushing it however he's got it in him AND i think he's got a point to prove

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Haha welll I’m not sure now watching Shaqiri. 

I dont think Henderson will be playing every game. VVD should be the captain. 

Klopp will rotate right off the bat though like last season.

defo need a CB though 

Everytime henderson has had 'hurdles' put infront of him . New managers change of position ect I've EXPECTED him to fail/ f up.. he never has he's ALWAYS rises and actually improves ..fit FULLY expect him to be one of the first on klopp's team sheet .. dont think u got anyone that can do his job as well .. a fit lallana and henderson IMO will b the diference between a top 4 and a title challenge  but we'll c

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^^ shaquri .. class act .. with the others around 'pushing' him and playing at his level   he WILL shine,

Cant quite get my head around 12 ish mil being rated as a bargain .. however, wouldnt be surprised at him being up there for player of the season ..perhaps .pushing it however he's got it in him AND i think he's got a point to prove

On one hand your saying 12 mill is not a bargain and on the other your backing him for player of the season.

The lad has a point and a half to prove. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will play as much as he wants and I certainly do not see him anywhere near player of the season.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

On one hand your saying 12 mill is not a bargain and on the other your backing him for player of the season.

The lad has a point and a half to prove. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he will play as much as he wants and I certainly do not see him anywhere near player of the season.

no you miss the point   its not a comment on him or liverpool more  on  me finding  that spending 12 mil is perceived as 'cheap'  disproportionate and or  totally nuts.

50 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

no you miss the point   its not a comment on him or liverpool more  on  me finding  that spending 12 mil is perceived as 'cheap'  disproportionate and or  totally nuts.

When his mate arnautovic was being banded about for 60m it is a bargain. 12m is cheap for a proven premiership player. The reality of premiership football unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

When his mate arnautovic was being banded about for 60m it is a bargain. 12m is cheap for a proven premiership player. The reality of premiership football unfortunately.

Particularly when they are talking about £25 mill for the likes of Grealish. He will be the bargain of the season I’m sure. 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:06 PM, Kadilo said:

I'd have like to have seem him used too, and he is a real talent, but its very difficult to replace someone else if that person is playing so well

On 8/7/2018 at 11:06 PM, Kadilo said:

Yeah, cos a World Cup isn't very important is it ?

^^ I think it was more an opportunity for him to experience the environment, similar to taking Rio to France '98.

Realistically if something would have happened to Trippier, I think it would have been Ashley Young switching to right back, and Rose coming in at left back. Or Walker playing there and someone covering at CB.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^ I think it was more an opportunity for him to experience the environment, similar to taking Rio to France '98.

Realistically if something would have happened to Trippier, I think it would have been Ashley Young switching to right back, and Rose coming in at left back. Or Walker playing there and someone covering at CB.

You’re probably right but I think he showed enough in the friendlies leading up to the World Cup that he’s ahead of the likes of Young, if not before definitely now. 

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You’re probably right but I think he showed enough in the friendlies leading up to the World Cup that he’s ahead of the likes of Young, if not before definitely now. 

I've given up on people who don't recognise the experience, work rate and ability of Young. To play someone like TAA ahead of him at a WC would be madness IMO.

And when I say experience... I mean experience of playing at the highest level and winning things. 

Edited by RickG16

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

A question harder to answer with a squad of 2 first 11s I guess. Bit easier for us, our strongest lineup is pretty obvious.

Yet to be seen how the new signings will cope in the Premiership or gel within the team.

You are too modest.

25 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

So Lovren had issues with injury from the WC and didn't inform the club and now he can't even train. 3 CB injured already.  

Four days ago (whilst transfer window was still open) the lying b'stard said he was fit! Hope Klopp gives him the 'Sakho' treatment and gets shut of him in Jan.:post-4641-1156693976: