Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Don't know what you boys think but apparently we should expect <deleted> all from Rodgers for another 10 years...once he finishes is traineeship

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/aston-villa-2-1-liverpool-fc-9077993

think i prefer this take on it to be honest.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/04/liverpool-little-more-than-a-balanced-investment-portfolio/

excellent article, some real home truths.

Longstebe you might want to have a read.

• Like 1

I'm glad I was half-pished before KO y'day & even happier that I couldn't remember much of the game by the final whistle...but having watched it again this morning ,slightly hungover but functioningsaai.gifermm.gif ...meh!

Time to move forward ...I'd give Can the next 6 games in CM in place of Gerrard who i'd give the last 10 mins at home v Palace & away v Hull & that's it.

&lt;deleted&gt; Mario off,tell Sterling he ain't worth what he thinks he is,take the deal we are offering or do one!

Liverpool are like me walking home last night ,1 step forward & 2 steps back ...Sort it out FSG & Brendan please.

• Like 2

Don't know what you boys think but apparently we should expect <deleted> all from Rodgers for another 10 years...once he finishes is traineeship

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/04/liverpool-little-more-than-a-balanced-investment-portfolio/

more i think about it, more i keep coming to the conclusion that brendan will be gone in the summer. we were appalling in the champions league, aren't going to finish in the top four, spent a hell of a lot of money last season and have been awful in every match of significance and pressure this season. i think it would (probably) be a mistake to get rid of him but it wouldn't surprise me to see FSG do it. meanwhile the clown ian ayre keeps his job and the ludicrous transfer committee stays in place.

more i think about it, more i keep coming to the conclusion that brendan will be gone in the summer. we were appalling in the champions league, aren't going to finish in the top four, spent a hell of a lot of money last season and have been awful in every match of significance and pressure this season. i think it would (probably) be a mistake to get rid of him but it wouldn't surprise me to see FSG do it. meanwhile the clown ian ayre keeps his job and the ludicrous transfer committee stays in place.

Well that's a longer version of what I said earlier, but bob called me naive whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Well that's a longer version of what I said earlier, but bob called me naive whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Well maybe you should expand beyond your "net spend"record. There is no mention of "net spend" in stevie's post only that we spent a hell of a lot of money. Which you seemed to think spending 100M was not an issue as far as Spurs were concerned 2 years back, because you spent net nothing. You surely expected more than what you got, as did we.

Rodgers may well carry the can for players bought, but we don't know how much influence the owners policy and transfer committee had on the profile of player, as mentioned in the article.

Mr. alfie you should read the article too, you'll see some points relating to other major issues beyond how much money is spent, about the way it is being spent and type of player being brought in and why.

• Like 2

I'm glad I was half-pished before KO y'day & even happier that I couldn't remember much of the game by the final whistle...but having watched it again this morning ,slightly hungover but functioningsaai.gifermm.gif ...meh!

Time to move forward ...I'd give Can the next 6 games in CM in place of Gerrard who i'd give the last 10 mins at home v Palace & away v Hull & that's it.

<deleted> Mario off,tell Sterling he ain't worth what he thinks he is,take the deal we are offering or do one!

Liverpool are like me walking home last night ,1 step forward & 2 steps back ...Sort it out FSG & Brendan please.

Yep, Gerrard has hadc it as far as i am concerned. I would have taken him off at half time. Can should start in CM, but he was doing OK in defence until yesterday IMHO

That is depressing Devil...

King Kenny was sacked in a season he won the League Cup and got us to the final of FA Cup.

I wouldn't sack Rodgers, but if we could get Klopp then it would be a no brainer and hopefully raid Dortmund on his way out

It is depressing Bob, really depressing!

Ive see some decent Liverpool sides and player over the past 30-40 years, just as no doubt yourself and other have who post on here. I remember when I didn't only expected to see us to win the league, win trophies but also be feared by opposition and consistently beat big teams in big games... but the past years have been a hard pill to swallow and we really digressed more especially after the Rafa period.

Then seeing what happened last season under Rodgers and FSG with that mad crazy run nearly winning the league, the type of football we played which came from no where (given the first period under Rodgers was very mediocre) has warped all expectations and reality for me and made this season feel even more disappointing and I think some fans are not admitting this is the case also.

Yes we should of spent the Suarez money better, Yes we should of bought 2 if not 3 top 'proven' talents and broke the bank on salary and fees to build on last seasons team, but we didn't,we've "invested in 6 or so potential players which is what FSG wanted and thought was needed.

Unless FSG look at the recent disappointment, go and back the manager who himself has said a few times earlier on in the season in that we can't rely only on potential and youth we need proven quality. We have to look at the transfer policy this summer because another bad window I'm afraid will set us too far back.

Right now we still can build on what we STILL have which is a good young side, before we start if not already loose the likes of Sterling, Coutinho.

So here we are... (we have reached two semis and lie in 5th ) so we are probably on track when its all put into perspective right ??

​Do I think if we brought in Klopp he would do a better job than Rodgers, yeah I believe he would (he's a rare breed of manager) more experience and would attract better players from Europe to the club and also he can develop young sides. I just think if there is going to be a change in the summer it might be that FSG may force a Director of Football on Rodgers to attract players if they are to spend more money.

Anyway I can't see us attracting the likes Klopp as other have said and I can't see FSG or the club doing better than Rodgers as our manager as it stands right now, but for whats its worth just maybe if we are patient with Rodgers over the next few years with a better transfer policy and backing we might just get nearer to what we all want.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

King Kenny was sacked in a season he won the League Cup and got us to the final of FA Cup.

I wouldn't sack Rodgers, but if we could get Klopp then it would be a no brainer and hopefully raid Dortmund on his way out

Ive see some decent Liverpool sides and player over the past 30-40 years, just as no doubt yourself and other have who post on here. I remember when I didn't only expected to see us to win the league, win trophies but also be feared by opposition and consistently beat big teams in big games... but the past years have been a hard pill to swallow and we really digressed more especially after the Rafa period.

Then seeing what happened last season under Rodgers and FSG with that mad crazy run nearly winning the league, the type of football we played which came from no where (given the first period under Rodgers was very mediocre) has warped all expectations and reality for me and made this season feel even more disappointing and I think some fans are not admitting this is the case also.

Yes we should of spent the Suarez money better, Yes we should of bought 2 if not 3 top 'proven' talents and broke the bank on salary and fees to build on last seasons team, but we didn't,we've "invested in 6 or so potential players which is what FSG wanted and thought was needed.

Unless FSG look at the recent disappointment, go and back the manager who himself has said a few times earlier on in the season in that we can't rely only on potential and youth we need proven quality. We have to look at the transfer policy this summer because another bad window I'm afraid will set us too far back.

Right now we still can build on what we STILL have which is a good young side, before we start if not already loose the likes of Sterling, Coutinho.

So here we are... (we have reached two semis and lie in 5th ) so we are probably on track when its all put into perspective right ??

​Do I think if we brought in Klopp he would do a better job than Rodgers, yeah I believe he would (he's a rare breed of manager) more experience and would attract better players from Europe to the club and also he can develop young sides. I just think if there is going to be a change in the summer it might be that FSG may force a Director of Football on Rodgers to attract players if they are to spend more money.

Anyway I can't see us attracting the likes Klopp as other have said and I can't see FSG or the club doing better than Rodgers as our manager as it stands right now, but for whats its worth just maybe if we are patient with Rodgers over the next few years with a better transfer policy and backing we might just get nearer to what we all want.

well said fella, surely this summer we shall see the ambition or lack there of from FSG

• Like 1

well said fella, surely this summer we shall see the ambition or lack there of from FSG

Yeah agreed - all eyes will be on them from the support base more than ever.

There is a campaign rolling for everyone at Wemberly to sing Happy Birthday to Stevie G!

clap2.gif

Other fans like to sing his name anyway, even when their not playing against Liverpool.

it's honestly one of the most pathetic things i can think of in modern football. and anyone who indulges in it or thinks it's at all funny is a bit of a sad prick really.

You don't think "We do not let this slip now" and then him slipping on his arse wasn't hilarious?

Pretty well everyone else did.

Karmic payback for punching the DJ.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

There is a campaign rolling for everyone at Wemberly to sing Happy Birthday to Stevie G!

clap2.gif

Other fans like to sing his name anyway, even when their not playing against Liverpool.

it's honestly one of the most pathetic things i can think of in modern football. and anyone who indulges in it or thinks it's at all funny is a bit of a sad prick really.

You don't think "We do not let this slip now" and then him slipping on his arse wasn't hilarious?

biggrin.png

one thing to find it funny at the time, if you're that way inclined. another entirely to sing about it when you're not playing liverpool and the rivalry with liverpool is really nothing to do with your club. it's all very tim lovejoy and soccer am to be honest. fans who'd rather sing something they've been told to believe is funny and 'banter' when you're supposed to be there supporting your own team.

united fans were actually singing about it. singing a song about a mistake that handed the league title to your supposedly noisy neighbours and local hated rivals. that's new levels of meta-bellendery.

• Like 2

clap2.gif

biggrin.png

one thing to find it funny at the time, if you're that way inclined. another entirely to sing about it when you're not playing liverpool and the rivalry with liverpool is really nothing to do with your club. it's all very tim lovejoy and soccer am to be honest. fans who'd rather sing something they've been told to believe is funny and 'banter' when you're supposed to be there supporting your own team.

united fans were actually singing about it. singing a song about a mistake that handed the league title to your supposedly noisy neighbours and local hated rivals. that's new levels of meta-bellendery.

With rafa long gone, cpt camera kisser all but gone, balotelli as good as gone, I think Henderson should be nominated next for years of justified abuse...hurry up Hendo, sign that Damn contract lol

clap2.gif

biggrin.png

Comedians usually freshen up their material every few months, they certainly don't tell the same joke every week at the same venue for 12 months, unless they are special-ED, Neanderthal, lobotomised &lt;deleted&gt;

"Karmic payback" get ta &lt;deleted&gt;

• Like 1

It's more a pisstake of the press and the mickey mousers who were already going on about winning the FA Cup on his birthday being the perfect send off for Stevie G.

Frankly most Gooners are extremely glad that we won't have to listen to the press banging on about it from now until May 30th which we almost certainly would have done.

like i say james, singing about and celebrating a mistake that handed the league to your hated neighbours and rivals rather than supporting your own team. bizarre behaviour.

Yes, well if you'd just win the Premier League once it would all go away, wouldn't it?

w00t.gif

• Like 1

It's more a pisstake of the press and the mickey mousers who were already going on about winning the FA Cup on his birthday being the perfect send off for Stevie G.

Frankly most Gooners are extremely glad that we won't have to listen to the press banging on about it from now until May 30th which we almost certainly would have done.

press talking about ex-england captain and premier league legend as he's about to exit the country for good shocker. and either way it's still two-bob soccer am &lt;deleted&gt;.

Sad prick and bell end I am then, cos I find it funny as f u c k.

And, I'm positive 1000% you scousers would be exactly the same, were the roles reversed.

Hhhhhhmmm, sorry now I've thought about it, you were, for 26 bloody years.

Have it back and suck it up, only a year to go till that clock runs down and I will still be laughing then. [emoji23]

redrus

• Like 1

^

^

Well you lads on here are Scousers in a minority then, quite honestly I've spent my whole life listening to it.

I remind you all of the one song, sung backwards and forwards throughout my life.....

"Are you watching Manchester"

I know it's sung back to you too but, to say they're never sung, is daft.

redrus