Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

What a load o' <deleted> against a <deleted> average United.

The whole team looks tentative, clueless, passionless, no movement, no forward outlet or creativity.. Mignolet, Skrtel and Lovren look like they started playing football last week. Danny Ings was the only lad worth w mention, aside Benteke's goal.

What was the point in playing in our own half for 45 minutes when United were there for the taking, why not change it after 20 minutes and go at them. Why, because the manager hasn't a <deleted> clue.

<deleted> dross, we never had a chance with those tactics today. After watching United the last few weeks, there was no better time to play United at Old Trafford than today but our boss didn't think so.

Best get on the horn to Klopp chop chop.

Yes and something the owners should have done last summer rather than wasting this season on a bust flush. Rodgers looks so lame and inept on the touchline, clueless.

• Like 1

bye brendan. nobody can make a case for him any more. that was a disgrace that. he's done.

Well Brendan did achieve something by obviously preparing, and coming and hoping for a draw, he let United finally string some moves together

and after Blinds strike United suddenly came to the conclusion Liverpool were there for the taking and were.

First half was possible the worst half of football I can ever remember not one shot on goal from either side.

I don't follow Liverpol obviously but for the life of me I can't even see a leader in Liverpools side and I know Henderson wasn't playing but totally

devoid of any passion or purpose.Brendan can waffle all he likes about his new squad full of enthusiasm blah, blah, blah but its not happening

and if things dont chnage by Christmas I don't see him surviving.

When Rodgers first came in and he was trying to Implement his style of play, we were losing games but you could see what he was trying to do.

These first 5 games have been nothing short of &lt;deleted&gt;, dire football. I'm slowly losing faith in him, he needs to get back to what he preaches. The dark side is approaching fast for me.

• Like 2

This is Rodgers fourth season now, yes his fourth season !

There is no point analysing the game or player performances because its the same shit we saw from last season.

Maybe the likes of Coutinho, Henderson or Sturridge or even Lallana coming back into the side may give us a better balance and threat going forward but at the moment the only major change I can see having any positive impact right now is a change in manager.

• Like 2

There is no point analysing the game or player performances because its the same shit we saw from last season.

Maybe the likes of Coutinho, Henderson or Sturridge or even Lallana coming back into the side may give us a better balance and threat going forward but at the moment the only major change I can see having any positive impact right now is a change in manager.

I'm gutted Dev, I was prepared to give him a full season but that's changing. If I don't see some sort of direction after 10 games, he has to go.

Who do we bring in, better still, who will want to come here. We can't go with another up and coming manager, he needs to have won things and holds experience in European competitions.

• Like 1

I'm gutted Dev, I was prepared to give him a full season but that's changing. If I don't see some sort of direction after 10 games, he has to go.

Who do we bring in, better still, who will want to come here. We can't go with another up and coming manager, he needs to have won things and holds experience in European competitions.

Sorry but this is all getting rather alarmist. You support Liverpool football club. What on earth are you talking about asking the question.who will want to come here? You are along with United the biggest clubs in the country.

You have Ancellotti and Klopp both on sabbatical. Either would be a perfect fit and very viable options to get.

Its the fault of you owners they chose to waste a season by retaining the services of a sub standard manager. What you are seeing now is a manager that doesn't know what he's going to do. He's the rabbit staring into the headlights without Luis Suarez to make him look good as was the case during your title chase. Why on earth anyone would give the idiot another season is beyond me.

Tim Sherwood i'm quite convinced would do a better job with your squad. And yes, i'm serious about that statement.

Theres nothing to fear from van Gaal's United. No pace, no movement, slow tempo, just grind grind grind.

Your center backs must stay alert to the big hoof up to Fellaini, all part of van Gaal's total football at Old Trafford but aside of that root one elbows up stuff, nothing much to concern about from what i can see.

Bit harsh on United maybe but they're just Moyes+260m spent

carmine

Spot on with your assesment again I see........................gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

Theres nothing to fear from van Gaal's United. No pace, no movement, slow tempo, just grind grind grind.

Your center backs must stay alert to the big hoof up to Fellaini, all part of van Gaal's total football at Old Trafford but aside of that root one elbows up stuff, nothing much to concern about from what i can see.

carmine

Spot on with your assesment again I see........................gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

He's right though petermik, yesterday was just a reflection on how bad Liverpool are. United are still an ordinary side and a half decent mid-table team would have give you a better run yesterday.

• Like 1

What a load o' <deleted> against a <deleted> average United.

The whole team looks tentative, clueless, passionless, no movement, no forward outlet or creativity.. Mignolet, Skrtel and Lovren look like they started playing football last week. Danny Ings was the only lad worth w mention, aside Benteke's goal.

What was the point in playing in our own half for 45 minutes when United were there for the taking, why not change it after 20 minutes and go at them. Why, because the manager hasn't a <deleted> clue.

<deleted> dross, we never had a chance with those tactics today. After watching United the last few weeks, there was no better time to play United at Old Trafford than today but our boss didn't think so.

Best get on the horn to Klopp chop chop.

Looks like there might be a queue forming for Herr Klopp.

carmine

Are you trying to suggest that you were really that good? You were dog average to crap in the first half and better in the second. Liverpool were woeful throughout which is fundamentally why you won. Now run along biggrin.png

carmine

Are you trying to suggest that you were really that good? You were dog average to crap in the first half and better in the second. Liverpool were woeful throughout which is fundamentally why you won. Now run along biggrin.png

united fans will take the result of course but i can't imagine many are happy with the way they're playing. fellaini up front is not what man united fans are used to historically.

steve armstrong of united we stand fanzine was on the anfield wrap podcast last week and was excellent value. worth a listen even for non-liverpool or united fans. http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/09/citytalk-manc-watch/

This season was allways going to be challenging-you lost a world class player who has carried you for years,his influence on the pitch even in his twilight motivated others- this cannot be easily replaced thumbsup.gif

Long and difficult season for the scousers IMHO whistling.gif

This season was allways going to be challenging-you lost a world class player who has carried you for years,his influence on the pitch even in his twilight motivated others- this cannot be easily replaced thumbsup.gif

Long and difficult season for the scousers IMHO whistling.gif

Granted we are in need of a true leader, but the long and difficult season is going to have very little to do with missing a player whose ship sailed 2 seasons back. I would have thought that was more than obvious in the team set up and style of play we brought to OT.

carmine

He's right though petermik, yesterday was just a reflection on how bad Liverpool are. United are still an ordinary side and a half decent mid-table team would have give you a better run yesterday.

yep. this is the poorest united side i can remember really. we gifted them the three goals, all totally avoidable schoolboy errors. so apart from that it was a scrappy encounter between two not particularly good sides and with little real quality on display.

You said this last season..!

redrus

yep. this is the poorest united side i can remember really. we gifted them the three goals, all totally avoidable schoolboy errors. so apart from that it was a scrappy encounter between two not particularly good sides and with little real quality on display.

Deary deary me Stevie,how old are you if this is the poorest side you can remember?

You gifted us three goals?? i suggest you take a look at the 3 goals again all well taken individually and the third ours was marginally beaten by Bentekes.Sour grapes on losing fellow.

The first half was dire agreed but what happened in the second half was we we stepped it up and you lot got beat end of story,no need to drag United into Brendans/Roys misgivings.........I particularly don't like Van Gaal but know we are heading in the opposite direction to your lot.Given time we might even have found a diamond up front.

Giggsy will take over from Van Gaal soon enough anyway.

Deary deary me Stevie,how old are you if this is the poorest side you can remember?

You gifted us three goals?? i suggest you take a look at the 3 goals again all well taken individually and the third ours was marginally beaten by Bentekes.Sour grapes on losing fellow.

The first half was dire agreed but what happened in the second half was we we stepped it up and you lot got beat end of story,no need to drag United into Brendans/Roys misgivings.........I particularly don't like Van Gaal but know we are heading in the opposite direction to your lot.Given time we might even have found a diamond up front.

Giggsy will take over from Van Gaal soon enough anyway.

stepped what up? your first shot on target from open play was the 87th minute &lt;deleted&gt;. three efforts on target, three goals. first one schoolboy marking of blind, second one a naive lunge by an 18 year old, third one traditionally powderpuff defending and lack of challenge by skrtel. all utterly avoidable by good teams. but if you consider that a good performance then go for your life.

liverpool were abject. united were marginally less rubbish. and yet in the ten minutes after you went one-nil up we could have had three goals. it was a shockingly poor game and a dreadful advert for the supposedly best league in the world.

• Like 2

Another question for Brendon Rodgers, the manager appealing season on season for time and patience as his team regresses.

Firmino is a number10 that likes to drift to the left. Coutinho is out. So, in a 433 why on earth does he choose to play Firmino on the right and Ings on the left?

this is just schoolboy.

Another question for Brendon Rodgers, the manager appealing season on season for time and patience as his team regresses.

Firmino is a number10 that likes to drift to the left. Coutinho is out. So, in a 433 why on earth does he choose to play Firmino on the right and Ings on the left?

this is just schoolboy.

it's indicative of the fear with which he's started this season mate. first three matches, attempting to make us harder to beat and we got three clean sheets out of them. felt sorry for ings and firmino as they were being asked to play wide in a 4-5-1, almost as wingbacks, which negates their strengths and doesn't help us. if you really want to play that flat a formation and be defensive first, play moreno and ibe in those roles, who are at least more wingbacks and have actually played there before. but then it's the same brendan who repeatedly played sterling as a wingback last season too. his bottle has gone and the attack-minded, high-pressing manager we appointed has gone all scared and into his shell.

• Like 1

this is just schoolboy.

Rodgers keeps changing formations and moving players out of position, Ings looked more like a defensive midlfielder on Sunday and the more he changes the worse the team gets.

Why play a young inexperienced Gomez as a left back. Why persist with Milner in the middle when he is not effective enough there.

Why have we only got 1 real winger and why did we loan out the only other one. Why do we have Benteke upfront on his own when we are not crossing to him or playing off him. Why have we gone from possession football, to counter attacking football. Why is Lovren even on the park instead of Sakho.

How have we managed to overhaul the squad again this summer and the backroom staff but the same problems that plagued our football last season are still very much apparent.

There is no identity, the team has no confidence in what it is doing on the park, the regression has been going on for the best part of last season and continued in to this season, how much time do we give him? In the modern game he has had more than most, Kenny won a trophy and was given the hook, Moyes got 8 months?

There is no chance this man is going to bring Liverpool success, he doesn't have the bottle, the tactical acumen, nor the experience of a winner and the LFC manager's job weighs too heavy on his shoulders.

I'd rather lose every week under a caretaker manager playing attractive football and having a go than watch that clueless rubbish.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

this is just schoolboy.

it's indicative of the fear with which he's started this season mate. first three matches, attempting to make us harder to beat and we got three clean sheets out of them. felt sorry for ings and firmino as they were being asked to play wide in a 4-5-1, almost as wingbacks, which negates their strengths and doesn't help us. if you really want to play that flat a formation and be defensive first, play moreno and ibe in those roles, who are at least more wingbacks and have actually played there before. but then it's the same brendan who repeatedly played sterling as a wingback last season too. his bottle has gone and the attack-minded, high-pressing manager we appointed has gone all scared and into his shell.

And as the days go by the shadow of Klopp looms larger and larger over the Liverpool dugout!

Come on Stevie, Klopps going to be the next manager ,right!?

Edited by carmine

this is just schoolboy.

And as the days go by the shadow of Klopp looms larger and larger over the Liverpool dugout!

Come on Stevie, Klopps going to be the next manager ,right!?

i'd love to think so carmine. but then we should have done whatever it took to get him in the summer. the 6-1 defeat at stoke currently looms larger than klopp. no way should brendan have kept his job after that.

another issue, what's he going to do with sturridge when he's back? play him as a wingback? he just looks lost and clueless as a manager now and we're going to have to bite the bullet at some point. hopefully sooner rather than later.

Klopp being on sabbatical might bode well. I may give you the opportunity to replace Rodgers quickly by coaxing Klopp back early. It just looks such a good fit.

This should happen soon than later, what with a difficult set of fixtures to contend with in the near future.

Does Brendon still think Can's a right back?! He'll destroy this lad too!!! You couldn't make it up biggrin.png

this is just schoolboy.

Rodgers keeps changing formations and moving players out of position, Ings looked more like a defensive midlfielder on Sunday and the more he changes the worse the team gets.

Why play a young inexperienced Gomez as a left back. Why persist with Milner in the middle when he is not effective enough there.

Why have we only got 1 real winger and why did we loan out the only other one. Why do we have Benteke upfront on his own when we are not crossing to him or playing off him. Why have we gone from possession football, to counter attacking football. Why is Lovren even on the park instead of Sakho.

How have we managed to overhaul the squad again this summer and the backroom staff but the same problems that plagued our football last season are still very much apparent.

There is no identity, the team has no confidence in what it is doing on the park, the regression has been going on for the best part of last season and continued in to this season, how much time do we give him? In the modern game he has had more than most, Kenny won a trophy and was given the hook, Moyes got 8 months?

There is no chance this man is going to bring Liverpool success, he doesn't have the bottle, the tactical acumen, nor the experience of a winner and the LFC manager's job weighs too heavy on his shoulders.

I'd rather lose every week under a caretaker manager playing attractive football and having a go than watch that clueless rubbish.

Playing Lovren over Sakho is criminal. Rodgers should be hauled out to explain that one.

Aside of that, aren't you all sick to death of him bleating on about you all identifying with his philosophy of the direction forward and all that other BS he comes out with, whilst constantly promoting himself? He's an idiot that got lucky one season due to a magnificent set of forwards at the very top of their game and it had sweet fa to do with him.

Edited by carmine