Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

<P class=first>From theBBC :

New England Sports Ventures are set to complete their takeover of Liverpool after the club's co-owners removed the restraining order blocking any sale. Tom Hicks and George Gillett accepted defeat in their bid to prevent a sale to NESV but say they will pursue £1bn damages, arguing the deal is "illegal".

NESV, the board's choice as Liverpool's new owners, will hope to complete their £300m purchase of the club on Friday.

This means the Royal Bank of Scotland can be paid and administration avoided.

But Hicks and Gillett say they will "pursue every legal avenue" to claim damages for what they believe is an "extraordinary swindle".

The move allows major creditors RBS to be paid the £237m they are owed on Friday and Liverpool's holding company are unlikely now to be put into administration, a move which could have resulted in a nine-point penalty in the Premier League.

We still need to pull out of the footballing nosedive however.

Good bye to the scum.

Not quite done with them yet. Still the lawsuit to deal with, but as it isn't urgent like the latest court battle, I think it could drag on for months and months.

You are right there. However its a long way to go to January to get new players in. Can we get to 40 points ?

The two boys could'nt pay their debts, plain and simple.

The banks will always rule the world.

So how much do you think the new owners will spend on new players?

Your last owners spent 300 million quid 150 million net on new players under rafa,and just because rafa spent badly you turn on the owners not rafa.

Do you really trust hodgson to do a better job spending than rafa did?

Trying my hardest not to get carried away but can't help a sense of relief. After watching the interviews on LFCtv they all looked pretty shot. Mr.Henry didn't give too much away which imho that's the best thing to do. After speaking with a few of the American boys over here (not yanks) about JH they say you never hear about him unlike the Yankees owner.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6446807,00.html

In the above link theyre claiming its an organised conspiracy to get rid which whilst probably having a bit of truth in it they also must have known what was going to happen when agreeing to putting RBS's people on the board.

But they seem to miss the point that they were swindling the Liverpool fans by expecting them to buy them their football club.

Your last owners spent 300 million quid 150 million net on new players under rafa,and just because rafa spent badly you turn on the owners not rafa.

poor attempt at a wind-up nev because i don't really believe you're actually that thick.

poor attempt at a wind-up nev because i don't really believe you're actually that thick.

No wum mate that was what hicks said in a interview on SSN,and after that quote he said,you never hear about that in the media.

Must be some truth in it if your ex owner states it in a interview.

No wum mate that was what hicks said in a interview on SSN,and after that quote he said,you never hear about that in the media.

Must be some truth in it if your ex owner states it in a interview.

hicks has done nothing but lie flagrantly since he arrived at liverpool nev - why would he suddenly start telling the truth now?

the blame for the state of liverpool right now lies solely in the hands of hicks and gilett albeit secondarily with david moores and rick parry for selling to the frauds in the first place.

I think, depending on the interpretation of the banking covenants, even though RBS may have been able to sell the club from under the noses of the owners, IF RBS were acquiescent in the breach of those covenants for a long period, and only decided to call them in when there was a buyer they liked, and the board genuinely failed to seriously consider other commercial bids, there may be a pattern of behaviour to ground a claim of bad faith and conspiracy on the part of the bank and the board.

Think about it for a second. This new buyer has bought the club for a song, and certainly under-market value. It just doesn't seem right.

The court case might cost a couple of million, but given what they have already lost, it would be commercial madness for the former owners NOT to pursue it.

I didn't like them much, nor do I like the new guy, but then again I'm not a bitter, straw-clutching, desperate Red. :lol:

Second from the bottom on goal difference. it's many years since we have seen this. Not a fan, but sad to see.

Cheers, Rick

Not surprising considering the departures from the midfield recently in particular. I'll be amazed if Hodgson is still at the helm come January.

Liverpool have too many "journeymen" players in their side.The likes of Konchesky,Kyrgiakos,Maxi Rodriguez and Lucas.Maybe OK for the likes of Wolves and Wigan but how on earth did they end up at Anfield ?

Also Joe Cole....you can see why Chelsea wanted rid of him and he hasnt featured for England for a while.

Carragher.....great servant for the club but getting past his best now....but he was one of the few Liverpool players who was "up for it" against Everton.

Torres....ineffective World Cup and poor Premiership season so far.But at Liverpool he just does not get the service.He may want away in the January transfer window.

The new owners will also have to make a decision about Hodgson.I thought it was a flawed appointment for both him and the club.

Will the new owners give him time to turn things around ? What if they do and Liverpool are still in the bottom 3 come January ?

I dont think Liverpool will go down but could be a while before they are challenging for a Champions League place again.

And the Premiership is all the better for atmosphere and anticipation with a strong Liverpool challenging near the top.

This banner summed it up for me......."Built by Shanks,ruined by Yanks"...........too true !

The blue &lt;deleted&gt; had more fight in them, plain and simple.

Roy looked clueless.

Very worrying times.

I'll gloat on the Everton thread, but I would say Woy looked completely out of his depth. The New Yanks should have him managerially whacked, for sure.

more than deserved win, you were incredibly comfortable.

hodgson is inept, clueless, tactically incapable and his press conferences are now downright offensive. i want him out immediately before he does any more damage.

Seen at Liverpool john lennon Airpoer under the slogan 'Above us only sky'; some wag has wrote 'And below us only West Ham'.

& the beauty of that is we have Newcastle, Brum, WBA & Blackpool up next & not Blackburn, Chelsea etc....;)

If the results continue the way they have been, there is no chance Roy will still be at Anfield in January.

The new owners seem to like the word "winning".

Who is a possible replacement?

Will they have enough time to turn it around.

I know a few guys maybe thinking its only been 8 games, but to be 2nd from bottom is a joke.

There have been smaller clubs who have sacked there managers with similar results.

So out of curiosity then, if you all had you're way ( which seems to be Sacking Hodgson ), who is your choice to replace him ??

They want to bring rafa back he is up there with the likes of paisley and shankley you know.