Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Yes it is an aweful lot better than the current position agreed and from what i've seen of Poulsen, he's a sunday league player.

and roy is a sunday league manager. benitez had the majority of this squad of players in 08/09 playing a high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game which stifled teams and forced errors and created chances near to the opposing goal. torres and gerrard scored oodles. we beat real madrid 4-0 and won 4-1 at old trafford. roy has us sit back, invite opponents onto us, not press the ball, not look to retain possession and lump long balls towards torres as a target man with the result being he's playing like a man totally pissed off. hardly surprising really. it's fuc_king depressing.

Yes it is an aweful lot better than the current position agreed and from what i've seen of Poulsen, he's a sunday league player.

and roy is a sunday league manager. benitez had the majority of this squad of players in 08/09 playing a high tempo, high up the pitch pressing game which stifled teams and forced errors and created chances near to the opposing goal. torres and gerrard scored oodles. we beat real madrid 4-0 and won 4-1 at old trafford. roy has us sit back, invite opponents onto us, not press the ball, not look to retain possession and lump long balls towards torres as a target man with the result being he's playing like a man totally pissed off. hardly surprising really. it's fuc_king depressing.

I can understand that. So come on, who would you like in the frame who's not currently available?

Its shit to watch as well. I'm starting to see the point you have all been making. I'd sack him now and bring in .......who?

Still no one has any idea. Or how much cash the new board will be prepared to spend. Your team is a mess with any manager right now. No proper shape or balance there.

I'm not complaining though...:D

I can understand that. So come on, who would you like in the frame who's not currently available?

it depends on your philosophy really. some fans want an old hand to steady the ship but i think we need to be looking for the next big thing, the new mourinho or benitez as they were in 2004, young guys who show signs of rapid progression and single-mindedness. list at the minute would probably include likes of unai emery, jurgen klopp, andre villa boas, didier deschamps, quique sanchez flores, mauricio pochettino. i also like the look of owen coyle a lot.

it depends on your philosophy really. some fans want an old hand to steady the ship but i think we need to be looking for the next big thing, the new mourinho or benitez as they were in 2004, young guys who show signs of rapid progression and single-mindedness. list at the minute would probably include likes of unai emery, jurgen klopp, andre villa boas, didier deschamps, quique sanchez flores, mauricio pochettino. i also like the look of owen coyle a lot.

You amaze me. You don't want Harry!!

I think a young manager is the way forward and Liverpool is a big enough club to attract one of the top ones but the new owners have to do their bit and offer some money for the new manager to work with. Probably should happen sooner than later because the current situation shows little sign of improving.

Bolton might well turn Liverpool over. They're a really good side and gave us a hammering earlier in the season

Edited by carmine

Its shit to watch as well. I'm starting to see the point you have all been making. I'd sack him now and bring in .......who?

kenny. the club needs a short-term boost and dalglish would give that to the players and to the fans. the atmosphere at anfield at the minute is poisonous and then hodgson follows up home defeat to the team with the worst away record in the entire country with a criticism of the fans.

Still no one has any idea. Or how much cash the new board will be prepared to spend. Your team is a mess with any manager right now. No proper shape or balance there.

it's not that hard. drop konchesky and pick aurelio for christ's sake. stop playing meireles out wide on the right when he's been our best central midfielder this season. get away from that 4-4-2 crap and revert to the 4-2-3-1 formation which sees gerrard closer to torres and use kuyt and maxi in the 3 behind torres to tuck in and allow johnson and aurelio to get forward and attack. and most importantly of all, play the high-tempo pressing game which forces errors from opponents. we would be 500% better in a heartbeat just by making those basic changes. i believe it's known as 'playing to your strengths'.

there have been glimpses of a decent understanding between meireles and lucas this season. but then as soon as gerrard's available again hodgson shifts meireles out wide, where he has never played in his entire career. the man's a tit.

kenny. the club needs a short-term boost and dalglish would give that to the players and to the fans. the atmosphere at anfield at the minute is poisonous and then hodgson follows up home defeat to the team with the worst away record in the entire country with a criticism of the fans.

it's not that hard. drop konchesky and pick aurelio for christ's sake. stop playing meireles out wide on the right when he's been our best central midfielder this season. get away from that 4-4-2 crap and revert to the 4-2-3-1 formation which sees gerrard closer to torres and use kuyt and maxi in the 3 behind torres to tuck in and allow johnson and aurelio to get forward and attack. and most importantly of all, play the high-tempo pressing game which forces errors from opponents. we would be 500% better in a heartbeat just by making those basic changes. i believe it's known as 'playing to your strengths'.

Ok Stevie if you really must get rid of Red Roy,i think your tactics are worthy of a shot at managing them now and i am not being srcastic,your list of names is just that a list! I think a youngish fresh face like Coyle is better than the shock treatment of getting Dalglish there again.

Ultimately you need Benetez back(or a high class coach but there are not many available are there) and i have got a strong feeling it could happen.

You will beat United in the cup,i have this feeling that they will perform because it will be the only chance of success this season.

Ok Stevie if you really must get rid of Red Roy,i think your tactics are worthy of a shot at managing them now and i am not being srcastic,your list of names is just that a list! I think a youngish fresh face like Coyle is better than the shock treatment of getting Dalglish there again.

Ultimately you need Benetez back(or a high class coach but there are not many available are there) and i have got a strong feeling it could happen.

You will beat United in the cup,i have this feeling that they will perform because it will be the only chance of success this season.

kenny would be purely short-term to give us a boost this season, if we continue like this under hodgson we will be in a relegation scrap. kenny's not a long-term solution.

no way we're beating united in the cup. that could even be the 4 or 5 - nil whacking that finally forces the owners' hand.

here's interesting. reina's chalkboard against wolves:

Reina-comarpison-vs-Wolves-last-year.jpg

Tactics - clearly Night and Day that!

What do you reckon to Rennes winger Sylvian Marveaux sat in the Directors box to watchin them game last night? surly thats a new signing by Camoli...

Woy appears to have handed everyone the golden NOOSE they may shortly need.

From the Daily Telegraph:

Liverpool fans' backlash leaves manager Roy Hodgson twisting in the breeze

Roy Hodgson's grip on his position as Liverpool manager appears to be loosening after comments suggesting he had never enjoyed the full support of the fans prompted a furious backlash on Merseyside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8232437/Liverpool-fans-backlash-leaves-manager-Roy-Hodgson-twisting-in-the-breeze.html

Edited by sharecropper

Woy appears to have handed everyone the golden NOOSE they may shortly need.

From the Daily Telegraph:

Liverpool fans' backlash leaves manager Roy Hodgson twisting in the breeze

Roy Hodgson's grip on his position as Liverpool manager appears to be loosening after comments suggesting he had never enjoyed the full support of the fans prompted a furious backlash on Merseyside.

http://www.telegraph...the-breeze.html

yes. he was particularily stupid to say this, especially after that aweful display, even though what he said was blatently correct.

when the kives are out .......

theres little the bloke can do about it, he never had a chance, a quick scrol through this thread tels it all :(

Not had the chance or money to spend to shape a Liverpool team to his own vision.

Mind you he failed to form any rapport with the fans and could hardly be accused of showing great tactical nous. Had he won a few more games then maybe that would be enough.

But I doubt it with the scousers......its more than just winning for them it seems.....

theres little the bloke can do about it, he never had a chance, a quick scrol through this thread tels it all :(

Not had the chance or money to spend to shape a Liverpool team to his own vision.

Mind you he failed to form any rapport with the fans and could hardly be accused of showing great tactical nous. Had he won a few more games then maybe that would be enough.

But I doubt it with the scousers......its more than just winning for them it seems.....

ofcourse liverpools real problem ..... 50 miles east, chips and shoulders spring to mind....

ofcourse liverpools real problem ..... 50 miles east, chips and shoulders spring to mind....

You mean having won the CL more recently? :lol:

yes he has! his 'vision' is that of a small club like fulham, sitting back to invite teams onto them and then possibly, if we're lucky, maybe nicking something on the break. he signed konchesky and poulsen while loaning out aquilani. that is his 'vision'. not keeping possession of the football and turning arguably the world's best striker into a sunday league target man, that is his 'vision'.

the man is a small club manager, inexperienced at the top level and shown to be massively lacking having been appointed by the dangerous moron purslow.

hodgson would have been given more time by the fans had he not set about offending everyone since his appointment. telling the fans that protesting against hicks and gillett was 'a distraction', slagging off his own players and club legends like dalglish and benitez, publicly having a go at people like rijkaard who have won more in the game than hodgson could ever dream of and then finally slating the notoriously patient liverpool fans for not supporting him? the man is an idiot and contrary to the generally perceived view of him, is not even a likeable man. he's a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get and when he's finally sacked i will go out and get drunk for a week.

Edited by StevieH

^^^ 35 miles from greatness to be correct

Jealousy i think is what you are trying to say :D

Remember though we had to put up with it for many years before we became great again! :lol:

Happy New Year to all Liverpool Supporters the world over.

Edited by MrRed

yes he has! his 'vision' is that of a small club like fulham, sitting back to invite teams onto them and then possibly, if we're lucky, maybe nicking something on the break. he signed konchesky and poulsen while loaning out aquilani. that is his 'vision'. not keeping possession of the football and turning arguably the world's best striker into a sunday league target man, that is his 'vision'.

the man is a small club manager, inexperienced at the top level and shown to be massively lacking having been appointed by the dangerous moron purslow.

hodgson would have been given more time by the fans had he not set about offending everyone since his appointment. telling the fans that protesting against hicks and gillett was 'a distraction', slagging off his own players and club legends like dalglish and benitez, publicly having a go at people like rijkaard who have won more in the game than hodgson could ever dream of and then finally slating the notoriously patient liverpool fans for not supporting him? the man is an idiot and contrary to the generally perceived view of him, is not even a likeable man. he's a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get and when he's finally sacked i will go out and get drunk for a week.

i dont often get things right :D :D :D

orry to say Stevie....six months to shape a team? Surely you're joking? It took SAF five years to find any joy at all at Utd.

Not that I'd mention the two managers in the same breath of course.....:D

'shape' it into what though? he's so inexperienced at the top level of football that he's going with what he knows and trying to 'shape' liverpool into fulham! konchesky, poulsen and brad jones, he wants to sign robert huth and carlton cole in january - these are not the actions of a top class football manager. not to mention that at 63 years old he is neither going to improve nor learn anything new. he's done more damage to this club in six months than i thought humanly possible and if he is trusted with money to spend in january on more lower division dross then i'll have to question the sanity of john w henry and NESV.

that said, if we lose to bolton i think he'll have had his chips. he's totally lost the crowd with that latest outburst and i think the situation's untenable now so is just a matter of time.

orry to say Stevie....six months to shape a team? Surely you're joking? It took SAF five years to find any joy at all at Utd.

Not that I'd mention the two managers in the same breath of course.....:D

'shape' it into what though? he's so inexperienced at the top level of football that he's going with what he knows and trying to 'shape' liverpool into fulham! konchesky, poulsen and brad jones, he wants to sign robert huth and carlton cole in january - these are not the actions of a top class football manager. not to mention that at 63 years old he is neither going to improve nor learn anything new. he's done more damage to this club in six months than i thought humanly possible and if he is trusted with money to spend in january on more lower division dross then i'll have to question the sanity of john w henry and NESV.

that said, if we lose to bolton i think he'll have had his chips. he's totally lost the crowd with that latest outburst and i think the situation's untenable now so is just a matter of time.

I think you're right that he has to go. Guess it was a poor decision for him to go there in the first place. Maybe he should have stayed at Fulham....where Sparky will no doubt be getting the boot soon enough...the merrygoround of management eh? :D

i have to say smokie that i have been taken aback at how poorly he has managed the team. i also agree with someone, i think stevie, that he has played players stupidly out of position, but thats just the start of it. the style he is making them play is also wrong and aweful to watch. i won't go back on my view of the actions of so many of the supporters but thats just another issue in what has blatently been a mistake and a bad fit from the start.

i think the view of getting Dalglish to caretake and then take time to find a really good option is the way to go. I think a lot of football fans will be interested to see how long the fans give the new guy.

^^^ 35 miles from greatness to be correct

Jealousy i think is what you are trying to say :D

Remember though we had to put up with it for many years before we became great again! :lol:

Happy New Year to all Liverpool Supporters the world over.

more like 1 million miles from greatness at the mo :jap:

i have to say smokie that i have been taken aback at how poorly he has managed the team. i also agree with someone, i think stevie, that he has played players stupidly out of position, but thats just the start of it. the style he is making them play is also wrong and aweful to watch. i won't go back on my view of the actions of so many of the supporters but thats just another issue in what has blatently been a mistake and a bad fit from the start.

i think the view of getting Dalglish to caretake and then take time to find a really good option is the way to go. I think a lot of football fans will be interested to see how long the fans give the new guy.

guys come on!

its not just a cliche, teams arnt just built overnite.

the bloke needs time.

I remember watching utd after fergy took charge. He was that close to the boot. The veiw and comments from the terraces people forget. Fergy had phelan playing ( hes stil at the club !!) the fans could not see it, whats this leg iron doing in the side. There was a bigger picture, it took a little time and you see the result, and continue to see it.