Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

he's (Hodgson) a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get and when he's finally sacked i will go out and get drunk for a week.

Things have become really sad, Stevie, if this is a good enough reason to go get drunk for a week.

:)

hehe. wait till thatcher finally fuc_ks off and dies jim, it's a fortnight then.

You and me both mate. ;)

he's (Hodgson) a nasty, vindictive, spiteful old get and when he's finally sacked i will go out and get drunk for a week.

Things have become really sad, Stevie, if this is a good enough reason to go get drunk for a week.

:)

hehe. wait till thatcher finally fuc_ks off and dies jim, it's a fortnight then.

You and me both mate. ;)

I will join you . I hope when she does go its painful.

So who the hell is Rangnick and why is he even being mentioned? Ok so I read up on him and his pressing, aggressive tactics would suit the kind of football Liverpool supporters want to see, but frankly he's never managed outside of Germany and never won a first division title. Anyway, suspect it's just publicity to get his name out there, anyway.

Is it time for "King Kenny" to revitalise the team after last night's performance?

It is a bit like Newcastle and the King Kev effect a few years ago, and I'm not sure he can do much.

Liverpool will never go down, so why not keep Woy in place until the end of the season and do him then?

Is it time for "King Kenny" to revitalise the team after last night's performance?

It is a bit like Newcastle and the King Kev effect a few years ago, and I'm not sure he can do much.

Liverpool will never go down, so why not keep Woy in place until the end of the season and do him then?

Yes to answer your question.

What makes you think Liverpool can't go down if nobby stays in charge.

if hodgson remains in place then relegation is simply not out of the question. we don't have the players for a relegation scrap whereas other clubs do.

we lost at home to wolves last week, the team with the worst away record in all 4 divisions. last night we went to managerless blackburn, who have 10 first-team players out injured, and went 3-0 down. he's incompetent, incapable and has to be sacked very, very soon.

i'd like to think that we could be going to old trafford in the cup on sunday with dalglish in charge, if only for a sense of optimism and a smile at seeing a legend back in the dugout. if hodgson remains in charge i can see us getting a shellacking at united then losing away to blackpool and then in the derby. meaning we could be heading into  the back end of january in the bottom three. it's car crash stuff this, it's horrible.

Edited by StevieH

if hodgson remains in place then relegation is simply not out of the question. we don't have the players for a relegation scrap whereas other clubs do.<div><br></div><div>we lost at home <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">to wolves last week, </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">the team with the worst away record in all 4 divisions. </span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">last night we went to managerless blackburn, who have 10 first-team players out injured, and went 3-0 down. he's incompetent, incapable and has to be sacked very, very soon.</span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br></span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">i'd like to think that we could be going to old trafford in the cup on sunday with dalglish in charge, if only for a sense of optimism and a smile at seeing a legend back in the dugout. if hodgson remains in charge i can see us getting a shellacking at united then losing away to blackpool and then in the derby. meaning we could be heading into  the back end of january in the bottom three. it's car crash stuff this, it's horrible.</span></div><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br></span></div>

stevie, you got a sober version of this?

This from a sport journo on Twitter:

"BREAKING NEWS : Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson is to leave the club with immediate effect. More to follow."

No real surprise there and it should make the FA Cup match against United a lot more interesting.

"BREAKING NEWS : Liverpool FC manager Roy Hodgson is to leave the club with immediate effect. More to follow."

No real surprise there and it should make the FA Cup match against United a lot more interesting.

thank f*** for that, hopefully it will be kenny who gets the job, and if he does a decent enough job he should get to keep it.

thank f*** for that, hopefully it will be kenny who gets the job, and if he does a decent enough job he should get to keep it.

Stevie; you are buying tonight I guess?

I for one will wait and see. With all the fake celebrity death stories that spread all over the internet like wildfire this could merely be somebody being mischievous.

However, I am getting giddy if true.

Wish I could have a drink with you, StevieH, send me $5 by paypal and I'll have one on you, ha ha.

breaking news? club announcement at 3am in the UK? highly unlikely no? there's all sorts of guff flies about on twitter.

I for one will wait and see. With all the fake celebrity death stories that spread all over the internet like wildfire this could merely be somebody being mischievous.

Wish I could have a drink with you, StevieH, send me $5 by paypal and I'll have one on you, ha ha.

I agree what it is early morning in england has he resigned in his sleep?

haha. i have a strange feeling jim, just a hunch, that there could be a press conference today. don't know why now and not after the wolves match, just seems wrong that he's allowed to lead us into another humiliation at old trafford on the weekend. could end up doing a sickie from work tomorrow and getting monumentally lashed tonight.

breaking news? club announcement at 3am in the UK? highly unlikely no? there's all sorts of guff flies about on twitter.

Just had a quick look and as Stevie says nada.....:whistling:

Wait and see.

I guess I didn't really get it, longstebe, thought you were directly responding to me.

How reliable are thisisanfield and anfield online? Here's what they're saying in their twitter feeds.

http://twitter.com/thisisanfield

"We now have it from 3 separate "sources" that Roy Hodgson has been sacked as #LFC manager."

and

http://twitter.com/AnfieldOnline

"Strong indications from several sources that Roy Hodgson has been relieved of his duties as Liverpool FC manager."

This is from Paul Tomkins on Twitter:

"Hodgson's Premier League win % at Blackburn: 34%. At Fulham: 33%. At Liverpool: 35%. Consistent."

I like him because he deals in facts. If you look at the facts, Rafa was one of the best managers the club has ever had. If you look at this winning percentage, you will see. Last year was his worst at 47% but best was 66% in 2 seasons and average 55%, which puts him right up there with the best.

But let's not go on about Rafa ad nauseum, just found it interesting.

tomkins is alright. his editorials bang on a bit though.

here's a stat for you - kenny dalglish has won more major trophies as a manager than roy hodgson has won away matches in all his time managing english clubs.

This is from Paul Tomkins on Twitter:

"Hodgson's Premier League win % at Blackburn: 34%. At Fulham: 33%. At Liverpool: 35%. Consistent."

I like him because he deals in facts. If you look at the facts, Rafa was one of the best managers the club has ever had. If you look at this winning percentage, you will see. Last year was his worst at 47% but best was 66% in 2 seasons and average 55%, which puts him right up there with the best.

But let's not go on about Rafa ad nauseum, just found it interesting.

Classic last line. :D

Was he pulled from post press conference after only 2 mins?

Caughtoffside.com

Sorry no link this phone is &lt;deleted&gt;.

he wasn't pulled, he walked when asked about his job security. said 'i'm not here to talk about that.' ian cotton the press officer then stepped in and ended the conference.