Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think we often overlook how much money Footballers actually earn you know & i also think we, a lot of the time, try & think that their desire would/should be like a Fan's would be, when it quite clearly isn't.

If Ryan Babel quit Football & decided to be a Rapper tomorrow, he could & he'd never have to work in his life again anyway..

He wouldn't need to make money rapping, he's made his money already by doing nothing but sitting on a Bench on a fabulous Contract earnign a fortune..

He's done..

Signing for Hoffenheim and playing Football would, i guess be seen as a distraction for him after what you say Stevie but even thoguh he is done financially, he still has a 10 Year career left to earn even more money, by not doign a great deal..

it's almost like retiring, m. babel's been on sixty grand a week for going on four years now, hasn't improved as a footballer, shows no inclination to improve, and so he can play out the next six years of his career with hoffenheim or whoever while concentrating on developing his rap career on the side. like you say, he never has to really work again in his life anyway. it's depressing, he could have been a great player if he had any sort of drive and ambition.

If Ryan Babel quit Football & decided to be a Rapper tomorrow, he could & he'd never have to work in his life again anyway..

I think mate you underestimate the lifestyles these guys end up living, and carry on living, even after the pay packets dry up. You'd think the money they earn / have earned, would easily see them through to their twilight years, but the truth is it so rarely does. If Babel stopped working tomorrow, i'd give him 5 to 10 years before declaring bankruptcy.

I think mate you underestimate the lifestyles these guys end up living, and carry on living, even after the pay packets dry up. You'd think the money they earn / have earned, would easily see them through to their twilight years, but the truth is it so rarely does. If Babel stopped working tomorrow, i'd give him 5 to 10 years before declaring bankruptcy.

perhaps, but babel could conceivably have £6m in the bank already just earning money. anyone who doesn't buy a new flash car every month could live off the interest on that alone. as it is i think he'll be on a good salary at hoffenheim anyway as they have a monied backer.

perhaps, but babel could conceivably have £6m in the bank already just earning money. anyone who doesn't buy a new flash car every month could live off the interest on that alone. as it is i think he'll be on a good salary at hoffenheim anyway as they have a monied backer.

Not just flash cars for these guys to burn their money on - expensive hotels, yachts, second / third home, diamonds, bling, recording studios, personal assistants, other staff, holiday villa, horses, art collection, gambling.... and of course the big drain, ladies. wink.gif

Not just flash cars for these guys to burn their money on - expensive hotels, yachts, second / third home, diamonds, bling, recording studios, personal assistants, other staff, holiday villa, horses, art collection, gambling.... and of course the big drain, ladies. wink.gif

haha, go on then, name a footballer with a yacht. the rest i'll give you. ;)

haha, go on then, name a footballer with a yacht. the rest i'll give you. ;)

I do believe that your friend and mine, Ronaldo, has recently made a purchase. wink.gif

Would it surprise you? biggrin.gif

A man can't have too many pussy magnets, is what my grandfather always used to tell me, as my gran baked up some delectable muffins in the kitchen. A wise man.

A man can't have too many pussy magnets, is what my grandfather always used to tell me, as my gran baked up some delectable muffins in the kitchen. A wise man.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I am going to keep that quote, and in another 10yrs, pass it onto my son. :lol:

Sorry JD DID you mean your Grandson in 10 Years ..... :o

BT :jap:

A man can't have too many pussy jackndanny magnets, is what my grandfather always used to tell me, as my gran baked up some delectable muffins in the kitchen. A wise man.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I am going to keep that quote, and in another 10yrs, pass it onto my son. :lol:

biggrin.gif Made a slight correction for the benefit of jackndanny junior.

I would guess that there are going to be a lot Babel's to come. Given the wage bill and the quality of the team there must be quite a few 'decent players' who are being given the 'benefit of the doubt' when they have not been performing. I suspect there are going to be a few more 'losses' to cut. I think they need to be pretty harsh. From the Red Sox, we can guess that NESV do not mind paying for 'top talent' (in December they signed Carl Crawford on a 7 year US$142m contract) as well as investing heavily in 'top potential'.

I hope the Suarez deal happens but wasnt Babel supposed to go to Ajax as part of the deal.

who would you include in that batch of probably 'losses' to cut? i can only think of really players like konchesky, poulsen, the greek perhaps who we wouldn't at least break even on when selling them now / the summer. we'd get back what we paid for skrtel, kuyt etc.

i hope we land suarez but i have a nagging fear that he's being lined up as a successor to torres for the summer. ajax can't afford babel unless he's prepared to take about a 75% paycut. they're skint.

When I say 'losses' I do not mean from the price that was paid. I mean having players who are 'maybe' good enough in the squad on the basis they 'may' come right or simply accepting they are not good enough in the first place. So Poulson and Konchesky shouldnt really have been in the squad in the first place but if Liverpool are to get back to the top many 'tougher' decisions are going to have to be made.

As I look at things the squad is clearly nothing like as bad as its current position but it isnt good enough to not only be competitive against the existing top 5 but to be better than them. So I think it is more the case of saying who are the 'core' 10 guys in the squad that you want to keep and other places are up for grabs. Amongst that core, it is very important to have guys like Suso and Kelly with bags of future potential as well as Gerrard, Torres, Reina etc.

I think the likes of Skrtel, Kuyt, Jovanovich, Cole, Carragher, Soto, Darby are all question marks. For instance, Cole, has been playing badly but quite frankly if Liverpool is taking on Chelsea rejects then dont expect to be building a team as good as Chelsea. Liverpool, playing Blackpool, should be rather the equivalent of England playing the Faroe islands. Holloway's total wage bill is GBP10m. So why Liverpool needs to have maybes like Cole on their books at GBP5m a year is clearly questionable. It is tough to say lose Carragher when he has been such an 'asset' to the club and who is a player with Liverpool running through his veins but the whole squad definitely needs an overhaul.

I do admit though that Liverpool is at risk of losing the very players that it should most want to keep. Torres may already be half way out of the door but it would be especially disappointing to lose Reina. A lot is going to depend on how ambitious NESV are and we will not really know that, I guess, until the summer.

I think more importantly you lot should concentrate on staying up this season,Dalglish has already had 3 games without a win....if....if another 3 of the same what will be your angle then?

The bottom line is that defence is terrible and needs sorting out before any heady plans of buying attacking supershites.

When I say 'losses' I do not mean from the price that was paid. I mean having players who are 'maybe' good enough in the squad on the basis they 'may' come right or simply accepting they are not good enough in the first place. So Poulson and Konchesky shouldnt really have been in the squad in the first place but if Liverpool are to get back to the top many 'tougher' decisions are going to have to be made.

As I look at things the squad is clearly nothing like as bad as its current position but it isnt good enough to not only be competitive against the existing top 5 but to be better than them. So I think it is more the case of saying who are the 'core' 10 guys in the squad that you want to keep and other places are up for grabs. Amongst that core, it is very important to have guys like Suso and Kelly with bags of future potential as well as Gerrard, Torres, Reina etc.

I think the likes of Skrtel, Kuyt, Jovanovich, Cole, Carragher, Soto, Darby are all question marks. For instance, Cole, has been playing badly but quite frankly if Liverpool is taking on Chelsea rejects then dont expect to be building a team as good as Chelsea. Liverpool, playing Blackpool, should be rather the equivalent of England playing the Faroe islands. Holloway's total wage bill is GBP10m. So why Liverpool needs to have maybes like Cole on their books at GBP5m a year is clearly questionable. It is tough to say lose Carragher when he has been such an 'asset' to the club and who is a player with Liverpool running through his veins but the whole squad definitely needs an overhaul.

I do admit though that Liverpool is at risk of losing the very players that it should most want to keep. Torres may already be half way out of the door but it would be especially disappointing to lose Reina. A lot is going to depend on how ambitious NESV are and we will not really know that, I guess, until the summer.

pretty fair summary that man, i agree. i didn't want to sign cole in the summer and felt that it was just window dressing from purslow, while giving carragher a new long-term contract on massive money when he's clearly on a pretty steep downslope was ridiculous, however good a 'servant' he's been to the club.

i fear massively losing reina and torres in the summer. trouble is i wouldn't really blame them for leaving as they have finite careers and want to be successful. and they've both been lied to by the club for going on four years now.

I think more importantly you lot should concentrate on staying up this season,Dalglish has already had 3 games without a win....if....if another 3 of the same what will be your angle then?

The bottom line is that defence is terrible and needs sorting out before any heady plans of buying attacking supershites.

If you think there is a decent probability of Liverpool being relegated I believe there are decent odds - say 20:1.

The 'bottom line' is that the defense leaks 2 goals an away game and so must be terrible, the central field has lost Xabi and Mascherano so cant be that good and the attack is dependent on Torres so vulnerable to bad form or injury. So if you want to get back up to the top it really doesnt matter a hoot where you start.

Obviously if we were recruiting Suarez to avoid relegation we wouldnt actually be discussing things in the first place.

(I have no problem with you giving advice about how to avoid relegation given we are near the bottom of the table and you think it might be relevant.)

If you think there is a decent probability of Liverpool being relegated I believe there are decent odds - say 20:1.

The 'bottom line' is that the defense leaks 2 goals an away game and so must be terrible, the central field has lost Xabi and Mascherano so cant be that good and the attack is dependent on Torres so vulnerable to bad form or injury. So if you want to get back up to the top it really doesnt matter a hoot where you start.

Obviously if we were recruiting Suarez to avoid relegation we wouldnt actually be discussing things in the first place.

(I have no problem with you giving advice about how to avoid relegation given we are near the bottom of the table and you think it might be relevant.)

i think he was saying youre teams <deleted> , cutting a long story short :huh:

Not long left in the Transfer Window -

Hate them :angry:

4.5 M bid rejected by Blackpool for Charlie Adams - Apparently hes handing in a transfer request to join us! I think hes well worth a shot at 5-6 M - been crying out for a midfileder with a good range of passing since Alonso left. Not saying they are in the same class though... but hes been the heart of Blackpools good play! And he's impressed when they played us!

Other transfer gossip -

Suarez - would be a massive boost and a great partner or foil for Torres - statement of intent that one!

Warnock - in for loan to cover Left Back until the end fo the season? I am sure he would give all but had a up and down season - why not?

Ashley Young - would be the best buy in a long time - pace, width!

N'Zogbia - would be my first choice looks one the most exciting attacking players in the EPL at the moment.

NESV have publicly said they are backing LFC financially to buy players - such short time to do anything now surely?

i think we'll sign suarez and probably adam. babel's on his way. we might also get warnock in but i'm not in love with that.

not a lot of creativity in the side today. come on torres.

reina

kelly skrtel agger johnson

poulsen (argh)

kuyt lucas meireles maxi

torres

i think we'll sign suarez and probably adam. babel's on his way. we might also get warnock in but i'm not in love with that.

not a lot of creativity in the side today. come on torres.

reina

kelly skrtel agger johnson

poulsen (argh)

kuyt lucas meireles maxi

torres

I would well happy with the Suarez and Adams deals!

Hey what a different side we look! now that's how to play away!

Awful playing surfaced mind... clean sheet for the lads too.

Made up, feels great to watch LFC again!

I almost put £100 on an outside chance for you guys to get relegated earlier today. Now glad I thought better of the idea. Scratchy first half but easy control by Liverpool in the second. Only Bolton had put 3 past Wolves at home so good result

Edited by SantiSuk

I almost put £100 on an outside chance for you guys to get relegated earlier today. Now glad I thought better of the idea. Scratchy first half but easy control by Liverpool in the second. Only Bolton had put 3 past Wolves at home so good result

almost ---arsenal ,,,,,,, nuff said

Its always a good three points away to Wolves but on a footballing perspective you lot are very easily pleased. The quality of the first half was absolutely dreadful and unworthy of an admission fee. It is though plain to see that Dalglish has significantly raised the spirit of the team and them seem to be enjoying the support of the fans seem to want the team to win now too so onwards and upwards. :)

Edited by carmine

How many passes was that for the last goal?

Happy days.

thirty apparently. lovely stuff, the change in mentality and morale that dalglish and steve clarke have brought in is brilliant. look at the difference in torres alone for example, never stopped working yesterday and really looked like he was enjoying himself. some strike by meireles as well.

almost ---arsenal ,,,,,,, nuff said

He he. Nice dig

Happy days.

thirty apparently. lovely stuff, the change in mentality and morale that dalglish and steve clarke have brought in is brilliant. look at the difference in torres alone for example, never stopped working yesterday and really looked like he was enjoying himself. some strike by meireles as well.

Thought ya might wanna know Stevie, it was 31 passes.

Just to enjoy it that little bit more.

Happy days.

Keep trying - you might make into Arsenal's class. Mind you the Gunners take it to a ridiculous extreme as we all know. I have this nightmare where they fashion the perfect 30 pass goal but Walcott backheels it off the line between the sticks so that his mate Fabregas can score and Fab blasts it over the bar. :rolleyes:

Happy days.

Is this down to whether the bum roll off Kuyt counts as a pass or not??

Kuyt loving total football

http://www.lfconline...042/index.shtml

Dirk Kuyt is enjoying Liverpool's new style of football.

The Reds have ditched the long ball game so beloved of Roy Hodgson and returned to pass and move under Kenny Dalglish. Kuyt believes the new attacking style is similar to Holland's famous 'total football.'

"It comes close to the Dutch style. ­Playing with early pressure on the opponents and a passing game with the ball low on the ground. Not all those long balls anymore," said the Dutch international.

"Dalglish and [steve] Clarke have this ­vision. If you have Torres and Gerrard in the team, we will be stronger against 80 per cent of the ­opponents when we put the ­pressure on them in their own half.

"The combination of ­Dalglish and Clarke is a ­really good one. Clarke has come in from outside the club.

"He has the same role as he had earlier with Mourinho at Chelsea. Under Clarke we now do totally different training sessions. We do a lot of positional play in small spaces.

"And while Clarke is ­doing sessions with us, Dalglish will talk all the stress away from the players.

"He is a living legend here. He has the charisma, the experience and the ­confidence to create peace. He also has a fabulous ­connection with the fans. They love him here.

"I could not believe it the first time he went out on the pitch against Everton, 11 years since he last coached a team.

"The noise at Anfield was incredible. With Dalglish the atmosphere at the club is changing."

end

- Yep Interesting and good to hear from one of the players! The true test is if we can now get a string of results.

Edited by Devil