Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Sorry but can not agree that Charlie was "<deleted>" before Blackpool as he was Brilliant at St Mirren when on loan. Maybe those around him at Ibrox were "<deleted>" :D

BT :jap:

I just can't believe a jock is any good at football.........thought they stopped playing years ago.

Funny that carmine as I believe the last time our two nations met on the pitch was at Wembley....when we beat you. :D

Did you Smokes ??

Did you enjoy the Tournament that we had the 2 Games against each other to decide who get there, where the aggregate score combined in both Games meant THAT Country actually WON ?? :rolleyes:

Easily please the Sweaty's, i'll give them that..

Edited by MSingh

Sorry but can not agree that Charlie was "<deleted>" before Blackpool as he was Brilliant at St Mirren when on loan. Maybe those around him at Ibrox were "<deleted>" :D

I just can't believe a jock is any good at football.........thought they stopped playing years ago.

Funny that carmine as I believe the last time our two nations met on the pitch was at Wembley....when we beat you. :D

Did you Smokes ??

Did you enjoy the Tournament that we had the 2 Games against each other, where the aggregate score combined in both Games meant THAT Country actually WON ?? :rolleyes:

Easily please the Sweaty's, i'll give them that..

I loved the second half...we hit the post...the bar...and your lot were looking clueless and shit scared. Forget the agg score.....that was enough for me. :)

Babel is a done deal. Seems the Blackpool lad is going to Anfield...bear in mind he was <deleted> at Ibrox though.

Sweeping statement "I just can't believe a jock is any good at football." When you consider how many Scottish Managers there are in the EPL...

How many tims has an English manager won the EPL ???? ANSWER - NONE..

How many times has a Scotish Manager won the EPL ???? ANSWER - TWELVE

What is the Nationality of King KENNY - YOUR SAVIOR AT PRESENT ???

Case closed I think :jap:

BT :D

King KENNY is carmine's saviour?! ohmy.gif

Who knew...

Who knew...

Sorry Rix your right I should have said Liverpools Saviour at present :jap:

Sweeping statement "I just can't believe a jock is any good at football." When you consider how many Scottish Managers there are in the EPL...

talking of sweeping statements, are you only counting league wins since the sky era? not that i've much love for modern-day english managers but ignoring pre-1992 does something of a disservice to people like bob paisley, brian clough, bill nicholson, don revie, alf ramsey etc.

talking of sweeping statements, are you only counting league wins since the sky era? not that i've much love for modern-day english managers but ignoring pre-1992 does something of a disservice to people like bob paisley, brian clough, bill nicholson, don revie, alf ramsey etc.

I know as a Liverpool fan you always want to live in the past when you won more than a few trophys But I was only making a Point re the EPL relative to Scots Managers and Scots knowing someting about football in reply to

carmine post :jap:

I know as a Liverpool fan you always want to live in the past when you won more than a few trophys But I was only making a Point re the EPL relative to Scots Managers and Scots knowing someting about football in reply to

oh that's fair enough like. paisley, clough, bill nick, revie, ramsey vs bill shankly, mister ferguson, matt busby, jock stein?

do i hate the january transfer window james? wasn't aware that i did particularly. . .

Pretty sure if I go back a year or so I will find such a post to the effect. ;)

be my guest. i don't remember having any great feelings about it one way or the other, aside from it getting abused by super-rich clubs. it's also harsh on clubs like blackpool who are probably set to lose their best player at a crucial stage of the season, but that's just football isn't it?

Babel is a done deal. Seems the Blackpool lad is going to Anfield...bear in mind he was <deleted> at Ibrox though.

Erhm Mr BT, you are confusing managing and playing. King Kenny was playing for Liverpool when the Scots still played the game. ;)

Who knew...

:lol: That one made me read it twice aswell mate. Mindyou i'll freely admit Kenny Dalglish is one of the finest players i've ever seen play the game..

Whilst Bt seems to be going into one about nothing ill throw in the name of Bill Nich. A truely great manager, way ahead of his time.

Why are you getting so hung up about this BT. :rolleyes: The sweatys are crap at rugby and cricket aswell but who cares. The important thing is enjoy the sunshine. :)

Why are you getting so hung up about this BT. :rolleyes: The sweatys are crap at rugby and cricket aswell but who cares. The important thing is enjoy the sunshine. :)

Just before I tell you to bugger off carmine let me take the opportunity to wish Andy Murray well in Oz today.....another great Scottish victory on the cards....:)

Please stay on topic will you smokie, :D

OK then I hope Charlie Adam stays at Blackpool and helps them into sixth spot. ;)

Charlie Adam will go to Liverpool. Its just a matter of paperwork and dotting the "i's."

I think you'll find Liverpool's valuation for both Adam and Suarez is way short of expectation. Maybe their owners are having a bit of bother with currency conversion eh? :o

Looks like Chelsea are really gunning for Torres. Can't see it myself. Just don't think going there would be that attractive a proposition for the lad, and having been loyal for so long, think it'll take something more than Chelsea can offer right now, to prise him away.

If he goes to another English club, i would of thought City stand the best chance - they can pay something silly and they can offer him an exciting project that is on the up.

Having said that, best bet if he does move i reckon is back to Spain.

Do you guys expect him to stay?

Looks like Chelsea are really gunning for Torres. Can't see it myself. Just don't think going there would be that attractive a proposition for the lad, and having been loyal for so long, think it'll take something more than Chelsea can offer right now, to prise him away.

If he goes to another English club, i would of thought City stand the best chance - they can pay something silly and they can offer him an exciting project that is on the up.

Having said that, best bet if he does move i reckon is back to Spain.

Do you guys expect him to stay?

i think it's the next big challenge for NESV rix, make the signings that torres wanted us to make to kick on under G&H. if we sign a few good players and improve the squad enough that we're set to break back into the top four next season then i think he'll stay.

flip side is that there are so few clubs who could actually afford him. can't see him playing for chelsea as he's not an arsehol_e, united's out of the question and city i just don't see it. barcelona don't need him or have room for him and he'd never play for real madrid. inter or milan maybe? don't think they could afford him either really.

can't see him playing for chelsea as he's not an arsehol_e,

biggrin.gif

barcelona don't need him or have room for him

Yes but teams like that tend to have a lot of players they don't necessarily need. And besides, on form there is no better out and out striker in the world - so how could Barcelona not need a player like that?

and he'd never play for real madrid.

You know a lot more about the player than i do, but is it not at all possible that having been away from home for so long now, that he might be able to put personal feelings to one side for the sake of his career? I mean, if he wouldn't i think that's great - it's just we've all seen even the seemingly most devoted players finally switch to their rivals to know that it can and does happen.

As far as Italy is concerned, i don't know, there's just something that doesn't seem to fit about him playing over there. Don't get me wrong, i'm sure he would do well, i'm not so sure he would enjoy his football. Just a gut feeling.

honestly rix, he's an atleti lad through and through, it'd be like gary neville playing for liverpool. never going to happen that, his family would disown him.

i actually thought barca would come in for him in the summer but they bought villa, pedrito progressed into a first team player and bojan has come on too. i also think that he'd not fit in there in the same way that zlatan didn't - torres is all pace, directness and power, he's not a tiki-taka player.

i sincerely hope he stays with us and that NESV do what's needed to convince him to stay - but there's only so long a player who has won no club trophies in his career yet will remain at a place without champions league football. i could understand if he did want to move in the summer and wouldn't hold it against him.

Supposedly Suarez wants to play with Torres, so maybe he is on his way to Chelsea.... quite frankly I find the whole transfer window rather tiresome.

it's a chance for the various media outlets to go mental for a month. really there's usually very little happens. darren bent moving for £24m is an unusual one in recent times.

Supposedly Suarez wants to play with Torres, so maybe he is on his way to Chelsea.... quite frankly I find the whole transfer window rather tiresome.

it's a chance for the various media outlets to go mental for a month. really there's usually very little happens. darren bent moving for £24m is an unusual one in recent times.

Apparently the bookies are making Torres odds on that he will be at the Bridge, either in January or will be in the summer! :D