Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Any thoughts guys?

yes. play lebron up front and some of carragher's aimless punts might actually pay dividends.

To be honest I thought he was a back up in case Reina left in the summer.

Your Friends Abrak, they've returned, this is excellent news for the entire Football Forum..:D

Edited by MSingh

You would be right if he hadn't used the word " quality " when he said " There was a huge, multi-year payroll for a squad with very little quality in depth.".

But to be aware of the quality of the depth of the Squad you need knowledge of Football, not necessarily statistics..;)

To be honest a team that has beaten both Chelsea and MAnU over the last two months would be deemed as having some 'quality'. No knowledge required.

Would a team that has been beaten by West Brom and Blackpool and drawn at home with Wigan over the same priod be deemed as having some 'quality'?

You would be right if he hadn't used the word " quality " when he said " There was a huge, multi-year payroll for a squad with very little quality in depth.".

But to be aware of the quality of the depth of the Squad you need knowledge of Football, not necessarily statistics..;)

To be honest a team that has beaten both Chelsea and MAnU over the last two months would be deemed as having some 'quality'. No knowledge required.

Would a team that has been beaten by West Brom and Blackpool and drawn at home with Wigan over the same priod be deemed as having some 'quality'?

I tried that one, he just said that he thoughtt the comments were based on the Man United & Chelsea Games as the Teams you/we mentioned, are actually sh*t, so he ( Henry ) couldn't have been basing the comments on them....:D

I go out to restaurants 6 nights a week out of 7 but this does not mean I know restaurants. In fact if I decided to buy a restaurant based on my knowledge I think I would be pretty stupid.

Maybe you would be stupid to buy purely on that knowledge alone but you would at least be informed. And you could at least use the information you have gleaned from your 6 nights out per week to help make an informed decision I.E. you could see whether the Restaurant was already busy and was in a good catchment area etc. etc. This and going over the books would certainly help you decide if it was at least a "goer", a potential "goer" or a total waste of time and money.

'Knowledge' is about knowing things that others dont in a business sense.

Then you have read a totally different Dictionary than I. Because that is nowhere near the definition of "knowledge" not in any sense, never mind business sense.

Your Friends Abrak, they've returned, this is excellent news for the entire Football Forum..:D

To be honest most lfc supporters gave up a few weeks ago. We know we are pretty much destined for 6th and we are patiently waiting the end of the season so we can see how things work out in the summer.

A long wait.... like watching paint dry.... or Torres to score a goal.....

To be honest most lfc supporters gave up a few weeks ago. We know we are pretty much destined for 6th and we are patiently waiting the end of the season so we can see how things work out in the summer.

What's your views on Lebron then Abrak as you'd be the most informed i'd guess ??

& you Stevie ??

I won't ask Dev as he'll just think it's " WOW " & will be all starry eyed..

With regards to Lebron, what can he bring to LFC ??

What can a current NBA Superstar of 26 Years old give to LFC to make them better ??

Answer = Nothing

His Branding & Marketing Company is Partnering the Owners of Liverpool's Marekting Company & will market James in Asia, that's it..

He's been sweetend up to do so with a small % of LFC, you don't see them giving away a small piece of the Red Sox, that are FSG's Golden Ticket, do you ??

Lebron James Goal in Life is to be a Billionaire & he thinks China will do that for him, hence this deal happening..

LFC are only a small part in all this & have just been used as a sweetener in order to broker it.

How sad, seriously..

And before you guys start going on about 'how I dont know football' and 'football knowledge'. Just wake up and smell the roses.

The top 6 positions are held by the top 6 clubs who pay the most wages. It is as simple as that. You can talk about teams not 'gelling' or about formations, youth programs whatever the hell you like but it is not reality.

It is particularly sad when people who actually have knowledge of the game claim Mansour and Abromavich as 'knowledgable owners' to support their case. In case you hadnt noticed they simply had shed loads of money. If you wish to claim them as 'knowledgable' I just hope you realize how far you have sunk the bar.

No disrespect but i personally never said that Mansour or Abramavich have knowledge of the Game as i have no idea if they have or haven't, the only reason i know your Fella hasn't is because he said it previously..

& i wouldn't for a moment say you didn't know Football because i have seen in some of your Posts that you do & also, i'm actually enjoying your Posts lately as they are very different & well thought out even if i don't necessarily agree with them all the time, which is a welcome change from the tripe i normally read, in the T*ttingham Thread for example..:D

Of which you are the main contibutor. ;):D

My view on football club owners is pretty simple. They are good for one thing - money (and preferably lots of it). If you provide money then you can be Russian Mafia or an Arab despot and you are a 'good' owner. If you try and actually take money out of your investment you are a bastard.

As to the LeBron deal, I see it as a sign of things to come at Liverpool. You see our owners are on the same massive ego trip as Mansour or Abromavich. They do seriously want to win. Unfortunately they dont have unlimited funds. However, as Americans and business people, they will reckon with the fact that if they end up with 51% of LFC and LFC is about the top club in the country then they will be doing very well.

What that means is that they effectively have 49% of the club as leverage (equity as opposed to debt.) So for instance, building a new ground is (expensive and incredibly boring) so why not sell a 20% equity stake (of new shares) to Coca Cola who then finance the build?

LeBron James is simply an extension of this concept. A 3% minority stake costs FSG nothing (they are not planning to take dividends out of LFC). By definition it must add value. Value being defined as Standard Chartered paying 20m a year for their name on a LFC shirt. LeBron James wearing an LFC shirt for free must be worth something.

The moral high ground on club ownership was lost several years ago.

The thing you guys dont get is that we are not playing sport we are playing Monopoly.

5 of the top 6 teams have wage bills larger than the entire revenues of any of the other 14 teams in the league. So you can claim its a 'beautiful game' and that Abromavich and Mansour have 'knowledge' of soccer etc but it is all <deleted>. Abromavich is a mafia crook from Russia who is simply trying to gain respectability through his ownership. Thaksin Shinawatra was the same. Mansour is nothing but an Arab despot. Give them your respect for their knowledge of the game, the way they have taken their teams to the top by all means but all they have done is spunked a lot of money at the game. If you happen to 'respect' Abromavich for what he has achieved at Chelsea, his knowledge of football etc... you are simply delusional.

I sort of have this idea in my mind that Singh supports a club like Burnley who play 'real' football with 'real' owners and respect the 'beautiful game'. And they discuss 'yoof' programs and how Patheco will be the next great thing. That is fine. But at the top, there is no holds barred. I place my money on the hedge fund manager.

most important figure at any club for me remains the manager.

And to me also Stevie. But my point was, he alone cannot make a club successful. He is just one ingredient. That was my only point.

think we agree mate, though i'd definitely say that a manager by himself can make a club exponentially more successful than it perhaps should be simply by knowing his football. an owner only ever makes a club more successful through the size of his wallet.

What's your views on Lebron then Abrak as you'd be the most informed i'd guess ??

& you Stevie ??

I won't ask Dev as he'll just think it's " WOW " & will be all starry eyed..

With regards to Lebron, what can he bring to LFC ??

What can a current NBA Superstar of 26 Years old give to LFC to make them better ??

Answer = Nothing

His Branding & Marketing Company is Partnering the Owners of Liverpool's Marekting Company & will market James in Asia, that's it..

He's been sweetend up to do so with a small % of LFC, you don't see them giving away a small piece of the Red Sox, that are FSG's Golden Ticket, do you ??

Lebron James Goal in Life is to be a Billionaire & he thinks China will do that for him, hence this deal happening..

LFC are only a small part in all this & have just been used as a sweetener in order to broker it.

How sad, seriously..

Marketing its all about the Marketing and this is part of the new Sports Marketing Culture we are seeing - you just have to watch some of the latest sports commercials - cross selling different sports and stars to ultimately sell a brand! You must of seen the new 'Addidas all in' with Messi and NBA stars mixing it? NBA has massive global reach outside of the states also.

- Next... LFC will really try to push their global branding something we missed out on for years under Parry and Co.

So first stop is the Asian Tour in July and with China being the biggest target - Chinese kid follows NBA buys LFC Shirt etc. So one would of thought LFC might just get somthing out of it i.e a even bigger world wide fan base that should of been done years ago ;)

Marketing its all about the Marketing and this is part of the new Sports Marketing Culture we are seeing - you just have to watch some of the latest sports commercials - cross selling different sports and stars to ultimately sell a brand! You must of seen the new 'Addidas all in' with Messi and NBA stars mixing it? NBA has massive global reach outside of the states also.

- Next... LFC will really try to push their global branding something we missed out on for years under Parry and Co.

So first stop is the Asian Tour in July and with China being the biggest target - Chinese kid follows NBA buys LFC Shirt etc. So one would of thought LFC might just get somthing out of it i.e a even bigger world wide fan base that should of been done years ago ;)

I understand Marketing completely Dev even at this level, i do however find that insulting that you tried to convince me particulary using that Mr Dev...:D

I understand Marketing completely Dev even at this level, i do however find that insulting that you tried to convince me particulary using that Mr Dev...:D

Tried to convince you? nah for what you know all right Singh <_<

Again in English please ^^ ??

Oh come on Singh, you know exactly what that means! 'Why try to convince some one who thinks they know it all in the first place'

And I only say that because that is exactly how you seem to come across on here of late and unfortunately a totally different person to who I know in the real world when I have spoken to you :)

Lighten up please, and at least try to have some respect for other posters or at least myself even if you disagree with my opinions. Its used to be fun with you 'a bit of banter and all that'. Just remember there just my football opinions and mostly about the club I love and nothing more.

I know you get bored on the Spurs thread at times. I mean you have been stalking them now near on 4+ years...I get that though I do. The Spurs threads is clearly an obsession for you with them being your larger and more successful neighbours its like the bitter Toffee's that sometimes make an appearance on our thread :D

Oh come on Singh, you know exactly what that means! 'Why try to convince some one who thinks they know it all in the first place'

And I only say that because that is exactly how you seem to come across on here of late and unfortunately a totally different person to who I know in the real world when I have spoken to you :)

Lighten up please, and at least try to have some respect for other posters or at least myself even if you disagree with my opinions. Its used to be fun with you 'a bit of banter and all that'. Just remember there just my football opinions and mostly about the club I love and nothing more.

I know you get bored on the Spurs thread at times. I mean you have been stalking them now near on 4+ years...I get that though I do. The Spurs threads is clearly an obsession for you with them being your larger and more successful neighbours its like the bitter Toffee's that sometimes make an appearance on our thread :D

I might be over reaching here Dev, but are you trying to say that we are a big club? :D

He'll be nicking our underwear next :D .

Red you will upset Sing again with your honest opinion / assessment. :jap:

Watch or he will Stalk you too :ph34r:

BT :D

Remember, honesty is all you'll get from the keyboard of singher..................and some ramblings ofcourse. :o

This thread is about as exciting as watching you lot play football......great! :lol:

Dalglish?

not a hope in hell

Dalglish has done a decent job so far but....if a change of manager is wanted then David Moyes would be an interesting choice for me. :D

This thread is about as exciting as watching you lot play football......great! :lol:

Dalglish?

not a hope in hell

Dalglish has done a decent job so far but....if a change of manager is wanted then David Moyes would be an interesting choice for me. :D

Do you really think he's done a great job? He's a true legend of the game and i'd like to think he will be for the most part immune to the abuse of unhappy fans. But what reasons would you have to think there is any significant improvement. Suarez, sure, he's like a breath of fresh air, but improvement as a team?

The sooner his position is made permanent or they get someone else the better. Then they can move on to the next season.

Dalglish?

not a hope in hell

Do you really think he's done a great job? He's a true legend of the game and i'd like to think he will be for the most part immune to the abuse of unhappy fans. But what reasons would you have to think there is any significant improvement. Suarez, sure, he's like a breath of fresh air, but improvement as a team?

The sooner his position is made permanent or they get someone else the better. Then they can move on to the next season.

Did Singher sneeze all over yer moo deng carmine? :D

Dalglish?

not a hope in hell

Did Singher sneeze all over yer moo deng carmine? :D

I just think the point in question is whether or not the fans would be so patient if the manager was'nt "King Kenny." I certainly don't think they would be at all happy do you? It won't change until theres a full time appointment and a long term strategy in place which. Is Kenny the right man for a longtem strategy? I'm Interested to hear what the guys on here think about this.

Edited by carmine