Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

just love the way we are playing under Kenny.

reckon you're going to enjoy sunday then. 3-year deal.

apparently we've landed gary cahill as well.

Brilliant news Stevie !

Thanks

Please please beat us this week, as we don't want that Europa place :lol::D .

Was hoping to get some feedback from this comment ;) so i will ask the question, do you not feel that being in the Europa Cup will be dertrimental to your league position next year ? ( i did put this to notion to abrak but there was no reply so i take it that there was no stats on this subject to enable him to give an answer ) :o:D

Was hoping to get some feedback from this comment ;) so i will ask the question, do you not feel that being in the Europa Cup will be dertrimental to your league position next year ? ( i did put this to notion to abrak but there was no reply so i take it that there was no stats on this subject to enable him to give an answer ) :o:D

think it was gone over earlier in the thread alfie. i'm torn about this as i have some great memories of the uefa cup and european football is fun. but playing on a thursday means league games on a sunday which is definitely detrimental to league performance IMO. in a way i'd like us to be in it but use it as a tournament for blooding the kids in. flanagan, robinson, kelly, wilson, shelvey, pacheco, spearing etc. would be great experience for them. but the sunday league games is a problem.

It certainly won't help, and will obviously increase the number of injury. Carroll would get an injury opening a can of beans. However i suppose theres the extra revenue and they will also get to give squad players a run out. Other than that its a waste of time tournament imho.

It certainly won't help, and will obviously increase the number of injury. Carroll would get an injury opening a can of beans. However i suppose theres the extra revenue and they will also get to give squad players a run out. Other than that its a waste of time tournament imho.

Carroll has a get out clause in his contract if they're not in the UEFA Cup. Apparently he needs Saturdays to recover from his 2 for 1 Friday nights out at Yates Wine Lodge.

I wonder what's so bad about playing on Sunday compared to Saturday? Is it the one day less of recovery time? What is it?

I don't see the problem, there. The problem I see is having to play on Thursday and then can only have 3 days of rest before the Sunday match. Whereas if Champions League sometimes it's Tuesday and sometimes it's Wednesday so you can get 4 days of rest at least half the time.

I think if we invest more this summer we could still do well in the league and also progress in the Europa League, with some added quality depth.

I agree, though, would be great to see more of the younger players get a chance in Europa League if we get it. Could be a detriment just due to the added games, of course.

Can't see us losing against Spurs so I think we'll be there. Even two draws in the last 2 matches would do it considering the crazy goal difference we've created the last few matches. Incredible!

With the way we're playing, who says we can't challenge for the league title next season? But, honestly, I think there would be more pressure on the lads if we were challenging for the title. But the way Kenny seems to get them focused on one game at a time, you never know. I think we are all just in dreamland with the form and the performance of the squad even with key players out, that's what's most amazing to me. We have several key injuries, still. Gerrard, Agger, Aurelio, Carroll, Kelly, etc.

I agree with StevieH in that I never thought Spearing would get to this level, absolutely amazing, isn't it? I could still see us getting one or even two more central midfielders this summer, though, but I think he's earned his place in the squad for next season, these last 2 months.

I follow this group on Facebook and yes, they may be full of it but just going to repeat what I've heard. A lot of rumors we will go for a top player from La Liga and they are saying it's Aguero. Then there's the rumors about Mata.

Also, have we really signed Marveaux or was that just a rumor? Of course about 50 players will be connected with us before the summer transfer season ends so have to take all of this with a grain of salt.

Also for leftback it seems possibly Enrique or Clichy? And G. Cahill coming, too? Then there's Adam who it seems we may still want.

Interesting times...

Feeling great and optimistic for the future. Hope to see a league title in at least one of these three years under Kenny's new contract. What do think are the odds of us landing it, lads? I think quite good, but league titles aren't won on the good form of a couple of months.

I wonder what's so bad about playing on Sunday compared to Saturday? Is it the one day less of recovery time? What is it?

I don't see the problem, there. The problem I see is having to play on Thursday and then can only have 3 days of rest before the Sunday match. Whereas if Champions League sometimes it's Tuesday and sometimes it's Wednesday so you can get 4 days of rest at least half the time.

it isn't about recovery time so much as always playing catchup on other teams who play on the saturday jim. it's like the old points in the bag / games in hand thing.

Carroll has a get out clause in his contract if they're not in the UEFA Cup. Apparently he needs Saturdays to recover from his 2 for 1 Friday nights out at Yates Wine Lodge.

do you mind? hope street hotel bar and garlands thank you very much. lad has some standards at least. yates's. sheesh.

it isn't about recovery time so much as always playing catchup on other teams who play on the saturday jim. it's like the old points in the bag / games in hand thing.

So we are talking about a psychological thing? Yes, games in hand are only good if you win them, right?

So we are talking about a psychological thing? Yes, games in hand are only good if you win them, right?

i think so yeah, and players have commented on it in the past too. if united, chelsea etc play on a tuesday or a wednesday and then get their league game on a saturday at whatever time and win they're always at least three points ahead of you etc, so there's perhaps added pressure to win your sunday game to keep up.

Its a really difficult one this becausewhat with the improvements made and with the potential new signings you have a very realistic chance of winning the europa and that will also mean a pot load of cash.

you don't get that much for winning the uefa cup do you? not in comparison with champions league tv money etc. our focus next season has to be on getting back into the top four and depending on what signings we and others make this summer, actually having a genuine bash at the title.

you don't get that much for winning the uefa cup do you? not in comparison with champions league tv money etc. our focus next season has to be on getting back into the top four and depending on what signings we and others make this summer, actually having a genuine bash at the title.

It is relatively small. Fulham got all the way to the final last year and received 8m quid in total (prize money and TV pool). A decent showing in the CL until the say the last 8 is worth about 30m quid.

seems like reina is staying as well.

Pepe Reina has revealed how he is relishing the prospect of being a part of a bright future at Liverpool Football Club under the management of Kenny Dalglish.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reina-i-can-t-wait-for-11-12

The Spanish custodian was left delighted by the news that Dalglish had signed a three-year contract to remain as Reds boss on a permanent basis.

Reina is convinced the club are heading in the right direction with the Scot at the helm - and he's determined to assist in bringing major honours back to Anfield over the coming years.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I am looking forward to next season. We have had excellent news on Kenny's contract, Steve Clarke's and all of the technical staff. We are heading in the right direction and we are optimistic.

"I have always said (I am looking forward to next season). Of course there was a bit of doubt back in December and January because we were not even close to where we are now.

"I think by making the right steps and taking them, we can all see the difference between now and then. That's why we are now optimistic about the future and are looking forward."

News of Dalglish's deal broke shortly before 1.30pm on Thursday afternoon.

Reina revealed he found out by watching television, but was left overjoyed upon hearing details of how the 60-year-old will remain at Anfield until 2014.

Reina added: "I was having treatment and I saw it on the TV! But I am really happy and the rest of the lads are too.

"We all have smiles on our faces now and hopefully it will be for long. Of course, we have to be calm because we know how hard it is to compete with the big teams out there.

"Fifth position is not the one that belongs to Liverpool - we aim higher and hopefully next season we can finish higher."

While confident of an exciting future for Liverpool, Reina's short-term aim will be overcoming Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield on Sunday and securing European qualification for 2011-12.

"We are all looking forward to next season, but we have to finish the job on Sunday," he said.

"By winning we will mathematically be sure of fifth and that is our target - to be beat Tottenham, make sure we get into Europe for next season and then get some rest, which I think we deserve as well."

i think so yeah, and players have commented on it in the past too. if united, chelsea etc play on a tuesday or a wednesday and then get their league game on a saturday at whatever time and win they're always at least three points ahead of you etc, so there's perhaps added pressure to win your sunday game to keep up.

Can work both ways. When teams play before you and lose, could be argued you go into your game with an extra skip in your step, so to speak.

I was certain Reina was going to go this summer

Unbelievable transformation in mood and optimism around the club since Kenny came on board.

YNWA

Unbelievable transformation in mood and optimism around the club since Kenny came on board.

YNWA

Hopefully this means we won't have 39 year old Brad Friedel on the books any time soon :whistling:

Penkoprod

Can work both ways. When teams play before you and lose, could be argued you go into your game with an extra skip in your step, so to speak.

yes true enough. but teams like united and chelsea don't really lose many so those chances are few and far between. you've still got to be in touch to even have a hope of taking advantage of them.

YNWA

if hodgson had stayed he was. it's been an incredible turnaround in the entire atmosphere of the club.

I follow this group on Facebook and yes, they may be full of it but just going to repeat what I've heard. A lot of rumors we will go for a top player from La Liga and they are saying it's Aguero. Then there's the rumors about Mata.

Aguero or and Mata - that will do me Jimjim :)

Edited by Devil

Ya it's just a Facebook page that gives rumors and speculation, but of course some of the stuff they say has come true, just like anyone else I suppose. I have no idea who they are or where they get their info but some of the stuff they say I only hear there and nowhere else, and at least one of them in control of the page things we will bid for Aguero.

Edited by Jimjim

I've heard Messi is so excited abut things he wants to join you too. :D

There is no way I can see LFC even thinking of buying Aguero with his wage demands of 250k a week. It seems we are mostly associated with Brit players and others from the EPL - Young, Jarvis, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Cahill. That is all fine but it would be fun if we bought a couple of players from abroad with serious potential.

One player that I remember well from Pro Evolution Soccer that is being linked to Liverpool is Georginio Wijnaldum from Feyenord. He is only 20 and plays on the right wing. Dirk Kuyt is his idol. He looks pretty good on youtube too.

There is no way I can see LFC even thinking of buying Aguero with his wage demands of 250k a week. It seems we are mostly associated with Brit players and others from the EPL - Young, Jarvis, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Cahill. That is all fine but it would be fun if we bought a couple of players from abroad with serious potential.

One player that I remember well from Pro Evolution Soccer that is being linked to Liverpool is Georginio Wijnaldum from Feyenord. He is only 20 and plays on the right wing. Dirk Kuyt is his idol. He looks pretty good on youtube too.

250k per week eh? Odds on him playing for Man City next August? Very high i'd have thought. I cant see Real Madrid paying that when they already have Benzama and Higuain