Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Thought i might share this one with you lot at the expense of Chelsea;

The Spurs starting eleven against Villa on monday night cost 2m less than Torres cost them. :D

So that must be 27m less than the scousers paid for Carroll, Henderson and Downing :o:D

Don't be nasty alfredo.

:D

Yes you have done it again with Chelsea lads. Just keep your collective fingers pulled out for the rest of the season.

it's incredibly frustrating knowing where we could be had we converted the massive superiority of the matches against sunderland, norwich, man united and stoke into the extra points we should have got.

nine matches unbeaten though, hopefully we can carry on that consistency against city this weekend.

The Spurs starting eleven against Villa on monday night cost 2m less than Torres cost them. :D

So that must be 27m less than the scousers paid for Carroll, Henderson and Downing :o:D

I'm waiting for abrak's waffle :D

Oh well if you want it.....

The total cost of the players in our starting 11 was 81m quid.

However, considering we received 62m quid from Chelsea for two of our players from the previous season (Torres and Meireles), the net cost of our starting 11 was 19m quid.

This was less than the cost of David Luiz who I did indeed feel was priceless.

Oh well if you want it.....

The total cost of the players in our starting 11 was 81m quid.

However, considering we received 62m quid from Chelsea for two of our players from the previous season (Torres and Meireles), the net cost of our starting 11 was 19m quid.

This was less than the cost of David Luiz who I did indeed feel was priceless.

I knew it wouldn't be long :D

Yes you have done it again with Chelsea lads. Just keep your collective fingers pulled out for the rest of the season.

it's incredibly frustrating knowing where we could be had we converted the massive superiority of the matches against sunderland, norwich, man united and stoke into the extra points we should have got.

nine matches unbeaten though, hopefully we can carry on that consistency against city this weekend.

Yep Stevie you will do us a favor and i could well be favorites to boot.

City are favs at 2,47, Liverpool 2.81, Draw 3.23

doubt it. think i'l be having some money on us though.

we panelled them 3-0 at anfield earlier this year, think we're playing a very different city side now though. aguero being out would be a nice bonus.

we panelled them 3-0 at anfield earlier this year, think we're playing a very different city side now though. aguero being out would be a nice bonus.

Yep lets hope you lot can do us a favour again this week, though to be fair i can't see it really :(

Yep lets hope you lot can do us a favour again this week, though to be fair i can't see it really :(

i think city will effectively stroll the league this season and could get 90 points or so, but they've got to drop some points somewhere. they've already won at old trafford and white hart lane. so at our place on the back of a european away defeat is as good a time as any.

Liverpool 1 City 3 is my prediction and my points tally so far this season mugs Lawro right off. :D

Stroll the league-like by 9 points is that what you mean?

think it's quite possible yes, depending on how the african cup of nations impacts them.

first team to ever score at least two goals in each of their first twelve matches. goal difference of +31 in late november. they're comfortably stronger than everyone else.

think it's quite possible yes, depending on how the african cup of nations impacts them.

first team to ever score at least two goals in each of their first twelve matches. goal difference of +31 in late november. they're comfortably stronger than everyone else.

Are we talking about breaking records now Stevie? :D

I think if Liverpool go with their trusted 4-5-1 formation with midfielders breaking forward quickly they will expose City especially down the flanks if got behind City are vulnerable from crosses as QPR proved,i don't see anything other than a Liverpool victory on Sunday that is of course if they are up for it and play the same as they did in the first half against the rent boys.

I think if Liverpool go with their trusted 4-5-1 formation with midfielders breaking forward quickly they will expose City especially down the flanks if got behind City are vulnerable from crosses as QPR proved,i don't see anything other than a Liverpool victory on Sunday that is of course if they are up for it and play the same as they did in the first half against the rent boys.

Liverpool are workmanlike and generally well organised. However theres an amount of creativity needed to beat City thats simply not showing at this stage of the season. Happy to be proven wrong though and even happier with a draw.

well we're certainly capable of beating them but it depends which city turns up. if it's the one from white hart lane and old trafford then i don't really fancy our chances. if it's the one from loftus road and naples then we'll see eh?

there's a long way to go in the title race of course and a lot still to happen. but at this stage and based on form so far this season city are quite comfortably the best side and should go on to win it.

well we're certainly capable of beating them but it depends which city turns up. if it's the one from white hart lane and old trafford then i don't really fancy our chances. if it's the one from loftus road and naples then we'll see eh?

there's a long way to go in the title race of course and a lot still to happen. but at this stage and based on form so far this season city are quite comfortably the best side and should go on to win it.

Will Bellamy play?

I quite liked the gob sh!te. Plenty of pace, and plenty to prove to Mancini. I hope he doesnt play, because I think he could give Richards and Clichy problems. As well as gobbing off to Barry!! :lol:

We do have the best defensive record in the league, so I definitely think the key to us scoring points is to restrict City to a goal or less. Chelsea had averaged 3 goals at home (and scored a minimum of 2 at home) before they faced us.

Clearly City are not unbeatable - they have lost 3 times already this season, so we have a decent chance.

Unfortunately whatever we do against City wont count for much unless we learn how to put away the minnows in the league.

Will Bellamy play?

I quite liked the gob sh!te. Plenty of pace, and plenty to prove to Mancini. I hope he doesnt play, because I think he could give Richards and Clichy problems. As well as gobbing off to Barry!! :lol:

mate i hope bellamy plays simply because he's a really good player. the front six we played at chelsea at the weekend had five likely goalscorers in it, suarez, bellamy, maxi, kuyt and adam. that can't always be said when we start downing and henderson. or carroll for that matter. :(

bellamy or maxi on the left to keep richards pegged back makes loads of sense to me. kuyt has always made clichy look like a little boy lost when the lad was at arsenal. a lot will rest on the middle of the part where i expect mancini to go with his more conservative three of barry, toure, milner or so.

I thought City where unbeatable reading Thai Visa biggrin.gif

We'll beat 'em at Eastlands. I doubt it will do much other than cement our second place though. biggrin.gif

Correction 'We'll beat 'em at Etihad.'

400m and you cant even get the name right.

I'm flying Qatar.....and staying in the man yoo hotel. Etihad are rubbish! biggrin.gif

I thought City where unbeatable reading Thai Visa biggrin.gif

We'll beat 'em at Eastlands. I doubt it will do much other than cement our second place though. biggrin.gif

Correction 'We'll beat 'em at Etihad.'

400m and you cant even get the name right.

haha. it means 'united' don't you know.

i miss maine road. :(

I'm flying Qatar.....and staying in the man yoo hotel. Etihad are rubbish! biggrin.gif

<deleted> there is no such thing as a Man yoo hotel.

However if you go to Dubai (a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi) via Etihad* you can stay at the Man City hotel which is totally free and they will in fact pay you US$200 to stay there.

*Etihad in no way related to Man City. (Business class Bt50k Airbus 380 return)

Will Bellamy play?

mate i hope bellamy plays simply because he's a really good player. the front six we played at chelsea at the weekend had five likely goalscorers in it, suarez, bellamy, maxi, kuyt and adam. that can't always be said when we start downing and henderson. or carroll for that matter. :(

bellamy or maxi on the left to keep richards pegged back makes loads of sense to me. kuyt has always made clichy look like a little boy lost when the lad was at arsenal. a lot will rest on the middle of the part where i expect mancini to go with his more conservative three of barry, toure, milner or so.

Glad you put "or Carroll for that matter" bit in biggrin.gif finally coming round to the majority way of thinking.

Disagree with your assessment on them three being the conservative choice,for that you would play De Jong in there,which they just might do.

Get Lucas on Silva and Liverpool will win that's how good he is at the moment.

Disagree with your assessment on them three being the conservative choice,for that you would play De Jong in there,which they just might do.

depends who else they play. if they have aguero in the side and lucas wanders off following silva that's a great big hole to play in.

i think we'll take it to them FWIW. try to push their midfield back and peg the fullbacks into their own third. we'll need to score first though.

depends who else they play. if they have aguero in the side and lucas wanders off following silva that's a great big hole to play in.

i think we'll take it to them FWIW. try to push their midfield back and peg the fullbacks into their own third. we'll need to score first though.

Agree with MrRed on this one. Silva is the key to their game....if you can stifle him then you have a decent chance. Well a slim chance if I'm honest.

Depends which team turns up.