Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Bitter Bitter Manc...what a load of tosh !

It was clearly obvious to all that know anything about our squad that the game only two days before was going to greatly effect what team we put out and most importantly how we played. Adam, Bellamy and Kuyt were obvious ones to be rested and be used as late impact players. Something I thought your manager might of made changes for as a reaction but he didn't ...

The key point was tactics which I notice you have not mentioned...we absorbed the pressure, let you keep the ball between your slow midfield, Valencia seemed to be your only outlet. We targeted your awful keeper early on which seemed to be a well planned tactic by standing in front of him which resulted in our first goal. And the key tactical subs Kuyt, Adam and Bellamy all coming on at the right time. Your right back was caught out of position for the second goal which seems to be a common theme for him late on in games.

Curious the last time we played you we outplayed and out bossed you and yet you opted not to start with Rooney and Nani then even when fit.

Your accusation of me being fair weather for not sending you a private message of congratulations at 2 o'clock in the morning was every bit as daft as you now accusing me of being bitter. I have congratulated you for the win, and if i haven't said it already, i happily accept you won it fair and square.

My only comments today have been that i think we clearly played much better than you and that we deserved the win. Teams that deserve it often don't though, and that's the way it goes. And for our loss, i don't blame anyone else besides ourselves.

OK, you consider that bitterness. I consider it accuracy and realism. Perhaps i'm on the wrong thread for that sort of talk.

And yet you would like to accuse the most consistent posters on this thread over the past few years as Fair Weather - <deleted>-k off you can't take it but love to dish it... WUM.

Look most people who support LFC are very happy to no longer have H+G as owners and are very happy to have Dalglish as our manager. That is all.

We are not heroically optimistic about say winning the PL.

Amy win against Utd is seen as a triumph. I suspect that any Utd win against Barcelona seen as a triumph even if you were not dominant in possession or territory.

But in terms of how things are. The very fact that we have a manager that we believe is inherently suited to the job and owners that we believe are acting in the clubs best interests, means a lot more to us than any win, achieved anyhow over Utd.

OK well, if you equate your victory at home to that team we put out, as being a triumph on a par with United beating Barca, i hold my hands up and accept i really didn't appreciate how far in your mind you have fallen behind.

It was clearly obvious to all that know anything about our squad that the game only two days before was going to greatly effect what team we put out and most importantly how we played. Adam, Bellamy and Kuyt were obvious ones to be rested and be used as late impact players. Something I thought your manager might of made changes for as a reaction but he didn't ...

The key point was tactics which I notice you have not mentioned...we absorbed the pressure, let you keep the ball between your slow midfield, Valencia seemed to be your only outlet. We targeted your awful keeper early on which seemed to be a well planned tactic by standing in front of him which resulted in our first goal. And the key tactical subs Kuyt, Adam and Bellamy all coming on at the right time. Your right back was caught out of position for the second goal which seems to be a common theme for him late on in games.

Curious the last time we played you we outplayed and out bossed you and yet you opted not to start with Rooney and Nani then even when fit.

Your accusation of me being fair weather for not sending you a private message of congratulations at 2 o'clock in the morning was every bit as daft as you now accusing me of being bitter. I have congratulated you for the win, and if i haven't said it already, i happily accept you won it fair and square.

My only comments today have been that i think we clearly played much better than you and that we deserved the win. Teams that deserve it often don't though, and that's the way it goes. And for our loss, i don't blame anyone else besides ourselves.

OK, you consider that bitterness. I consider it accuracy and realism. Perhaps i'm on the wrong thread for that sort of talk.

And yet you would like to accuse the most consistent posters on this thread over the past few years as Fair Weather - <deleted>-k off you can't take it but love to dish it... WUM.

I'm not the one telling someone else to <deleted>-k off.

Look most people who support LFC are very happy to no longer have H+G as owners and are very happy to have Dalglish as our manager. That is all.

Amy win against Utd is seen as a triumph. I suspect that any Utd win against Barcelona seen as a triumph even if you were not dominant in possession or territory.

But in terms of how things are. The very fact that we have a manager that we believe is inherently suited to the job and owners that we believe are acting in the clubs best interests, means a lot more to us than any win, achieved anyhow over Utd.

OK well, if you equate your victory at home to that team we put out, as being a triumph on a par with United beating Barca, i hold my hands up and accept i really didn't appreciate how far in your mind you have fallen behind.

Red Cafe is in meltdown again! Anyone with Utd friends on Facebook or Twitter won't hear a peep out of them for days. It borders on obsession most of the time with Utd fans on about Liverpool FC even when they are not playing us.

Edited by Devil

I have to say I was thinking with a few minutes left that Liverpool had blown their opportunity and would be heading to OT for a replay. I'd have loved to see Suarez there for that one.

Preferably in the middle of the visiting support.

Why? We've dumped them out of the Cup.

Suarez will be back for the game at Old Toilet ;)

Exactly smokie and i also thought the old man ran the midfield until fergie made the mistake of the game.

Still we have to keep it even with City so both have no excuses......the league or bust now.

Look, Liverpool have not won the League since 1990.

Imbetween we have come second twice. Between 1973 and 1990 we came first or second every time and I believe only second twice. So I have no intention of getting away with what is anything other than the facts.

It really isnt a question of what exists in my mind.It is a question of what is.

Andy Carroll was superb wasn't he.

Not bad... Set up the wining goal, and was unlucky to not of made it 3-1 but for the cross bar. Held the line well so all in all a decent performance.

Edited by Devil

I have to say I was thinking with a few minutes left that Liverpool had blown their opportunity and would be heading to OT for a replay. I'd have loved to see Suarez there for that one.

Suarez will be back for the game at Old Toilet wink.png

Great to see you doing well in the cups,when will you bother with the league?

What I was getting at was when Scholes went off you were winning the midfield and looked the better side. I didn't see the goal coming though but then Kuyt is an excellent poacher.

Saved your bacon there.

Andy Carroll was superb wasn't he.

Not bad... Set up the wining goal, and was unlucky to not of made it 3-1 but for the cross bar. Held the line well so all in all a decent performance.

lol delusional as usual hit-the-fan.gif

Great to see you doing well in the cups,when will you bother with the league?

6 points of fourth... Why? It is clear we want to challenge for fourth but will be a big ask for this season and it always was for a newly appointed manager and new look team.

It's an interesting target winning the Carling Cup - I think even one of yours once said 'don't under estimate the Carling Cup, it can lead to great things.' certainly already had a massive effect on moral for the club,fans and players to reach a final.

Knocking out both Manchster clubs in both Cups in the space of a few days is not to be taken lightly.

Just curious - winning the FA Cup and Carling Cup v's say, coming 3rd in the league? Utd are out of all the major Cups and 3rd in the league is the most likely outcome for Utd based on form. Now that's what I would be asking yourself!

Look Dev, having watched that game you are not a million miles off as a team but there is something fundamentally flawed in the movement and desire of that midfield.

Carroll on his own up front is woeful...he needs support. The likes of Gerrard is OK but he is often not far enough forward.

The players are there for sure its just about getting the best out of them and I don't feel Kenny has done that yet.

Look Dev, having watched that game you are not a million miles off as a team but there is something fundamentally flawed in the movement and desire of that midfield.

Carroll on his own up front is woeful...he needs support. The likes of Gerrard is OK but he is often not far enough forward.

The players are there for sure its just about getting the best out of them and I don't feel Kenny has done that yet.

You know it is incredibly irritating. We have the best or second best record against the top 7. We have beaten all the other 6 apart from Spurs. But we are totally inept at beating the bottom ranked teams. I dont mean to say that as an excuse - along the lines of - 'we can beat the top ranked teams, so we are clearly better than the bottom ranked ones' - because it doesnt work that way. In fact it is often quite the opposite. The bottom line is that unless you can consistently beat the bottom ranked teams you will never get to the top. You can afford to lose to one or other of the top ranked teams but you cannot afford to not beat the bottom ranked teams.

And until we lean how to beat the lower ranked teams, we are unlikely to make it into the top 4.

Singh - The Liverpool fans booed him because they believe he didn't tell the truth... Like many times before. One idiot out of 45,000 in the crowd is being investigated by the police over racist gestures and if guilty will receive punishment.

There were other incidents during the game as Manchester United fans sang merciless chants about Hillsborough !! But overall it was mainly about football and credit to both sets of fans.

Notice you have no interest in the QPR, Chelsea incident - bullet in the post? - your bias is becoming silly or that you are trying to say LFC is a Racist Club and that it doesn't exist in any club or society... You've been to enough West Ham game no?

Singh - The Liverpool fans booed him because they believe he didn't tell the truth... Like many times before. One idiot out of 45,000 in the crowd is being investigated by the police over racist gestures and if guilty will receive punishment.

There were other incidents during the game as Manchester United fans sang merciless chants about Hillsborough !! But overall it was mainly about football and credit to both sets of fans.

Notice you have no interest in the QPR, Chelsea incident - bullet in the post? - your bias is becoming silly or that you are trying to say LFC is a Racist Club and that it doesn't exist in any club or society... You've been to enough West Ham game no?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Honestly you might be as a Man U supporter entitled to regard the way you win as important. But Liverpool just lost 3-1 to Bolton. That is like saying you cant get a shag from a 20 stone woman from Inverness. So you are hardly likely to be bothered how about you go and score from the nubile chick who is Jude Law's 3 day old ex-chick. If you think that Liverpool without there best two players should be slightly interested in 'how' they beat you rather than whether they beat you, that is absolutely fine, and your contribution will be welcomed on the Man U is in the decline thread.

You keep harping on about missing two players from your team as if Man United were at full strength. Come on, Giggs, Park and Scholes in mid-field. No Rooney. No Nani. No Fletcher. No Vidic. No Jones. If you don't agree that that team we put out, is a team that at home, Liverpool should at least be equal to, and shouldn't need to sit back against, well then i guess your expectations these days really are low.

A bet when you guys saw our team sheet before kick off you thought, come on, here we go. And i bet right up until the 88th minute, you were thinking, this has been pretty awful. Go on, deny it.

So what you're forewarning me Dev is that Spurs will face a wall of ten defenders in red at Anfield next week and you will try to hit us on the break! Free flowing indeed but then again what do i know. Actually what i do know is, win or lose, you won't come out and play expansive football against us, you'll play exactly the same as you do normally, same as Man Utd cup tie. I fear it'll be like playing Wolves.

I not WUM, i'm saying it exactly as it is.

Edited by carmine

Honestly you might be as a Man U supporter entitled to regard the way you win as important. But Liverpool just lost 3-1 to Bolton. That is like saying you cant get a shag from a 20 stone woman from Inverness. So you are hardly likely to be bothered how about you go and score from the nubile chick who is Jude Law's 3 day old ex-chick. If you think that Liverpool without there best two players should be slightly interested in 'how' they beat you rather than whether they beat you, that is absolutely fine, and your contribution will be welcomed on the Man U is in the decline thread.

You keep harping on about missing two players from your team as if Man United were at full strength. Come on, Giggs, Park and Scholes in mid-field. No Rooney. No Nani. No Fletcher. No Vidic. No Jones. If you don't agree that that team we put out, is a team that at home, Liverpool should at least be equal to, and shouldn't need to sit back against, well then i guess your expectations these days really are low.

A bet when you guys saw our team sheet before kick off you thought, come on, here we go. And i bet right up until the 88th minute, you were thinking, this has been pretty awful. Go on, deny it.

So what you're forewarning me Dev is that Spurs will face a wall of ten defenders in red at Anfield next week and you will try to hit us on the break! Free flowing indeed but then again what do i know. Actually what i do know is, win or lose, you won't come out and play expansive football against us, you'll play exactly the same as you do normally, same as Man Utd cup tie. I fear it'll be like playing Wolves.

I not WUM, i'm saying it exactly as it is.

Not sure about that Carmine given we won't of had to play football in the space of two days. Guessing we will press in the same way we did against Man City at Anfield.

Wolves first hey :)

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Amongst the coolest non-stories of the year comes this....

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7465015/Werner-Denies-Signing-Downing-From-YouTube

It would obviously be cooler if it included 'well we bought Carroll on the back of a youtube video and it didnt work out well'.

Or Abromavich quoted as saying 'everyone knows that FIFA 12 is the source for player information. Amateurs in a world of professionals.'