Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Agree with Lucas back up as Spearing proved he's not good enough. Will be interesting tho' to see what happens with Henderson and Adam with regards to the CM spot. To be fair to Henderson, Kenny didn't really give him a chance in that position.

Hoilett would be good but I reckon Dyer/Sinclair may be the ones BR will go for (hope Raheem is given the chance tho'). Not bothered about Skrtel rumours as they were initiated by a joke site...even so, Agger/Coates are already here as is Andre Wisdom and Martin Kelly (who has all the attributes for a CB).

i think henderson's good when in centre mid but i'd ship adam out this summer. he's not good enough.

mate of mine who is a swansea fan reckons sinclair is rubbish, so i'd be worried if BR went for them now. agree about sterling though.

the skrtel stuff is dead real mate, promise you. city are prepared to treble his wages and he wants to go there. but if it happens we should demand 30m out of them.

Agree with Lucas back up as Spearing proved he's not good enough. Will be interesting tho' to see what happens with Henderson and Adam with regards to the CM spot. To be fair to Henderson, Kenny didn't really give him a chance in that position.

Hoilett would be good but I reckon Dyer/Sinclair may be the ones BR will go for (hope Raheem is given the chance tho'). Not bothered about Skrtel rumours as they were initiated by a joke site...even so, Agger/Coates are already here as is Andre Wisdom and Martin Kelly (who has all the attributes for a CB).

i think henderson's good when in centre mid but i'd ship adam out this summer. he's not good enough.

mate of mine who is a swansea fan reckons sinclair is rubbish, so i'd be worried if BR went for them now. agree about sterling though.

the skrtel stuff is dead real mate, promise you. city are prepared to treble his wages and he wants to go there. but if it happens we should demand 30m out of them.

No idea where your info is coming from but £30m+ would be a good deal for a CB. From the horses mouth:

Regarding his situation at the club he confirmed – “‘I am happy here”

Upon further mention of the recent rumors reported in recent Newspaper stories the defender added – “The only thing I can say is it is not true because I have never said anything like I want to leave the club or handed in a transfer request.

“I have a contract at Liverpool and I am happy here at the club. I haven’t thought about leaving the club.

“The things that were in the press are rubbish.”

no, i still think we'll have a director of football but just with a narrower remit. pep segura as head of player scouting and recruitment or something. but i would've been more reassured if the man was a senior football man with all the contacts etc.

martinez can bugger off though really. we shouldn't be tailoring our entire club structure and future to the manager of wigan, i'm sorry.

No no no Stevie lets do it with the manager of SWAAAAAANSEA instead cheesy.gifcheesy.gif sort of makes you post redundant don't you think?

Skirtel to Liverpool... that's it you have gone daft or are seriously losing it.

Or is it the famous scouse humor coming back ??? laugh.png

Either way Liverpoo are a laughing stock at the moment....do you want Ciggyson from Swansea hahahahhahhaacheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Didn't post this yesterday as was too gutted ! i think you've got the man in Rodgers and how i wish he'd come to Spurs.

He's not Rafa or Dalglish...........his days are numbered. Mindyou, isn't he stalling due to the DoF situation?

Eitherway, his face won't fit.

I would like him to do well if he was at any other club including Spurs because of the way he likes to play football.

what if Liverpool do not win anything in the next season....what happens then? If they give him another season sort of makes the clubs sacking of Dalglish look very bad and the owners will come under more pressure.

He is a nice guy and his teams play nice football...all too nicey nicey whistling.gif He will need to grow some to be successful at Anfailed.

This is a messy option, with a lot of potential pitfalls. From today's UK Guardian:

Liverpool poised to ditch new stadium in favour of Anfield expansion

http://www.guardian....n?newsfeed=true

They should have done this 20 years ago, one of the main reasons united have been so far ahead of other teams is we not just invested in the squad we invested in the stadium too, arsenal will reap the benefit of moving to a new stadium in the near future, those that remain in there antiquated stadiums will be left behind, unless you are man city who are given a stadium for free and get a sugar daddy to buy who ever they want too.

• Like 1

Amazing isnt it , managerial candidates from so called small clubs thinking and thinking and thinking again about taking the job at mighty liverpool.laugh.png

How times have changed.

Som nam nah smile.png

That isn't about a declining big club as you are suggesting. Its more about realistic expectations, whether the candidate wants to work with a DoF etc

As a relatively young man he seems to know far better to conduct himself in business matters than most of his fellow league managers. Liverpool coming back to try to speak to him after an initial refusal says more about him a a quality all round candidate than it does the demise of LFC.

Amazing isnt it , managerial candidates from so called small clubs thinking and thinking and thinking again about taking the job at mighty liverpool.laugh.png

How times have changed.

Som nam nah smile.png

That isn't about a declining big club as you are suggesting. Its more about realistic expectations, whether the candidate wants to work with a DoF etc

As a relatively young man he seems to know far better to conduct himself in business matters than most of his fellow league managers. Liverpool coming back to try to speak to him after an initial refusal says more about him a a quality all round candidate than it does the demise of LFC.

I would guess he wants long term guarantees. Its not a quick fix job at Liverpool.....more like at least three years and possibly more.

Not what some of you want to hear but true nonetheless.

So can anyone elaborate how much Liverpool have paid out in compensation to ex managers in the last few years? Rafa Hodgson Dalglish ect and also money paid to get the manger to come, there is talk Rogers has a buy out clause of 5 million, and i am sure Hodgson did too.

How times have changed.

Som nam nah smile.png

I would guess he wants long term guarantees. Its not a quick fix job at Liverpool.....more like at least three years and possibly more.

Not what some of you want to hear but true nonetheless.

And I cant but help feel a little smirk as they've in my opinion picked the wrong man, Martinez is the man, he made Swansea into what they are now, rodgers just fine tuned it and kept the boat going IE u could say he he got lucky. whilst Failing at reading and watford, Martinez has Battled against the odds and kept Wigan for ? seasons in the prem and bought plenty cheapish players improved them and sold them V V well. I know it's a little disloyal , but i'de almost happily suffer a poor early season to get rid of Ari and bring in Martinez.

So can anyone elaborate how much Liverpool have paid out in compensation to ex managers in the last few years? Rafa Hodgson Dalglish ect and also money paid to get the manger to come, there is talk Rogers has a buy out clause of 5 million, and i am sure Hodgson did too.

It's not only the managers comp thats expensive, its the players that the next manager doesnt want that cost HUGELY, In the greater scale of things hodgson didnt have that much of a transfer budget, he bought a few, the Scandinavian middie, the left bac from fulham and joe cole

some of them signed on freebies, but dont think that means there wasn't a Huge signing on fee or Huge wages. These added up make the managers comp look like peanuts, just imagine if Rodgers doesn't want Carroll or Henderson?

How times have changed.

Som nam nah smile.png

on the contrary, it is entirely about the decline of a club.

From your post I would assume that you think the structure of the management of the club has played no part and continues to play no part in its decline?

I wouldn't however question the candidates abilities.

I think both Martinez and Rogers in this order would be great managers.

As i was suggesting earlier maybe they are too good for Liverpool, and indeed its liverpool who want to get more realistic!

Edited by highchol

I would like him to do well if he was at any other club including Spurs because of the way he likes to play football.

what if Liverpool do not win anything in the next season....what happens then? If they give him another season sort of makes the clubs sacking of Dalglish look very bad and the owners will come under more pressure.

He is a nice guy and his teams play nice football...all too nicey nicey whistling.gif He will need to grow some to be successful at Anfailed.

I think the decision to sack him was made due to a culmination of a lot of different reasons and circumstances.

Not in any particular order and just a few that i can think of, apart from just the eight place finish but, the over £100 Million spent on squad and the ROI of it not being very good was one of them

The unwavering support of Suarez in the Evra row, instead of either just distancing himself from it, or knocking what turned into a media circus with the tshirts etc on the head was another.

His surly attitude at every interview, whether pre-game or post-match yet another.

In short, there wasnt just the ONE thing that led to his downfall, i dont think.

Penkoprod

• Like 1

This is a messy option, with a lot of potential pitfalls. From today's UK Guardian:

Liverpool poised to ditch new stadium in favour of Anfield expansion

http://www.guardian....n?newsfeed=true

Denied by the club and Liverpool City Council. Decision is to be made on new/revamped stadium by end of June. China Air rumoured to involved in naming rights.

That would be a game-changer I reckon.

dalglish didn't take any compensation. declined it.

He was my hero once....in a blue shirt of course...don't get too excited. Tells you something about the man though! thumbsup.gif

My hero too. Total legend.

• Like 1