Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Stevie it is very simple....sport is not politics you are the just like all scousers with your attitude

Very sad that you live in the past

Mr red, as much as I like having a banter with u, U do,at times. come out with some v ill considered comments.

• Like 1

Stevie it is very simple....sport is not politics you are the just like all scousers with your attitude

Mr red, as much as I like having a banter with u, U do,at times. come out with some v ill considered comments.

Can you be more specific as to what upset you?

I see that UK politics has come into the Euros. Government ministers have boycotted going to the Euro group stages because Ukraine has poor civil liberties (re that moderately tasty-looking* ex Opposition leader, who has been jailed). Pretty disingenuous - if you dont like Ukraine then withdraw the ambassador! If you don't like Ukraine, do not defer judgment as to whether ministers can go to the knock-out stages. Just looks like they want to avoid the embarassing $hit, but want to be able to go if against all odds England can string it together.

On the other hand an indefinite ban on all politicians going to sporting events in any public capacity (ie junkets) would be welcome.

*Sorry ladies - I know - I would never bother commenting on a male politico's appearance

I see that UK politics has come into the Euros. Government ministers have boycotted going to the Euro group stages because Ukraine has poor civil liberties (re that moderately tasty-looking* ex Opposition leader, who has been jailed). Pretty disingenuous - if you dont like Ukraine then withdraw the ambassador! If you don't like Ukraine, do not defer judgment as to whether ministers can go to the knock-out stages. Just looks like they want to avoid the embarassing $hit, but want to be able to go if against all odds England can string it together.

On the other hand an indefinite ban on all politicians going to sporting events in any public capacity (ie junkets) would be welcome.

*Sorry ladies - I know - I would never bother commenting on a male politico's appearance

And then again you just start a politics in football thread.......

Can't really see what this has to do with Liverpool 40.gif

• Like 1

That depends if the word "persecution" crops up. biggrin.png

• Like 1

mr ed, i'm sure i remember you being mildly interesting on here once. these days you just seem to be a boring, unfunny troll. ho hum.

• Like 1

Please accept my apology if i upset you.

I don't want you to feel persecuted!

Don't accept an apology that is said for effect. This guy has been listening to fergusbum for too long, and believes he can spout any old shit and people will believe him

it's like buying a pint for the bloke who is fuc_king your wife.

All you ugly suckers married mingers so get over your pride and buy that lad a pint and give him a hearty pat on the back. biggrin.png

Are you suggesting that Mr Red swings both ways with exuberant Irishmen?

Nor me. It's a bit like The Liverpool Way, and Current Glories. Totally irrelevant.

And yeah - Yulia Tymoshenko was - and hopefully still is - a great looking woman and had a hair-ensemble to envy. A victim of disgracefully bent Ukranian politics and sleazy backhanding courts.

IMO There's no connection really , Just traditionally the tories absolutely shit on the north west of England, so from my limited time spent in the north west there seems to be an inherent mistrust of them

the football clubs - liverpool and everton - are intrinsically linked to the city. they were what the working man and his lad did on the dad's half-day off every other saturday to distract from the daily grind. they were the release. they are part of the city and its people. so there's every connection between tories shitting on the city and the impact that has on the politics of the city's football fans. and it's more than a mistrust too.

I grew up in Anfield in the fifties, a spit from the Kop on one side and from Tommy Whites/St. Domingo Road on the other, and only very, very few people in that working class area voted Labour. But Stevie being a wool not a scouser would never understand why.

Also even then it was mainly a 5 day 40 hour week (alright the late fities), and people only having alternate Saturdays off would be the minority, (apart from overtime of course in those days of full employment--yes even on Merseyside.)

Stevie generally calls it right when he talks about Liverpool (but did Dalgleish take the money?) other than that however sometimes he does seem a bit ''off the wall'' as our American cousins would say.

Email from JW Henry on financing a new stadium to Anfield Wrap. Sound financial sense if not terribly helpful.

“A long-term myth has existed about the financial impact of a new stadium for Liverpool. Maybe it became a good reason for selling the club at one point.

“Whatever the reason, a belief has grown that Liverpool FC must have a new stadium to compete with United, Arsenal and others. No one has ever addressed whether or not a new stadium is rational.

“New stadiums that are publicly financed make sense for clubs. I’ve never heard of a club turning down a publicly financed stadium.

“But privately carrying new stadiums is an enormous challenge. Arsenal is centered in a very wealthy city with a metropolitan population of approximately 14 million people. They did a tremendous job of carrying it off on a number of levels. But how many new football stadiums with more than 30,000 seats have been built in the UK over the past decade or so? I’m sure every club would like to move to a new facility.

“We’ve been exploring a new stadium for the past 18 months. At one point we made it clear that if a naming rights deal could be secured of sufficient size, we would make every effort to build a new facility.

“Liverpool FC has an advantage in being a global club and a naming rights deal could make a new stadium a reality. It is something we are working on. There has been interest.

“Going in the other direction, many football clubs have successfully enlarged their seating capacity. LFC has had plans to expand the main stand at Anfield. But this avenue has been very difficult for the club over the past couple of decades.

“There are homes behind the main stand. Expansion of the main stand would have to be a priority for the city, community and immediate neighborhood in order for that to occur. And there are many people who feel this expansion should be welcomed. This issue is vital to the neighborhood’s future, but we cannot and will not act unilaterally.

“While a new stadium or an expansion of Anfield is beneficial over the long-term for the club, the financial impact of adding seats and amenities should be put into perspective. That’s why I say that it is a myth that stadium issues are going to magically transform LFC’s fortunes. Here is a chart based on 10/11 match-day revenue.

Screen-Shot-2012-06-15-at-11.42.05.png

“Can Liverpool as a community afford Chelsea or Arsenal prices? No.”

It is often said that for Liverpool to compete in match-day revenue with United, Arsenal and Chelsea, we need a new stadium. But you can see that the £50 or £60 million differences stem as much from revenue per seat as from the number of seats. Even if Liverpool were able to get to 60,000 seats, there would have to be an increase from £900 to £1550 in revenue per seat as well to catch Arsenal.

“If Anfield yielded £1550 per seat, without adding seats, LFC match-day revenue would rise from £41M to £71M. That would be the same as building a new stadium with 60,000 seats or increasing seating at Anfield and increasing revenue per seat to £1170.

“There also is this feeling that if you add concessions and amenities such as Arsenal did at Emirates, your “per-cap” (how much is spent on concessions per person) goes way up, but the last time we checked the per-cap at Emirates was only £0.50 higher.

“The allure of a new stadium and/or refurbishment is no different at Anfield then it is anywhere in the world. New stadiums increase revenues primarily by raising ticket prices – especially premium seating.

“In America, as an example, 3 NFL (American football) clubs have moved into new stadiums over the past 3 years. The New York Jets average ticket price rose by 32% when they moved into their new stadium. The New York Giants rose by 26% and the Dallas Cowboys rose by 31%. In baseball, ticket prices rose 76% when the New York Yankees moved into their new stadium 3 years ago.

“At Emirates Stadium match-day revenues rose 96% the first year while seats had increased 57%.

“Building new or refurbishing Anfield is going to lead to an increase from £40M of match-day revenue to perhaps £60-70M if you don’t factor in debt service.

“That would certainly help, but it’s just one component of LFC long-term fortunes. Our future is based not on a stadium issue but on building a strong football club that can compete with anyone in Europe.

“This will be principally driven financially by our commercial strengths globally.”

Not a lot of news coming out about Liverpool.

Seems like Sigurdsson will almost certainly come in which looks like a good signing especially as he seems to have some goals in him.

The rumors that Skrtel is on the way out persist although he is renegotiating his contract so who knows. It isnt the end of the world as I see it even though he was named player of the season. It is only a year ago when he was largely regarded as a fringe member of the squad. We are fairly strong in that position especially as Coates was hardly used. More to the point, although Skrtel was good, he was only exceptional when he partnership with Agger - seems to me when he was with Carra his game was nothing like of the same standard.

I was quite hoping we would sign Luuk De Jong but it seems either we have gone cold on him or other clubs are now taking a greater interest.

"Not a lot of news coming out about Liverpool."

About time they took a back seat for a while and tried concentrating on doing what they are paid to do....run a football club that is the Liverpool way isn't it? biggrin.png

If we lost Skrtel we would definitely need a replacement. But I think he just wants more money from us (even if less than City could pay) and we'll probably give it to him. I'm sure he wants to stay but you never know.

Glad England are out. Now our Liverpool lads can have a proper break and rest. August 2 is coming up fast!

We're going into the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa League with the two legged tie played over 2 and 9 August. Likely win that and then we play 23 and 30 August.

Hope we can make a challenge for top 4 this year but if we go far in Europa League it may hamper us.

Do you think your get Sigurdsson or not ? or perhaps you don't even want him !

To be fair 10m sounds quite cheap comparing it with your transfer dealings last summer 23.gif

10m euros doesnt sound bad and Rodgers certainly wanted him from his days at Swansea.

The only slight problem I would say with Sigurdsson for Liverpool is that he occupies a position that isnt a particularly high priority to strengthen at the moment. I imagine from the papers that he is going to Tottenham.

Abs said : 10m euros doesnt sound bad and Rodgers certainly wanted him from his days at Swansea.

The only slight problem I would say with Sigurdsson for Liverpool is that he occupies a position that isnt a particularly high priority to strengthen at the moment. I imagine from the papers that he is going to Tottenham.

Posted 2012-06-19 13:52:28

Abs said : Seems like Sigurdsson will almost certainly come in which looks like a good signing especially as he seems to have some goals in him.

40.gifHow opinions can change in a week 4.gif

We are fairly strong in that position especially as Coates was hardly used.

So where do you need strengthening Abs ?

Edited by alfieconn

To be fair 10m sounds quite cheap comparing it with your transfer dealings last summer 23.gif

If its true Spurs are in for him...the question for you is Alfie is do you think he can replace either Vdv or moder? As they both surely are going from all reports.

10m doesn't sound bad business, he looks a good player but someone you would need to build around to get the best out of him and I am not sure he is that good yet...its the same old shit, we need to buy better than what we have. The key in this is how much Rodgers wants him, he clearly feels he will fit the system he wants to introduce to LFC.

Abrak says its not a area of priority- based on our current squad and performances last year ( urgent are - striker, winger CDM back up) BUT surely this now depends on who the manager wants to let go or bring in as I can't see him sticking with the same squad for his type of game - it doesn't add up for me. And my suspicions are the owners are not going to pump money in unless we sell, so I am expecting a few shock sells to bring players in. And I have no idea who is managing our transfers - the Manager or Ian Air?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Edited by Devil

If its true Spurs are in for him...the question for you is Alfie is do you think he can replace either Vdv or moder? As they both surely are going from all reports.

10m doesn't sound bad business, he looks a good player but someone you would need to build around to get the best out of him and I am not sure he is that good yet...its the same old shit, we need to buy better than what we have. The key in this is how much Rodgers wants him, he clearly feels he will fit the system he wants to introduce to LFC.

Abrak says its not a area of priority- based on our current squad and performances last year ( urgent are - striker, winger CDM back up) BUT surely this now depends on who the manager wants to let go or bring in as I can't see him sticking with the same squad for his type of game - it doesn't add up for me. And my suspicions are the owners are not going to pump money in unless we sell, so I am expecting a few shock sells to bring players in. And I have no idea who is managing our transfers - the Manager or Ian Air?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

What I find strange, is that Rodgers originally took him to Swansea, and made it known that he wanted him at Liverpool.

According to the papers today, he is going to sign for Spurs, who dont even have a manager yetblink.png

If thats the case, its a slap in the face for both Rodgers and LFC