Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Do you think your get Sigurdsson or not ? or perhaps you don't even want him !

To be fair 10m sounds quite cheap comparing it with your transfer dealings last summer 23.gif

If its true Spurs are in for him...the question for you is Alfie is do you think he can replace either Vdv or moder? As they both surely are going from all reports.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Well he certainly aint coming to replace Modric as he is a different type of player, VDV ain't going nowhere, so probaly a squad player !

To be fair 10m sounds quite cheap comparing it with your transfer dealings last summer 23.gif

If its true Spurs are in for him...the question for you is Alfie is do you think he can replace either Vdv or moder? As they both surely are going from all reports.

10m doesn't sound bad business, he looks a good player but someone you would need to build around to get the best out of him and I am not sure he is that good yet...its the same old shit, we need to buy better than what we have. The key in this is how much Rodgers wants him, he clearly feels he will fit the system he wants to introduce to LFC.

Abrak says its not a area of priority- based on our current squad and performances last year ( urgent are - striker, winger CDM back up) BUT surely this now depends on who the manager wants to let go or bring in as I can't see him sticking with the same squad for his type of game - it doesn't add up for me. And my suspicions are the owners are not going to pump money in unless we sell, so I am expecting a few shock sells to bring players in. And I have no idea who is managing our transfers - the Manager or Ian Air?

What I find strange, is that Rodgers originally took him to Swansea, and made it known that he wanted him at Liverpool.

According to the papers today, he is going to sign for Spurs, who dont even have a manager yetblink.png

If thats the case, its a slap in the face for both Rodgers and LFC

We have a manager Jack but he just hasn't been announced yet due to an old contract 3.gif why else would we be signing him !

Edited by alfieconn

What I find strange, is that Rodgers originally took him to Swansea, and made it known that he wanted him at Liverpool.

According to the papers today, he is going to sign for Spurs, who dont even have a manager yetblink.png

Well, according to the Times 'Liverpool have not given up hope of winning the race to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, but will not bow to the midfielder's wage demands....' which very much sounds to me like 'player signs with club who offers him the biggest contract'. Hardly a shocker I would say.

its a slap in the face for both Rodgers and LFC

Or it could be a straight ' where would a 22? year old choose to live Liverpool or London?

and it makes sense that VDV gets sold he's in the last year of his contract and his fitness was becoming a continual issue

however I wouldn't moan having both.

New signings would be nice and we do need a few, but more important is the players adapting to the new manager and what kind of football he gets us playing. Getting new players is nice and exciting and all, but we have some good players already plus a few world class ones and we need them all to step up and play to their potential next season. Can't wait to get Lucas back, he's become the most important player for us, as clear as daylight to me. Our winning percentage is much higher with him the team. Fingers crossed he can get back to his form of last season. He's a monster in that midfield and we desperately need him back.

Sure I'd like Sigurdsson as he can score goals as well as create them. I don't think we have too many in that kind of position as I see him as playing the Gerrard role in the Torres-Gerrard partnership of a few seasons back where Gerrard played in behind the striker with two midfielders behind him. I think he and Suarez could potentially link up well in that kind of partnership and Sigurdsson could blossom there.

I don't see Rodgers philosophy as playing two natural strikers up front so I think there's room for more creative, attacking midfielders in the squad, as well as at least one more natural winger.

Ya it looks he'll go to Spurs but we don't know what will happen until there's an announcement by either club. Seen the same journos say he's dead on for LFC and then later say he's dead on for Spurs, so who really knows? I think everyone just wants to get the scoop before it happens and that's why we hear of so many deals that actually never happen, just journalists looking to be right before everyone else, so much so that they're often wrong before everyone else.

Well, according to the Times 'Liverpool have not given up hope of winning the race to sign Gylfi Sigurdsson, but will not bow to the midfielder's wage demands....' which very much sounds to me like 'player signs with club who offers him the biggest contract'. Hardly a shocker I would say.

Hardly seems likely about the wages since our cap is lower than you pay your players.

, but we have some good players already plus a few world class ones why we hear of so many deals that actually never happen, just journalists looking to be right before everyone else, so much so that they're often wrong before everyone else.

Depends what you qualify as being world class, if your talking about being in a squad of say 30 then no chance, a squad of 130 then maybe 24.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Hardly seems likely about the wages since our cap is lower than you pay your players.

Still Rodgers was going to recruit him for Swansea, so you would hope he would be recruiting him for Liverpool near Swansea's wage cap and not near Liverpool's wage cap. In fact I suspect that is the problem. Rodgers knows how much he was willing to play for him at Swansea and offered something similar at Liverpool. While Sigurdsson feels if he comes to Liverpool he wants Liverpool wages.

Still Rodgers was going to recruit him for Swansea, so you would hope he would be recruiting him for Liverpool near Swansea's wage cap and not near Liverpool's wage cap. In fact I suspect that is the problem. Rodgers knows how much he was willing to play for him at Swansea and offered something similar at Liverpool. While Sigurdsson feels if he comes to Liverpool he wants Liverpool wages.

If Rodgers is really that stupid to think that a player who moves from Swansea to Liverpool would settle for Swansea wages i would be very worried indeed. That would make him a clown and i don't buy that.

Maybe he just preferred Spurs. That is ofcourse if its true he's moving to us. biggrin.png

If Rodgers is really that stupid to think that a player who moves from Swansea to Liverpool would settle for Swansea wages i would be very worried indeed. That would make him a clown and i don't buy that.

Maybe he just preferred Spurs. That is ofcourse if its true he's moving to us. biggrin.png

girlfriend wants to live in that london apparently.

girlfriend wants to live in that london apparently.

Is that your way of saying he wants to join a big club?laugh.png

just passing on what has supposedly been said by a mate of his.

and you really want to get into the spurs vs liverpool big club debate carmine? it won't last long i warn you.

just passing on what has supposedly been said by a mate of his.

and you really want to get into the spurs vs liverpool big club debate carmine? it won't last long i warn you.

We did the double when you were still making sand castles mate but lets not go there aye! And theres no need to be so defensive, i know about your european cups and league titles. Thing is though, what with our new training facility which has been described as spectacular, and a new stadium about to be built i couldn't really give a toss about the past, whilst i am happy to admit, as i have before, that Liverpool and Utd are the biggest teams in the country.

Anyway, back to transfers. Apart from where his bird wants to do her shopping, I would be delighted if he does sign for us as i think he's a really good player.

, but we have some good players already plus a few world class ones why we hear of so many deals that actually never happen, just journalists looking to be right before everyone else, so much so that they're often wrong before everyone else.

Depends what you qualify as being world class, if your talking about being in a squad of say 30 then no chance, a squad of 130 then maybe 24.gif

Wow, uh, hilarious? I can barely contain my laughter. You really got me on that one. No way there's world class players at Liverpool, right? Not say, an England captain, the best player of last year's Copa America, the player who made the most tackles in the Premier League 2010-11 and was on pace for the same statistic last season until he got injured, not a chance we'd have world class players like that, right?

you really are great with those zingers, please, keep rolling on the floor at your daft jokes. Quite entertaining...

Edited by Jimjim

Wow, uh, hilarious? I can barely contain my laughter. You really got me on that one. No way there's world class players at Liverpool, right? Not say, an England captain, the best player of last year's Copa America, the player who made the most tackles in the Premier League 2010-11 and was on pace for the same statistic last season until he got injured, not a chance we'd have world class players like that, right?

you really are great with those zingers, please, keep rolling on the floor at your daft jokes. Quite entertaining...

I'll pick one bit out of that lot as i can't be bothered really !

the player who made the most tackles in the Premier League 2010-11
so a player with the most tackles makes him world class 24.gif, here is this seasons top tacklers list,now tell me who is world class out of this lot

Cabaye Newcastle 111 70% Dembélé Fulham 107 75% Parker Tottenham 106 71% Figueroa Wigan 105 70% Allen Swansea 102 73%

So jim jim, what are you saying you've 3 world class player's? gerrard, great tournemont, but his days of driving teams 4 ward and playing of the striker are numbered,where 4 years ago could wel have been world class, but now would probably make the bench of a pick of the euro's top 11, hardly WORLD CLASS. A tough tackling ex attacking midfielder hardly making his national squad., just because your squad is piss poor and you had no cover and totally missed him hardly makes him world class or perhaps it does for you. Now for canibal spectre boy suarez, one in 3 aint bad for the prem, but miss's far to many chances to be clasified as 'world class'

So jim jim, what are you saying you've 3 world class player's? gerrard, great tournemont, but his days of driving teams 4 ward and playing of the striker are numbered,where 4 years ago could wel have been world class, but now would probably make the bench of a pick of the euro's top 11, hardly WORLD CLASS. A tough tackling ex attacking midfielder hardly making his national squad., just because your squad is piss poor and you had no cover and totally missed him hardly makes him world class or perhaps it does for you. Now for canibal spectre boy suarez, one in 3 aint bad for the prem, but miss's far to many chances to be clasified as 'world class'

do you want to define 'WORLD CLASS' then rijit? think it is a nonsense term myself and always has been really.

do you want to define 'WORLD CLASS' then rijit? think it is a nonsense term myself and always has been really.

Agreed, a totally over used often inappropriate term, And very difficult/ impossible to define but could a bench mark be leading average teams to world cup final triumphs?, not sure. But defo should be reserved for real elite, in my time only Pele and maradona meet that criterion, with the uk offering only Best for sheer well documented ability and the effervescent Gazza only those 2, imo, have had the required skill set to get anywhere near that level.

Edited by rijit

You forgot to add golden gloves to that list, and after spending over 100mill still did not make the top 6.

Well you need to ask Jim as he is the one who describe's some of your team as this

Posted Today, 05:46

but we have some good players already plus a few world class ones

I'll pick one bit out of that lot as i can't be bothered really !

the player who made the most tackles in the Premier League 2010-11
so a player with the most tackles makes him world class 24.gif, here is this seasons top tacklers list,now tell me who is world class out of this lot

Cabaye Newcastle 111 70% Dembélé Fulham 107 75% Parker Tottenham 106 71% Figueroa Wigan 105 70% Allen Swansea 102 73%

Quite frankly Lucas's tackling stats are in a totally different league to 'this seasons top tacklers list'.

For 2010/11 he made 172 tackles (ave. 5.4) which made him comfortably top of all the leagues across Europe.

For 2011/12 he continued in much the same vein. Although he only made 68 tackles (@76%), he only played 12x (averaging 5.7). This compares to Cabaye whose 111 took 38 games (averaging 2.9).

10m doesn't sound bad business, he looks a good player but someone you would need to build around to get the best out of him and I am not sure he is that good yet...its the same old shit, we need to buy better than what we have. The key in this is how much Rodgers wants him, he clearly feels he will fit the system he wants to introduce to LFC.

Abrak says its not a area of priority- based on our current squad and performances last year ( urgent are - striker, winger CDM back up) BUT surely this now depends on who the manager wants to let go or bring in as I can't see him sticking with the same squad for his type of game - it doesn't add up for me. And my suspicions are the owners are not going to pump money in unless we sell, so I am expecting a few shock sells to bring players in. And I have no idea who is managing our transfers - the Manager or Ian Air?

I hear that Liverpool are not prepared to pay his wage demands, that is the trouble with players or agents these days, had he gone to the swans he would not of been earning what Liverpool are prepared to pay him but lets face it in todays game it is all about greed how much can I get and nothing else Loyalty is no longer in the vocabulary of todays modern day footballer's

I hear that Liverpool are not prepared to pay his wage demands, that is the trouble with players or agents these days, had he gone to the swans he would not of been earning what Liverpool are prepared to pay him but lets face it in todays game it is all about greed how much can I get and nothing else Loyalty is no longer in the vocabulary of todays modern day footballer's

While i agree with what you say 100% that there are far too many mercenary players/agents even managers, we are going to be in the shit with these tight-arsed, cheap Charlie owners we have at present bah.gif

Penkoprod

While i agree with what you say 100% that there are far too many mercenary players/agents even managers, we are going to be in the shit with these tight-arsed, cheap Charlie owners we have at present bah.gif

Penkoprod

But didn't they pay 35m for Carroll 23.gif

Penkoprod

coffee1.gif

Agreed, a totally over used often inappropriate term, And very difficult/ impossible to define but could a bench mark be leading average teams to world cup final triumphs?, not sure. But defo should be reserved for real elite, in my time only Pele and maradona meet that criterion, with the uk offering only Best for sheer well documented ability and the effervescent Gazza only those 2, imo, have had the required skill set to get anywhere near that level.

it's a really difficult one to categorise and pigeonhole. are you talking about 'world class' meaning the best 5 players ever? best 10? would the player get in a best of all time XI?

steven gerrard has definitely been world class you see, for a few years of his career at least. maybe longer even. as in was he in the top handful of players in the world at that time, which between about 2005 and 2009 he certainly was. not sure paul gascoigne ever was. talented as anything yeah but didn't particularly achieve much in his career really.

and hadn't we just received 50m for torres.

come on alfie, you can do better than that. don't make me go bracketing you with nev in the thick lads sat in the corner gang.

come on alfie, you can do better than that. don't make me go bracketing you with nev in the thick lads sat in the corner gang.

You can look at it which ever way you like you still paid 35m for Carrol, and as for your snide comment, i would much rather be sat in the thick lads in the corner than be a scouser, i bow to your intelligence.

Yeah i know, but i just like to mention now and then that you paid 35m for Donkey <deleted> 4.gif

it's a really difficult one to categorise and pigeonhole. are you talking about 'world class' meaning the best 5 players ever? best 10? would the player get in a best of all time XI?

steven gerrard has definitely been world class you see, for a few years of his career at least. maybe longer even. as in was he in the top handful of players in the world at that time, which between about 2005 and 2009 he certainly was. not sure paul gascoigne ever was. talented as anything yeah but didn't particularly achieve much in his career really.

Yes, I think world class should be reserved for truly the greats and for sure gazza was the nearest weve have had to that, U think there's doubt? google sir alex's comments on him, Pre injury Gazza could do things on football pitch that still to this day, probably with the exception of maradona, i've yet to other footballers do. His injury on civy street was severe enuf for him to be classified as disabled and yet he still performed at the top level. Over the years We can reel of the players that at some point, for a short time, in their career at there position they have been have been amongst the worlds best , gerrard, owen, beckham, cole, Moore, Greaves, dalgliesh, keegan, the list can go on and on we've had more than enuf, but they fall well short of the true elite, perhaps to call them international quality footballers would be more appropriate.

. ,

Edited by rijit