Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18296948

What is the BBC on about Liverpool fans are unique... carmine ??

At the height of their powers, the great Anfield managers of the past have had the influence of a spiritual leader and for those seeking those qualities in Rodgers, his message must have been a seductive one.

Few Anfield debuts have displayed as much conviction, charisma and confidence. At times he was firm, at others eloquent - it was clear he was alive to the feelings and sensitivities of this unique fan base.

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Oh for Gods sake!!! were so f_cking special, rafa loves us and we have a huge persecution complex and you don't understand us..............take a day off. Yes that right, you're soooo special. Now, can i have my hub caps back please.

Finally agreeing, good to have you on board. Hub caps?????????? showing your age there mate, and your slightly archaic stance on the people of Liverpool

The most dangerous city in the UK

Manchester

Birmingham

Bristol

Glasgow

all cities can be, dependant on the street crime culture at the time..

Most dangerous cities for car theft: 1. Leeds 2. Bristol 3. Manchester according tohttp://www.endsleigh...dia/new…

their site also says:

Key Findings – City by City

Leeds is the worst city in the UK for car theft and appears in the top ten for accidents. Drivers in Leeds are twice as likely to suffer motor theft as drivers nationwide. However, despite its ranking, incidences of both car theft and accidents in the city have gone down. Birmingham is the second most dangerous city for motor accidents, but it falls outside of the top ten for theft. Manchester ranks as the third most dangerous city in the UK for both accidents and theft.

A bit old but interesting

Bore off nelly, theres a good girl

What's the matter luv? got your knickers in a twist about being wrong....again.coffee1.gifclap2.gif there's a good??????

he's a gobshite rentaquote who is from wigan yet gave a million pounds to the conservative party jack. he also named wigan's bloody stadium after himself. couple of typically hypocritical soundbites from him:

"What I don't want to do is find money for foreign players who come here with the attitude of, 'I want the money'. They bring great skills but they have also taken a hell of a lot of money out of our game, and some of them haven't given value for money. What you get from most home-grown players is effort, and some of the foreign lads don't give 100 per cent. Not all, but some."

"Sam (Allardyce) has been brilliant. He has had a go. He has done deals, and while some have worked for him, others have been a complete waste of time. Who wants to watch foreigners every week? I don't mind one or two, but not seven or eight. There should be a limit on foreign players, and if we get up I want to sign good young Brits where I can."

he doesn't have to subscribe to the morning star, he just has to be not a tory. particularly in the north-west of the country. he's a typically hypocritical tory shithouse, not a "decent bloke".

Basically you don't like him because he is tory then! w00t.gif

he's a gobshite rentaquote who is from wigan yet gave a million pounds to the conservative party jack. he also named wigan's bloody stadium after himself. couple of typically hypocritical soundbites from him:

"What I don't want to do is find money for foreign players who come here with the attitude of, 'I want the money'. They bring great skills but they have also taken a hell of a lot of money out of our game, and some of them haven't given value for money. What you get from most home-grown players is effort, and some of the foreign lads don't give 100 per cent. Not all, but some."

"Sam (Allardyce) has been brilliant. He has had a go. He has done deals, and while some have worked for him, others have been a complete waste of time. Who wants to watch foreigners every week? I don't mind one or two, but not seven or eight. There should be a limit on foreign players, and if we get up I want to sign good young Brits where I can."

he doesn't have to subscribe to the morning star, he just has to be not a tory. particularly in the north-west of the country. he's a typically hypocritical tory shithouse, not a "decent bloke".

it's one reason. as stated above gobshite, rentaquote, hypocrite, tory. self-promoter. take your pick. though if you are from the north-west yourself there's only one way that you should view tories really isn't there?

it's one reason. as stated above gobshite, rentaquote, hypocrite, tory. self-promoter. take your pick. though if you are from the north-west yourself there's only one way that you should view tories really isn't there?

How about starting a politics in football thread?

I like you Steve, but you dont half talk <deleted> sometimes!cheesy.gif

jack, if pointing out the hypocrisy and gobshitery of a party-donating conservative football club owner based in the north-west of the country is <deleted>, consider me fluent. i have lots of liverpool supporting mates. i have a number of mates who support man united, man city and everton as well. not one of them is a tory or a conservative voter.

i have lots of liverpool supporting mates. i have a number of mates who support man united, man city and everton as well. not one of them is a tory or a conservative voter.

I must say I am most impressed by your knowledge and understanding of Liverpool FC (and football in general) and I often read your posts on this thread and think I couldn't agree more with your insightful words of wisdom. However, I am really confused as to the connection between a man's favourite football team and his politics.

I myself have many friends who support football teams based in the North West of England, including fellow Liverpool supporters. Most of these people, like most of my friends in general, either vote for the conservatives (or do not have the right or inclination to vote in UK elections), although I don't see the relevance of their political views to their footballing preferences.

Please could you enlighten us on the connection between politics and football; we should probably also inform FIFA as they have strict rules against such political involvement. If David Cameron is planning to force the FA to banish us from the English football league, I will have to consider voting for UKIP next time.

• Like 2

i have lots of liverpool supporting mates. i have a number of mates who support man united, man city and everton as well. not one of them is a tory or a conservative voter.

I must say I am most impressed by your knowledge and understanding of Liverpool FC (and football in general) and I often read your posts on this thread and think I couldn't agree more with your insightful words of wisdom. However, I am really confused as to the connection between a man's favourite football team and his politics.

I myself have many friends who support football teams based in the North West of England, including fellow Liverpool supporters. Most of these people, like most of my friends in general, either vote for the conservatives (or do not have the right or inclination to vote in UK elections), although I don't see the relevance of their political views to their footballing preferences.

Please could you enlighten us on the connection between politics and football; we should probably also inform FIFA as they have strict rules against such political involvement. If David Cameron is planning to force the FA to banish us from the English football league, I will have to consider voting for UKIP next time.

IMO There's no connection really , Just traditionally the tories absolutely shit on the north west of England, so from my limited time spent in the north west there seems to be an inherent mistrust of them

Very good post and you won't get an answer!

sorry, you're either making it up or your friends are not liverpool supporters. you cannot be a tory and a liverpool fan, they are mutually exclusive. and if you can't see the connection between the city of liverpool and the football club(s) and consequently the city and national politics then that's your problem. but it's very real.

thatcher's government planned to abandon the city of liverpool in the 80s. this is now documented. a 'managed decline' it was called. successive conservative governments throughout the 20th century conducted a war of attrition on the north of england, which included the prosperity and future of the north-west. anti-unionism policies of conservative governments have always struck at the working classes and sought to disrupt and destroy northern communities, traditionally labour heartlands.

which is not to mention hillsborough and the stage-managed thatcher/SYP disgrace: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/12/tanked-up-mob-hillsborough-police-thatcher

the 'managed decline': http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16355281

if you vote conservative now you're not a liverpool supporter. sorry. never mind fuc_king UKIP.

IMO There's no connection really , Just traditionally the tories absolutely shit on the north west of England, so from my limited time spent in the north west there seems to be an inherent mistrust of them

the football clubs - liverpool and everton - are intrinsically linked to the city. they were what the working man and his lad did on the dad's half-day off every other saturday to distract from the daily grind. they were the release. they are part of the city and its people. so there's every connection between tories shitting on the city and the impact that has on the politics of the city's football fans. and it's more than a mistrust too.

• Like 1

I understand where StevieH is coming from but think it is more a refection of his own strong feelings more than anything else, as is the case with me.

As an Evertonian (4 of us in an extended family of 40, the rest being sad, deluded Liverpool fans), I can say not one member of my family would ever vote Conservative, and nor would I. Ever, after seeing what happened to Liverpool in the 1980s.

But that's just a strongly held, bitter, personal grievance of mine. It doesn't affect my opinion of others who don't share that social background. They can do what they want, vote for who they want, pray to who they want (if they're really stupid) and I certainly wouldn't generalise about a fan base on the back of my own opinions.

None of my mates, either Everton or Liverpool supporters, would vote Conservative either ,but again that's because most of them are my age, from a working class-background, and saw the 80s in Liverpool as well.

But I'm clear about one thing - there are more Tory Liverpool supporters than Everton ones, because all that Boot Room History, Liverpool Way stuff; it's all the same rosy-tinted "Little England" Nostalgia nonsense that underpins a lot of unthinking Conservative support.

Whereas Everton is the self-proclaimed "Peoples" Club"!

Stevie, if I've convinced you, send me a PM and I'll get you enrolled at Goodison asap.biggrin.png

• Like 2

No I would tend to agree with that.

There are likely to be more Tory voting Liverpool supporters than Everton supporters as there really arent that many Everton supporters in the first place.

Actually I can tell there are a few Tory voting Liverpool supporters out there. They are the ones that talk about needing a manager with a good 'pedigree'. Someone like Capello who has a jolly nice art collection dont you know!

There are likely to be more Tory voting Liverpool supporters than Everton supporters as there really arent that many Everton supporters in the first place.

Actually I can tell there are a few Tory voting Liverpool supporters out there. They are the ones that talk about needing a manager with a good 'pedigree'. Someone like Capello who has a jolly nice art collection dont you know!

Isn't it the case that the majority of people that live in the city of Liverpool support Everton? I ask the question and this has been claimed by more than the odd evertonian and they draw a comparison to manchester.

Isn't it the case that the majority of people that live in the city of Liverpool support Everton? I ask the question and this has been claimed by more than the odd evertonian and they draw a comparison to manchester.

Yes, that's true.

(I'm just saying that - I really reckon it's 50-50, depending on where you are in Liverpool).

But the ruthless evil Corporate Megabuck Multinational that is Liverpool Football Club has brainwashed many more people outside of Liverpool than Everton has.

If LFC "PLC" were called Blackwater, they'd all be up in arms about them.

Come to think about it......

sorry, you're either making it up or your friends are not liverpool supporters. you cannot be a tory and a liverpool fan, they are mutually exclusive. and if you can't see the connection between the city of liverpool and the football club(s) and consequently the city and national politics then that's your problem. but it's very real.

thatcher's government planned to abandon the city of liverpool in the 80s. this is now documented. a 'managed decline' it was called. successive conservative governments throughout the 20th century conducted a war of attrition on the north of england, which included the prosperity and future of the north-west. anti-unionism policies of conservative governments have always struck at the working classes and sought to disrupt and destroy northern communities, traditionally labour heartlands.

which is not to mention hillsborough and the stage-managed thatcher/SYP disgrace: http://www.guardian....police-thatcher

the 'managed decline': http://www.bbc.co.uk...eyside-16355281

if you vote conservative now you're not a liverpool supporter. sorry. never mind fuc_king UKIP.

Interesting, although most of this happened before I was born and all before I got my first Liverpool shirt (20 years ago) so you must understand why it is difficult for me to see the connection.

I believe this thread is not about politics but I think it is worth noting that the Labour party, through higher taxes and expansion of the welfare state (as just 2 examples), have done some pretty awful things to the country, including Liverpool, over more recent years.

Moreover, not all working-class people vote for Labour, not all people from Liverpool are working-class and not all Liverpool Football Club supporters are from Liverpool. Neither are most of the players, the manager or the owners.

As an aside, Liverpool Football Club was founded by John Houlding, who was a conservative councillor and later mayor of Liverpool.

• Like 1

I'm a Liverpool supporter.

I was born in Merseyside.

I'm working class (from the point of view that I had to work)

I was Church of England.

I voted Tory (despite the futility of it)

But I may be the exception.

It took a long time to get Religion out of football (still haven't managed it in Scotland) Political leanings do still exist however.

I was Church of England.

Thank you Thaddy and a warm welcome to TVA (Tory Voters Anonymous). Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

OK, who's next?

• Like 2

I dont think that is true anymore - certainly not since Sky invented football.

It was certainly the case in the 1960s and 1970s that Liverpool was fairly evenly split between the two clubs and Everton often used to have the higher match attendances.

Things are pretty desperate at Everton nowadays. They cant fill their stadium and match attendances are at 17 year lows. Arguably Liverpool is just too small a city to have two big teams.

Fukin tories think the world revolves around gettin away with lower taxes!!!!!

Yeah will be interesting to see whose sold this summer, and a fully fit Joe cole with a point to prove, could well be a major asset,Imo, still capable of making an impact in the prem.

Very good post and you won't get an answer!

The answer is simple.

fans Croydon are there Man Utd many in.

Just rearrange the words and you will reach enlightenment. biggrin.png

But I'm clear about one thing - there are more Tory Liverpool supporters than Everton ones, because all that Boot Room History, Liverpool Way stuff; it's all the same rosy-tinted "Little England" Nostalgia nonsense that underpins a lot of unthinking Conservative support.

Whereas Everton is the self-proclaimed "Peoples" Club"!

Stevie, if I've convinced you, send me a PM and I'll get you enrolled at Goodison asap.biggrin.png

heh. way too late for that mate. i've enjoyed winning things other than sympathy too much to ever go that way.

i don't know about there being more tory-voting reds than blues, but there's black sheep in every family. but things like hillsborough, the toxteth riots and the dockers union are all ingrained in the city and inextricably linked to thatcher and the tories. so even setting aside genuine humanitarian reasons for not voting for the bastards it's not surprising that liverpool just elected its first ever mayor and he's a labour man.

blair and his cronies and the new labour project have a lot to answer for regards any foothold the tories have on merseyside.

incidentally there's a famous photo of emlyn hughes kissing thatcher outside downing street, and he was a self-confessed tory voter. this lost him a lot of love from reds fans.

I was Church of England.

It took a long time to get Religion out of football (still haven't managed it in Scotland) Political leanings do still exist however.

then you baffle me i'm afraid thaddeus. i don't understand how a liverpool fan who loves the club and the city and who has seen what conservative governments and figures did to it over the years could possibly vote for that party. it's like buying a pint for the bloke who is fuc_king your wife.

@ StevieH (and others)

Let's go back to talking about football...

Who should Liverpool buy / sell this summer?

Who should be in the first-team next season?

ok fair dos lid.

i think it's going to be dependent on who rodgers sees as fitting into his plans and ethos. i don't particularly think that carragher is going to fit into his way of playing, and he's on big money. so if carra wants to move on to play somewhere else and free up 90 grand a week in wages then perhaps it's bye bye jamie. think maxi will probably be moved on (wouldn't myself) and aquilani will be sold for a tenner to udinese. other than that other possible departures might include charlie adam and spearing maybe.

we need more pace and movement out wide, including a decent ball carrier who can run at teams. that's a priority really, a top class left-sided attacker. because i don't think downing's suddenly going to discover a pair of testicles in poland. we need cover at centre mid - this could yet be gylfi sigurdsson - and think we need another ball winner there too. maybe the lad diame on a free from wigan. we still need another striker too, one whose job it is to simply finish chances. think that carroll will start next season though, and if rodgers likes his 4-3-3 again then suarez will play right off him.

could be interesting if city do offer us silly money for skrtel. that would give us another 20-odd million to play with and we've got a probably ready-made replacement for him sitting there in coates.

I was Church of England.

then you baffle me i'm afraid thaddeus. i don't understand how a liverpool fan who loves the club and the city and who has seen what conservative governments and figures did to it over the years could possibly vote for that party. it's like buying a pint for the bloke who is fuc_king your wife.

I think his point is that if it wasn't THAT bloke, it would be the next door neighbour - and he was a real gobshite !

Harsh on downing mate for me he's never afraid 2 have a go , but as the game goes on does tend to fade, but he;s your only winger, imo 2 get the best out of them they need to operate in pairs, like dyer and sinclair, bale lennon But Yeah rodgers likes his 433 ,if he carries that over good footballing c/f with some pace outside, might he start with Carroll,downing plus one other, I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt go bac 4 sinclair he's one really outstanding winger. tbh honest suerez brill player as he is, on first looks dont fit that style, Could he be sold to finance the rebuild? but what the fuc do i know. And aquuillanie, its a shame not seen hardly any thing of him, came with A huge reputation but from the little ive seen of him, couldnt he do the same job as Britton does?. As 4 carragher, I know his pace has TOTALLY gone but as long as u don't use him as a fullback,couldn't he do a job as c/b for another season then player coach? after all isnt he on a longish contract?

Edited by rijit