Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Young does it all the time, mate. All the time. Admittedly he does it less with Fergie calling him out on it, but remember against City last season?

Yep, fair enough, this one didn't look good, but i still think his ratio of dives per game pales in comparison.

Personally I have never seen Suarez do this.

You have now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEWmZE7d8g

To be fair rix, you cant see Distins left hand. It looks to me as though he touches Suarez in the back, but then Suarez makes a meal of it. Which is my point. He goes down after contact but over dramatically

He's a disgrace, and richly deserves the contempt he's held in by most people other than Liverpool fans.

His undoubted skills are overshadowed by his histrionics, play-acting and cheating. The sooner he goes, the better for the club and for English football.

Ignore the handshake stuff on this, but before it some great Suarez cheating moments, my favourite being around 2.03 minutes when he is viciously knifed in the head by that goalie.

To be fair rix, you cant see Distins left hand. It looks to me as though he touches Suarez in the back, but then Suarez makes a meal of it. Which is my point. He goes down after contact but over dramatically

Mate there is contact and there is contact. One thing to get lightly nudged and go down, but receiving a brush akin to someone stroking you with the fine end of a feather, that is barely discernible even after close scrutiny of super slow-mo, is another. Just think you are being highly generous to not call that cheating, and to suggest that all Suarez's dives are in some way justified, seems far-fetched to me.

Perhaps it's just that he hasn't got up to his antics quite so much when playing against you? Easier to be philosophical about these things when the "crimes" are committed against others.

he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

Complete BS. As carmine says, he is as bad as all the others... actually worse.

And speaking of whom, you repeatedly go on about Young and Bale as being the worst offenders; well with regards Young for United, there were two high profile penalties that he won last season, one of which was a clear dive with i suspect no contact, the other was when the defender grabbed the back of his shirt as he broke through on goal - definitely not grabbed sufficiently to make a person go down, but grabbed nonetheless. Those are the only incidents, Premier League wise, i can think of with him. With Bale it is the same. I recall a couple of well publicized incidents, but no more than that.

Now with Suarez, thinking back through all the games i saw last season, i don't think a single game went by when he didn't perform at least two or three blatant dives with the full compliment of rolly-pollies. He even does it <deleted> when he's on the half way line! I really do think you are deluding yourself on this one.

"Doesn't outright dive" my arse.

I'm sorry but you're full of it to say he's "actually worse."

Worse than the others? Hardly. I've seen Welbeck and others dive repeatedly with no contact. Like here:

You obviously have your opinion about Suarez and nobody's going to change it. But I think it's easy to have that opinion about him because he's one of those diving South Americans right? I've rarely seen a blatant dive from him and seen more instances of other players diving under no contact whatsoever than Suarez, and often they're excused by those in the press while with Suarez because most of what he does is complain and draw attention to actual contact, which obviously most of us realize except you.

He was the most fouled player in the league last year if I'm not mistaken, because he's so skillful players resort to kicking him. I think I'd get a bit frustrated and try to get some protection by drawing attention to actual contact if I was him, too.

As a Norwich fan, looking forward to your visit on Saturday. Just like you we have been playing well, but can't score a goal. Grant Holt is due a brace, just to warn you,lol.

Good luck, should be a good game, although Norwich not such an attacking side as last season

I hope Norwich starts to do much better than they have, starting at the training ground on Monday after reflecting on Saturday's loss to Liverpool. :)

He's a disgrace, and richly deserves the contempt he's held in by most people other than Liverpool fans.

His undoubted skills are overshadowed by his histrionics, play-acting and cheating. The sooner he goes, the better for the club and for English football.

Ignore the handshake stuff on this, but before it some great Suarez cheating moments, my favourite being around 2.03 minutes when he is viciously knifed in the head by that goalie.

To be fair i have made my opinions on the racism issue clear and too much has been said already on the LS/Evra business but some of the other clips shown on this video are painful to watch. His capacity to humiliate himself on the field of play is unbelievable. The rolling around clucthing his head! <deleted>, i almost wished someone had stamped him to teach him a lesson.

he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

Complete BS. As carmine says, he is as bad as all the others... actually worse.

And speaking of whom, you repeatedly go on about Young and Bale as being the worst offenders; well with regards Young for United, there were two high profile penalties that he won last season, one of which was a clear dive with i suspect no contact, the other was when the defender grabbed the back of his shirt as he broke through on goal - definitely not grabbed sufficiently to make a person go down, but grabbed nonetheless. Those are the only incidents, Premier League wise, i can think of with him. With Bale it is the same. I recall a couple of well publicized incidents, but no more than that.

Now with Suarez, thinking back through all the games i saw last season, i don't think a single game went by when he didn't perform at least two or three blatant dives with the full compliment of rolly-pollies. He even does it <deleted> when he's on the half way line! I really do think you are deluding yourself on this one.

"Doesn't outright dive" my arse.

Worse than the others? Hardly. I've seen Welbeck and others dive repeatedly with no contact. Like here:

You obviously have your opinion about Suarez and nobody's going to change it. But I think it's easy to have that opinion about him because he's one of those diving South Americans right? I've rarely seen a blatant dive from him and seen more instances of other players diving under no contact whatsoever than Suarez, and often they're excused by those in the press while with Suarez because most of what he does is complain and draw attention to actual contact, which obviously most of us realize except you.

He was the most fouled player in the league last year if I'm not mistaken, because he's so skillful players resort to kicking him. I think I'd get a bit frustrated and try to get some protection by drawing attention to actual contact if I was him, too.

Out of curiosity did you see the performance Suarez put in a white hart lane last season? He was a f*cking disgrace and were it not for a blind ref he should have been sent off for violent behaviour or as the courts would call it ABH

I'm not interested whether he's south american or from wherever, i don't care who he plays for, thats also irrelevent. What is relevent is that he has a very nasty side to his game. I've seen it on tv and whilst he is a very fine player, it marrs his game. It seems that for the most part only Liverpool fans are in denial of this

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Being South American has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

And showing clips of other players diving proves nothing about Suarez, it just proves that other players dive too, which i don't think has ever been a matter of contention, has it?

And for you to say, I've rarely seen a blatant dive from him just shows the level of delusion that exists at the club that treats him as some sort of golden boy who can do no wrong.

Football is starting to get on my nerves. Most of my mates are rugby fans and think that footballers are fairies, rolling around after the slightest touch. I used to be able to honestly argue about that, but no longer. They are either fairies or cheats, I think the right choice is cheats. I've said this before and I'll say it again, footballers cheat for a result. The rewards are high and punishments small. I agree with Puliss, ban a cheat for 3 games. Start with diving in the area and spread it out to other areas when they get the message about that. If we lose Suarez for some games, fair enough. I'm pretty sure other teams will be in the same boat

Football is starting to get on my nerves. Most of my mates are rugby fans and think that footballers are fairies, rolling around after the slightest touch. I used to be able to honestly argue about that, but no longer. They are either fairies or cheats, I think the right choice is cheats. I've said this before and I'll say it again, footballers cheat for a result. The rewards are high and punishments small. I agree with Puliss, ban a cheat for 3 games. Start with diving in the area and spread it out to other areas when they get the message about that. If we lose Suarez for some games, fair enough. I'm pretty sure other teams will be in the same boat

Couldn't agree more.

I remember a season or two back when Nani was at the height of his diving exploits, our manager saying it was because of the speed he ran at defenders, and their inability to cope with his skills, that put him on the deck so often. Bit like the excuses we hear now from certain Liverpool quarters regarding Suarez. Thought it was a crock of <deleted> myself. Perhaps SAF knew he was speaking <deleted> as well, as Nani has modified the way he plays, and i imagine this was down to the manager.

Mate there is contact and there is contact. One thing to get lightly nudged and go down, but receiving a brush akin to someone stroking you with the fine end of a feather, that is barely discernible even after close scrutiny of super slow-mo, is another. Just think you are being highly generous to not call that cheating, and to suggest that all Suarez's dives are in some way justified, seems far-fetched to me.

Perhaps it's just that he hasn't got up to his antics quite so much when playing against you? Easier to be philosophical about these things when the "crimes" are committed against others.

I agree with you. The only thing we disagree on is what one has to do to cheat? I am sure everyone has their opinion. My point was that I believe the real cheaters are those where there is NO CONTACT and they dive. To me that is blatant cheating. I already said I dont like the way Suarez goes down, but there is some contact, on the occasions I have seen him.

Pulis made a good point yesterday. 3 game ban for a player seen to be diving. But the FA will do FA as per usual

Couldn't agree more.

I remember a season or two back when Nani was at the height of his diving exploits, our manager saying it was because of the speed he ran at defenders, and their inability to cope with his skills, that put him on the deck so often. Bit like the excuses we hear now from certain Liverpool quarters regarding Suarez. Thought it was a crock of <deleted> myself. Perhaps SAF knew he was speaking <deleted> as well, as Nani has modified the way he plays, and i imagine this was down to the manager.

Modified to sh*te......much better player when he dived and cried about being tackled....not that we really give a sh*te about your players, not as much as you do ours anywaythumbsup.gif

As a Norwich fan, looking forward to your visit on Saturday. Just like you we have been playing well, but can't score a goal. Grant Holt is due a brace, just to warn you,lol.

Good luck, should be a good game, although Norwich not such an attacking side as last season

and to you mate. who is your right winger? is it bennett?

hahahaha. it's reassuring to know that there are still blues like you around.

I agree with you. The only thing we disagree on is what one has to do to cheat? I am sure everyone has their opinion. My point was that I believe the real cheaters are those where there is NO CONTACT and they dive. To me that is blatant cheating. I already said I dont like the way Suarez goes down, but there is some contact, on the occasions I have seen him.

Pulis made a good point yesterday. 3 game ban for a player seen to be diving. But the FA will do FA as per usual

Fair enough but i think if you study all of Suarez's dives, you'll be hard pushed to maintain this line of "he only ever goes down when touched". Simply not true.

Pulis made a great point, but of course with the managers, the proof in the pudding is actually advocating the ban when it is one of their own players doing the cheating. Would like to see the day that happens.

Couldn't agree more.

Modified to sh*te......much better player when he dived and cried about being tackled....not that we really give a sh*te about your players, not as much as you do ours anywaythumbsup.gif

Nope not really. When he was doing all the diving, he was crap most of the time, with flashes of brilliance... and today he is much the same.

As for giving a <deleted> about your players, i don't actually give a <deleted> about any player, yours or mine, i give a <deleted> about my club.

there is some contact

But football is actually a contact sport. Having contact doesn't automatically mean it'a a foul.

And trying to turn legitimate contact into a foul by exaggeration/simulation is equally as bad as diving when there is no contact at all. So is exaggerating/feigning injury.

The media and commentators have helped create this problem by continually saying 'there was contact'. Somebody should explain to them that having contact isn't a foul in itself.

Pulis does make a good point but in my opinion doesn't go far enough. I've said on here before I think the video of all matches should be viewed and assessed by an independent panel of referees. Anybody caught cheating, for a first offence, should be banned for five matches, fined two months wages PLUS have a three point deduction for their club if it's a league match (double it for a second offence) or expulsion from the competition if it's a cup game. The managers would make sure no player of theirs cheated.

Red and yellow cards could also be rescinded, and given, if the referee 'got it wrong'.

I'd also like to see the officials microphones played over the tannoy system. Firstly the crowd would know why decisions were given and secondly no player would want to risk having is verbal abuse and/or swearing heard by the crowd. So the Suarez/Terry incidents, where they're trying to wind opponents up, would virtually cease and the players would also stop abusing the match officials like they do now. The managers would have to be careful what they say to the forth official as well.

Couldn't agree more.

Nope not really. When he was doing all the diving, he was crap most of the time, with flashes of brilliance... and today he is much the same.

As for giving a <deleted> about your players, i don't actually give a <deleted> about any player, yours or mine, i give a <deleted> about my club.

As should we all........but I just can't help being biased.....the nature of the beast.

there is some contact

But football is actually a contact sport. Having contact doesn't automatically mean it'a a foul.

And trying to turn legitimate contact into a foul by exaggeration/simulation is equally as bad as diving when there is no contact at all. So is exaggerating/feigning injury.

The media and commentators have helped create this problem by continually saying 'there was contact'. Somebody should explain to them that having contact isn't a foul in itself.

Pulis does make a good point but in my opinion doesn't go far enough. I've said on here before I think the video of all matches should be viewed and assessed by an independent panel of referees. Anybody caught cheating, for a first offence, should be banned for five matches, fined two months wages PLUS have a three point deduction for their club if it's a league match (double it for a second offence) or expulsion from the competition if it's a cup game. The managers would make sure no player of theirs cheated.

Red and yellow cards could also be rescinded, and given, if the referee 'got it wrong'.

I'd also like to see the officials microphones played over the tannoy system. Firstly the crowd would know why decisions were given and secondly no player would want to risk having is verbal abuse and/or swearing heard by the crowd. So the Suarez/Terry incidents, where they're trying to wind opponents up, would virtually cease and the players would also stop abusing the match officials like they do now. The managers would have to be careful what they say to the forth official as well.

I like your style mate. can we vote for you to get in the FA. i think as fans of the game, as well as our clubs, we would all like to see these kind of rules implemented. Obviously, only as long as it does not affect our clubs ( that's only there for future complaints by me. Again I cannot help be biased, it's the nature of the beast)

Yeah, and about that - I'm totally fed up with Liverpool fans this season (and for the last three, in fact). You can't give Everton anything can you, won't leave anything for us? All this moaning, complaining, unfairness, bemoaning - all that bitterness. It's supposed to be OURS!wink.png

• Like 1

Yeah, and about that - I'm totally fed up with Liverpool fans this season (and for the last three, in fact). You can't give Everton anything can you, won't leave anything for us? All this moaning, complaining, unfairness, bemoaning - all that bitterness. It's supposed to be OURS!wink.png

:D

haven't said anything to you about this but the everton fans were simply wonderful last week. the match after the HIP verdict. fantastic stuff from a class bunch of fans that was.

rumoured reds team away to naaaarwich is:

Reina

Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson

Allen Sahin Gerrard

Sterling Suarez Suso

Not bad at all that, I hope Suso starts and plays just off Suarez he has that creative element we need. Happy for Wisdom to get more chances he been excellent so far.

Bit concerned Sahin just played 90 mins Wednesday and then might start today...but looked much better and bagged two goals against West Brom.

Edited by Devil

biggrin.png

haven't said anything to you about this but the everton fans were simply wonderful last week. the match after the HIP verdict. fantastic stuff from a class bunch of fans that was.

Yeah - as you know many Everton fans lost family and friends at Hillsborough, so it was great to see that display.

Not bad at all that, I hope Suso starts and plays just off Suarez he has that creative element we need. Happy for Wisdom to get more chances he been excellent so far.

Bit concerned Sahin just played 90 mins Wednesday and then might start today...but looked much better and bagged two goals against West Brom.

class act this lad is. didn't know he had these late bombing on runs into the box to his game. suso did really well too.

Only thing to be annoyed about in that game is a stonewall penalty not given, seemed bloody obvious in real time even before I saw the replay...and the fact that we keep making bad individual mistakes to give up goals. We also gave them a good 3 clear chances to score besides that.

Was loving the win of course and our finishing for once won it for us and great to get 3 points. But let's get some clean sheets!

Sterling had a great assist, and made a charging run with the ball to set up the move for the Sahin goal, and Suso looks really comfortable out there. Wisdom not bad, either. We really are blooding in the youngsters this season!

• Like 1

Only thing to be annoyed about in that game is a stonewall penalty not given, seemed bloody obvious in real time even before I saw the replay...and the fact that we keep making bad individual mistakes to give up goals. We also gave them a good 3 clear chances to score besides that.

Was loving the win of course and our finishing for once won it for us and great to get 3 points. But let's get some clean sheets!

Sterling had a great assist, and made a charging run with the ball to set up the move for the Sahin goal, and Suso looks really comfortable out there. Wisdom not bad, either. We really are blooding in the youngsters this season!

Its going to be a great season,you absolutely mullered Norwich by three goals thumbsup.gif well done.