Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

what does 'made a few changers' mean?

very good career carra, been great to watch him over the years.

Clanger stevie clangers.

Wouldn't know about that but a very decent pro and a loyal club man which is a great compliment in itself in this football age of pampered mercenary premadonas

7 own goals, the record being 8.

700 games for liverpool fc. european cup winner, uefa cup winner, couple of fa cups, few league cups. and you're focusing on the seven own goals? bizarre.

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

700 games for liverpool fc. european cup winner, uefa cup winner, couple of fa cups, few league cups. and you're focusing on the seven own goals? bizarre.

I always look at it the other way around too. I think Richard Dunne has the most but believe me, he was always in the thick of the action and so inevitably a certain % will go in your own goal. A defender who isn't getting in the way and doing his job won't score may OG's but he's pretty useless to a team. It's akin to someone doing 50,000 miles per year driving to work and getting caught speeding a few times. And the guy bragging that he has no speeding points actually walks to work!!

I always look at it the other way around too. I think Richard Dunne has the most but believe me, he was always in the thick of the action and so inevitably a certain % will go in your own goal. A defender who isn't getting in the way and doing his job won't score may OG's but he's pretty useless to a team. It's akin to someone doing 50,000 miles per year driving to work and getting caught speeding a few times. And the guy bragging that he has no speeding points actually walks to work!!

Theres the saying "if you are not working hard you won't make mistakes" or something similar. I'm sure everyne will get the jist. gary Mabbutt springs to mind who scored a couple of notable OG's but was a great player for Spurs

Edited by carmine

Stop being so precious, if you read my statement I paid the guy a compliment also. Jeez!!

I'm glad he's given up the battle to win a league title.

these days that's something you and your team can associate with...

Well we have won the Premier League. More than once.

But you're right, at least you're not as bad as the Tiny Totts. Most of their fans weren't even born when they last won the league.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

yeah just means he's always been in the thick of the action. also played with some right ropey goalkeepers too. i think carra's scored more goals against liverpool than he has for us. ;)

Stop being so precious, if you read my statement I paid the guy a compliment also. Jeez!!

a compliment from a fan of the small club that won the pools. he'll be made up.

What a strange result. Must be incredibly frustrating for Rodgers. Not sure of the thoughts of Liverpool fans but i thought that a very harsh penalty on West Brom.

Saying that you should have already won the game.

Why Lukaku wasn't recalled back to Chelsea i'll never know.

What a strange result. Must be incredibly frustrating for Rodgers. Not sure of the thoughts of Liverpool fans but i thought that a very harsh penalty on West Brom.

yeah bit of a soft peno. bad hit by gerrard too i thought, normally goes the other way and buries them. and if it's frustrating for rodgers then he might want to sort out the defending on the training pitch. because either we're not practicing defending dead-balls in training or we are practicing them and doing it really badly.

lukaku looked a lump when he arrived in england but he's come on a lot hasn't he? my bet on belgium for the 2014 world cup continues to look like a nice outsider.

yeah bit of a soft peno. bad hit by gerrard too i thought, normally goes the other way and buries them. and if it's frustrating for rodgers then he might want to sort out the defending on the training pitch. because either we're not practicing defending dead-balls in training or we are practicing them and doing it really badly.

lukaku looked a lump when he arrived in england but he's come on a lot hasn't he? my bet on belgium for the 2014 world cup continues to look like a nice outsider.

Lukaku bullied our center backs at WHL earlier in the season. They probably deserved to beat us.

A fit Belgium side looks formidable on paper doesn't it. With the right coach and the self belief they are worth a few quid for sure

yeah bit of a soft peno.

Call it what it is. Another bit of Suarez play-acting.

He didn't dive. He just went down too easily and thats why i called it a soft penalty. Hopefully no need to discuss this further!

oh go on, can we? it's not like it's been done to death or anything.

yeah bit of a soft peno.

He didn't dive. He just went down too easily and thats why i called it a soft penalty. Hopefully no need to discuss this further!

oh go on, can we? it's not like it's been done to death or anything.

No need to discuss. Like they say, a picture paints a thousand words...

Rodgers said:

"The effort was terrific, but the ball never fell for us. We probably should have got more from the game."

post-25623-0-38142000-1360663454_thumb.j

Edited by sharecropper
  • Like 1

The antics of the diver are a concern for teams that have to go to Anfield - as my team do on Sunday. Suarez has had way too many soft (dishonest) pens and I hope the ref will be wise to him. I see you boys are still breathing our exhaust fumes, with games running out too, but surely our minds will be on the cup, or will they? We haven't had a penalty all season despite a few stonewall shouts - perhaps it will be our turn.

Edited by citizen33

The antics of the diver are a concern for teams that have to go to Anfield - as my team do on Sunday. Suarez has had way too many soft (dishonest) pens and I hope the ref will be wise to him. I see you boys are still breathing our exhaust fumes, with games running out too, but surely our minds will be on the cup, or will they? We haven't had a penalty all season despite a few stonewall shouts - perhaps it will be our turn.

I was wondering when the old "exhaust fumes" comment would return......you must have been biding your time for the 6 rounds you've been sat behind us. Bless, you are now going to be 1 point in front for 6 days...enjoy

We've had 2 penalties all season hardly "way too many"

Edited by BangrakBob

What is definite is that Suarez needs a better team around him, and Man City need a Van Perise figure, so I'd bet money on him going there in the summer - or abroad. Assuming against all the odds that you don't have an unlikely, Brendan Rodgers-hot air inspired top 4 finish that is.

Very much doubt he will go anywhere this summer. He just signed a new contract last summer and has said only a month ago how happy he is here. If we don't make any progress next season I think he may start to consider it.

City need a decent manager. They haven't had one since the Arabs arrived. Mancini is over rated anyway. He bought the league at City and only won anything at Inter due to Juve and Milan being punished over the match fixing thing.

yeah bit of a soft peno.

Well there would certainly be less need to discuss it further if there weren't those trying to argue it didn't constitute a dive (why? because his legs simply gave way for no reason rather than his legs propelled him in a downwards and forwards direction onto the ground for no reason? - daft semantics), if there weren't those trying to argue that expressing disgust at his diving equates to condoning other sorts of cheating, equates to declaring that he is the only one who dives or cheats, if there weren't those trying to argue that we should simply accept diving as part of the game, if there weren't those trying to argue that the reason why Suarez's diving gets up people's noses isn't because of the way he dives, week in, week out, and more than most other players in the league, but because some people are simply against foreign players, if there weren't those decrying the injustice when he actually is fouled and the ref doesn't give it, as if all his attempts over the season to con the refs have played no part in that so called "injustice".

All the time there are people arguing all that nonsense, and all the time Suarez goes on diving, the discussion will go on, no matter how boring some people might find it.