Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

yeah bit of a soft peno.

Call it what it is. Another bit of Suarez play-acting.

He didn't dive. He just went down too easily and thats why i called it a soft penalty. Hopefully no need to discuss this further!

Well there would certainly be less need to discuss it further if there weren't those trying to argue it didn't constitute a dive (why? because his legs simply gave way for no reason rather than his legs propelled him in a downwards and forwards direction onto the ground for no reason? - daft semantics), if there weren't those trying to argue that expressing disgust at his diving equates to condoning other sorts of cheating, equates to declaring that he is the only one who dives or cheats, if there weren't those trying to argue that we should simply accept diving as part of the game, if there weren't those trying to argue that the reason why Suarez's diving gets up people's noses isn't because of the way he dives, week in, week out, and more than most other players in the league, but because some people are simply against foreign players, if there weren't those decrying the injustice when he actually is fouled and the ref doesn't give it, as if all his attempts over the season to con the refs have played no part in that so called "injustice".

All the time there are people arguing all that nonsense, and all the time Suarez goes on diving, the discussion will go on, no matter how boring some people might find it.

Yes dreadful isn't it. I mean, everyone else has seen the light yet he carries on diving and hitting the deck. Still carries on when every other player has stopped. A classic failure to move with the times! rolleyes.gif

I seem to remember Rooney going down very easily at WHL to con the ref into a penalty. he was practically appealing before he hit the deck. Didn't Gary Neville say recently on Sky that a certain player should have made it into the box and hit the deck adding that the guy missed an obvious chance to get a penalty? Isn't Neville a disciple of the Red Nose book of football?

Starting to sound very hypocritical i'm afraid

What a strange result. Must be incredibly frustrating for Rodgers. Not sure of the thoughts of Liverpool fans but i thought that a very harsh penalty on West Brom.

Saying that you should have already won the game.

Why Lukaku wasn't recalled back to Chelsea i'll never know.

The penalty was harsh, but the spot kick was harsher on the fans. Why has Stevi G suddenly decided to go the way of all the others and try to be clever. He was a superb penalty taker, picked his spot and crashed it in. Next we'll have Leighton Baines doing the same! (Nah I don't think so)

Lukaku is going to be one hell of a centre forward, not only is he strong, fast through the middle with a terrific shot, some of his first touches are first class. He will return to Chelsea and will surely take preference over both Ba and Torres.........I just hope going back to Chelsea doesn't mess him up.

Well there would certainly be less need to discuss it further if there weren't those trying to argue it didn't constitute a dive (why? because his legs simply gave way for no reason rather than his legs propelled him in a downwards and forwards direction onto the ground for no reason? - daft semantics), if there weren't those trying to argue that expressing disgust at his diving equates to condoning other sorts of cheating, equates to declaring that he is the only one who dives or cheats, if there weren't those trying to argue that we should simply accept diving as part of the game, if there weren't those trying to argue that the reason why Suarez's diving gets up people's noses isn't because of the way he dives, week in, week out, and more than most other players in the league, but because some people are simply against foreign players, if there weren't those decrying the injustice when he actually is fouled and the ref doesn't give it, as if all his attempts over the season to con the refs have played no part in that so called "injustice".

All the time there are people arguing all that nonsense, and all the time Suarez goes on diving, the discussion will go on, no matter how boring some people might find it.

Yes dreadful isn't it. I mean, everyone else has seen the light yet he carries on diving and hitting the deck. Still carries on when every other player has stopped. A classic failure to move with the times! rolleyes.gif

I seem to remember Rooney going down very easily at WHL to con the ref into a penalty. he was practically appealing before he hit the deck. Didn't Gary Neville say recently on Sky that a certain player should have made it into the box and hit the deck adding that the guy missed an obvious chance to get a penalty? Isn't Neville a disciple of the Red Nose book of football?

if there weren't those trying to argue that expressing disgust at his diving equates to condoning other sorts of cheating, equates to declaring that he is the only one who dives or cheats

You are clearly one of those then.

if there weren't those trying to argue that expressing disgust at his diving equates to condoning other sorts of cheating, equates to declaring that he is the only one who dives or cheats

You are clearly one of those then.

I just don't understand why everyones is singling out this guy when it happens in every game? It just sounds stupid. I'm not condoning anything. Its just so ridiculous that this one player seems to be the sole focus on the matter

• Like 1

I''m no big fan of Suarez, but it looked to me like he went down after being shoved in the back. Soft foul ? Yes. A blatant dive ? I don't think so. The guy was doing what the majority would have done in that situation. Again, I'm not a big Suarez fan, but he's being unfairly targeted by some now. IMHO.

• Like 1

I''m no big fan of Suarez, but it looked to me like he went down after being shoved in the back. Soft foul ? Yes. A blatant dive ? I don't think so. The guy was doing what the majority would have done in that situation. Again, I'm not a big Suarez fan, but he's being unfairly targeted by some now. IMHO.

Common sense prevails! thumbsup.gif

rubbish. he invented diving, the dirty foreign cheat. get with the program.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why everyones is singling out this guy when it happens in every game? It just sounds stupid. I'm not condoning anything. Its just so ridiculous that this one player seems to be the sole focus on the matter

Being "singled out" goes with the territory of being a) in a high profile team B) a high profile player c) one of those who cheats the most

Ronaldo ticked all the same boxes. To a lesser extent, Nani did too. They were "singled out", if that is how you want to describe it. Yes, the poor darlings. Cheating and then getting flack for it... and getting more flack than others. The unfairness of it all...terrible.

The oh so predictable race card.

Anywhere else on the pitch and all that was, was two players running side by side in a fight for the ball, with one of them collapsing for no reason, and play going on.

Got to the point where in the box, it is no longer a contact sport. Attacker brushes arm with defender, defender is dead.

I just look forward to visiting this board when he goes down in the first minute and wins a penalty for Man City against Liverpool next season. See what people are saying then.

And just because a player signs a contract doesn't mean he's there for the duration. My suspicion is that the collateral benefit of doing so, namely adding value and requiring more money to be paid to buy him, which benefits the player, the agent and the club, might often be uppermost in at least one of those parties' minds when players mark their crosses on the dotted line.

• Like 1

I just look forward to visiting this board when he goes down in the first minute and wins a penalty for Man City against Liverpool next season. See what people are saying then.

I just look forward to visiting this board when he goes down before the game has even started......in the tunnel.....tripping over Neville's flailing bootlace, winning a penalty for Liverpool against Everton away. See what people are saying then.

I can't wait for the day he signs for a big club and dives at Anfailed for another team.....then it will be all wrong cheesy.gif and the doleys will be up in arms tongue.png

What goes around comes around!

You'll be able to draw parallels with what you will see from Ronaldo tonight wink.png

I can't wait for the day he signs for a big club and dives at Anfailed for another team.....then it will be all wrong cheesy.gif and the doleys will be up in arms tongue.png

You'll be able to draw parallels with what you will see from Ronaldo tonight wink.png

I don't think so Bob,he has the skill strength and pace to perform without diving around like a Muppet,i hope you enjoy the game wink.png

I don't think so Bob,he has the skill strength and pace to perform without diving around like a Muppet,i hope you enjoy the game wink.png

Some man love going on there Red biggrin.png Looking forward to it, should be a cracker!

Yeah looking forward to it mate,thinking how best to negotiate the evening i think it will be difficult to sleep before this one!biggrin.png

I think it will also be hard for Madrid to stop us scoring ....question is will our defense remember how to defend...the signs lately are looking better thumbsup.gif

Yeah looking forward to it mate,thinking how best to negotiate the evening i think it will be difficult to sleep before this one!biggrin.png

I think it will also be hard for Madrid to stop us scoring ....question is will our defense remember how to defend...the signs lately are looking better thumbsup.gif

Goals goals goals I reckon...

3 am kick offs are nasty...sober and knackered or drunk and miss the whole thing biggrin.png . On at midnight where I am at the moment and tiz the weekend so no fear here, it's suppin time wink.png

I'm fed up of all this stuff about Suarez. I like him (a lot) but he is not Liverpool. I think he will go if not this summer then the next for definite We need to be sorting out a replacement now, and if he doesn't go in the summer brilliant.

William Hill go 8/13 Real Madrid 3/1 Draw 4/1 Man United.

Not touching that one.

I just look forward to visiting this board when he goes down before the game has even started......in the tunnel.....tripping over Neville's flailing bootlace, winning a penalty for Liverpool against Everton away. See what people are saying then.

Yes, the same Neville booked for diving against Liverpool.

Such a horrible week, really.

I watched the Europa match (obviously, I watch every match) and after we went down there was just no fight from the team. Couldn't even look fresher against a team who are just coming off a 2 month break. Playing Monday night didn't help and now there's another match Sunday.

We didn't dominate but Suarez had several great chances to score in the first half and didn't take them, including one on one with the keeper. Also had a golden chance to score in the 2nd half and the shot went just barely wide right.

Just wasn't our night.

I don't think there was ever any real chance of us being top 4 this season so it would be great to see us go deep in the last cup we are in, but now it's all to do.

Hope to see 2 wins at home in the next two matches. Seen many online calling for Rodgers' head. Typical negative reactions after losses; we are too impatient as fans these days.

Such a horrible week, really.

I watched the Europa match (obviously, I watch every match) and after we went down there was just no fight from the team. Couldn't even look fresher against a team who are just coming off a 2 month break. Playing Monday night didn't help and now there's another match Sunday.

We didn't dominate but Suarez had several great chances to score in the first half and didn't take them, including one on one with the keeper. Also had a golden chance to score in the 2nd half and the shot went just barely wide right.

Just wasn't our night.

I don't think there was ever any real chance of us being top 4 this season so it would be great to see us go deep in the last cup we are in, but now it's all to do.

Hope to see 2 wins at home in the next two matches. Seen many online calling for Rodgers' head. Typical negative reactions after losses; we are too impatient as fans these days.

These negative comments probably stem from the young Sky Sports breed of football fan.

Top four was never remotely realistic with the weak squad afforded to Rodgers and i think he's done ok. Whats happening now is fatigue getting to overplayed footballers that would have been rotated if their was a decent replacement.

Then ofcourse you could go the Spurs route whereby we have five center backs four number 10 style players but only one <deleted> striker and no cover on either wing Work that one out!blink.png

the oh so predictable sneering superiority.

i'm sure you used to be an interesting poster rix. when did you become so tedious?

the oh so predictable sneering superiority.

i'm sure you used to be an interesting poster rix. when did you become so tedious?

The oh so predictable totally baseless accusation of sneering superiority... i mean really, where are you getting that from?

I find it hard to imagine how you coped on forums like this when Ronaldo was playing for United. After all, his diving and feigning of injury antics were if anything, even more renowned and prolific than Suarez's, and the general dislike for him across the board - or should i say the bigoted sneering superiority attacks on him - was even greater. Must of been a tough and uncomfortable period for you...

As for the, when did you become so tedious question, sorry it has come to personal insults Stevie. Always respected your opinion. If the feeling is not mutual, guess not much i can do about that. I'm only expressing what i think, my opinion, just like everyone does and indeed like you do too. Be a much more tedious place if we all agreed about everything.

I've said it before. We all need to keep race politics and religion out of forums or they fall into slagging fests. Some posters come over as conceited t***s (opps nearly put all the letters in that then), but it can be wind ups too. Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out. At points i have hated every single non LFC poster on the thread, but...hey I got over it. Now <deleted> off

• Like 1

I've said it before. We all need to keep race politics and religion out of forums or they fall into slagging fests. Some posters come over as conceited t***s (opps nearly put all the letters in that then), but it can be wind ups too. Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out. At points i have hated every single non LFC poster on the thread, but...hey I got over it. Now <deleted> off

Should read..............."We all need to keep race, politics, religion and Suarez cheating, out of forums...................." clap2.giflaugh.png

Also some posters cannot take criticism and get all uptight, but love doling it out

Well. I admire your frankness, but I think Stevie H won't!

I was out with a LFC-supporting depressive last night and I told him the fun in seeing Liverpool like they are will soon disappear for Everton fans. If you lose Suarez, as I predict you will, and the fight has gone out of your team, who will score the goals? I really wouldn't want to see you relegated, but without him you might be.