Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think the problem with Coates is he doesn't suit the high line that Rodgers (and indeed AVB) seem to prefer. He will be a good player for someone but is a little too pedestrian for Rodgers' plans.

He (& Skrtel) don't turn quickly (unlike Ilori who is one rumour) and he doesn't appear to be as aggressive as Papadopoulos which is a little strange coming from where he does! (Maybe his gentle Scottish roots have mellowed him?wink.png

Personally, I wish he'd been given a run in the side which, had KD stayed, he may well have done but it seems he doesn't fit with BR' plans. I wouldn't call it bad management, just different ideas.

I'm talking about players from all over the world, such as Coates who you claim " has been badly used and badly managed i think", which i doubt 2 managers have been wrong about !

fair point man, but coates was signed as a lad who'd just been named young player of the tournament in the copa america. we should have thrown him in and got him progressed but we blew it really. wilson was signed as 'stood out in scotland'. which in fairness a fresh vegetable does (sorry jockstar).

I think I read somewhere yesterday that Reina is Monaco bound, anyone confirm?

News reports today say it is Victor Valdes. Lotsa scuttlebutt about.

yeah, valdes to monaco, reina in to barcelona to replace him.

rafa benitez new napoli manager.

"We can definitely be in the top four," Sterling told BBC Sport.

The season's only just finished and they've started already 24.gif

Alfie, would you expect anything else from us lot!!!

Although I would like to say that if we look at the form table after xmas (coutinho and sturridge signed) and we can have that kind of form throughout the season next year we could be in with an outside shout. I am off to see if I can find a stat on this now....ha ha

Shalke have signed Felipe Santana from Dortmund. Hopefully that means Papadopoulos is on his way. Dodgy knee permitting.

How must Klopp be feeling!! This epitomizes what is so wrong in football now. The horse has bolted. cash it up

pretty sensible move this. lots of experience and more importantly experience of winning, is a captain and so will add some of the leadership we've been lacking. think he'll be more important around melwood than he will on the pitch really.

pretty sensible move this. lots of experience and more importantly experience of winning, is a captain and so will add some of the leadership we've been lacking. think he'll be more important around melwood than he will on the pitch really.

Good replacement for Carragher......some good signings since Rodgers took over.

Like i said earlier, we got two very good seasons out of Gallas and these guys bring with them a wealth of experience. I think its a win win situation

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Like i said earlier, we got two very good seasons out of Gallas and these guys bring with them a wealth of experience. I think its a win win situation

He's an ultimate professional as well. He won't give you any troule in the dressing room or in the papers. The only moan he had at City was lack of playing time but I suspect he knows only too well he is going to Liverpool without any guarantees of being picked.

• Like 1

He's an ultimate professional as well. He won't give you any troule in the dressing room or in the papers. The only moan he had at City was lack of playing time but I suspect he knows only too well he is going to Liverpool without any guarantees of being picked.

Totally agree, great acquisition from Rodgers!

i think we should try not to go over the top about Kolo coming to LFCbiggrin.png

it's a sensible signing that gives us a bit of depth and effectively replaces carragher. we've not signed thiago silva here.

• Like 1

i think we should try not to go over the top about Kolo coming to LFCbiggrin.png

it's a sensible signing that gives us a bit of depth and effectively replaces carragher. we've not signed thiago silva here.

Thats more like it!! The thing about Toure is he's a real pro as already said on here, he'll be reliable whenever needed and always a good influence.

Same couldn't quite be said about Billy Gallas. Fine player in his day, did well for us but an absolute fruitcake

Plus, he might like to take a hunk out of Yaya.thumbsup.gif I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye out for each other. Brotherly love and all.

Plus, he might like to take a hunk out of Yaya.thumbsup.gif I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye out for each other. Brotherly love and all.

He won't stop Yaya, that's a cert

He won't stop Yaya, that's a cert

Agreed with that ! There was an NBA player years ago whose name I forget. His nickname was "The Forklift". That's Yaya.biggrin.png

Good to see we are getting deals done starting from the back. A stealthy defense will be stark contrast to some of that cr*p we endured last season

this is dead important this summer, get them done and get them done early. i want a transfer window like january rather than last summer.

• Like 2

Iago Aspas..... According to a Spanish mate, he is like Suarez on speed!!!! I hope the rumour about him is true. Next season will be hilarious watching those two together.

Looking like this one is nailed. Announcement on Monday following Celta Vigo's final game. My worry is that he may replace Luis not complement him. Edited by wilai

Quote from Luis' brother, Paulo. " I know the truth, the bomb is coming". Not looking good but rumoured that we'll ask £50m+ and no bids so far.

Probably done already. Just getting the Anfield faithful get prepared. You new signing wouldn't hurt the credibility of this either. I reckon their target was always Suarez or Bale and your mans the better fit at this juncture. Suarez now and Bale same time next year.

Its all too appealing to Henry and Werner i'm afraid

Edited by carmine