Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

hearing a rumour that iago aspas has been told he can leave in january. what a bloody bizarre signing he was.

Yes, not even looked anywhere good enough in the league when he played. Scored a few goals pre-season but then look poor in the league. 7million paid, wonder what we would get back. So far I have been extremely impressed with the majority of Brendan's signings but I think he got this one wrong.

Once a player with the body of a 12 year old girl ruptures his rectum….it's curtains biggrin.png

Well I hope this doesn't happen to Coutinho!

Coutinho is 2 inches shorter and 11 pounds heavier.

As Stevie said a bizarre signing, but if it's true he is to be shipped out in January It's nice to see the club is taking action immediately. I hope to see a decent replacement, if both Suarez and Sturridge were injured we'd be in trouble.

So he's like an 11 year butch girl. biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

hearing a rumour that iago aspas has been told he can leave in january. what a bloody bizarre signing he was.

As Stevie said a bizarre signing, but if it's true he is to be shipped out in January It's nice to see the club is taking action immediately. I hope to see a decent replacement, if both Suarez and Sturridge were injured we'd be in trouble.

Perhaps biggrin.png

No, we discussed this a while back and if you look at Aspas his frame and weight combined don't do him any favours and you could see him (in the games that he has played) getting knocked off the ball way to easily. It also comes down to core strength, Coutinho has a lower centre of gravity and a bigger frame (anyone has a bigger frame than Aspas) and has good core strength, you don't see him getting pushed of the ball easily. I don't know if you remember but there was a game early on in the season when he out muscled someone bigger and apparently stronger to break clear on the left and set up someone for a goal, cannot remember who or who against.

• Like 1

Perhaps biggrin.png

No, we discussed this a while back and if you look at Aspas his frame and weight combined don't do him any favours and you could see him (in the games that he has played) getting knocked off the ball way to easily. It also comes down to core strength, Coutinho has a lower centre of gravity and a bigger frame (anyone has a bigger frame than Aspas) and has good core strength, you don't see him getting pushed of the ball easily. I don't know if you remember but there was a game early on in the season when he out muscled someone bigger and apparently stronger to break clear on the left and set up someone for a goal, cannot remember who or who against.

I saw Aspas a bunch in pre season matches. His energy was good and he was trying hard, but just couldn't seem to get anything done.

Perhaps biggrin.png

I saw Aspas a bunch in pre season matches. His energy was good and he was trying hard, but just couldn't seem to get anything done.

He seemed a bit off the pace in the league, and didn't really impact and looked a bit dejected in his last appearance before injury.

Edited by BangrakBob

Regarding Aspas, I'd heard he was about to be loaned to Valencia?? The main thing is we don't hang onto players for too long if they don't cut it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bet your glad the Downing years look to be behind you.

What is your take on Suarez now,do you think he has changed his attitude or are we just waiting the next fall out from him....i personally think flawed genius's like him can never change ie Cantona and await his next mad one.

To good a player to let go though when Madrid come knocking again.

Perhaps biggrin.png

Ben Arfa and Debuchy in the same move against the barcodes. Debuchy then got a red for trying to kick him into the stand!

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

Perhaps biggrin.png

Yes was just joking, totally agree with you!

Regarding Aspas, I'd heard he was about to be loaned to Valencia?? The main thing is we don't hang onto players for too long if they don't cut it.

What is your take on Suarez now,do you think he has changed his attitude or are we just waiting the next fall out from him....i personally think flawed genius's like him can never change ie Cantona and await his next mad one.

Now this is an interesting one. Rodgers said they would do every they can to help his with his attitude problems and I would assume, although no expert, that would be anger management classes etc. I would certainly say that I have seen a calmer Suarez in the games which is of course great but is that just because we are doing OK and he is playing well? I would put my neck on line and say there have been improvements but I wouldn't be surprised if the next ban was just around the corner. That said I really hope he has changed and we only see his side as a fantastic footballer.

YB

Now this is an interesting one. Rodgers said they would do every they can to help his with his attitude problems and I would assume, although no expert, that would be anger management classes etc. I would certainly say that I have seen a calmer Suarez in the games which is of course great but is that just because we are doing OK and he is playing well? I would put my neck on line and say there have been improvements but I wouldn't be surprised if the next ban was just around the corner. That said I really hope he has changed and we only see his side as a fantastic footballer.

YB

Not to quibble and certainly Suarez could use some help, but I don't think he has an "anger management" problem. But that boy does have a sizable problem with frustration tolerance and impulse control. wink.png

YB

Not to quibble and certainly Suarez could use some help, but I don't think he has an "anger management" problem. But that boy does have a sizable problem with frustration tolerance and impulse control. wink.png

Not sure what help he was/is getting like I said but Rodgers definitely said they would help him.

YB

Not sure what help he was/is getting like I said but Rodgers definitely said they would help him.

Players mature to a point, and people do learn to a point. He may not be fully cured but I do think he has learnt a lesson…..let the football do the talking and keep your nose clean on the park, you and your family will have an easier life.

Pretty much the same view as you have. The " nobody is bigger than the club" thing is all well and good but I think the club played it smart. Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal but on the other hand knowing deep down he's our only world class player and we want to hang onto him, at least till the summer.

I do believe he will stay IF we manage a top 4 finish though.

As for his attitude, only time will tell. One thing is for sure, he gives 100% every game. Remember his celebration v Zenit........love him for that.

• Like 2

^I agree with that .Suarez behaved like a naughty little boy in the summer but was put on the naughty step by his gaurdians and ultimately realised the error of his ways .Now he is a model pro with all the skills in the world ,bless the little biter & all that play with him!!wub.png

^I agree with that .Suarez behaved like a naughty little boy in the summer but was put on the naughty step by his gaurdians and ultimately realised the error of his ways .Now he is a model pro with all the skills in the world ,bless the little biter & all that play with him!!Posted Image

Wise words mad mary. :-)

^I agree with that .Suarez behaved like a naughty little boy in the summer but was put on the naughty step by his gaurdians and ultimately realised the error of his ways .Now he is a model pro with all the skills in the world ,bless the little biter & all that play with him!!wub.png

You guys seem to set the criteria for what makes a player "a model pro", exceedingly low. Seems to amount to not acting like a <deleted> for a handful of games and playing well. Can't believe how quick you are to gush over a player who did what he did to your club a short couple of months ago.

Suarez proving himself an incredible talent has never been a problem. Proving himself a model pro is a different matter, and he still has a long long way to go on that front, in my opinion.

Pretty much the same view as you have. The " nobody is bigger than the club" thing is all well and good but I think the club played it smart. Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal but on the other hand knowing deep down he's our only world class player and we want to hang onto him, at least till the summer.

As for his attitude, only time will tell. One thing is for sure, he gives 100% every game. Remember his celebration v Zenit........love him for that.

Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal for 41m, nothing like missing an important part off a statement biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

You guys seem to set the criteria for what makes a player "a model pro", exceedingly low. Seems to amount to not acting like a <deleted> for a handful of games and playing well. Can't believe how quick you are to gush over a player who did what he did to your club a short couple of months ago.

Suarez proving himself an incredible talent has never been a problem. Proving himself a model pro is a different matter, and he still has a long long way to go on that front, in my opinion.

Did what to the club a couple of months ago?

What I don't get Rix is how you can not understand our appreciation of a world class player who is a joy to watch on the park ever week.

• Like 1

football fans are shallow and fickle in the main and if you love one of your own you tend to defend them. and most football fans, of any club, tend to have short-term memory loss brought on by the player in question being bloody brilliant and scoring loads of goals.

the club brought in highly-respected sports psychologist dr steve peters earlier this year. quite possible that he's had a positive impact on suarez.

You either have the memory of a goldfish or you are deliberately blanking out some ugliness you would prefer to forget.

What I don't get Rix is how you can not understand our appreciation of a world class player who is a joy to watch on the park ever week.

It's not only Liverpool supporters who appreciate and enjoy watching his talent. I think all genuine football supporters do, unless he happens to be facing our own team of course! As i have already said, his talent is not what i am questioning. It's the idea that in the space of a handful of games, he is now being described as "a model pro". He has a long way to go to prove that, in my opinion.

Gush away over all the things he is... don't gush over the things he isn't.

You either have the memory of a goldfish or you are deliberately blanking out some ugliness you would prefer to forget.

It's not only Liverpool supporters who appreciate and enjoy watching his talent. I think all genuine football supporters do, unless he happens to be facing our own team of course! As i have already said, his talent is not what i am questioning. It's the idea that in the space of a handful of games, he is now being described as "a model pro". He has a long way to go to prove that, in my opinion.

Gush away over all the things he is... don't gush over the things he isn't.

I think the model pro post was sarcastic. Well that's the way I read it. Like you said how can we say in a space of 6 games he is a 'model pro'. Improvements in attitude, for me that's all at the moment and of course as has already been said outstanding football talent!

YB

If you are talking about the summer transfer saga - I only see that as a positive for our club. We stood our ground, the owners backed the manager and we showed we have the clout to hang on to one of the best strikers on the planet without European football.

We weren't discussing the club or their actions over the summer, we were discussing the player and his actions over the summer.

That's why i said, can't believe how quick you are to gush over a player who did what he did to your club a few short months ago, and not can't believe how quick you are to gush over a club that did what it did to you a few short months ago.

I don't know if mm meant he is a "model-pro" more that he is behaving like one….at the moment.

I daresay even Joey Barton could be called a model pro if we were to carefully select a small sliver of a window in his career.

For me the label model pro is used for players who behave in this way for, if not their entire career, the vast majority of it, not for a few weeks of one season.

I think the model pro post was sarcastic. Well that's the way I read it. Like you said how can we say in a space of 6 games he is a 'model pro'. Improvements in attitude, for me that's all at the moment and of course as has already been said outstanding football talent!

YB

sarcastic
sɑːˈkastɪk/
adjective
  1. 1.
    marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt.
    "making sarcastic comments"
    synonyms:

sardonic, ironic, ironical, satirical

If that's the same as going fishing you got me YBtongue.png

If you are talking about the summer transfer saga - I only see that as a positive for our club. We stood our ground, the owners backed the manager and we showed we have the clout to hang on to one of the best strikers on the planet without European football.

We weren't discussing the club or their actions over the summer, we were discussing the player and his actions over the summer.

That's why i said, can't believe how quick you are to gush over a player who did what he did to your club a few short months ago, and not can't believe how quick you are to gush over a club that did what it did to you a few short months ago.

I don't know if mm meant he is a "model-pro" more that he is behaving like one….at the moment.

I daresay even Joey Barton could be called a model pro if we were to carefully select a small sliver of a window in his career.

For me the label model pro is used for players who behave in this way for, if not their entire career, the vast majority of it, not for a few weeks of one season.

You said what "he did to your club" that infers he did something to damage our club which is why I asked you the question which you didn't answer. That is why I offered a reply assuming that is what you meant.

So what did Suarez actually do over the summer? He wanted champions league at Madrid, so what? All the Arsenal <deleted> was wind and piss to get a move to Madrid but they weren't forthcoming. I don't see what the big deal is as far as his actions are concerned, no transfer request was submitted, never mind twice.

I didn't say he was a model pro so no point discussing it. I will keep on supporting Suarez as long as he is playing beautiful football and banging in goals. He is one of the best of our times and his football outshines the rest of it, and I will keep on gush gush gushing in awe as long as he is in a red shirt!

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

I said Suarez is a "model pro" ,I also said "god bless the little biter " ...Bobs words above in his last sentence give a very good description of what was meant.thumbsup.gif

Edit : I was fishing at the time though!

Edited by mad mary
  • Like 1

Telling a player he's not going anywhere especially to a rival like arsenal for 41m, nothing like missing an important part off a statement biggrin.png

Everyone knows what was offered ,£40m + £1 what are you trolling for?Longstebe missed nothing ,you did ,unlucky !

Edited by mad mary
  • Like 1

Everyone knows what was offered ,£40m + £1 what are you trolling for?Longstebe missed nothing ,you did ,unlucky !

If an outsider looked at Longs post without knowing the full story then he would have thought that Suarez was not for sale at any price, the amount i put was incidental, anyway he wouldn't have gone to the Arse for 41m but certainly 50m !!!!