Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Still waiting for a Scousers opinion on Johnson please...?

The lad needs to sit out, he's been gash for a while now.

Another problem is he's never really had any strong competition for his place. Kelly did provide that for about 3 games per season.

• Like 2

The lad needs to sit out, he's been gash for a while now.

Another problem is he's never really had any strong competition for his place. Kelly did provide that for about 3 games per season.

yep, but last night he was the best of a pretty poor bunch.

He hasn't been the same since he came back from injury in November last year. Coincidentally or not this was when his contract talks broke down. I expected him to be gone this summer, but with Flanno out injured, Kelly moving on there is only him and Manqers at right back. If he doesn't sign a new contract then he will go for free next summer. Think FSG would prefer a return and losing the 110K a week wages. So there maybe some movement yet.

To answer you question biggrin.png he has not been good and again last night he seemed to be elsewhere but the Etihad.

I'm not going to slag him off though. He's been a great servant to the club, scored some cracking, vital goals on those marauding runs.

• Like 2

Addingcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif does not make it funny.

Indeed my mum always allows me to stay up as long as I like & i'm only 11.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

best toddle of and do your homework.

It's the summer holidays .If you really believe I'm 11 I can only assume that with you engaging with me here & sending me PM's that you are attempting to groom me...

Re: Glen Johnson ,he can't /won't tackle ,gives the ball away to easily ,looks dis-interested .get's caught out bombing forward when there's no need ...Don't get me wrong he was a fine player but I think he's forgotten the basics of football & what he was bought to do,possibly down to the lack of competition ,I don't know .Of all the current first teamers,fringe players he is the one I would most like to see off our books.

• Like 1

He hasn't been the same since he came back from injury in November last year. Coincidentally or not this was when his contract talks broke down. I expected him to be gone this summer, but with Flanno out injured, Kelly moving on there is only him and Manqers at right back. If he doesn't sign a new contract then he will go for free next summer. Think FSG would prefer a return and losing the 110K a week wages. So there maybe some movement yet.

To answer you question biggrin.png he has not been good and again last night he seemed to be elsewhere but the Etihad.

I'm not going to slag him off though. He's been a great servant to the club, scored some cracking, vital goals on those marauding runs.

, but you do,slate him off., Baring the rather pathetic balletic clap2.gif attempt to save the 2nd ,he did ok held the line well enuf and kept tight to skirtel when needed, unlike the rather sori state of affairs on the left hand side of your defense, Just a point how many of the goals LAST NIGHT came from play down the right hand side?.as i said b4, DEFENSIVELY he was the best of poor bunch..

Addingcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif does not make it funny.

Indeed my mum always allows me to stay up as long as I like & i'm only 11.

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

best toddle of and do your homework.

It's the summer holidays .If you really believe I'm 11 I can only assume that with you engaging with me here & sending me PM's that you are attempting to groom me...

Re: Glen Johnson ,he can't /won't tackle ,gives the ball away to easily ,looks dis-interested .get's caught out bombing forward when there's no need ...Don't get me wrong he was a fine player but I think he's forgotten the basics of football & what he was bought to do,possibly down to the lack of competition ,I don't know .Of all the current first teamers,fringe players he is the one I would most like to see off our books.

well kid, you go from plain irritating to scarily creepily weird, think best i put you on ignorant, sorry ignorew00t.gif ,,there you go,,,, done.

Lmao.....still would like some more opinions on Johnson.....I think he is the weak link in your side.

perhaps you and frigid should have a chat. or maybe guns at 10 paces; at least one of you would disappear. Johnson has been shot for a while, and how he had a look in at the WC amazes me. I agree that he should go, those forward runs are mainly a waste of space now, and we need new blood.

I have faith that our defense will come good, but we could be working with 3 new guys out of 4. It will take time, but hey, they still look better than mu's defense.

• Like 1

Lmao.....still would like some more opinions on Johnson.....I think he is the weak link in your side.

perhaps you and frigid should have a chat. or maybe guns at 10 paces; at least one of you would disappear. Johnson has been shot for a while, and how he had a look in at the WC amazes me. I agree that he should go, those forward runs are mainly a waste of space now, and we need new blood.

I have faith that our defense will come good, but we could be working with 3 new guys out of 4. It will take time, but hey, they still look better than mu's defense.

You know I agree with you....in fact I was amazed by rij's response to be honest....but a bit of reinforcement of my opinion does no harm.

Also agree he was decent....but this is a different class of Liverpool side being built now....going to be fun to watch this season I am sure!

• Like 1

Reading a few forums its like our season has collapsed already. Fact is we got beat by City last season with Suarez in the team. Southampton beat us at Anfield.

Fact is, we've brought 3 new defenders in and only 1 of them has 1 season under his belt in the premiership. The new lads haven't had a pre season with the team, it will take a bit of time.

Fact is the word of the day :-)

Reading a few forums its like our season has collapsed already. Fact is we got beat by City last season with Suarez in the team. Southampton beat us at Anfield.

Fact is, we've brought 3 new defenders in and only 1 of them has 1 season under his belt in the premiership. The new lads haven't had a pre season with the team, it will take a bit of time.

No point trying to give facts or give reason!!

It's all over longstebe ,the writings on the wall...Spurs will tonk us on Sunday & Rodgers will be walking the plank.

In Rodgers we trust .

It's all over longstebe ,the writings on the wall...Spurs will tonk us on Sunday & Rodgers will be walking the plank.

In Rodgers we trust .

Well I am expecting a corker this weekend....seen plenty to suggest you will score goals and it seems we are playing more open attacking football this season....I just hope when I say that it doesn't mean our defence.

Play Johnson....so Lamela can have a field day against him...he's great....rij said so himself! smile.png

• Like 2

You know I agree with you....in fact I was amazed by rij's response to be honest....but a bit of reinforcement of my opinion does no harm.

Also agree he was decent....but this is a different class of Liverpool side being built now....going to be fun to watch this season I am sure!

<deleted> , what i said, wasn't about what johnsons been like, or is gonna be like, or whether he's gonna be on his way, it was just about last night I repeat last night and last night he had the best game of all of liverpools defenders on display,

<deleted> , what i said, wasn't about what johnsons been like, or is gonna be like, or whether he's gonna be on his way, it was just about last night I repeat last night and last night he had the best game of all of liverpools defenders on display,

Your word or opinion is flawed & not excepted by the majority ,get over it & &lt;deleted&gt; offthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think you put the Pish in PishFlaps

• Like 2

Re:Bang: just answer me this, don't you think Rodgers should have seen enough of Markovic to have played him from the start. Fergie did not hold back the likes of Giggs, if a player is good enough, age or inexperience doesn't matter. Rodgers needs more fire for me.

Giggs made his debut as a substitute in a match they lost by 2 goals.

Markovic was coming back from injury.

I would question Rodgers selection if Markovic had played 10+ games in the premier league, was on fire and Rodgers decided to bench him for Iago Aspas.

Considering what he has done to this team in a little over 2 seasons, it amazes me that after 1 bad result in the first 2 games you think Rodgers needs more fire.

The knee jerk reaction is more and more common these days, but not with the old school faithful.

In Brendan We Trust

Don't get me wrong it is good to trust a manager to allow a degree of continuity, I'm not one for chopping and changing managers like some. But sometimes it is good to have some positive criticism. I still think Markovic is a class act and his quality and width will prove invaluable to this team. If it stops the rampaging almost reckless Johnson, this will be something. How these two combine will be interesting.......But I still believe that Rodgers was being too negative against City and it's time to stop being complacent and time for expectation.

In Rodgers we trust .

Hmmm, posting childish nonsense at 00.55!! You'll be late for school school sonny.

I'll reserve football related posts for the grown upswink.png

Joe Allen's take on the City game. Right? or wrong?

Allen thought the champions cut through the visiting ranks too easily at the Etihad Stadium. By contrast, City largely restricted Liverpool’s threat during their ultimately comfortable win and were not averse to halting counterattacks with a foul. The Wales international believes that side of Liverpool’s game needs to develop this season.

“We can be too honest and too fair at times,” the midfielder said. “It can be seen as a good thing but at this level you need to be clever at times. At times we can maybe stop things at source and save ourselves a lot of trouble.”

Allen thought the champions cut through the visiting ranks too easily at the Etihad Stadium. By contrast, City largely restricted Liverpool’s threat during their ultimately comfortable win and were not averse to halting counterattacks with a foul. The Wales international believes that side of Liverpool’s game needs to develop this season.

“We can be too honest and too fair at times,” the midfielder said. “It can be seen as a good thing but at this level you need to be clever at times. At times we can maybe stop things at source and save ourselves a lot of trouble.”

To have players taking a step back and taking rational thought about a game can't be a bad thing can it?

To have players taking a step back and taking rational thought about a game can't be a bad thing can it?

The best way to improve I would have thought

Message to all Man Who? Players.......

Don't try this at home.

Bwahahaha!

• Like 1

In Rodgers we trust .

Hmmm, posting childish nonsense at 00.55!! You'll be late for school school sonny.

I'll reserve football related posts for the grown upswink.png

If I'd known you are so sensitive & caustic whistling.gif I would have stayed away.

I extend my hand as a man and ask for forgiveness & for us to be friends united by our love for football.wai2.gif

Allen thought the champions cut through the visiting ranks too easily at the Etihad Stadium. By contrast, City largely restricted Liverpools threat during their ultimately comfortable win and were not averse to halting counterattacks with a foul. The Wales international believes that side of Liverpools game needs to develop this season.

We can be too honest and too fair at times, the midfielder said. It can be seen as a good thing but at this level you need to be clever at times. At times we can maybe stop things at source and save ourselves a lot of trouble.

yep,, that or a move to utd !!!
  • Like 1