Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The referee was a disgrace. It was clear hand ball from Lovren, just after he had been booked, Friend just didn't have the balls to do the right thing and send him off. As for the incident with the goalkeeper, he was clearly out of his area when he handled the ball, the ref must have seen it, but bottled it. Southampton were denied at least two clear penalties. Liverpool should have come out for the second half with nine men. This illustrates perfectly why the likes of Southampton will never be able to compete with the so called 'big clubs', when push comes to shove they clearly get the thin edge of the wedge. Kevin Friend should be confronted with the evidence of his incompetence and asked to justify his decisions.Which he clearly could not, and then sacked. Maybe this is what's needed to concentrate the minds of the current crop of premiership referees who clearly are not up to the job.

• Like 1

The referee was a disgrace. It was clear hand ball from Lovren, just after he had been booked, Friend just didn't have the balls to do the right thing and send him off. As for the incident with the goalkeeper, he was clearly out of his area when he handled the ball, the ref must have seen it, but bottled it. Southampton were denied at least two clear penalties. Liverpool should have come out for the second half with nine men. This illustrates perfectly why the likes of Southampton will never be able to compete with the so called 'big clubs', when push comes to shove they clearly get the thin edge of the wedge. Kevin Friend should be confronted with the evidence of his incompetence and asked to justify his decisions.Which he clearly could not, and then sacked. Maybe this is what's needed to concentrate the minds of the current crop of premiership referees who clearly are not up to the job.

I read the first 5 words ,read on a little bit more then it become easy to relay that you talk <deleted>.

• Like 2

I read the first 5 words ,read on a little bit more then it become easy to relay that you talk <deleted>.

Lac k of content duly noted.

he's getting the subs right all the time since christmas. markovic needed hooking, moreno came on and played really well. rode our luck a little bit there today but still another performance of confidence and attitude and got the job done. we're looking a lot like we've got the momentum.

oh and jordon ibe is staggeringly good for that age. not that i want it but he's not getting enough hype. he's incredible. technique, decision-making, pace, power, strength, confidence - the lot. no limit to how good this kid can be.

So BB likes this after saying in his previous post :

I thought he was tactically bang on today, we have the ability to gel and hold teams now and he trusted we could do that with that starting 11

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

he's getting the subs right all the time since christmas. markovic needed hooking, moreno came on and played really well. rode our luck a little bit there today but still another performance of confidence and attitude and got the job done. we're looking a lot like we've got the momentum.

oh and jordon ibe is staggeringly good for that age. not that i want it but he's not getting enough hype. he's incredible. technique, decision-making, pace, power, strength, confidence - the lot. no limit to how good this kid can be.

One of the ones churned out biggrin.png

do you mean the one that hit mignolet in the chest?

^ chest first then bounced up and hit his arm to be fair Stevie...ball to hand then anywaygiggle.gif

yeah that was kind of my point. to quote half man half biscuit "H is for handball, which has to be intentional and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more".

^ chest first then bounced up and hit his arm to be fair Stevie...ball to hand then anywaygiggle.gif

yeah that was kind of my point. to quote half man half biscuit "H is for handball, which has to be intentional and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more".

First of all, the poster who said Mignolet was clearly out of his area when he handled the ball, is talking nonsense. It was very much a 50/50 and upon closer examination, he was just about outside the area when the 'handball' took place. Dont think you can blame the ref for not giving it. Now as to whether it was handball or not, I dont believe it was. It certainly wasnt intentional, as the ball went chest to hand. I believe one of the definitions for handball, apart from the intentional aspect, is to do with arms/hands being in an unnatural position. In other words if a defender has arms up or at the side, it could be construed as unnatural. A goalkeeper on the other hand is different. His 'natural position is arms up and out. When Mignolet made the first attempt for the ball he was in the area, arms up and the ball hit him in the chest. His forward motion carried him outside the area, where the ball flicked up and hit his hand ( which was in a natural position for a goalkeeper). No way was it hand ball, nor should a free kick have been given. Anybody who understands football should be able to see that.

The ref, apart from that got many other decisions wrong. The penalty for Southampton in first 30 seconds, should have been given IMHO

nah, what can on djuricic? can literally brushed his shoulder with his hand, wasn't remotely a foul, their lad then threw himself.

the one a bit later, joe allen from behind on djuricic was a peno though. the lovren handball one wasn't because again, it wasn't intentional. the ball hit his arm at his side, nothing deliberate about it.

• Like 1

We were sh!te

Bit harsh there, after watching some of the highlights, sober, thought we done a great job. Brendon's decision to put Moreno on was a good one. We were a little sloppy in our passing but overall a solid defensive display by the Red men.

I thought he was tactically bang on today, we have the ability to gel and hold teams now and he trusted we could do that with that starting 11

Not sure why I does this but here goes,

My point was he could have started a stronger, more defensive side than he did, and the starting 11 did hold them. My point was we have been noted as a team that leaks goals like an incontinent grandma and it looked like we hadn't addressed this in the summer but now we have 5 clean sheets away and look consistently solid for the first time in a long time.

i don't know how my pressing a "like" button on a post with multiple points says that I am contradicting my statement without me actually articulating a contradiction.

• Like 1

My point was he could have started a stronger, more defensive side than he did, and the starting 11 did hold them. My point was we have been noted as a team that leaks goals like an incontinent grandma and it looked like we hadn't addressed this in the summer but now we have 5 clean sheets away and look consistently solid for the first time in a long time.

i don't know how my pressing a "like" button on a post with multiple points says that I am contradicting my statement without me actually articulating a contradiction.

Christ he changed it at 45mins so he obviously didn't have too much faith in holding them much longer especially as Markovich was getting mullered down your left side.

Surely you must have someone better than him who can play there as cover, he's never a left sided wing back, after all he doesn't ever kick the ball with his left peg !

Edited by alfieconn

If u watch Ojo, he one a great move, when he can cut in from the right. For such a young player still developing, I accept this gives him the space he needs, away from the physicality of contact. I have not seen enough of him as yet, but hopefully he can kick on whilst at loan at Wigan and begin to bring more to his game. I will watch with interest.

i wouldn't bother either bob. don't know why but talking tactics with alfie reminds me of this:

• Like 2

Christ he changed it at 45mins so he obviously didn't have too much faith in holding them much longer especially as Markovich was getting mullered down your left side.

Surely you must have someone better than him who can play there as cover, he's never a left sided wing back, after all he doesn't ever kick the ball with his left peg !

I'm surprised you havn't churned a few out cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

For all my LFC friends who have LFCGO the U`18`s mini derby is now on live

Bad news at half-time the bitters u`18`s are leading 2-0 . They have taken advantage of a very strong wind at their backs . To be honest tho` they are the better team .

Normally I enjoy watching the youngsters but today they were awful . Serious questions have got to be asked as to whether Neill Critchley is the right man to coach the young lads . Not sure but I think this is the 5th game they have had 4 or more goals against . Everton were very good well worth the win . Better news the u`16`s beat Everton u`16`s 3-0 . Forgot to add the score Everton 5 LFC 0 .

I wouldn't worry too much fons, certainly in the lower age groups and probably in this one, the academy coaches tend to look at individual players rather than team results, strange that the academy expert didn't mention this rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Did the starting 11 hold them for 45 minutes? Yes

Did the starting 11 have a goal scored against them? No

Did Brendan Rodgers decide before the match that this starting 11 could do the job? You'd assume he did trust that decision.

A tactical change at half time, shored up a weakness in that starting 11, not denying it. It also created a greater strength in attack. This happens in sport, tactics change, situation arise, managers react, it doesn’t change the decision to start with those 11 based on a belief that did come to fruition, i.e .no goals conceded

How long should the starting 11 be trusted for before my statement be acceptable? 1 full match, 2 full matches…a season?

Your speculative interpretation of my "like" is the point in question no?