Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Watching Toure is like watching QPR's Rio Ferdinand,players that are well past it.the speed of the game is just too much for them.

Should have both gone to the US or retired as you are only as good as your last game and Liverpool with Toure are struggling. Moreno isn't too flash either.

• Like 1

Bad day at the office that was.

The way arsenal are playing of late there was no chance of coming back from that after half time.

Can't understand how the young right back stayed on the pitch after giving the penalty away.

Edited by longstebe
  • Like 1

As a Spurs fan i'm well aware of defensive frailties. This has also hampered our entire season. I suppose the difference between us would be Hugo Lloris, that incidentally i feel would have saved two of the goals you conceded. Mignolet's efforts for the free kick were very poor. Despite some recent good form i just don't rate him a particularly good keeper.

Rodgers as we know has also been let down by Balotelli but Sturridge still doesn't look himself to me. Looks like FSG will need to invest in another striker this summer and take a nasty hit on the Italian buffoon, Super Mario.

Aside of that Toure looks over the hill but its a bit alarming that the manager clearly thought him a better bet than Lovren!! Whats happened to the player of last season!!

Edited by carmine

christ.

not unexpected either.

not out of it yet Stevie, our run in is much tougher than yours so in typical fashion we'll turn it into a race even though there shouldn't be one.

Not so sure about that. United are showing a real resolve at the moment and i doubt they are going to let that fourth place slip. Ofcourse i hope you do but hey ho.

christ.

not unexpected either.

not out of it yet Stevie, our run in is much tougher than yours so in typical fashion we'll turn it into a race even though there shouldn't be one.

nah, we're done. great run post-new year but all the bottle and confidence is gone now. lacking leadership, goals and matchwinners.

• Like 2

christ.

not unexpected either.

nah, we're done. great run post-new year but all the bottle and confidence is gone now. lacking leadership, goals and matchwinners.

I guess more importantly, where does it leave you in terms of next season?

After the debacle of the end of 2013/14 you eventually showed some good form (and exciting football) in that post-New Year phase.

What needs to be done to give you a firm foundation for 2015/16 ?

christ.

not unexpected either.

I guess more importantly, where does it leave you in terms of next season?

After the debacle of the end of 2013/14 you eventually showed some good form (and exciting football) in that post-New Year phase.

What needs to be done to give you a firm foundation for 2015/16 ?

I put Liverpool's problems down to the manager spunking to much money on very mediocre players and not buying quality, and replacing Suarez with Lambert and Ballotelli come on, but the guy is a genius according to some Liverpool fans.

• Like 1

waffling brenda should own up for the sterling contract bit

a very short time back he boasted to all and sundry , that sterling was the brightest young magic spark on the european front, perhaps if he had more wisdom,and nounce

waffling brenda should have said... one of the bright up and coming young players in british football..a label which is truly deserved

i ask, would the special one jose ,do the same??? not on your life,as he is intellegient enuff to know, that the agents would immediately up the ante etc etc etc,which has now has unfolded

brenda is the biggest waffler in the EPL.,his tactics or no tactics in the closing stages of the EPL. last season,cost l/pool the title,make no mistake about that,it was there for the taking

leave me out of brenda the wafflersmile.pngbiggrin.png

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32177858

thks cobber, very interesting article

just shows the vast difference of a top flight mngr,with a proven track record to a bumbling waffling mngr such as brenda

even after y/days devasting result, he is still firing bulletts, on the sterling issue

a important F.A. cup replay looms on weds, u would think waffling brenda minute brain,would be focused on that, and douse the ever building flames on the sterling saga

there is another time bomb ticking away, jordan henderson

he has approx 12 months left on his contract, and to date no new contract is on the table

perhaps countino is the next class player to cast his eye to another club with c/l pedigree

liverpool f.c . have a raft of unsavoury issues at hand, and not not getting the c/l spot, is a hammer blow ..will see how it unfolds

christ.

not unexpected either.

well we have Citeh and Chelsea up next so a distinct possibility of only coming away with 1 point out of that.

The way arsenal are playing of late there was no chance of coming back from that after half time.

Can't understand how the young right back stayed on the pitch after giving the penalty away.

Probably should have gone but I think Taylor realised his first card was a joke and decided against it.

That first goal we conceded is possibly the worst individual defending I have seen, I can't watch that again!

Arsenal flew out the traps and we just panicked - seemed to be no formation, no plan, just stunned an ok Arsenal looked very very good. I was amazed we weren't down by or 2-3 in that first 15 mins.

Then to our credit we got back into it, looked half decent for the next 20 mins, we pushed up, seemed to have shape and commit players forward, Sterling starting to make an impact linking Markovic - BUT unforgivable we didn't score !

After that it was just panic stations at key moments when you really need to defend. We seemed to overplay it when in possesion, no one wanted to take charge or be the match winner.

We were outclassed, it was painful and dreadful that.

Bring on the FA Cup smile.png

• Like 1

Can't understand how the young right back stayed on the pitch after giving the penalty away longstebe?

Was it a deliberate foul - one that Bellrin intended, so as to get an advantage?

Was it dangerous?

Was it denying a clear goal scoring opportunity? (red card of course)

I say no to all of those and good decision ref. Not every tackle that brings down a player is a yellow card even if the offender clearly brought down the opponent (as he clearly did). Whether it is inside or outside the box makes no difference, except for the severity of a penalty.

Do some refs give yellows in those circumstances? Yes - they sometimes make the wrong decisions, particularly with a home crowd baying for blood. But I thought that decision was entirely consistent with FIFAs Laws of the Game and the ref had a good game generally. Bellerin brought down the player, but it was an unintentional mistimed tackle that did not involve undue force

• Like 1

Can't understand how the young right back stayed on the pitch after giving the penalty away longstebe?

Was it a deliberate foul - one that Bellrin intended, so as to get an advantage?

Was it dangerous?

I say no to all of those and good decision ref. Not every tackle that brings down a player is a yellow card even if the offender clearly brought down the opponent (as he clearly did). Whether it is inside or outside the box makes no difference, except for the severity of a penalty.

Do some refs give yellows in those circumstances? Yes - they sometimes make the wrong decisions, particularly with a home crowd baying for blood. But I thought that decision was entirely consistent with FIFAs Laws of the Game and the ref had a good game generally. Bellerin brought down the player, but it was an unintentional mistimed tackle that did not involve undue force

I agree and don't agree. Thought he meant it, but didn't deserve a yellow. Controversial but who gives a toss.

II missed most of the first half, but it doesn't effect my reaction. I did not expect us to win this game. I just wanted a decent performance and some attacking ideas. In my opinion the last two games were aguage of where we are, and they confirmed my opinion. We are not in the top bracket yet, but we ain't far off. I have been thinking that we need help from other teams if we are going to get a CL place and that is still true. We have one more difficult game, so if we can be consistent in the others and build up to win against chelsk, we could be Ok if there are slip ups by those above us.

This is a fingers crossed time, and I know it. i didn't expect CL after the start we had... but who knows, there have been some funny results

Bye Bye Toure. It was fun while it lasted. Please explain why Louvren is now an outsider to the team. perhaps a defensive coach would help with that. I really think we need one

I didn't see the game, which team did Sterling play for ?

He (Rodgers) complimented the 20-year-old's performance in the defeat at Arsenal, adding that he would benefit from staying at Anfield.

"I thought Raheem was excellent," said Rodgers. "Our best player. Anyone can see that as far as his football development is concerned, Liverpool is the best place for him. There is absolutely no question about that.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32185092

Edited by uptheos

Was it dangerous?

Suppose you could say the same for Emre Can.

You win some (decisions) you lose some.

• Like 1

Strange that kurt and bob havn't posted since Saturdays defeat facepalm.gif true flipfloppers biggrin.png

I think you'll find I posted at half-time, we were defeated by then. No point me reiterating what the likes of Devil and Stevie have summed up well.

• Like 1

Stats show that Liverpool have struggled against the top four this season so far. Will your next 2 league matches confirm that trend? You are not in a bad place but have serious problems at the back. 5 centre halves this season and the best one; Can; is really a midfielder who should be a direct replacement for Gerrard as midfield maestro and captain. The other 4 all look like accidents waiting to happen, especially against class sides. Considering that Brendan Rogers brought 3 of these 4 to the club suggests a blind spot on his part. Blackburn have some real talent up front and Wednesday's game will be no stroll in the park.

Strange that kurt and bob havn't posted since Saturdays defeat facepalm.gif true flipfloppers biggrin.png

Strange that you noticed that.

Hey Stebe on Saturday I was out all day at a footy tournament in Blackpool with my lads team ,in fact the club entered two teams & they met in the semi-finals,so one team had to go out ,after 25mins of really good football they managed to cancel each other out, so it went to pens ,unfortunately my lads team lost(5-4) & went out.The other team went on to win the final 1-0 ,so the club brought another tournament trophy home anyway .Happy days.smile.png

We didn't get to see the LFC game .

• Like 1

^ Yeah, I've heard it was unsanctioned as well...which is not good! His biggest bugbear seems to be the RWB role he's been asked to play. Also get the feeling that he and Rodgers don't get on particularly well despite what he said. The (unrecorded) pre-interview that the journo refers to a few times would probably shed more light on what his thoughts really are.

As for the fee, given Barkley (one year older, not as good, less experience) is quoted at 50m, then 60m+ is reasonable in today's market. If we get that, great! If not, he can stay another year whilst the likes of Ibe, Ojo and Wilson come through, all of whom can play in his position.

RWB ...so where else to play him, I'm intrigued? Has he indicated where he wants to play?

^ Yeah, I've heard it was unsanctioned as well...which is not good! His biggest bugbear seems to be the RWB role he's been asked to play. Also get the feeling that he and Rodgers don't get on particularly well despite what he said. The (unrecorded) pre-interview that the journo refers to a few times would probably shed more light on what his thoughts really are.

As for the fee, given Barkley (one year older, not as good, less experience) is quoted at 50m, then 60m+ is reasonable in today's market. If we get that, great! If not, he can stay another year whilst the likes of Ibe, Ojo and Wilson come through, all of whom can play in his position.

RWB ...so where else to play him, I'm intrigued? Has he indicated where he wants to play?

he spent last season in an attacking trident of him, suarez and sturridge and we nearly won the league title. he's an attacking midfielder/forward - it must be frustrating being used as a wingback.

• Like 2

he spent last season in an attacking trident of him, suarez and sturridge and we nearly won the league title. he's an attacking midfielder/forward - it must be frustrating being used as a wingback.

Frustrating is probably an understatement!

Cant believe you've just had to answer that for him !!!

• Like 2