Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Ah its that time of day. I'll be off then.

Have a Pishflapstastic afternoon one and all.

i hate putting people on 'ignore' on here or anywhere else but friend evenstevens is making it untenable. adds nothing to the forum, is just tedious and unfunny and trolling. at least alfieconn you can laugh at. ho hum.

Your taking him too serious, at least he is constructive most of the time (unlike your own Kurt) even if it controversial and some of the things he ses do make sense !

I must admit i found his comparison between Rodgers and Pulis quite interesting and while most of us are of the same opinion of Pulis, his comments did actually make me start thinking about what Pulis could do at a bigger club !

To be fair, his sign offs always make me smile biggrin.png

I thought you knew a bit more about football than to wonder what Pullis could do at a bigger club...maybe you are joking?

i hate putting people on 'ignore' on here or anywhere else but friend evenstevens is making it untenable. adds nothing to the forum, is just tedious and unfunny and trolling. at least alfieconn you can laugh at. ho hum.

Your taking him too serious, at least he is constructive most of the time (unlike your own Kurt) even if it controversial and some of the things he ses do make sense !

I must admit i found his comparison between Rodgers and Pulis quite interesting and while most of us are of the same opinion of Pulis, his comments did actually make me start thinking about what Pulis could do at a bigger club !

I thought you knew a bit more about football than to wonder what Pullis could do at a bigger club...maybe you are joking?

Well at least iv'e no need to wonder what Rodgers could do at a bigger club ! biggrin.png

• Like 1

I do actually feel sorry for the chaps on here, so i'm going to leave them alone for a day or so laugh.png

i think you overestimate your effectiveness alfie. as i've said many times before, being trolled by you is like being savagely mauled by a lamb.

More like being gently flagellated by a geisha girl with a leaf of wet lettuce.

One would imagine, in most parts of the world, you would have to pay for that though.

redrus

Well at least iv'e no need to wonder what Rodgers could do at a bigger club ! biggrin.png

Haha yes he seems to be a perfect example, he's done a Moysee and got away with it. I think Moysee actually did 2 points better.

• Like 1

Wisdom signs new long term deal.

Toure signs contract extension.

*sigh*

get beat 6-1 at stoke and your first act after that is to give a new deal to a veteran who couldn't get in our team and a kid who couldn't get in west brom's. not much by way of statement of intent is it?

• Like 1

*sigh*

get beat 6-1 at stoke and your first act after that is to give a new deal to a veteran who couldn't get in our team and a kid who couldn't get in west brom's. not much by way of statement of intent is it?

He last full match was one of the worst I've eve seen a pro footballers play, it was comical. ill have to keep 5 pairs of undies next to the fridge when he plays, shat scary that lad.

• Like 1

*sigh*

I beg to differ Stevie ol pal, I see a definite 'statement of intent'.

redrus

• Like 1

I do actually feel sorry for the chaps on here, so i'm going to leave them alone for a day or so laugh.png

i think you overestimate your effectiveness alfie. as i've said many times before, being trolled by you is like being savagely mauled by a lamb.

So this Mike Gordon fella will be the guy to meet with Brendan for the season review?

I'm taking a wild guess that he's a bit more of a baseball fan than a soccer fan. How will that work out then?

i know, nonsense isn't it? we'll get this circus again of the manager having to fly out to bloody boston - why don't they travel to liverpool, you know, where the football club actually is? - and then the manager of liverpool football club has to sit and explain and justify himself to some bloke none of the fans know from adam and who as you say almost certainly knows far less about football than even the thickest of paying supporters. it's an utter farce of an operation.

there's some excellent stuff on this in here, the latest anfield wrap podcast. am sure a few liverpool fans here already listen to it like: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/podcast-shameful/

I listened to that podcast and it should raise alarm bells to every Liverpool supporter because those guys seem to be reading from the same sheet as most on this thread. If supporters on here and neutrals such as myself clearly see a managers position untenable, see the absence of even a representative of FSG at the final game of the season and the final home game of a modern era icon just plain wrong, how disturbingly detached from reality are they?

When you play badly as happens at some juncture every season a manager and fans can except this, IF, the team goes down fighting. There was no fight. My question is, added to that and started on the podcast; why couldn't they do it for their captain alone? Just dreadful no show from the players and a manger defeated at half time.

How on earth can FSG reach the conclusion to retain him as manager when he's lost the dressing? Its as clearer example as you will ever see and with the loss of Gerrard the squad needs a major injection of something fresh and new.

So this Mike Gordon fella will be the guy to meet with Brendan for the season review?

I'm taking a wild guess that he's a bit more of a baseball fan than a soccer fan. How will that work out then?

i know, nonsense isn't it? we'll get this circus again of the manager having to fly out to bloody boston - why don't they travel to liverpool, you know, where the football club actually is? - and then the manager of liverpool football club has to sit and explain and justify himself to some bloke none of the fans know from adam and who as you say almost certainly knows far less about football than even the thickest of paying supporters. it's an utter farce of an operation.

there's some excellent stuff on this in here, the latest anfield wrap podcast. am sure a few liverpool fans here already listen to it like: http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/podcast-shameful/

I listened to that podcast and it should raise alarm bells to every Liverpool supporter because those guys seem to be reading from the same sheet as most on this thread. If supporters on here and neutrals such as myself clearly see a managers position untenable, see the absence of even a representative of FSG at the final game of the season and the final home game of a modern era icon just plain wrong, how disturbingly detached from reality are they?

When you play badly as happens at some juncture every season a manager and fans can except this, IF, the team goes down fighting. There was no fight. My question is, added to that and started on the podcast; why couldn't they do it for their captain alone? Just dreadful no show from the players and a manger defeated at half time.

How on earth can FSG reach the conclusion to retain him as manager when he's lost the dressing? Its as clearer example as you will ever see and with the loss of Gerrard the squad needs a major injection of something fresh and new.

it's an excellent podcast mate, and not just for liverpool fans. the lads who make it are connected closely enough to the club to know a good bit about what is going on and if they're worried, then every liverpool fan should be.

there's more on the latest podcast about FSG and what their intentions are, what their nonsense business model is, who this mike gordon bloke is who has suddenly appeared out of nowhere as FSG's 'leading soccer expert' who will conduct this farcical 'end of season review'.

last time around there was still a certain percentage of liverpool fans saying "wait and see" about hicks and gillett. and look how that turned out. so while this lot aren't the cowboy asset strippers that those two were, they are far, far from benevolent custodians of the club. they're hedge fund managers who see LFC as an asset to be exploited and not a football club to be cherished and nurtured. it's a massive concern and the worry is that too many fans will fiddle while the club burns again.

we should replace brendan if someone better can be had, sure. but who? 'cos it ain't going to be klopp, it ain't going to be ancelotti like some fools are thinking. and to be honest these owners can't be trusted to either pick the right replacement or have the club's and fans' best interests at heart. so i think in brutal honesty our problems are bigger than just the manager right at this moment.

• Like 2

Bloody depressing!

As Stevie and other have said, there are no top quality managers availble who will want to work with the set up in place unless something gives very soon i.e go out and buy some quality and show a statement of intent.

Henry, Werner and whoever are based in Boston have not even issued any kind of statement after the last game of the season given the disgraceful defeat. Now is the time to say something and give the fans a glimpse they either care, that they have a plan, there will be changes.

Im still fuming about the Stoke game, never ever seen anything like that in my time watching us!!! And i'm pissed off how the players and the manager have all been out of sorts the past weeks - no fight, no quality, just looked lost.

However if Rodgers is staying then the owners need to say something already? Then just back the manager (in the market) and let the fans know whats going on, so we know were we stand on this. Look Rodgers is not a bad manager (he's not perfect to and still learning) when the pain of the last few weeks are all put into perspective he can get us playing good football but the transfers have killed us this year.

Buy a couple of top draw players we must have a striker , whatever the fee, the wages and give the whole club, fans base a massive boost and lift and get us back on track, we were looking a completely different side only last season its not impossible to think with the right transfers we can get back to being a decent team even with Rodgers at the helm, its not ideal but do we really think a new manager coming in depending who we could actually get and the current transfer model will be any improvement?

Anyway let me know when we have bought both Lacazette and Vidal !

• Like 1

Spuds apparently offering 12m for Ings.....just before he becomes a free agent! Crazy but very believable from the idiots!cheesy.gif

What comic did you read that in?

All the reports i've read say 5-6m. Sounds about right and i'll say it now, theres no way on earth Levy would pay 12m for Danny Ings

Spuds apparently offering 12m for Ings.....just before he becomes a free agent! Crazy but very believable from the idiots!cheesy.gif

All the reports i've read say 5-6m. Sounds about right and i'll say it now, theres no way on earth Levy would pay 12m for Danny Ings

To be fair carms, old Wilai does have a habit of opening his mouth before he engages his brain whistling.gif

isn't the fee supposed to be dictated by a tribunal?

In a month, if our reputed offer of 6m isn't agreed. In any event i can't see a figured being settled much higher.

That would be quite a sound piece of business.

Edited by carmine

In a month, if our reputed offer of 6m isn't agreed. In any event i can't see a figured being settled much higher.

right. so why would spurs bid £12m now? that's like peter ridsdale famously negotiating wages with seth johnson.

Bloody depressing!

As Stevie and other have said, there are no top quality managers availble who will want to work with the set up in place unless something gives very soon i.e go out and buy some quality and show a statement of intent.

Henry, Werner and whoever are based in Boston have not even issued any kind of statement after the last game of the season given the disgraceful defeat. Now is the time to say something and give the fans a glimpse they either care, that they have a plan, there will be changes.

Im still fuming about the Stoke game, never ever seen anything like that in my time watching us!!! And i'm pissed off how the players and the manager have all been out of sorts the past weeks - no fight, no quality, just looked lost.

However if Rodgers is staying then the owners need to say something already? Then just back the manager (in the market) and let the fans know whats going on, so we know were we stand on this. Look Rodgers is not a bad manager (he's not perfect to and still learning) when the pain of the last few weeks are all put into perspective he can get us playing good football but the transfers have killed us this year.

Buy a couple of top draw players we must have a striker , whatever the fee, the wages and give the whole club, fans base a massive boost and lift and get us back on track, we were looking a completely different side only last season its not impossible to think with the right transfers we can get back to being a decent team even with Rodgers at the helm, its not ideal but do we really think a new manager coming in depending who we could actually get and the current transfer model will be any improvement?

Anyway let me know when we have bought both Lacazette and Vidal !

Sorry but you say back the manager in the market, they have to the tune of £215mil it is that whoever has spent the money Brendan or your owners have spent badly.

Contract ends on June 30th and the expected Tribunal fee is 5-6m (less if he moves abroad)....which is why Spuds are allegedly coming in higher now.

Edited by wilai

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3099798/Tottenham-beaten-Liverpool-race-Danny-Ings-Spurs-bid-odds-Burnley-striker-avoid-tribunal.html

AND

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9866954/tottenhams-16312m-bid-for-danny-ings-explained

Does seem very 'UN' Levy-like

^apparently Ings prefers LFC...and the ball is in his (not Burnley's) court anyway. Manager situation might change things as German press now stating that Klopp would forget about his 6 month break should LFC make an offersmile.png If Klopp comes our preferences will change....(Aubameyang?)

Edited by wilai

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3099798/Tottenham-beaten-Liverpool-race-Danny-Ings-Spurs-bid-odds-Burnley-striker-avoid-tribunal.html

AND

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9866954/tottenhams-16312m-bid-for-danny-ings-explained

Looks like ALL the "comics" are catching upbiggrin.png

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/danny-ings-has-told-tottenham-he-wants-to-join-liverpool-10279447.html

right. so why would spurs bid £12m now? that's like peter ridsdale famously negotiating wages with seth johnson.

I've read nothing in anything related to Spurs that is quoting a figure over 6m

AND

Looks like ALL the "comics" are catching upbiggrin.png

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/danny-ings-has-told-tottenham-he-wants-to-join-liverpool-10279447.html

Thats right they're jumping on that old bandwagon!!