Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i'm not too down on ings - just so long as he's our fourth choice striker really. or preferably fifth. he's young, could well get better, knows where the net is and could prove a useful option off the bench and/or scoring against supposed lesser teams.

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

• Like 1

i'm not too down on ings - just so long as he's our fourth choice striker really. or preferably fifth. he's young, could well get better, knows where the net is and could prove a useful option off the bench and/or scoring against supposed lesser teams.

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

4th choice ? unless your saying that your going sign another 3 strikers biggrin.png besides he's already said that's he's only going to a club where he has a realistic chance of playing time !

Edited by alfieconn

well we already have sturridge on the books and origi coming in from lille alfie, so add those two to the one of ings and that makes three. so then benteke or someone else intended to be first choice would make four, of which i would hope and expect ings to be the fourth choice.

lambert will be sold, balotelli and borini we'll almost certainly end up loaning out and paying half their bloody wages.

well we already have sturridge on the books and origi coming in from lille alfie, so add those two to the one of ings and that makes three. so then benteke or someone else intended to be first choice would make four, of which i would hope and expect ings to be the fourth choice.

lambert will be sold, balotelli and borini we'll almost certainly end up loaning out and paying half their bloody wages.

Well Sturridge will be injured for most of the season so cross him off, you won't be able to rely on Origi in his first season so cross him off, so Ings won't be 4th choice and judging by what he has been saying do you think he would be coming to you if he thought he was going to be 4th choice ?

Well Sturridge will be injured for most of the season so cross him off, you won't be able to rely on Origi in his first season so cross him off, so Ings won't be 4th choice and judging by what he has been saying do you think he would be coming to you if he thought he was going to be 4th choice ?

yeah, why not. lambert did. we pay a lot.

sturridge's injuries mean that we should really be looking to sign two first-choice top-level forwards this summer. good that you're so well-informed about origi though alfie. most liverpool fans haven't a scooby how he's going to settle.

Just to put it in perspective, if you were to buy Podolski for 5m, you'd have a lot of Gooners (and I suspect Wenger) jumping in the air with joy.

He is probably the laziest player we've got.

yeah, why not. lambert did. we pay a lot.

sturridge's injuries mean that we should really be looking to sign two first-choice top-level forwards this summer. good that you're so well-informed about origi though alfie. most liverpool fans haven't a scooby how he's going to settle.

So it's now gone from signing one striker being Benteke or similar too signing two strikers, seems like my idea of signing 3 strikers is getting closer !!! rolleyes.gif

Regarding Origi, your the one who put him in in front of Ings and when i challenged the fact you said " most Liverpool fans don't have a scooby" so i'm taking it that you must be one of the few who is informed to be putting him in front of Ings ?

As for comparing Lambert at his stage of his career and Ings at his stage coming to Liverrpool then you are truly having a laugh !!

Edited by alfieconn

Just to put it in perspective, if you were to buy Podolski for 5m, you'd have a lot of Gooners (and I suspect Wenger) jumping in the air with joy.

Turkey bound I believewink.png

Turkey bound I believewink.png

We'll give you money. Honest.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will face a contrasting standard of opposition in the Europa League group stage after the seeded teams for next season's second tier continental tournament were confirmed.

The Reds are ranked outside the top eight in Uefa's coefficient standings out of the teams who have already clinched automatic qualification for the competition, meaning even ahead of the four-stage preliminary qualifying process they will miss out being one of the seeded teams.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will face a contrasting standard of opposition in the Europa League group stage after the seeded teams for next season's second tier continental tournament were confirmed.

The Reds are ranked outside the top eight in Uefa's coefficient standings out of the teams who have already clinched automatic qualification for the competition, meaning even ahead of the four-stage preliminary qualifying process they will miss out being one of the seeded teams.

Beg to think where we'll stand next season.

We were first in 2009........

Subject to medical Milner sign on July 1st.....that looks like the best bit of business we have done in 3 years.

Yes and at least you know what you are going to get, 100% commitment.Good signing.

The clown with the funny haircuts is surely on his way out or is a season of one goal in the PL deemed ok ?

• Like 1

Subject to medical Milner sign on July 1st.....that looks like the best bit of business we have done in 3 years.

Yes and at least you know what you are going to get, 100% commitment.Good signing.

The clown with the funny haircuts is surely on his way out or is a season of one goal in the PL deemed ok ?

I agree...experience and a total pro...nice business that.

• Like 2

It will be depressing if him or Borini and Lambert even turn up for pre-season.

I mean 1 goal in a league season as a striker and not fitting in with the style of play, and not turning up for training and not actually being wanted by the manager must be enough to get rid. He is not worth the cost of having him about even if we cannot sell him for more the 5M. Get rid.

Surprising signing from our owners and they seemed to of done the deal quickly, also goes against their longterm policy i.e young potential talent. I guess common sense had to prevail on one buy at least. Although never thought the likes of James Milner would be one of top earners and a guaranteed starter...

Anyway I could see Milner and Henderson working well either sides of a diamond with Coutinho at the tip and possibly Can holding? We still need more quality in that midfield to come in though and yes we need goals !

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Dev.

I'm not a big fan of Milner but if they bring that Kovacic in to bolster our midfield along with moving Can back up there, I think we'll be fine.

Then like you say, a top forward.

"A top forward"

The difference between second and sixth.

Couldn't agree more Dev.

I'm not a big fan of Milner but if they bring that Kovacic in to bolster our midfield along with moving Can back up there, I think we'll be fine.

"A top forward"

Smokie, I think its fair to say if we'd had a fit Daniel Sturridge the season would have been entirely different.

• Like 1

^Yep...the only coach not brought in by BR pays the penalty....#thatfigures

Fall guy you think?

Dear me, clubs a bloody mess at the moment.

Seems that way to me. Someone had to carry the can...end of contract = no pay off #FSGallover

Couldn't agree more Dev.

"A top forward"

Smokie, I think its fair to say if we'd had a fit Daniel Sturridge the season would have been entirely different.

That's delusional....Suarez is the loss....same as we fell apart somewhat when Bale left.

Sturridge aint that good really.

Couldn't agree more Dev.

"A top forward"

That's delusional....Suarez is the loss....same as we fell apart somewhat when Bale left.

whistling.giflaugh.png

Couldn't agree more Dev.

"A top forward"

Please tell me your taking the pish.

Couldn't agree more Dev.

"A top forward"

Correct mate, Suarez in a completely different class level to Sturridge, who is of course, a very good striker and well suited to Liverpools style of play.

Problem with Sturridge is, apart from being very far from a Suarez is he's only been fully fit at top level to have played for how many matches/ Not many, not nearly enough i'd venture. You simply cannot risk you next season, or any season on such an important component to your team with that injury record.

Ofcourse, when the club is aware they have a serious injury situation with their best striker and they go out and buy entirely unsuitable back up well thats just a bit inept isn't it. idiot owners and a manager constantly trying to prove he's much cleverer than anyone else.