Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

So....we need a new striker?....Step forward Krisztian Nemethsmile.png

KANSAS CITY, Kan.Krisztian Nemeth made MLS history and drew comparisons to one of the league's greats, with the help of a teammate making his first MLS start in more than a year.

Right back Chance Myers, whose 2014 season ended with a ruptured Achilles tendon in late May, assisted on Nemeth's 32nd-minute strike in Sporting Kansas City's 2-0 victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday night – making Nemeth the only player since the league's founding to convert his first seven shots on goal in a single season.

“If you give that guy an inch of room he scores, and that for me was the defining moment of the game,” Rapids manager Pablo Mastroeni said in his postmatch news conference. “He’s one of those guys that doesn’t have to be involved for 90-plus minutes. He picks and chooses his moment, and when he strikes he’s very good.

“To be fair, he reminds of Landon (Donovan) – the ability to really find the corner with pace and trajectory from the service he uses. He’s really dynamic and clinical.'

Oh wait.......sad.png

Edited by wilai

Hard work wading through the <deleted> posted on here over the last 7 or 8 pages ,the stuff from Alfie & NZ's equivalent of pishflapswhistling.gif reminded me of a day old pan of scouse ,the spuds thick as f#ck & the meat shredded ...80+ goals for this season & <30 against should see us in the top 4 probably 2nd behind Arsenal.

haha...I thought you were off celebrating with your rainbow flag this weekend...

Are you suggesting that I'm a woofter?

^ Looks like a Rodgers' pick.

Rodgers on O’Driscoll (October 2013):

“We need to stop blaming the players. The players get the blame in this country. No, it is the coaching. The problem is that the guys who are ’that type’ of coach you never hear of them really.

“Look at Sean O’Driscoll. He is one of the best coaches I have ever come across. He is working at Bristol City. He has never had a chance in the top flight. His teams were expressive, had movement, they were technical, but he will probably never get a chance at a higher level.”

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon yet until we start playing competitive games. This season looks like Brendan is pulling all the strings so let's see how it pans out.

Which is the way it should be if the decision is made to keep him on.

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon yet until we start playing competitive games. This season looks like Brendan is pulling all the strings so let's see how it pans out.

You think there's still a chance he will get the can before we kick a ball this season?

You think there's still a chance he will get the can before we kick a ball this season?

I think it would have to be a "crisis at christmas" to can him. Mediocre won't get him sacked until may. Big question is does he still have the dressing room? Thats the biggy.

Personally i think by keeping him FSG have basically written off another season until the appropriate candidate comes along. By then, Ancelotti's back will be fixed and Klopp's sabbatical over. Whether they will want to work for John Henry is another matter.

it does. but christ those first seven away fixtures are a kick in the balls.

• Like 1

Hard work wading through the <deleted> posted on here over the last 7 or 8 pages ,the stuff from Alfie & NZ's equivalent of pishflapswhistling.gif reminded me of a day old pan of scouse ,the spuds thick as f#ck & the meat shredded ...80+ goals for this season & <30 against should see us in the top 4 probably 2nd behind Arsenal.

haha...I thought you were off celebrating with your rainbow flag this weekend...

Are you suggesting that I'm a woofter?

I just assumed you'd be a man of the people, an equal rights for all type of person....ramsbottom wink.png

it does. but christ those first seven away fixtures are a kick in the balls.

Well....six of them anywaybiggrin.png

Liverpool seems to be adopting the scatter gun approach, sign a lot of players and hope that one or two shine.One thing is sure to finance this approach Sterling is on his way out.

Decisive business done early actually.

Gomez is one for the future, most likely loaned out

Bogdan will most likely never see a first team match

Ings will be plan B

Starters

Milner proven, experience to take charge and lead by example

Clyne is the type of right back we've been crying out for.

Firmino is a 23 year old attacker that has proven to be a success with 4 years in the Bundesliga and will help fill the gap Sterling will leave.

Sterling sale would not be required to sign the above, his sale might be useful for the next couple of buys. We will be selling a few also. Seb Coates already gone.

• Like 2

aspas sold for cash as well.

next priority is to ship out balotelli, borini and lambert. and of course boil jose enrique down for glue.

That right, so 7M worth sold as it stands.

Fingers crossed that devastating front 3 are gone early days, like next week. Yeah Jose...shi-te and injury prone, no one will buy him.

next priority is to ship out balotelli, borini and lambert. and of course boil jose enrique down for glue.

Fingers crossed that devastating front 3 are gone early days, like next week. Yeah Jose...shi-te and injury prone, no one will buy him.

big question now is what happens with sterling. couple of weeks ago i was convinced he was gone and it was just a matter of time/money. head probably still says that to be honest, but am less sure about it.

big question now is what happens with sterling. couple of weeks ago i was convinced he was gone and it was just a matter of time/money. head probably still says that to be honest, but am less sure about it.

Surely there is no coming back, it is only a matter of time before City clinch the deal. This week? I know we managed to hang on to Suarez in a similar scenario, difference being it was solely about football.

I'd be very surprised, and to be honest I'd rather take the money and hopefully improve the team.

Surely there is no coming back, it is only a matter of time before City clinch the deal. This week? I know we managed to hang on to Suarez in a similar scenario, difference being it was solely about football.

I'd be very surprised, and to be honest I'd rather take the money and hopefully improve the team.

oh you're almost certainly right man, i'm probably just fooling myself. suspect the sterling money will pay for benteke and a.n. other. illarramendi would be nice.

• Like 1

free transfers perhaps, but on second thoughts who would give ,any contract, which will equal to the ones they have now,balotelli in particurlar

a c/sea,s malouda job x three is well on the cards,

really dumb signings by liverpool, hope it continues

free transfers perhaps, but on second thoughts who would give ,any contract, which will equal to the ones they have now,balotelli in particurlar

a c/sea,s malouda job x three is well on the cards,

really dumb signings by liverpool, hope it continues

oh you're almost certainly right man, i'm probably just fooling myself. suspect the sterling money will pay for benteke and a.n. other. illarramendi would be nice.

Illaramendi is one of the more interesting names flying about and another quality player thats spent too many hours sitting on the subs bench.

btw, said this 2/3 months ago i think, but your lot should be taking an interest in Bergovic. You need a commanding keeper which Mignolet is never going to be.

• Like 1

btw, said this 2/3 months ago i think, but your lot should be taking an interest in Bergovic. You need a commanding keeper which Mignolet is never going to be.

bergovic for a couple seasons or so, has always been linked to m/u

now c/sea are favourites to get his signature

his chances of ever going to loserpool were zero, as they have, nt the necessary loot to afford his impending salary / transfer fee etc etc which c/sea or m/u,can do at a stroke of a pen

now a days loserpool are just with the other smaller clubs,spending thrifty,hustling for freebie deals, etc etc etc loserpool,cannot deliver a marquee signing, even if their life depended on it

but they do have a show pony mngr ,which matchs the future aspirations of loserpool, top half of the table at best , and perhaps with luck , thurs nite footy

a great morning to all my beautiful readerssmile.png

bergovic for a couple seasons or so, has always been linked to m/u

now c/sea are favourites to get his signature

his chances of ever going to loserpool were zero, as they have, nt the necessary loot to afford his impending salary / transfer fee etc etc which c/sea or m/u,can do at a stroke of a pen

now a days loserpool are just with the other smaller clubs,spending thrifty,hustling for freebie deals, etc etc etc loserpool,cannot deliver a marquee signing, even if their life depended on it

but they do have a show pony mngr ,which matchs the future aspirations of loserpool, top half of the table at best , and perhaps with luck , thurs nite footy

a great morning to all my beautiful readerssmile.png

Liverpool can easily afford Bergovic. Its more a case of their prioritizing and they obviously feel those lie elsewhere. I personally don't rate Mignolet because he doesn't command his box and doesn't inspire confidence.

Keepers that don't command the box generally don't command their back four and hence weaken them. Can you imagine how dreadful Tottenhams back four would have been last season without Lloris!!

Edited by carmine