Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

What do you lads think to this signing?

i really like him and think he's absolutely the best forward signing we could have made this summer. he scores loads of goals of all types, isn't just a big lump or target man, has lots more to his game than that. our biggest problem last season was no strikers and just a massive lack of goals. hopefully between firmino and benteke we've addressed that this summer - plus reasonable bench options in ings and origi, both of whom already look like upgrades on lambert, borini and balotelli.

we've had to pay top whack for him but we need a top quality striker and regular goalscorer 'cos sadly we can't count on sturridge's fitness. benteke - assuming we've got it done and he is coming to us - will do for me. think he'll flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the division.

Yeah I'm relieved that we have a proven EPL goal scorer more than anything. Sturridge, Benteke, Orgi and Ings will do for me.

I would have been more concerned if we didn't pay the money and then bring in someone like Llorente or Rondon.

I wouldn't mind seeing a cheeky deal on a decent left back just to round it off now.

agree, seen loads of lads saying we should go for lacazette from lyon and while he's good there's no guarantee he'd settle in english football at all - there's so many have come from france and not adjusted. same goes for rondon or llorente or anyone else from abroad. benteke's already premier league proven so that makes him worth another 6 or 7 million quid for me. hopefully he'll just hit the ground running.

i quite like the look of that young swedish left-back, ludwig whatshisname. and since we seem to be finally bombing enrique out we do need another one there.

This Benteke buy for me is yet again a sign that we got all our main targets and learnt from the absolute mess of last seasons summer window. We paid what was needed to get him - end off.

As Stevie mentioned Benteke will "flat track bully" a lot of opposition, I absolutely agree with this!

And if the manager and backroom team can get the best out of him and he hits the ground running we may just see even more to come from the big guy as I think he will surprise a few doubters. One thing is for sure It now gives us bloody good options upfront against various opposition - Benteke can play as the lone striker, in a two or even as an attacking front three.

• Like 1

Benteke's a very good striker. Caused us nightmares up at Villa. But unless Rodgers has a plan to change your game to suit him he'll be left in no man's land so i'll reserve judgement until we see what he does but it doesn't bode well to me and unless Rodgers makes this signing work it may well be his downfall.

Put simply, he's a better version of Lambert. A very good powerful target but he can't pass. Few of his strengths mould in with Rodgers philosophy and its going to be a case of Liverpool having to adapt to him to make it work. Can't be right. He's not good enough to have a side adapted to him.

Its be tried before and failed and i see little rational to suggest a better version will make that much of a difference. To keep trying the same thing over again when its failed is madness!!

Edited by carmine

This Benteke buy for me is yet again a sign that we got all our main targets and learnt from the absolute mess of last seasons summer window.

perhaps so, only time will tell

under waffling brenda , l/pool defence has been leaking like a civ , but this t/f window (so far) only clynne has been added to resolve this embassment

migonlet ,toure,sakho.lovren,skirtel and company .are simply not top draw,the civ will be sunk by xmas,with brenda calling for his own personal life boat (one seat) fluff the rest

its fab morning to all my lovers on the footy forumsmile.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by evenstevens

A good craic tonight...despite the weather. Despite the conditions (and Howard Webb's Thai brother), we played some reasonable stuff and should have won by a few more. Keeper and woodwork played blinders! Still...as the chavs only managed 1 in their game against the 'All Stars', 4-0 will do for starters. No-one really stood out but they didn't have to tbh.

Great afternoon/evening with the Thai lads...one of whom gave me his plazzy mac as he had a seat in West Stand. He ended up in East with the rest of us and no....I didn't give the mac backbiggrin.png #lastmanstanding

Our Akpom scored a hat trick against Singapore XI a coupla nights ago. That puts him almost in the category that qualifies him for loaning out to a lower Prem club and sinking into obscurity (rising ..... woops sinking ..... star Sanogo scored 4 a year ago!).

i really like him and think he's absolutely the best forward signing we could have made this summer. he scores loads of goals of all types, isn't just a big lump or target man, has lots more to his game than that. our biggest problem last season was no strikers and just a massive lack of goals. hopefully between firmino and benteke we've addressed that this summer - plus reasonable bench options in ings and origi, both of whom already look like upgrades on lambert, borini and balotelli.

we've had to pay top whack for him but we need a top quality striker and regular goalscorer 'cos sadly we can't count on sturridge's fitness. benteke - assuming we've got it done and he is coming to us - will do for me. think he'll flat track bully the hell out of most teams in the division.

Yes - he was widely predicted to be about to terrify our defence in the FA Cup Final. The rest is history. Man or mouse?

Being more realistic, as long as you can get him some decent aerial and through-ball supply he should do well for you. Coquelin, Ramsey and Monreal buried Delph and Grealish in midfield and Beneteke all-but disappeared.

i quite like the look of that young swedish left-back, ludwig whatshisname. and since we seem to be finally bombing enrique out we do need another one there.

Looks like Gomez is starting at left back tonight so there maybe something in that.

tony barrett says we've met villa's release clause for benteke. good.

Not messing about this window - good stuff.

seems like it doesn't it? makes a pleasant change.

would've thought it made sense to get benteke in for the asia tour to be honest but perhaps we had to wait until we'd got the sterling money in first.

You reckon he's a good fit?

i think good players adapt mate. and teams accommodate new players all the time. i don't think liverpool have only one fixed way of playing and i think rodgers has shown previously that he's capable of changing systems.

i keep reading people say "benteke needs crosses into the box" like he's only capable of playing one way. yet he plays completely differently with belgium in a totally different system and approach.

we needed at least one really good goalscorer this summer and hopefully it looks like we've signed two. i reckon he'll fit just fine with all our little skillful creative sorts buzzing around him.

• Like 2

seems like it doesn't it? makes a pleasant change.

would've thought it made sense to get benteke in for the asia tour to be honest but perhaps we had to wait until we'd got the sterling money in first.

You reckon he's a good fit?

i think good players adapt mate. and teams accommodate new players all the time. i don't think liverpool have only one fixed way of playing and i think rodgers has shown previously that he's capable of changing systems.

i keep reading people say "benteke needs crosses into the box" like he's only capable of playing one way. yet he plays completely differently with belgium in a totally different system and approach.

we needed at least one really good goalscorer this summer and hopefully it looks like we've signed two. i reckon he'll fit just fine with all our little skillful creative sorts buzzing around him.

StevieH

benteke seems a mad, almost desperate target - we'd have to totally change our established style of play to accommodate him or change his game entirely to fit in with the way that we try to play. it's that square peg/round hole thing all over again. good effective player and that but just doesn't really seem what we need. and you'd think that with all the resources at our disposal and this fabled transfer committee we could find better value for £32m.

facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Gomez stood out tonight. not sure if he should go out on loan, he'll be giving Moreno a run if keeps playing like that. Lallana looked good, as did Milner in the middle. Ibe was looked deadly when he came on.

Looking sharp already.

• Like 1

Gomez stood out tonight. not sure if he should go out on loan, he'll be giving Moreno a run if keeps playing like that. Lallana looked good, as did Milner in the middle. Ibe was looked deadly when he came on.

Looking sharp already.

brendan's said today that gomez won't be going out on loan. looks the real deal him doesn't he? very impressive.

if ibe adds an end product to his game with some finishing practice at melwood he's going to be a hell of a player.

• Like 1

Looking sharp already.

brendan's said today that gomez won't be going out on loan. looks the real deal him doesn't he? very impressive.

if ibe adds an end product to his game with some finishing practice at melwood he's going to be a hell of a player.

That's good news about Gomez - a nice unexpected surprise that kid.

Yeah you are right, Ibe could had a couple there tonight, does the hard work in getting himself there.

Unbelievable support again in Brisbane Australia.

Not a bad turnout for a mid table team!

Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane is one of the best football stadiums around .Might only hold 50,000 but every seat is always sold for major games be it Rugby Union .League and our football.

By the way the Brisbane Roar are also out of season so with a very inexperienced team they did pretty well. The round ball code is growing in Australia at an unbelievable pace. Many English clubs

could a lot do worse that connect up with Australian clubs, loads of talent coming through the ranks.