Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

LFC Legends just beat Man U in Singapore. Cracking header from Garcia and a Hamann thunderbolt (reminiscent of his goal against England!) secured the trophy.

Berger played well as did Michael Thomas (playing in the back 4). Litmanen and Garcia also.

(Could have been more but for an MoM keeping performance by some kid called Culkin who had played all of 80 seconds for MU in his entire life!) He should have stayed home (alonethumbsup.gif )

Re-match in Bangkok on the 18th.

didn't seem to want to book a city player did he?

that was brilliant though, what a fantastic performance from all of them. we've got a dead, dead good manager here. it's fun again.

That's what I was moaning about, and with Can and Lucas on a yellow it was nervy.

Aside that I am gobsmacked at what this manager has done in the period of time and with so many injuries. 4 goals away at City without a striker on the park...It is incredible!

• Like 2

Tell me, was that a one-off or have you consistently been putting in performances like that?

it was the best we've played under klopp so far though the win at chelsea wasn't dissimilar. everything clicked here though and you could really see the effect of us having just had two weeks for klopp to work with the players and also the bonus of coutinho and firmino not traveling for the brasil matches.

also did it without sakho, henderson, sturridge or benteke in the starting XI. and yes, hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Like 1

Seems like the loss against Palace is all forgotten whistling.gif

Alfie desperately searching for a straw to clutch at ! biggrin.png

I'm surprised Bredbury hasn't been on here asking if they are going to win the league. whistling.gif

No need to. My comments on the City forum

"Impressed by Liverpool's performance, no reason why they can't kick on and catch up."

"Liverpool and Spurs high energy pressing game proving effective against City. From what I've seen of those 2 teams, I will expect Liverpool to finish higher this season.".

Seems like the loss against Palace is all forgotten whistling.gif

Alfie desperately searching for a straw to clutch at ! biggrin.png

I'm surprised Bredbury hasn't been on here asking if they are going to win the league. whistling.gif

No need to. My comments on the City forum

"Impressed by Liverpool's performance, no reason why they can't kick on and catch up."

"Liverpool and Spurs high energy pressing game proving effective against City. From what I've seen of those 2 teams, I will expect Liverpool to finish higher this season.".

Oooooh you're such a bitch! post-4641-1156694005.gif

Hot and cold so far Liverpool....while we have consistency already...but we'll see...it was a fantastic performance yesterday in any case.

Glen Hoddle took time off from his exertions on the celebrity golf circuit to offer some pearls of wisdom in the television studio. Half time analysis:" I think City will get back into this, they've got pace right across the back four?!! I reckon 3-3 will be the result". He wasn't on his own. Jim Beglin, on seeing the Liverpool line up, concluded that "Klopp has set up his team to contain City by playing Firmino as a false number nine.( 38 goals for Hoffenheim but I don't have to tell you that)" Don Hutchison nearly fell over himself to agree. Where do they get these idiots from?

What I saw of Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, where they pressed and harried for the whole game, City's line up was tailor made for them. And thanks Klopp for bringing back the dying art of the back heel. We don't see enough of that simple but effective change of direction nowadays.

• Like 2

Glen Hoddle took time off from his exertions on the celebrity golf circuit to offer some pearls of wisdom in the television studio. Half time analysis:" I think City will get back into this, they've got pace right across the back four?!! I reckon 3-3 will be the result". He wasn't on his own. Jim Beglin, on seeing the Liverpool line up, concluded that "Klopp has set up his team to contain City by playing Firmino as a false number nine.( 38 goals for Hoffenheim but I don't have to tell you that)" Don Hutchison nearly fell over himself to agree. Where do they get these idiots from?

What I saw of Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, where they pressed and harried for the whole game, City's line up was tailor made for them. And thanks Klopp for bringing back the dying art of the back heel. We don't see enough of that simple but effective change of direction nowadays.

Sweet one from Neymar to Iniesta last night=goal.

Sweet one from Neymar to Iniesta last night=goal.

Did he? I'll have a look at that JD. Emre Can did it as often as he could, pulling away from the City back line then back heeling to Coutinho, Milner, Lalana running from deep. Just a simple manoeuvre but it totally wrong foots the defence.

"I think City will get back into this, they've got pace right across the back four".

That was exactly City's problem, NO pace in the back 4 or midfield 2 (ok Sagna and Mangala are not the slowest, but Kolorov, Demichelis and Fernando are just a little bit faster than Tommy Booth was).