Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

We never seem to have a plan B.

Again very flat, no urgency, pace, fluidity. 

Too many games and not enough depth.

Whether Matip got to train in the last session of not I would have had him on the park instead of Klavan.

I'm now of the opinion Can is just not good enough.

Worst showing by Hendo I've seen in a long time. 

How do you go to OT and they get a late equalised goal and the next week Swansea put 3 past you at home. 

We've not won a game without Mane.

Going to be a long run in and a difficult job to hang on to 4th.

I read a comment last week from a scouse contributer on this forum saying United were long ball merchants and ale-house footballers,I would like his take on Liverpools tactics in  the last 20 minutes of this game :whistling:

• Like 2

I read an interesting piece regards Klopp's tactics for this in that Liverpools forward play is based around the pace of Mane, yet in his absence Klopp still tried to play the same rather than adapt in his absence.  Thoughts?

Second point was in his decision to play two sitting midfielders, at Anfield to the bottom of the league side thats conceded the most goals?

Valid points? 

gee i have just seen the result,hang on let me look again.:shock1: are you alright STEVIE ?

nevermind what chicog was watching:smile: i would have loved to watch the antics of KLIPPITY KLOP.:post-4641-1156694083:

i feel there will be more than a few on that ferry cross the mersy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carmine said:

I read an interesting piece regards Klopp's tactics for this in that Liverpools forward play is based around the pace of Mane, yet in his absence Klopp still tried to play the same rather than adapt in his absence.  Thoughts?

Second point was in his decision to play two sitting midfielders, at Anfield to the bottom of the league side thats conceded the most goals?

Valid points? 

Our attack is not based around Mane, but he is  a massive part of it. His pace is so often the catalyst that pull the gaps open for the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana.

Mane is missed big time, and it is obviously quite evident.

I don't understand why Klopp hasn't thrown Ojo in, in Mane's absence. Instead Lallana slots in and that is why you have Can playing with Gini and Hendo. i'd prefer Ojo or even Sturridge out wide and Lallana back with Gini and Hendo holding. 

You have to remember we've had a lot of injuries throughout the season, and Klopp has been having to constantly tinker, cover and change the starting line up because of this and now the amount of games being played in January and we have lost the momentum. 

It just exposes the fact we have a great starting 11 when fit and available, but lack of quality in depth is very obvious. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, petermik said:

I read a comment last week from a scouse contributer on this forum saying United were long ball merchants and ale-house footballers,I would like his take on Liverpools tactics in  the last 20 minutes of this game :whistling:

What you are on about last 20 mins? Throwing Matip on injury time is hardly comparable. :coffee1:

• Like 1

On 22/01/2017 at 6:01 PM, BangrakBob said:

Our attack is not based around Mane, but he is  a massive part of it. His pace is so often the catalyst that pull the gaps open for the likes of Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana.

Mane is missed big time, and it is obviously quite evident.

I don't understand why Klopp hasn't thrown Ojo in, in Mane's absence. Instead Lallana slots in and that is why you have Can playing with Gini and Hendo. i'd prefer Ojo or even Sturridge out wide and Lallana back with Gini and Hendo holding. 

You have to remember we've had a lot of injuries throughout the season, and Klopp has been having to constantly tinker, cover and change the starting line up because of this and now the amount of games being played in January and we have lost the momentum. 

It just exposes the fact we have a great starting 11 when fit and available, but lack of quality in depth is very obvious. 

yeah that's about the size of it. what is annoying is that it was clear in the summer that we were going to miss mane when the ACN came around. we knew about it well in advance, he was obviously klopp's number one signing and vital to the way he wants to play, and we didn't get any real cover in for him. and that's coming home to roost now. our squad is thin, our owners are skinflints and we operate to make a profit apparently. that's not how you win trophies in this day and age though.

i do think jurgen got it wrong against swansea though, in line with carmine's comment above. henderson, can and wijnaldum is way too deep and functional a midfield three for that match. and it moves lallana from his best position at the top of that three as well, which really hurts us. you start, particularly for home games against teams you need to be beating, with firmino through the middle, coutinho off the left, lallana at the top of the three so he can break the lines and you fill in the other spots from there. if that means starting young ojo on the right with a remit to run at them and scare them with pace, you do it. because both origi and sturridge have shown they can't do that job and moving firmino out of the middle to play one of them two as a number 9 just weakens us again. 

in short, we're about 3 or 4 top quality players light. we should have tried to sign someone this january but it's always a horribly difficult time to get anyone. we ballsed up in the summer. we'll probably balls up again this summer, because our owners. it's frustrating.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StevieH said:

in short, we're about 3 or 4 top quality players light. we should have tried to sign someone this january but it's always a horribly difficult time to get anyone.

We did Stevie....Draxler......But PSG blew us out of the water wages wise...more than twice as much I heard:sad: Bugger has started brilliantly for them as well!

7 hours ago, StevieH said:

good news. interesting that there's no buyout clause in it apparently. not that i guess that matters if barcelona come along with £100m anyway.

Always haply to see quality players remain in the premiership.

Hope he along with others make their stay a long one.

• Like 2