Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

14 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I hope Mourinho comes to play and not like a bottom half team. 

He came with little or no ambition to win from what i saw, but i suppose he'll be the happier of the two managers.  First proper test but you can hardly say they passed it, just bored it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Tottenham game apparently mrboj since our attendance figures were better. 

Never argue without factual evidence on here hehe.

I would imagine those 73,000 would sooner watch 9 goals in a game, than a boring 1-0 Ronnie  :smile:

On 13/10/2017 at 1:33 PM, owl sees all said:

It's back to normal this w/e then guys.

Two weeks ago I was terrible; an off-day for me, with just 3 out of 10 with no perfect scores.

This week I've taken into account my past errors, injuries, and what some did for their countries in the last 14 days and I'm confident of getting all the scores correct this time 'round.

3-1 Liverpool v Man Utd
Eagerly awaited north west game. Biggest test for Man U thus far!!
2-0 Burnley v Irons
Burnley to continue their great form. Their defender James Tarkowski is a great find. Good for England.
0-4 Palace v Chelsea
The Blues will be stung by the deserved criticism in the City game. Palace need a weaker team to play to stop their rot.
4-0 Man City v Stoke
Go, go, go City. Another 4 goals. Maybe more!
1-1 Swans v Huddersfield
Draw all day long. Could be 0-0.
3-1 Spurs v Cherries
Superspurs to get off their Wembley mark.
1-3 Watford v Arsenal
I fancy Watford to score but lose. Richarlison is a fine player and will be with a 'big team' next season.
2-2 Seagulls v Ticklers
Just can't see either team winning this. Toffee supporters must be worse than pig sick so far.
1-1 Saints v Georgies
Draw all day (and night) long.
1-1 Leicester v WBA
Both teams started OK but have faded. Draw all over. Maybe 0-0 even.

The only shock I can envisage is at Watford. Although a Hornet's win might not be a shock going by EPL placings.

Biggest game for me outside the EPL; Wolves v Villa. Two fallen giants of English footy. Their supporters must be looking at the teams in the EPL and asking; why and how?

My mate in uk went the other way on most of these and was very unfortunate to miss out on a quick 500 (pts) due to burnleys failure to capitalise on the extra man at home.

To Win

Burnley

Swansea

Tottenham

Man city

Palace

Close but not close enough.

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

To Win

Burnley

Swansea

Tottenham

Man city

Palace

Close but not close enough.

Shame. Burnley should have won!

I've been let down by just the one twice this season. Yesterday; nothing. Keep 'em crossed for the mid-week acc'.

I did have a redeeming kiss on the Watford/Ars game; both teams to score.

Did you see the corner count on Sunderland/QPR game?

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, carmine said:

He came with little or no ambition to win from what i saw, but i suppose he'll be the happier of the two managers.  First proper test but you can hardly say they passed it, just bored it.

Agree. A moral victory for Liverpool.

He knew City would hit Stoke for 6 (7 even) and he reckoned he would just try to hang on their pig-tails as they race away to a glorious EPL championship, with record goals and maybe points.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Just now, owl sees all said:

Agree. A moral victory for Liverpool.

He knew City would hit Stoke for 6 (7 even) and he reckoned he would just try to hang on their pig-tails as their rivals race away to a glorious EPL championship, with record goals and maybe points.

With the help of a friendly ref.  How on earth did Lukaku stay on the pitch?!!  That was a straight red.

It"ll be interesting to see how many games the FA ban him for.......but then again they have the luxury of Ashford on the bench and Martial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Mou still hasn't the balls to go for three points away from home against a decent side. With City looking as great as they do, Mou ought to be eyeing three points every time out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Mou still hasn't the balls to go for three points away from home against a decent side. With City looking as great as they do, Mou ought to be eyeing three points every time out.

I agree but I think he just didn't fancy being beaten by Liverpool.

A win at home and a draw away (76 points)  is not going to be good enough by a long way this season.

Think you are right about going for 3 points every time. Win home games and 50% of aways gives 84 points. Should be enough for 2nd spot.

Edited by owl sees all

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A win at home and a draw away (76 points)  is not going to be good enough by a long way this season.

Think you are right about going for 3 points every time. Win home games and 50% of aways gives 84 points. Should be enough for 2nd spot.

He can clearly see city are the best side ever and will have the league wrapped up by Xmas, we will be happy finishing 2nd if we do behind such a fantastic team.

As for yesterday we had 6 1st team players out maybe if he had Pogba and Fellaini we would have put in a better show, but getting a well earned point will do for where we are at right now.

Just my observation Liverpool are very wasteful in front of goal and you need clinical striker to finish off the chances created.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nev said:

As for yesterday we had 6 1st team players out maybe if he had Pogba and Fellaini we would have put in a better show,

Interesting!! 

In Superspurs double winning team of 60/61 only 13 players were needed and in the season overall only 17. The tacking was hard, the pitches were muddy, the ball heavy and they played plenty of games.

Is it something to do with the way teams train now or did they play through 'knocks' in those days. I personally don't think the muscles are conditioned enough now-a-days.

I played at a reasonable level and the last season, I took a strain in the first match and played through to the last game with the same injury. 

Edited by owl sees all

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Interesting!! 

In Superspurs double winning team of 60/61 only 13 players were needed and in the season overall only 17. The tacking was hard, the pitches were muddy, the ball heavy and they played plenty of games.

Is it something to do with the way teams train now or did they play through 'knocks' in those days. I personally don't think the muscles are conditioned enough now-a-days.

I played at a reasonable level and the last season, I took a strain in the first match and played through to the last game with the same injury. 

Maybe they are a bunch of wussies now, or maybe the game is faster hence more injures.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:25 AM, owl sees all said:

United will be lucky to finish second, Spurs are a much better team. United have beaten bottom half teams and had an easy run for the first 7 matches. First sign of a supposed difficult match and they had one shot on target. Ex-player pundits with their usual bumfluffery about United.

Watching Bein in the ME, it was incredible how the whole half-time chat revolved around United and Mourinho. 

Edited by BangrakBob

Who's the brainchild of this half-arsed latest update, no direct link to the football forum on the main page, no visible prompt to go to the football forum. If you find your way trough the forums page it kicks you back to the main page when you click the football forum back link. <deleted> <deleted>

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Who's the brainchild of this half-arsed latest update, no direct link to the football forum on the main page, no visible prompt to go to the football forum. If you find your way trough the forums page it kicks you back to the main page when you click the football forum back link.

I agree but I think the plan was to get an easier link through to 'The Nation'. That's where the day-to-day news is.

• Like 1

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Improving the site speed would be a far better idea.

Five minutes for a post to register when I am using a connection strong enough to support streaming live football is ridiculous.

The web-master is under pressure at the mo'. The new up-date has teething probs'.

2 hours ago, StevieH said:

that was fun. and it's been coming. hopefully give us a bit of a spring in the step going into spurs away at the weekend.

I think after last night, Spurs will have a spring in their step also. Should be a cracker and not a bus park game

Couple of recent boring James milner tweets I liked:

I asked the Ox if he prefers sitting on the bench for us in the UCL or sitting on the bench for Arsenal in Europa. He said Not now, James.

I said to the Ox I told you they would play you at right-back. He said It was only for 8 seconds. I said That's where it begins.

• Like 1

When we have the a CL week the days seem to wizzz by. How much notice to take from those results? Just a little I think. Last week 5 results with one perfect score. This week I'm confident of 10 from 10 with a few correct scores. Here we go then::

2-1 Irons V Seagulls
WHU got away with a fortunate point last week. I have them down to win this one; but only just.

2-0 Chelski v Hornets
Been outplayed for the last 3 games. Are they going to buck up? Watford are good on the break but I'll take Chelsea to win.

1-1 Huddersfield v Man U
Hudders' are not Liverpool so I reckon Moreeneho will be more adventurous. A draw is a good a point for both teams.

3-0 Man C v Burnley
They are scoring goals all over the place. Burnley are a tougher nut than Stoke. Not 7 this time; just 3. Have that record goals tally firmly in their sights. I'm having to rethink Sterling for my FF teams. Left him out because of his his greedy attitude when leaving liverpool. But he is cutting the mustard for City. When is Diaz going to go up against the big 'uns?

2-1 Geordies v Palace
Newcastle will put Palace to the sword. Could be 2-0.

1-1 Stoke v Cherries
Draw all day long.

1-1 Swans v Leicester
Draw or home win; closest one for me to call this w/e.

1-1 Saints v WBA
Draw all day long even with Gabbi back.

1-2 Ticklers v Arsenal
So sorry Toffee fans. Another miserable afternoon.

0-2 Superspurs v Liverpool
If liverpool can keep their width at Wembley then I fancy them to do it with ease. Must tell Salah not to cut in at the half way line but wait untill the last man is beaten; then PASS the ball. I rated Robertson and now he has gone out of sight. Where is he?

Biggest game for me outside the Prem' is Bristol City against Leeds U. City for the EPL next season??!! Yes, yes, yes!! You heard it here first folks.

Leeds; capital of the north, are not good enough for the top level (by a long way). Shame!! Would be nice to see them locking horns with the Manchesters' and Liverpools'. A few years time maybe.

Don't want Boro or Sunders back for a while yet. I'll take Cardiff, Bristol City and W Wanderers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

When we have the a CL week the days seem to wizzz by. How much notice to take from those results? Just a little I think. Last week 5 results with one perfect score. This week I'm confident of 10 from 10 with a few correct scores. Here we go then::

2-1 Irons V Seagulls
WHU got away with a fortunate point last week. I have them down to win this one; but only just.

2-0 Chelski v Hornets
Been outplayed for the last 3 games. Are they going to buck up? Watford are good on the break but I'll take Chelsea to win.

1-1 Huddersfield v Man U
Hudders' are not Liverpool so I reckon Moreeneho will be more adventurous. A draw is a good a point for both teams.

3-0 Man C v Burnley
They are scoring goals all over the place. Burnley are a tougher nut than Stoke. Not 7 this time; just 3. Have that record goals tally firmly in their sights. I'm having to rethink Sterling for my FF teams. Left him out because of his his greedy attitude when leaving liverpool. But he is cutting the mustard for City. When is Diaz going to go up against the big 'uns?

2-1 Geordies v Palace
Newcastle will put Palace to the sword. Could be 2-0.

1-1 Stoke v Cherries
Draw all day long.

1-1 Swans v Leicester
Draw or home win; closest one for me to call this w/e.

1-1 Saints v WBA
Draw all day long even with Gabbi back.

1-2 Ticklers v Arsenal
So sorry Toffee fans. Another miserable afternoon.

0-2 Superspurs v Liverpool
If liverpool can keep their width at Wembley then I fancy them to do it with ease. Must tell Salah not to cut in at the half way line but wait untill the last man is beaten; then PASS the ball. I rated Robertson and now he has gone out of sight. Where is he?

Biggest game for me outside the Prem' is Bristol City against Leeds U. City for the EPL next season??!! Yes, yes, yes!! You heard it here first folks.

Leeds; capital of the north, are not good enough for the top level (by a long way). Shame!! Would be nice to see them locking horns with the Manchesters' and Liverpools'. A few years time maybe.

Don't want Boro or Sunders back for a while yet. I'll take Cardiff, Bristol City and W Wanderers.

OSA you like em long alright.  Some of those are nearly no hopes but I wish you the best of luck.

Spurs will score.

Has been not too bad of late the gods have been glancing.

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

OSA you like em long alright.  Some of those are nearly no hopes but I wish you the best of luck.

Spurs will score.

Has been not too bad of late the gods have been glancing.

Looing again at the predictions, I can't see any shocks there. Liverpool winning at Wembley and M Utd drawing wouldn't be surprises. 

I would be happy about Spurs scoring but I wouldn't put my shirt on it. I'm just looking at form. Liverpool will be buzzing. They will think they have turned a corner. Wembley is a grave-yard for Spurs. Should have ground-shared with Arsenal or WHU.

Roll on the new WHL.