Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Dawn breaks over Norway, Merseyside and some places that nobody has ever heard of near the M6, to the sounds and smells of kopites cacking themselves at the thought of the big event today.

This came to me after more Leo than I am used to and I thought it would be useful as an opener for my next novel. Any thoughts?

Anyway heavy snow is forecast for the area, starting around about now, and may lead to it being called off. Must check up.

• Like 1

A great example of Allardyce "genius"  Two flat banks set up tight playing for a draw.   20% possession.

But,  as has been said already, question marks over Klopp's selection? 

Edited by carmine

So well done Spurs and Man City. Only teams to take 3 points.

I just can't understand this Liverpool team. Goals all over the place leading up to the derby and on the big day they struggle. Yes! Mane was selfish but they should have stuffed the Toffeemen in the first 20 minutes.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

Just now, StevieH said:

yep, we'll take that eh? 

and two of barca, chelsea, madrid and PSG out this round.

Let's just hope he doesn't rotate and rest anyone on such a big occasion and then completely <deleted> up the substitutions like yesterday...sorry had to get that out.

Loving this tie...

13 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Let's just hope he doesn't rotate and rest anyone on such a big occasion and then completely <deleted> up the substitutions like yesterday...sorry had to get that out.

Loving this tie...

yeah i was pissed off as well man. with both the starting XI and the subs. i do love klopp but his randomness at times bothers me. not starting coutinho against an everton who were obviously going to park three buses and then subbing off your most in-form goalscorer salah baffled me. as did leaving solanke on when bringing on firmino, 'cos one of them has to play out of position by default. frustrating as hell.

anyway, onwards and upwards. give baggies a hiding tomorrow night.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wilai said:

^ Couts did miss a couple of days training so maybe not considered fit enough for 90 mins.

oh did he? didn't know that. and thought oxlade-chamberlain played quite well in fairness.

also, tell me i'm not imagining this - coutinho doesn't pass to robertson does he? doesn't like that his bezzie alberto isn't out there on the left.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

oh did he? didn't know that. and thought oxlade-chamberlain played quite well in fairness.

also, tell me i'm not imagining this - coutinho doesn't pass to robertson does he? doesn't like that his bezzie alberto isn't out there on the left.

Think the plan was to not use Coutinho at all....hurriedly got him ready whilst the pen was being taken. As to the passing, (I hope) the plan is for Robertson to be the decoy runner allowing Couts space to cut inside and shoot.

• Like 2

Similar post to the one on the Totty thread. Couldn't resist it. Just had to tell all the red's fans about the 6-0 win.

The games are coming thick and fast. Is it because of the World Cup and the International breaks squashing the fixtures?

I think this format can be unfair on the fans (two close away games), although teams that travelled a long way at the w/e do not have far to go this mid-week.

Anyway, there are some chances for teams who should have done better last time out to redeem themselves; as in Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and Chelski.

2-0 Burnley v Stoke City
Burnley, along with City, are the shock team of the season for me. Already with 28 points they can look upwards instead of down. Unlike Stoke who have nose-dived and are looking at the results of the likes of Swansea, Palace and WBA.

I'm going for The Clarets to win with ease.

2-2 Palace v Watford
This should be a good game. Palace climbing out of trouble, at home to unpredictable Watford. Plenty of goals. I'm on the fence.

1-3 Huddersfield v Chelsea
Great win by The Terriers last time out. Chelski will be bemoaning their tired little bodies even more if they don't win. Never hear the end of it by POTY hopeful evenstevens.

1-0 Newcastle v Everton 
The Magpies are in deep trouble. Fortunately for them Everton are not much better. Very lucky to get away from Anfield with that point on Sunday. Newcastle to nick one at the death.

0-2 Southampton v Leicester
I fancy leicester to finish above one of the big boys. They are powering up the table. Can they do better than The Arsenal at St Marys?

Saints are just a mid-table outfit at best now-a-days. The stats on this one will be interesting; Saints a possession team v break-a-way Foxes.

1-2 Swansea v Man City
Can Swans stop the Citizens steamroller? The bookies say NO way! I agree but it will not be as easy as against Utd last time out.

6-0 Liverpool v WBA
When it doesn't matter quite so much I expect all the near misses to go in tonight. WBA for the drop.

2-1 Man Utd v Bournemouth 
After being soundly beaten by City this is a chance for Utd to restore some smiles to the red half of Manchester. I think The Cherries will give it a good go though.

2-0 Spurs v Brighton
Are Brighton in for a tanking just like Stoke!? A comfortable win for SuperSpurs. Eriksen doing the bizzo like before the last international break.

1-1 WHU v Arsenal
Can The Irons roll over another of the big boys? If they can win this one it will be 'hail the Moyesia' all over the East End. I can see pleny of Arsenal possession but Moyes' boys holding strong. Draw all day long.

+++

Not too much happening outside the Prem', but the Fart Cup replay between Crewe and Blackburn stages on Wednesday night. Can hardly say the two club names in the same sentence.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Similar post to the one on the Totty thread. Couldn't resist it. Just had to tell all the red's fans about the 6-0 win.

The games are coming thick and fast. Is it because of the World Cup and the International breaks squashing the fixtures?

I think this format can be unfair on the fans (two close away games), although teams that travelled a long way at the w/e do not have far to go this mid-week.

Anyway, there are some chances for teams who should have done better last time out to redeem themselves; as in Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and Chelski.

2-0 Burnley v Stoke City
Burnley, along with City, are the shock team of the season for me. Already with 28 points they can look upwards instead of down. Unlike Stoke who have nose-dived and are looking at the results of the likes of Swansea, Palace and WBA.

I'm going for The Clarets to win with ease.

2-2 Palace v Watford
This should be a good game. Palace climbing out of trouble, at home to unpredictable Watford. Plenty of goals. I'm on the fence.

1-3 Huddersfield v Chelsea
Great win by The Terriers last time out. Chelski will be bemoaning their tired little bodies even more if they don't win. Never hear the end of it by POTY hopeful evenstevens.

1-0 Newcastle v Everton 
The Magpies are in deep trouble. Fortunately for them Everton are not much better. Very lucky to get away from Anfield with that point on Sunday. Newcastle to nick one at the death.

0-2 Southampton v Leicester
I fancy leicester to finish above one of the big boys. They are powering up the table. Can they do better than The Arsenal at St Marys?

Saints are just a mid-table outfit at best now-a-days. The stats on this one will be interesting; Saints a possession team v break-a-way Foxes.

1-2 Swansea v Man City
Can Swans stop the Citizens steamroller? The bookies say NO way! I agree but it will not be as easy as against Utd last time out.

6-0 Liverpool v WBA
When it doesn't matter quite so much I expect all the near misses to go in tonight. WBA for the drop.

2-1 Man Utd v Bournemouth 
After being soundly beaten by City this is a chance for Utd to restore some smiles to the red half of Manchester. I think The Cherries will give it a good go though.

2-0 Spurs v Brighton
Are Brighton in for a tanking just like Stoke!? A comfortable win for SuperSpurs. Eriksen doing the bizzo like before the last international break.

1-1 WHU v Arsenal
Can The Irons roll over another of the big boys? If they can win this one it will be 'hail the Moyesia' all over the East End. I can see pleny of Arsenal possession but Moyes' boys holding strong. Draw all day long.

+++

Not too much happening outside the Prem', but the Fart Cup replay between Crewe and Blackburn stages on Wednesday night. Can hardly say the two club names in the same sentence.

Can’t argue with too much there pal - although I would say Southampton after the Arsenal display might just edge the Foxes and United and SuperSpurs will get a bag full 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StevieH said:

Still should not have taken Oxlad off and Firmino should have replaced Solanke at just after half time

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Still should not have taken Oxlad off and Firmino should have replaced Solanke at just after half time

yeah man. thought OAC was playing quite well. and starting solanke seems to me still mental whatever anyone says. it's everton at home man, it's the derby. don't play an unproven kid.

• Like 1