Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Just need to smash them in home leg. Pep has only won 5 of 23 CL away knock out fixtures.

Very good point. Liverpool at home in the first leg are capable of a few goals. City will not 'shut up shop' as they will be confident of being able to overturn anything back at Manchester. I reckon 2-0 will see a great second leg.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Why not, it’s better than Sunday

I agree...but JK doesn't!

Asked if the moving of the game would not actually help his team, Klopp was adamant.

"No. It means the players get up on Thursday, have lunch or breakfast, and then we train and then we have secondary recovery the next day and then we play at 12.30pm."

26 minutes ago, wilai said:

I agree...but JK doesn't!

Asked if the moving of the game would not actually help his team, Klopp was adamant.

"No. It means the players get up on Thursday, have lunch or breakfast, and then we train and then we have secondary recovery the next day and then we play at 12.30pm."

If we beat Watford & Crystal Palace, and Tottenham get a point minimum at Chelsea then we should be able to rest some lads.

Surely only having 48 hours rest compared to 72 hours rest is a greater disadvantage than playing on Saturday lunch time.

With your track record against us over the years and recently you must be very confident of going through.

I know I'm not confident of going through. In recent sessons we've battled through all our demons: we now have the better of ManU when it used to be a loss, we can feel confident at the Emirates when it was always a loss and against Arsenal in general, so winning at Anfield regularly is our last frontier.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

With your track record against us over the years and recently you must be very confident of going through.

I know I'm not confident of going through. In recent sessons we've battled through all our demons: we now have the better of ManU when it used to be a loss, we can feel confident at the Emirates when it was always a loss and against Arsenal in general, so winning at Anfield regularly is our last frontier.

I don’t think anyone could be confident against the cup favourites.

At this stage of the game anyone of the last 8 is not going to be easy. 

The only thing I like about this fixture is playing at home first. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Beating Wigan needs to be on the list

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Liverpool's 2nd was on the cards for so long: great finish by Salah. Back up to 2nd then.

Oxlade-Chamberlain coming on made the difference, shame for Lallana. 10 point gap to the Chavs now ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Our defence are gonna have to be at their best to keep him quiet on wednesday

Biggest game I can remember in years and Spurs have done us a favor today. No excuses now, we can focus completely.