Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Team coach route changed by Police (building works....yeah right!:whistling:) Now going up Arkles Lane and past the Arkles pub. There goes the City fans chance of a quiet pre-match beer. Well done Mr Plod:clap2:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wilai said:

Team coach route changed by Police (building works....yeah right!:whistling:) Now going up Arkles Lane and past the Arkles pub. There goes the City fans chance of a quiet pre-match beer. Well done Mr Plod:clap2:

Being reported in the Manchester Evening News route changed due to threats being made on the team bus by scouse fans.....well done Mr Plod....safety should always come first,if they hadn,t have reacted they would have been criticised so they do react :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Being reported in the Manchester Evening News route changed due to threats being made on the team bus by scouse fans.....well done Mr Plod....safety should always come first,if they hadn,t have reacted they would have been criticised so they do react :thumbsup:

Missed the point mate....The new route goes close to where the away fans coaches park. Any 'scallies' will now congregate at The Arkles instead of King Harry possibly creating a problem between fans. City's coach could have used Arkles Lane and LFC the usual route...simples:coffee1:

• Like 1

Great game in prospect. 2-0. I think being at home gives Liverpool the slightest of advantages. In the return leg I reckon The Reds can score one. That means City have to score 4. Can't see it.

If City were at home first I would fancy them to get through. 

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Great game in prospect. 2-0. I think being at home gives Liverpool the slightest of advantages. In the return leg I reckon The Reds can score one. That means City have to score 4. Can't see it.

If City were at home first I would fancy them to get through. 

This is too close to call IMO. You could be right or you could be massively off target. If this was in the Prediction Comp I'd abstain

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

This is too close to call IMO. You could be right or you could be massively off target. If this was in the Prediction Comp I'd abstain

I agree. City are favorites to go through. Even tonight it is close with the draw being up there. I just think Liverpool have a great chance if they can score 2 tonight and keep City to nil.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I agree. City are favorites to go through. Even tonight it is close with the draw being up there. I just think Liverpool have a great chance if they can score 2 tonight and keep City to nil.

37 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah I've no clue, but I'd take owls prediction all day long.

If we can keep a clean sheet I'd be ecstatic, but that won't happen, so we need to try and bag a hat full. Even if we did win by 2 or 3 goals, I'd still be apprehensive going to the Etihad. We could well get battered, best team in Europe, champions elect by a record margin. Tall order. 

Either way, I can't wait for this match, QF in CL at Anfield don't get much better than when we are underdogs and playing against a team that wants to play attacking football come what may it is a dream fixture.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Well, City will need to score a goal or two away. I have a hard time imagining Liverpool not scoring at least three, if not four total in both legs. It'll be interesting to see if Pep comes up with a defensive wrinkle we haven't seen. Not likely I suppose.

I think the key might be if City can handle Klopp's pressing. Will need big efforts from Spanish Dave and KDB, and being clinical in front of goal.

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Well, City will need to score a goal or two away. I have a hard time imagining Liverpool not scoring at least three, if not four total in both legs. It'll be interesting to see if Pep comes up with a defensive wrinkle we haven't seen. Not likely I suppose.

I think the key might be if City can handle Klopp's pressing. Will need big efforts from Spanish Dave and KDB, and being clinical in front of goal.

Stopping the Sane/Silva combination is our nightmare.

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Stopping the Sane/Silva combination is our nightmare.

If you concentrate too much on them two, your worst nightmare will happen. KdB will put a beautiful ball through and on the end of it will be............................................Raheeeeeeeeeeem :smile:

Just now, mrbojangles said:

If you concentrate too much on them two, your worst nightmare will happen. KdB will put a beautiful ball through and on the end of it will be............................................Raheeeeeeeeeeem :smile:

it's a minefield, we'll just have to attack, forget defending

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I doubt Pep will change anything and if our 7 attackers don't be clinical, Liverpool will open up our 3 man defence 

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Up the Reds <a href="https://t.co/o6ttCzn37k">pic.twitter.com/o6ttCzn37k</a></p>&mdash; SH (@Sennesation) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/981568662032220161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

5 minutes ago, StevieH said:

that was fun. by which i mean not really enjoyable in any way at all until the final whistle blew. well, half time whistle. we played generally well. and is it right that city didn't have a single shot on target?

so much for our weak link, alexander arnold was out of this world. and that atmosphere was brilliant as well. 

Yes, not one shot on target.  How did Mane get the better of both Company and Walker?!!  Thats piss poor.

49 minutes ago, StevieH said:

and for all that possession didn't have a single shot on target.

klopp beat guardiola all ends up there. klopp got his personnel and tactics spot on. guardiola dropped his top available scorer, played gundogan right midfield and a young centre half just arrived in england to mark mo salah. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

and for all that possession didn't have a single shot on target.

klopp beat guardiola all ends up there. klopp got his personnel and tactics spot on. guardiola dropped his top available scorer, played gundogan right midfield and a young centre half just arrived in england to mark mo salah. 

I didn't like those changes before the game and even less now.