Will It Work ? What?

homeownership

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have about a month's worth of work to fit in here, after pulling all that dough from your business and you're just too busy to build a site right away for someone. So you're working from home/office without a permit in Thailand? Do I have that right, or are you in La La land where there are no rules?

And you want to advertise not only some delusional money you have, but your illegal work?

Please explain, and please tell me why you're the only guy I ever heard of who had that much cash and was still doing the mundane?

Please forgive me for saying I don't believe you.

You have made quite a few assumptions. Not least being: Why do I care if you believe me ?

If you didn't care, you wouldn't answer me.

• Like 2

It is likely something was lost in translation, op. Guessing what she meant was, forget the website, just give me some money. wink.png

No honey, no money.

So this is really all about how she rejected you?

C'est la vie, as you would say in England

A recently advertised property in London.

The property tax alone is £17.5 million if one wants to purchase it.

With £13.5 million,you are rich to the average person.

To the average rich,you are a poor person.

• Like 1

There seem to be a lot of IT related foreigners in Thailand and at TVF.

I find many of these people are not all there. It's as if they live in a magical world only they can see and where their delusions are their reality.

And now you ask, ok, what's my point? Well, I see a post where someone has sold 50% of his company for 12.5 million quid and is still considering doing programing for a bed & breakfast/cooking school. Really? It's like me collecting organs from dead people or cleaning test tubes in the lab. Sure it would be fun to brush up on my slice and dice technique, not that I was very good and I was politely asked to stop mutilating corpses as no one could use the mangled bits I was allegedly harvesting, but my point is, I wouldn't want to go back and do grunt work. It's like asking an experienced sparky to go back and do apprenticeship jobs.

So, umm, ok. I'm having a hard time on understanding the OP here.

Spot on ,why would you bother with building someone a 300 USD website if you have 13.5 million GBP?

There's something that doesn't quite add up here.This could be a first,someone telling tall stories on Thai Visa!

Edited by Eesat
  • Like 1

Do you feel like a big man now?

Never have I seen a post displaying such wanton hubrisclap2.gif

Short memory?

My brain leaks, too, when I sleep. But some of the posts here on TV - you just can't un-read.... (Or at least I can't)

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Looks like the OP has a computing background

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-maddox/31/20b/9b0

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The guy's just a software engineer,a low-level gopher for some company!!!

I notice he's not responding on this thread anymore and his avatar has now disappeared,maybe his 13,500,000 was in Vietnamese Dong,Laotian Kip or Cambodian Real,about £2.37 pence in Sterling?

You have about a month's worth of work to fit in here, after pulling all that dough from your business and you're just too busy to build a site right away for someone. So you're working from home/office without a permit in Thailand? Do I have that right, or are you in La La land where there are no rules?

And you want to advertise not only some delusional money you have, but your illegal work?

Please explain, and please tell me why you're the only guy I ever heard of who had that much cash and was still doing the mundane?

Please forgive me for saying I don't believe you.

You have made quite a few assumptions. Not least being: Why do I care if you believe me ?

If you didn't care, you wouldn't answer me.

I like how you expect others to act, how you act. Hows that working out for you ?

It is likely something was lost in translation, op. Guessing what she meant was, forget the website, just give me some money. wink.png

No honey, no money.

So this is really all about how she rejected you?

C'est la vie, as you would say in England

No. I didnt feel rejected because I didnt approach.

There seem to be a lot of IT related foreigners in Thailand and at TVF.

I find many of these people are not all there. It's as if they live in a magical world only they can see and where their delusions are their reality.

And now you ask, ok, what's my point? Well, I see a post where someone has sold 50% of his company for 12.5 million quid and is still considering doing programing for a bed & breakfast/cooking school. Really? It's like me collecting organs from dead people or cleaning test tubes in the lab. Sure it would be fun to brush up on my slice and dice technique, not that I was very good and I was politely asked to stop mutilating corpses as no one could use the mangled bits I was allegedly harvesting, but my point is, I wouldn't want to go back and do grunt work. It's like asking an experienced sparky to go back and do apprenticeship jobs.

So, umm, ok. I'm having a hard time on understanding the OP here.

Spot on ,why would you bother with building someone a 300 USD website if you have 13.5 million GBP?

There's something that doesn't quite add up here.This could be a first,someone telling tall stories on Thai Visa!

Read the entire thread before commenting. Ive already answered this question.

In all seriousness though,people who don't have any money always boast about having lots,whereas people who do have money ALWAYS plead poverty,it's the same in any country in the world!

Bit of a generalisation isnt it. Thats like saying all TVF posters are divorced, with a 20 year thai bride.

In all seriousness though,people who don't have any money always boast about having lots,whereas people who do have money ALWAYS plead poverty,it's the same in any country in the world!

Bit of a generalisation isnt it. Thats like saying all TVF posters are divorced, with a 20 year thai bride.

It's more like saying 'people who are full of themselves struggle with basic punctuation'.

• Like 1

I notice he's not responding on this thread anymore and his avatar has now disappeared,maybe his 13,500,000 was in Vietnamese Dong,Laotian Kip or Cambodian Real,about £2.37 pence in Sterling?

When choosing an avatar, obviously I didnt want to put my own photo up, so I just googled "software engineer", his face suited what I needed. Now that some one on here has placed a link to an actual person, I am not going to represent myself as being them. I didnt realise at the time, this is an actual person, not a stock photo, so apologies to the guy. Thats why I also removed the avatar.

It's more like saying 'people who are full of themselves struggle with basic punctuation'.

Or people who lack confidence have to spell every work correctly and with correct grammar.

When choosing an avatar, obviously I didnt want to put my own photo up, so I just googled "software engineer", his face suited what I needed. Now that some one on here has placed a link to an actual person, I am not going to represent myself as being them. I didnt realise at the time, this is an actual person, not a stock photo, so apologies to the guy. Thats why I also removed the avatar.

Who in their right mind would google some specky geek and use it as an avatar?

one avatar is as good as another.

one avatar is as good as another.

Indeed, but I am trying to work out what is true here (God knows why but there it is). Which is the lie - you deleted the references to the UK companies, or that the geeky guy is not you.

Lets put it this way to offer you clairity.

If you accept, that everyone on here (I suppose) is either using an avatar or no avatar because it is an anonymous forum then why I use a picture of myself.

I have not given out any information that identifies me personally and so if I chose to walk away, I need not fear being stopped at customs etc, because of information I may have posted on here.

I dont suppose the avatar you are using is actually you either is it, perhaps for the same reasons.