How Many Times A Person Can Get A 30-Day Visa On Arrival?

Hello everybody,

I'm here on a work permit, but my boyfriend has been here on a double entry tourist visa and then he got 2 visas on arrival because he's travelling to other countries for a job. He's entered Thailand last week coming from India and we're planning to go to Cambodia to vista Angkor Wat. I was told that going out and coming back by land he will get only 15days. Is coming back by plane enough to get a visa on arrival? Because the idea was going to Siam Riep by train and then visit Pnonh Penh and take a flight back from there.

One more question: How many times a person can get a 30-day visa on arrival going out and flying back? Is there a limit?

Thank you in advance,

Nico

Land entries allow 15 days and airport entries allow 30 days for citizens of many countries. Russians get more than 30 days. This is not a visa on arrival but a visa exempt entry. There is no limit.

Russians get MORE then 20? blink.png Or you mean 30 exactly?

Land entries allow 15 days and airport entries allow 30 days for citizens of many countries. Russians get more than 30 days. This is not a visa on arrival but a visa exempt entry. There is no limit.

where can be read official that Russian get more than 30 day's? giggle.gif

I know only Victor Bout which got 2 years wink.png

Edited by challenger99
  • Like 1

The latest I can find about visa-exempt entry by Russians is that they get 30 days both by air and by land. The official information, ie the website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs, is here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15383-List-of-countries-which-have-concluded-Agreements.html. Countries subject to the rule of 15 days by land, 30 days by air are on this separate page: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

As AsiaExpat pointed out, this is unlikely to be a visa on arrival, but a visa exempt entry.

Tends to get very confusing, but terminology is really quite important.

As others have said, you can get repeated visa exempt entries, 15 days by land and 30 days by air.

I wonder, given that the OP mentions the other half entering from India as to whether she is referring to a Visa on Arrival or a Visa Exempt Entry (not an item of choice as both these types of entry are only available depending on the arrivee's nationality, which is not stated).

You can get many 30 day on arrival visa exempt stamps. I leave the country so often for work that I rarely get any kind of visa and I've been coming and going for 6 years. To board a plane to come to Thailand he will need an outward bound ticket leaving within 30 days. If you are going to Cambodia within 30 days make sure he has the itinerary so he can board in India. To come back from Cambodia he should also have an outward bound ticket, but if you are flying Air Asia you may not get asked. I have never been asked for one by them.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

The latest I can find about visa-exempt entry by Russians is that they get 30 days both by air and by land. The official information, ie the website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs, is here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15383-List-of-countries-which-have-concluded-Agreements.html. Countries subject to the rule of 15 days by land, 30 days by air are on this separate page: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

It is bilateral agreement so is not effected by the 15/30 day visa exempt entry provision. For normal Russian passport 30 day entry and official/diplomatic 90 day entry.

HMMMM...???

The USA has 'most favored' status but are not as free as the Russians..??

All has to do with reciprocity. Thailand lets Russians enter visa exempt for the same period as Russia lets Thais. US is way to strict for Thais and most Asians.

HMMMM...???

All has to do with reciprocity. Thailand lets Russians enter visa exempt for the same period as Russia lets Thais. US is way to strict for Thais and most Asians.

------------------

A U.S. citizen can also get a 30 day visa exempt entry on arrival by AIR as can other nationalities.

It's the same rule, 30 day visa exempt entry by air, and visa exempt entry by land.

In response to the OP's original question before the Russian dimension somehow crept in, are not 30/15 day visa exempt entry stamps limited to 3 over a 6-month period, consecutively or otherwise?

In response to the OP's original question before the Russian dimension somehow crept in, are not 30/15 day visa exempt entry stamps limited to 3 over a 6-month period, consecutively or otherwise?

No, there was a regulation they tried to implement, but it went away with the Police Order implemented I think December, 2008.

Edited by beechguy

HMMMM...???

Thailand and Russia has a bilateral agreement for visa free entries meaning a Thai can also enter Russia and get a 30 day entry.

Do you think the US would agree to such an agreement.

So the thing is that he can go to Cambodia by bus, but then he has to come back by plane to have the 30 days, am I right?

So the thing is that he can go to Cambodia by bus, but then he has to come back by plane to have the 30 days, am I right?

It depends on his nationality.

Ok, it's Italian, so it's 30. Thank a lot!

Ok, it's Italian, so it's 30. Thank a lot!

Yes it's 30 days if your Italian Boyfiriend arrives by air with you from Cambodia, but his entry will be a 30 Day Visa Exempt Entry not a Visa on Arrival as you wrote in your original post.

• Like 1