Is It Hot Or Is It Me?

jaideeguy

This is my 13th summer up here in Chiang Mai and it is also the hottest I've felt. Making me lazy, stupid, cranky, and miserable. Family and friends say it's much hotter than past summers, so I'm not alone in whining about the weather.

Just wondering if you guys from other areas are feeling the same??

Or is it my tolerance for heat going down with age going up in years??

Do they make a 'chill pill'?

• Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past 2 days very hot mid afternoon out in the sun

50 km North west of BKK, had to close the windows in the bedroom last night and put the air con on.. [not simple as have 8 windows in master bedroom, normally open 24/7]

No idea how hot but needed the toilet and the landing and upstairs bathroom felt hot, back in bedroom was cold, Air con set at 28, wake up at 4am freezing and switch air con off........ dread to think how I could manage in UK

Edited by ignis

40 in Ghan pang pet so stop complaining and put the air con on

Last month more than Baht 4K in electricity bill, due to air cons.

Sell themrolleyes.gif . You get extra cash and loose the 4k/month.

What's stopping you? wink.png

40 in Ghan pang pet so stop complaining and put the air con on

Last month more than Baht 4K in electricity bill, due to air cons.

Sell themrolleyes.gif . You get extra cash and loose the 4k/month.

What's stopping you? wink.png

it is worth it, although my wife thinks it is too much.

• Like 1

IMO, this is a pretty typical Chiang Mai summer - miserable. The last few years were cooler because it rained much more than usual during April and May. I was hoping this year would be the same, but no such luck. sad.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

Today has been very hot in Chiang Mai, I had dinner with two different sets of Thai friends last week who said it was the hottest they could remember.

It says a high of 38 today, it feels warmer, and the 7 day prediction is 37 / 38.

90 deg Farenheit in my friends condo in Pattaya with fans only running.

The boss in my household says she is too hot. She hates to go out in this heat - as do I.

I gripped the handlebars of the m/c today and they were burning hot. Have to put a towel on the seat to preserve the boss's lower bits.

YES, it is hot.

IMO, this is a pretty typical Chiang Mai summer - miserable. The last few years were cooler because it rained much more than usual during April and May. I was hoping this year would be the same, but no such luck. sad.png

Nows about the time that someone posts some historical and current statistics to prove Ulysses G is hiding inside his aorcon office.

Last couple of months has been hot here as well.....160km WSW of BKK.

Have felt comfortable in the 32 - 34 degrees range, but just those extra ones that nudge the mercury to 40 makes a helluva difference.....especially when outside cutting grass or weeding.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets lazy when it's hot.....my wife would disagree, she reckons it doesn't have to be hot.

Cheers.

Don't use aircon, you sweat like a pig when you go out and I always wear jeans, you just get acclimatised. I have always worn jeans in LOS and they seam to keep me cooler, beats burning hot sun on your legs.

Not got a balaclava yet.

Yeah it's in a brown bottle and has a green and gold label.

BUT the brown bottle with green & gold label..., could lead to laziness, apathy...., even feelings of despondency. Which, if the heat is getting to you, may be a working cure!

Seriously..., I pound 4-7 litres of water every day! it's always cold water and I take at least a couple cold showers even knowing I may break out in a sweat whilst drying off. One thing that should be of no surprise to anyone visiting or living in Thailand...., with only a few times each year where the temp may dip below 20C..., it's hot!!!!

Month of April in Chiang Mai had 16 days above 100F. Seven days were below, with a lowest high of 97F. The rest were at 100F exactly. Earlier, humidity remained low, but in the last week it's been climbing into the muggy zone.

Never thought I would ever miss the cold winters of my homeland!

When I made the final move to LOS, I joked about how nice it will be to never need a heater or woodstove again!

Now, I suspect that if I ever woke up to a cold frosty morning, I would be convinced that I had died and gone to heaven!

Truthfully , I would rather live in constant heat than constant cold, but an occasional chill would be refreshing!

Do a Thai girl's nipples get hard in cold weather while in Thailand? Nobody knows the answer!

( couldn't tell through the padded bras if they did get cold!) cheesy.gif

post-147745-0-45537800-1367468625_thumb.

• Like 1