Is It Hot Or Is It Me?

jaideeguy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, seems hot here in naklua/pattaya right now.

One of the rare times I use the air con, set at either 29 c or 28 c.

Prefer the heat to the cold though.

Drinking plenty of water.

As I type this, I am melting into a puddle of sweat and oil....... A large puddle blink.png

Normally i dont use the aircon during the day but now I do at 28 degrees just enough to get a bit more comfortable.

No aircon in the main room but both bedrooms have aircon. Maybe about time I moved into a bedroom. The electric bill went up 15% this last month keeping the main bedroom cool. Cannot have 'boom boom' without the air con set at 25 or so whistling.gif

Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat as they used to say in Latium.

(It's not the heat, it's the humidity).................wink.png

I'm sure they have a similar phrase for it here as well.

• Like 1

Past 2 days very hot mid afternoon out in the sun

50 km North west of BKK, had to close the windows in the bedroom last night and put the air con on.. [not simple as have 8 windows in master bedroom, normally open 24/7]

No idea how hot but needed the toilet and the landing and upstairs bathroom felt hot, back in bedroom was cold, Air con set at 28, wake up at 4am freezing and switch air con off........ dread to think how I could manage in UK

Leave the windows open at night???? Are there not any mosquitos where you live? I have to keep my windows closed at night.

Window screens and mosquito netting are available now in Thailand!

Down to about 5k walk now instead of 10.Very hot and need to drink plenty of water when power walking

I struggled today at the Muay Thai, I usually love the pad work but I was begging for it to be over today. Second session starts at 4.30 as the trainer reckons any time before then would be far too hot to train.

How's the weight loss going?
what camp are you at mr Blether.

Past 2 days very hot mid afternoon out in the sun

50 km North west of BKK, had to close the windows in the bedroom last night and put the air con on.. [not simple as have 8 windows in master bedroom, normally open 24/7]

No idea how hot but needed the toilet and the landing and upstairs bathroom felt hot, back in bedroom was cold, Air con set at 28, wake up at 4am freezing and switch air con off........ dread to think how I could manage in UK

Leave the windows open at night???? Are there not any mosquitos where you live? I have to keep my windows closed at night.

Window screens and mosquito netting are available now in Thailand!

I have screens on my windows, but still get mosquitos, so I just close the window and put on the air conditioner.

43 C in the shade here today. The water in the little moat around my house is virtually boiling and strange things not seen before are growing in it. Seriously do not recall it ever being quite this bad.

Thailand has three temperatures, hot, very hot and not so hot. It is always hot.

For those with hot water coming out of the shower, buy a bin. It might not be the greatest bathroom feature, but a bin full of water will get cold. Nice and refreshing.

I also recommend mist fans. Far superior to the standard ones, surprisingly so.

Edited by mjj

I also recommend mist fans. Far superior to the standard ones, surprisingly so.

For short periods they do, the downside is that you are pumping more moisture in to the surrounding air and increasing the humidity, when you turn them off in an enclosed area it will be way worse than it was without them.

They work well in restaurants, because you leave before the negative effect of them comes in to play.

In Korat its hotter than a weightlifter's jockstrap.

The wife took this picture yesterday afternoon, because its something she never saw here before. Usually 41 to 42 on the dashboard temp display...

321407_4390325570860_410233175_n.jpg

The wife took this picture yesterday afternoon, because its something she never saw here before. Usually 41 to 42 on the dashboard temp display...

No need for gas for cooking at that temp. Grill all your food on the street outside smile.png

Here on the other side of the mountains, temp is the same but humidity 3x more. Every so often it rains bringing brief relief but most of the time just threatens to.

This heat is a good reason for cleaning the fan blades on the wall, ceiling and floor fans at home. It is amazing how a small amount of dirt can slow the speed of the fans and the amount of air circulating off the blades.