Oh Aye.....

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone following this celebration thread gives TB all their likes for a month, how soon does he reach 10,000, and then we can enjoy a 10,000 thread!

What about Kevjohn? He is almost the same amount. He might be first to 10,000

• Like 1

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

Oho....controversial! tongue.png

Bragging about being at top of the likes is absurd. All it takes for someone with lots of posts is just one assistant playing a silly game to pour them on, day after day after day, liking most anything just for the numbers game to make sure the assisted is ALWAYS on top. TB has made a thing about vainly bragging about of a thing that is NO thing. Reminds me of what Gertrude Stein said about Oakland. coffee1.gif

You're getting to the point JT, if you take a close look at the likes log there is indeed a certain pattern.

An even more obvious pattern is the poster, which is actually in the same circle, with the 300% likes to posts ratio.

300%? you mean they have 500 posts and 1500 Likes?

If everyone following this celebration thread gives TB all their likes for a month, how soon does he reach 10,000, and then we can enjoy a 10,000 thread!

The schmart (sic) money is on TB being ahead, all the time, every time, ad infinitum.

TB, a veritable epidemic of likes ...

Edited by Jingthing

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this but for the benefit of those of us who weren't around when there was a dislike button, why don't you enlighten us as to 'what actually was happening'?

No. It's a dead topic.

So you're forcing us to guess?

My guess is that some naughty users were 'salting' the system by 'disliking' everything other users said, and that you were a victim of this.

The problem with that is that artificially inflated dislikes are as easy to spot as artificially inflated likes - making getting upset about either somewhat puerile...

Aaaah, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. thumbsup.gif

You're getting to the point JT, if you take a close look at the likes log there is indeed a certain pattern.

An even more obvious pattern is the poster, which is actually in the same circle, with the 300% likes to posts ratio.

That's what I mean, only the figures are different from the ones you mention, and easy to find who as I said " same circle.

The poster in question has only to fart on this forum and get at least 2 likes, from the same members .

To make clear, I don't have anything against that particular member, I agree with and enjoy some of the posts, but it's just too obvious.

Edited by jbrain

That's what I mean, only the figures are different from the ones you mention, and easy to find who as I said " same circle.

The poster in question has only to fart on this forum and get at least 2 likes, from the same members .

To make clear, I don't have anything against that particular member, I agree with and enjoy some of the posts, but it's just too obvious.

Nonsene JB, if i was your pal i wouldn't like all your farts!

Just the loud ones.sick.gif

wai.gif

wai.gif

The real rippers that make the windows rattle...

• Like 1

wai.gif

Probably it's just me , but care to explain in dumb men terms, as this is the kind of humor that goes above my hat.

wai.gif

Probably it's just me , but care to explain in dumb men terms, as this is the kind of humor that goes above my hat.

The smell tends to go up(above) and not down.

Edited by Dancealot

wai.gif

The smell tends to go up(above) and not down.

He's just lucky he doesn't smoke

It's been a fascinating thread - from JT & JB's tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the 'like' system being bilked, to the point of suggesting that TB has 2 (a couple - I'm paraphrasing) 'followers' who 'like' all of his posts and 'unfairly' inflate his count/ego/whatever.

Interestingly, nobody seems to have noticed that TB has zero likes from this thread. Kinda blows the 'follower' theory out the water. In fact it's the ones most vocal about how the 'like' system doesn't matter, who seem to be massaging one another's egos by liking one another's posts.

• Like 1

"Oh aye George......I think I should point out that theblether has now sailed over the 5,000 Likes figure."

How much corruption in this figure?

If this is actually a valid figure, and truly representative of the will of the forum, which I doubt, then it looks like you are unbeatable.

In this case we will just outlast you.

Carly Simon - You're So Vain (with lyrics)

I would like more likes, I am feeling a little down and rejected lately.

The schmart (sic) money is on TB being ahead, all the time, every time, ad infinitum.

TB, a veritable epidemic of likes ...

TB is a head and a whole lot more, apparently.

Are you saying there is a club out there?

And they circle jerk each other infina....infennat...a ludicrous amount?

• Like 1

5000 likes. well done,

how many did you receive for posting a picture of your girlfriends ass?

I reckon the prize for such a golden achievement should be another month off.

Dont blame all the jealousy on 1 guy, please.

There is another,.... soon...... rolleyes.gif

Are you saying there is a club out there?

And they circle jerk each other infina....infennat...a ludicrous amount?

Yes mate, they are like a cult. They call themselves the pink brigade.

Edited by jbrain

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

only one way to find out, bring back the feature please!