Oh Aye.....

5,000 likes is pretty irrelevant on it's own. It's not the likes, it's the like:post ratio that separates the men from the boys...

Not knocking (other than to say, 'counting likes?? Seriously???'), yours is very high at 74%...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5,000 likes is pretty irrelevant on it's own. It's not the likes, it's the like:post ratio that separates the men from the boys...

Not knocking (other than to say, 'counting likes?? Seriously???'), yours is very high at 74%...

If we're counting likes seriously, like, then it's worth pointing out that the Like function is relatively new, and some amongst us who are well-established on the board accrued a substantial post count before the Likes were introduced.

SC

Istherenae'erse'button onthis forum?

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

Oho....controversial! tongue.png

Bragging about being at top of the likes is absurd. All it takes for someone with lots of posts is just one assistant playing a silly game to pour them on, day after day after day, liking most anything just for the numbers game to make sure the assisted is ALWAYS on top. TB has made a thing about vainly bragging about of a thing that is NO thing. Reminds me of what Gertrude Stein said about Oakland. coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The likes button is a good thing BUT it should be accompanied by a dislike one too. Would save me getting into trouble at times smile.png . As I recall when we had the dislike thingy there were only a few silly billy's fooling with it, though one or two members did get upset. sad.png

Lets have a poll. biggrin.png

• Like 2

The likes button is a good thing BUT it should be accompanied by a dislike one too. Would save me getting into trouble at times smile.png . As I recall when we had the dislike thingy there were only a few silly billy's fooling with it, though one or two members did get upset. sad.png

If you like a post first then after you can dislike your own like.. Good enough?blink.png Cant see the point in that.

Bragging about being at top of the likes is absurd. All it takes for someone with lots of posts is just one assistant playing a silly game to pour them on, day after day after day, liking most anything just for the numbers game to make sure the assisted is ALWAYS on top. TB has made a thing about vainly bragging about of a thing that is NO thing. Reminds me of what Gertrude Stein said about Oakland. coffee1.gif

You're getting to the point JT, if you take a close look at the likes log there is indeed a certain pattern.

An even more obvious pattern is the poster, which is actually in the same circle, with the 300% likes to posts ratio.

Knock yourself out.

Why ?

If you like a post first then after you can dislike your own like.. Good enough?blink.png Cant see the point in that.

Before we had a red button and it told you who disliked your comment, you could also see who the silly bill's were rolleyes.gif , for me one is useless without the other cos it does not show a balanced view from all the readers.

• Like 1

Istherenae'erse'button onthis forum?

I like that idea. A 'like' button and an 'erse' button would be so much better than a boring 'like' & 'dislike' button...

How's this idea?
Wipe ALL the likes.

Every poster gets to give ONLY one like a day.

No more than one like to the same poster each week. Largely diluting the nepotism factor.

Add them up, and the end of the year, the top three liked get large CASH prizes.

Now that would be something.

Edited by Jingthing

How's this idea?

Wipe ALL the likes.

Every poster gets to give one like a day.

No more than one like to the same poster each week.

Add them up, and the end of the year, the top three liked get large CASH prizes.

Thats daft. coffee1.gif

Indeed. No more daft than bragging about most likes in the current system though.

• Like 1

How's this idea?

Wipe ALL the likes.

Every poster gets to give ONLY one like a day.

No more than one like to the same poster each week. Largely diluting the nepotism factor.

Wiping might be interesting...

But the rest of the idea is awfull.

I like to post but i dont post to like.

How's this idea?

Wipe ALL the likes.

Thats daft. coffee1.gif

Indeed. No more daft than bragging about most likes in the current system though.

Why not brag, just a bit of fun for most thumbsup.gif , but I say again, the dislike button showed the whole picture from all sides. smile.png

How's this idea?

Wipe ALL the likes.

Thats daft. coffee1.gif

Why not brag, just a bit of fun for most thumbsup.gif , but I say again, the dislike button showed the whole picture from all sides. smile.png

Ah i am relatively new here but i understand now why the dislike button was removed..

• Like 1

Seems a few complained about getting dislikes for no apparent reason. As I recall. rolleyes.gif

You don't recall very well about what actually was happening.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this but for the benefit of those of us who weren't around when there was a dislike button, why don't you enlighten us as to 'what actually was happening'?

Seems a few complained about getting dislikes for no apparent reason. As I recall. rolleyes.gif

You don't recall very well about what actually was happening.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this but for the benefit of those of us who weren't around when there was a dislike button, why don't you enlighten us as to 'what actually was happening'?

Yes, lets hear it JT. thumbsup.gif

No. It's a dead topic.

No. It's a dead topic.

Oh now it's been build up too muchrolleyes.gif . Come'on..

This has nothing to do with forum support as there is no question regarding forum operation or anything broken except perhaps the op. Moved to the pub or the narcissism thread.

What's wrong with being narcissistic. sad.png

If you have to ask ...

Give it a by with the trolling Jingthing .......the ignore button is your friend smile.png

Calling someone a troll is the new trolling. Haven't you heard?

• Like 1

No. It's a dead topic.

So you're forcing us to guess?

My guess is that some naughty users were 'salting' the system by 'disliking' everything other users said, and that you were a victim of this.

The problem with that is that artificially inflated dislikes are as easy to spot as artificially inflated likes - making getting upset about either somewhat puerile...

• Like 1