Oh Aye.....

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

only one way to find out, bring back the feature please!

There should be 1 objective person who's only job it is to dislike posts all day. This is the only way.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the dislike button was still active and nullified one-for-one the Likes how many Likes the OP would still have. Suspect JT would use up his daily quota of dislikes pretty quickly. biggrin.png

only one way to find out, bring back the feature please!

There's quite enough negativity on here already, without adding more

Does anyone know if it is possible to "hit" the 'Like This' button, and then about two, ten minutes, or 1/2 hour later, if you cannot make up your mind, then recall the decision and withdraw the 'Like'? Or is this not part of the software as currently configured.

Does anyone know if it is possible to "hit" the 'Like This' button, and then about two, ten minutes, or 1/2 hour later, if you cannot make up your mind, then recall the decision and withdraw the 'Like'? Or is this not part of the software as currently configured.

Click the like button again on the post, will remove it. smile.png

Give it a go, and find out. Think of yourself as a digital era James Cook.

SC

I don't know if there is a time limit as with editing your post, but you can dislike any given likes. However the like keeps accounted for in the posters total of likes.

I don't know if there is a time limit as with editing your post, but you can dislike any given likes. However the like keeps accounted for in the posters total of likes.

Wrong!

• Like 1

It's been a fascinating thread - from JT & JB's tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the 'like' system being bilked, to the point of suggesting that TB has 2 (a couple - I'm paraphrasing) 'followers' who 'like' all of his posts and 'unfairly' inflate his count/ego/whatever.

Interestingly, nobody seems to have noticed that TB has zero likes from this thread. Kinda blows the 'follower' theory out the water. In fact it's the ones most vocal about how the 'like' system doesn't matter, who seem to be massaging one another's egos by liking one another's posts.

I understand what you are saying ... but on this occasion I don't think that theblether was the poster referred to as having a few members who just 'like' his posts ... it was someone one else.

• Like 1

Wrong!

Wrong what ?

You know what, give me a like for this post and then remove the like and I will tell you if a like has been accumulated to my current total.

Wrong!

Wrong what ?

You know what, give me a like for this post and then remove the like and I will tell you if a like has been accumulated to my current total.

I LOST five likes from my total once, l upset some folk. sad.png

• Like 2

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

I can't believe that you're still bickering about this, rather than finding out for yourself. There have been plenty of great posts on this thread that you could've checked the posters' total, liked' checked again, unliked, checked again. You'd be better with one of our less popular posters, who seem to accrue likes only slowly, to avoid any confusion...

I don't know what happens to the Likes of deleted posts, though....

SC

EDIT: Apologies for messing up the Quotes. I hope that the above attribution is clear

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

It's been a fascinating thread - from JT & JB's tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about the 'like' system being bilked, to the point of suggesting that TB has 2 (a couple - I'm paraphrasing) 'followers' who 'like' all of his posts and 'unfairly' inflate his count/ego/whatever.

Interestingly, nobody seems to have noticed that TB has zero likes from this thread. Kinda blows the 'follower' theory out the water. In fact it's the ones most vocal about how the 'like' system doesn't matter, who seem to be massaging one another's egos by liking one another's posts.

I understand what you are saying ... but on this occasion I don't think that theblether was the poster referred to as having a few members who just 'like' his posts ... it was someone one else.

Oh. Right... Really? I've been labouring under the misapprehension that the allegations were aimed at TB. That would explain why there's not much evidence of anyone systematically liking his posts... Since the subject's frothed it's way to the surface though, I've noticed a few others who seem to be involved in a mutual admiration society...

Oh. Right... Really? I've been labouring under the misapprehension that the allegations were aimed at TB. That would explain why there's not much evidence of anyone systematically liking his posts... Since the subject's frothed it's way to the surface though, I've noticed a few others who seem to be involved in a mutual admiration society...

If you spoke nicely, they might let you in.

SC

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

I can't believe that you're still bickering about this, rather than finding out for yourself. There have been plenty of great posts on this thread that you could've checked the posters' total, liked' checked again, unliked, checked again. You'd be better with one of our less popular posters, who seem to accrue likes only slowly, to avoid any confusion...

SC

EDIT: Apologies for messing up the Quotes. I hope that the above attribution is clear

I'm not bickering about anything in this thread, but what you suggest is that I should lower myself to dislike posters who have nothing to do with it.Because they will be notified that I liked them, then when they check they will notice that I disliked them for no apparent reason .

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

I'm not bickering about anything in this thread, but what you suggest is that I should lower myself to dislike posters who have nothing to do with it.Because they will be notified that I liked them, then when they check they will notice that I disliked them for no apparent reason .

Well you could try it with someone like myself, who was most unlikely to take offence

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

You're not disliking someone, you are un-liking - that is removing your like for whatever reason, mistake or otherwise, and unless they saw it before the removal they wouldn't know the difference. There is nothing in the profiles to list dislikes. Incorrect terminology from the old system being used on the new one. And yes, it does remove a count from the member Likes when you click un-like.

post-566-0-00287600-1367655116.jpg

• Like 1

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

Well you could try it with someone like myself, who was most unlikely to take offence

Dancealot was right, when unliked the like gets removed from the total.

Have I won something ?

Edit : Speeling

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

i suppose the ultimate question is why would you actually care?

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

Dancelot was right, when unlicked the like gets removed from the total.

Have I won something ?

But the record of the application of the Like still appears in my notifications (I should've remembered that; it's happened before).

So I still have a Notification that says "JBrain liked a post of yours...." and the shortcut takes me to the post, but there's no like there.

When I look on my profile, at the Likes Received there is no trace of the removed like. So no-one else need ever know. Unless I make a big thing of it and post about it on the forum.

SC

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

the next question is how many notifications did you just recieve? I just liked and unliked you about 20 times

Edited by candypants

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

You're not disliking someone, you are un-liking - that is removing your like for whatever reason, mistake or otherwise, and unless they saw it before the removal they wouldn't know the difference. There is nothing in the profiles to list dislikes. Incorrect terminology from the old system being used on the new one. And yes, it does remove a count from the member Likes when you click un-like.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

You're correct about the un-liking and that the count get's removed, tested it just on Streetcowboy, but when one receives a like he get's a notification of it, when he then is unliked the notification still stands. So he is made aware that he received a like as soon as he logs in, but if he check the post concerned there will be no like visible.

Edit : SC beat me to it with his post.

Edited by jbrain

JBRAIN QUOTE

Wrong what ?

ENDQUOTE

SC

the next question is how many notifications did you just recieve?

Eleven , so far.

That could be frustrating, for someone as vain as me.

SC

EDIT: I'm off to bug JT

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

the next question is how many notifications did you just recieve?

Eleven , so far.

That could be frustrating, for someone as vain as me.

SC

i wont make a habit of it, but i hit like and unlike a few times out of curiosity

edit: i'll join you. perhaps we should keep this under our hats

Edited by candypants

i suppose the ultimate question is why would you actually care?

I'm out of likesbah.gif