Nearest British Consulate To Physically Go To And Renew A Full Passport

If you are in the UK you can get a passport on the same day, but you have to make an appointment.

As far as I'm aware there's nowhere outside of the UK you can pitch up and get a standard passport on the same day.

As others have advised all passport applications from overseas have to be sent to the Regional Processing Centre, they check the eligibility and then initiate the process of printing and despatching your new passport from the UK.

In the IPS Business Plan they aim to allow replacement passports to be ordered online, this procedure has been put back to at least 2014.

I understand that new passports are arriving in about a month.

• Like 1

less than 2 weeks usually.

In that case, my recent new passport was the exception to the 2-week rule in taking a month to arrive!

less than 2 weeks usually.

In that case, my recent new passport was the exception to the 2-week rule in taking a month to arrive!

The website says about 4 weeks. My recent renewal was just 2 days less than that.

To actually answer the question - Vientiane embassy.

Still have to go through Hong Kong by post, only emergency travel documents from Embassies/Consulates in Asia.

You can get it done in an hour at a passport office in the UK for a fee, other than that its the same everywhere you go (2-4 weeks) as all passports are issued by the IPA. Emergency travel documents can be obtained from the embassy but they are only good for travel back to the UK & you need a valid ticket to get one, otherwise your stuck here until they issue you a new full PP.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Actually emergency passports are valid for travel if destination country will accept. We just had a case reported for a trip to Philippines for a UK Embassy Bangkok issued document.

I applied for a new passport via Hong Kong my credit card was processed on the 24 April, my new passport was delivered today, 10 days after my application was processed, I thought that to be pretty good.

You can get it done in an hour at a passport office in the UK for a fee,...

Actually "under 4 hours", and only by appointment which can be made up to 3 weeks in advance, and only 7 passport offices do it. They also do a slightly cheaper service whereby you present your application in person (again with an appointment) and they then post the passport back to you (in the UK) supposedly in less than a week.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Although expensive these do all work out cheaper than doing it here.

I applied to renew my entirely full passport October 2012, and a friend here did the same the following month. Mine took just over three weeks, and his less than two weeks. The application is made to Hong Kong, and the new passports are sent out from the UK.

I work in Shenzhen, so having completed the forms in Korat, I took the form and photos to the consulate in Hong Kong on one of my regular shopping trips across the border.

They wouldn't even let me in the door.

The main reason I wanted to go in was to check the photo 'head' size (which was rejected the following week). Also I wasn't clear about fees either. Admittedly they give all the information, but it is a little bitty on the website - you can't just get the information 'at a glance' you have to study several pages.

I also found several discrepancies between information on the Thai consulate site and the HK site.

I had to go to the local post office and mail it from there. I asked the doorman if they had a mailbox, but no.....

They emailed me very efficiently the following week however to say the photo wasn't quite right, and responded back with further questions very promptly.

I sent mine from Patong DHL to HK last December 17th (a Monday) and it was delivered back by to me again by Patong DHL on Friday 4th Jan which I thought impressive over the Christmas/New Year period......

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

The webpage that link I posted states a minimum of 4 weeks to get a UK passport for Thailand or Laos.

I believe that the two weeks quoted by some is for a US passport.

The guidance is to allow 4 weeks. My daughters took 4 weeks last year. Mine, applied for slightly later, was delivered exactly 2 weeks to the day.

You can make a same day appointment in London, and can normally collect new passport in about 4 hours from application. Okay if you're there but expensive to fly specially.

You can get an temporary or emergency travel document from British Embassies / Consulates - but this is not a new passport.

New passport are only issued from London no matter which regional centre you apply too.

Hello

​first job to do is make a copy of your old passport (full every page OK ) the old one does no need to be sent because illegal to be here without it OK but a copy is advised because under UK law you must cut off the corner once you have a new passport either by a visit to the consulate and they do it or using a pair of scissors you do it

about getting a new British passport the forms filled in here in Thailand check by a British embassy or consulates office they then give you a payment slip for DHL office one in chiangmai and also Bangkok & pattaya the fee is paid two fold one fee to the embassy now in Hong Hong and that is an international bankers draft or a completed form using a valid credit card (this available from the consulate or embassy in Bangkok the fee to DHL is on a special pricing arrangement but you need the slip from the consulate given after they check your forms photos and additional documents so you put all in the envelope and send to the Hong Kong offices it takes 14 days from the date they receive it in their office to the date DHL call at your home with your new passport "please note" you are then responsible to get any visa that's valid here transferred from your old passport to the new one so on the visit to immigration have both passports with you also note you must also get your land lord or your wife in whose home you may be living in to re register you using the key master form from Immigration you have 24 hours to do this after you receive the new passport but note again transfer the visa first then do key master form and then prepare for the 90 day visit which you can calculate from the date in your old passport as you did not leave at all so any 90 is still valid OK which show your last visit and the date of the next one OK

I have used three passports up since I moved here 25 years ago so you could say I am very well versed in the process.

@sugar2009

You may be very versed in the procedure, but sadly your information is not accurate, and difficult to read without paragraphs.

There is no need to copy the complete passport, just the bio page and the page containing your permission to stay.

The British Embassy or Consulate has no involvement whatsoever, it doesn't check the application and neither does it take the money.

The applicant sends the application and fee directly to Hong Kong.

Not sure what you mean when you refer to the 90 day visit, I'm assuming you are referring to the 90 day report.

It is simple you have to use Hong Kong from Thailand, no need to send your passport just the photo page, the Embassy in Bangkok will not want to see you for anything relating to a renewal, they only get involved in initial passports for babies.

If you want to travel then you will have to get an emergency travel document from the Embassy.

SUDGIRL - sorry but that is wrong unless you mean you sent your passport to get a visa for Thailand.

@sugar2009

You may be very versed in the procedure, but sadly your information is not accurate, and difficult to read without paragraphs.

There is no need to copy the complete passport, just the bio page and the page containing your permission to stay.

The British Embassy or Consulate has no involvement whatsoever, it doesn't check the application and neither does it take the money.

Not sure what you mean when you refer to the 90 day visit, I'm assuming you are referring to the 90 day report.

It may also be good to point out that your passport (which will still be in your possession if applying from Thailand) will be electronically cancelled once the renewal process begins.

So, even though you have the physical passport in your possession, don't try to use it for travel during the process, wait until your new one arrives.

@sugar2009

It may also be good to point out that your passport (which will still be in your possession if applying from Thailand) will be electronically cancelled once the renewal process begins.

So, even though you have the physical passport in your possession, don't try to use it for travel during the process, wait until your new one arrives.

I read this when I renewed my passport. I wonder how they do it. Is the Passport Office's computer linked to the computers of the immigration department in every country in the world? Do they use a satallite to zap your passport? I doubt it. You might have a problem entering UK, but travelling from Thailand to Cambodia?????