What Motivates Members To Choose The Avatars That They Pick As Their Signature

mascarakatze

Doe's "hello dolly" see himself as Billy Idol (young and cool) ? How about WinnietheKhwai does he see himself as a laughable bull ? Semper as a goofy buffoon. Lawrencechee as a dog. How about MESmith is he slim and cool or morbidly overweight. What do you think goes into choosing a photo to represent themselves One more "uptheheos" a butch bearded guy with a ridiculous little cowboy hat, what do you think he really looks like a skinny wimp who can't grow a beard

post-170399-0-32581600-1367750668_thumb.

• Like 1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played acoustic guitar almost daily since I was 11 years old. Mostly folk music in my early days down in Greenwich Village, moving through various musical genre over the years (blues, jazz, pop, New Age, etc.,) but basically I'm a folk guitarist. Not a great one, just a fairly steady one. Can't sing worth a damn, but I manage to get a song across so that folks don't go running for the exits. I had a picture of Clapton as my avatar for a while, until I ran across this one of Gordon Lightfoot. Being that I play a lot of his songs, and not much Clapton, I figured it was a better choice and changed.

Gee i wonder why ME Smith chose his avatar, or why winnie chose a buffalo.

and what could possibly explain my pic?

i think the OP would be better off trying to understand why the usernames were chosen, rather than the avatar.

but then i reckon he would be better off turning off the computer and going for a swim

• Like 1

What about those like myself that don't have an avatar,,, should we be banished into the "who gives a fcku" group?

Kind of. I'd say more like nattering nabobs of negativity.

Credit to Spiro Agnew.

Yours reminds me of LSD, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

smile.png

• Like 1

"One more "uptheheos" a butch bearded guy with a ridiculous little cowboy hat, what do you think he really looks like a skinny wimp who can't grow a beard"

Bloody heck, you MUST know me!!

(It's uptheos by the way)

"One more "uptheheos" a butch bearded guy with a ridiculous little cowboy hat, what do you think he really looks like a skinny wimp who can't grow a beard"

Sadly the young here have never read ''Desperate Dan'' stuff. sad.png

• Like 1

I know, but how to tell them what they missed out on? wink.png

I know, but how to tell them what they missed out on? wink.png

They would think we were daft as the iPod won't compute. sad.png

I had the striking photo on my facebook page a long time before TV came along,so then i had to find a related member name.

Ended up looking for racehorse names starting with eye....

Realised afterwards I had created a rod for my own back as the definition of eyecatcher is "a noun or person that attracts attention"

being a very quiet and shy guy I have had to keep up the pretence of talking BS and being contraversial for over a year now.....AND ITS JUST NOT ME!!sad.png

• Like 2