What Motivates Members To Choose The Avatars That They Pick As Their Signature

mascarakatze

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually Bob Dylan.

And I'm actually Vic Tayback ! Alot of us famous folks in this town, I guess.

I liked him (a lot) no nonsense and an economy of words. I worked in a pharmacy that had a fountain and the short order cook was just like him

Because i like word jokes though this one probably goes over the head of most people who never did any training. I also like to go in against stereo typing. Plus I do like to workout.

dont give yourself too much credit. it is a basic pun at best, last seen on a cheap tshirt.

Jolly Roger was my road name when I rode with the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club after returning from the American War in Vietnam.

It was also the name of my three boats over the period 1975/85.

My avatar is the ace of spades with the scull and crossbones. I picked up the original in 1967 in a dry rice paddy during a search and destroy operation. It had been dropped by a

psyops airplane as a terror tactic to unnerve the enemy. On the back it says in Vietnamese ..."You are going to die if you continue to fight for the Viet Cong............Surrender or die"

As a terror tactic it has roots going back to the 1600's and the pirates who pillaged shipping in the major oceans. They would always give their victims an opportunity to surrender

before boarding them by flying the scull and crossbones.

Every time I look at it I am reminded how fortunate I am to be alive, healthy and living here in Chiang Mai.....................................

• Like 2

Jolly Roger was my road name when I rode with the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club after returning from the American War in Vietnam.

It was also the name of my three boats over the period 1975/85.

My avatar is the ace of spades with the scull and crossbones. I picked up the original in 1967 in a dry rice paddy during a search and destroy operation. It had been dropped by a

psyops airplane as a terror tactic to unnerve the enemy. On the back it says in Vietnamese ..."You are going to die if you continue to fight for the Viet Cong............Surrender or die"

As a terror tactic it has roots going back to the 1600's and the pirates who pillaged shipping in the major oceans. They would always give their victims an opportunity to surrender

before boarding them by flying the scull and crossbones.

Every time I look at it I am reminded how fortunate I am to be alive, healthy and living here in Chiang Mai.....................................

Amen brother--a couple of biker friends have similar cards on their bikes as well

"Every time I look at it I am reminded how fortunate I am to be alive, healthy and living here in Chiang Mai."

Better than Cam Rahn Bay

What a hell hole

Sun was a Killer.

No I was not destroying down there

But I was there

I just was there having a look-see

The water is nice

Edited by OldChinaHam

I tell people that I play guitar...but the truth is out.

"I tell people that I play guitar...but the truth is out." ... but then they hear you play and say you can't*

* apologies rawhod ... I'm sure you are a fine player, just that the line was there.

• Like 1

What about those like myself that don't have an avatar,,, should we be banished into the "who gives a xxxx" group?

Are you from Queensland?

If you're not an Aussie, you may not understand...

biggrin.png

• Like 1

What about those like myself that don't have an avatar,,, should we be banished into the "who gives a xxxx" group?

Are you from Queensland?

If you're not an Aussie, you may not understand...

biggrin.png

State of Origin soon ... NSW have lost a number of key players through injury this past week.

If you can remember the Powers Beer 'Big Red' ... I did their main commercial ... many years ago.

Ah ... the days when I was young and thin ... laugh.png

I tell people that I play guitar...but the truth is out.

"I tell people that I play guitar...but the truth is out." ... but then they hear you play and say you can't*

* apologies rawhod ... I'm sure you are a fine player, just that the line was there.

Did you notice that "The Frog" is playing (say it quietly)...a banjo

Edited by rawhod
  • Like 1

So anyway....

Do we gradually assume some of the characteristics that we imagine our avatars possess?

Do we gradually resemble these avatars, as some owners resemble their dogs?

And, do others respond to our comments in ways that are subtly shaped by what they see in the images we choose to represent us?

Maybe someone should start a poll.

So anyway....

Do we gradually assume some of the characteristics that we imagine our avatars possess?

And, do others respond to our comments in ways that are subtly shaped by what they see in the images we choose to represent us?

great observation. I do actually subconsciously that do look like their avatars. I loathe some because of their pictures and names. somebody who knows hello dolly describes him as morbidly obese yet his picture is the opposite
  • Like 2

Whatever happened to Semper? He was the gormless buffoon that inspired this topic

He fell victim to Hello Dolly - knew when he was beaten in the triteness stakes.

So anyway....

Just as I was getting comfortable looking like my dog, my dog is starting to look like my avatar.

T

I only chose this to intimidate those bad Thai types we sometimes critique on here.... because it makes me look like a ghost! w00t.gif

Edited by bigbamboo

Get a life and meet these people... i hear old peoples homes like the olde bell have SPECIAL nights to get know the community!!!!...
Sorry rant over,just got home after a great night with non visa people in the ok under 30's areas....
My Avatar shouldn't affect my questions or responses.....its just me......
​Im no Kwai who answers every question ever posted on thai visa ie what time do u predict it will rain next monday....<deleted>

Get a life and meet these people... i hear old peoples homes like the olde bell have SPECIAL nights to get know the community!!!!...

Sorry rant over,just got home after a great night with non visa people in the ok under 30's areas....

My Avatar shouldn't affect my questions or responses.....its just me......

​Im no Kwai who answers every question ever posted on thai visa ie what time do u predict it will rain next monday....<deleted>

With your delectable avatar, do you seriously expect people to pay any attention whatsoever to anything at all that you have to say? Now please send me a hi-res pic of your avatar.

T

• Like 1