Top Posters In This Topic

"Doe's "hello dolly" see himself as Billy Idol (young and cool) ? How
about WinnietheKhwai does he see himself as a laughable bull ? Semper as
a goofy buffoon. Lawrencechee as a dog. How about MESmith is he slim
and cool or morbidly overweight. What do you think goes into choosing a
photo to represent themselves One more "uptheheos" a butch bearded guy
with a ridiculous little cowboy hat, what do you think he really looks
like a skinny wimp who can't grow a beard"

Let's cut to the chase; who cares and why? You may as well ask why someone parts their hair on the left/right or prefers plaid over stripes. Must be a very slow news/topics day.

I get about the same amount of respect...(straightens tie)

Its surprising how we all get used to peoples avatar, but DA i preferred the little man to thinking you want to be a vegetable for the rest of your TV life.

Destiny. Used karma. Kiss met. Kalimantan, zoo, subway, death. Singularity.

~o:37;

There is only one s and no space in kismet.

I really don't like pretension.

I assume you haven't been following his posts, so your confusion is understandable.

"Pretension" has an objective definition. Your not understanding something is not it. Besides, it's not pretension if he really is a spiritually and intellectually superior being in a human meat package. :)

T

• Like 1

Ah, yet another American PhD thesis!

Perhaps you meant dissertation... However, I had to laugh out loud, as Europeans disdain American PhDs, yet those same PhDs seem to be creating the world's technology, while European PhDs are faltering...

Americans prefer things that work and people who can perform. If the janitor can do a better job than the PhD, then the PhD is fired and the janitor put in his place. It should be that way world wide, as University Paperwork is often misleading.

As for my Avatar, it comes from a movie, wherein everything is not as it seems.

Edited by dighambara
  • Like 1

The pic. is me w/my brother at the Grand Palace on my first visit to BKK in 68' on a family vacation. Junglechef as I was in a previous life a Chef and now living in the jungle, well at least compared to downtown Boston. I actually started using this when I was living/traveling in some pretty remote places in Central and South America before coming here (again) when I would love to cook classical French feasts for the locals. And now it suits my Thaivisa persona of an grouchy old Chef who thinks he knows it all when it comes to food while making sure everyone knows he thinks he knows it all!

Edited by junglechef

"Your not understanding something is not it. "

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Thakkar,

Thanks for that sweet affirmation; I could not agree with you more, if I were not a mere mortal !

As the Duchess said to Alice: "I quite agree with you, and the moral of that is -- 'Be what you would seem to be' -- or if you'd like it put more simply -- 'Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.' " [1]

yours, ~o:37;

[1] Alice in Wonderland

A good Question/Topic (even though it's been done before)

Avatars are for many reasons:a personal statement,something that looks good,picturesque,a personal hero,something/or a person one would like to be,etc..........

I didn't see the need for an Avatar for the first 8 years on TV,but now have the UK Flags,which could change as the years go on,and only important to the member.Incidently Avatars are like Country Flags, important to individual Persons/Countries,and should be something to be proud of,the abundance of National Flags in Thailand are a good example!