Alleged Defamation Of Yingluck: M I C T Threat To Shut Down Websites ' A Rights Violation'

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MICT minister insisted that he was doing his duty and that he had the authority to do so.

Just another bully with no balls in a suit.

"The MICT minister insisted that he was doing his duty and that he had the authority to do so."

Yes, absolutely right. He follows instructions of the PM in Dubai.

when you call yourself a Democracy , you must accept all criticisms otherwise it can slowly goes to dictatorship

It is a Democracy, as described by George Orwell. Big Brother is watching, and we have a place for you. ph34r.pngph34r.png

He urged anyone who finds offensive messages on the Internet to report them so they could be "immediately removed".

I find his message offensive and I want it removed NOW!

Go on then report it to him, and find out if he will listen to your foreign voice.

...this presumably from a minister of a cabinet which regularly kisses hands with a convicted criminal.

whistling.gif

Is that all he kisses? Inquiring minds want to knowwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

It all stems from the old custom of showing fealty by kissing of the bosses ring. Confusion arises from which ring is being referred to.

BTW the Ministry continues the misconstruction of what was said - a prostitute sells herself, only a PM sells her country.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

For the last few weeks my TOT internet link regularly goes down for a few minutes. Just now typing a reply to a post it happened again. Must be pure coincidence of course. My posts are always within acceptable limits

Same with my 3BB line. Up and down like a PMs drawers.

Stupid and inflammatory posts like this will only bring trouble to TV

Yay for Red Democracy.

Websites shut down for having some tongue in cheek posts!!

Sent from my Phone.

For the last few weeks my TOT internet link regularly goes down for a few minutes. Just now typing a reply to a post it happened again. Must be pure coincidence of course. My posts are always within acceptable limits whistling.gif

Same with my 3BB line. Up and down like a PMs drawers.

Stupid and inflammatory posts like this will only bring trouble to TV

stirthepot.gif

In democracies like USA, Canada, England, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and others, not only can you criticize public officials, you can also belittle, ridicule, insult, and parody them freely. It's a key component of living in a democracy, and if a public official can't take it, then they should resign or not run for office in the first place.

In the UK you do that to the monarchy as well and it is often done without any negative effect that I can see.

One question is does this apply to insulting my intelligence. I'd like a quick answer on this as if it does I need to go back through Thaivisa to when I joined checking posts and government and official statements so I can write a really big list.

Are they going to block Skype? Sent from my Phone.

If so, I suggest they block Line, Whatsapp, Viber, etc......all in the name of Redmocracy of course !

And send all Thais to red education camps, to learn the "red way is the only way"sick.gif

Lulz, democracy in Thailand.

A democracy that never really existed in the first place, just a FACE-saving name to delude the International society for the sake of Thailand's world image...rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

The MICT should request the DSI to investigate the souce of these outrageous comments made in the name of free speech. The Democrats could then be charged accordingly.

Just shows the path being taken. If no criticism allowed, why bother with iritants like elections. Everyone knows how "right' minded people would vote. Those who don't agree are dangerous undemocratic reactionaries and should be dealt with accordingly. Heard this before somewhere...........

Are they going to block Skype? Sent from my Phone.

Don't worry, because that would render them helpless.

Skype is this governments livefeed line.

Cutting off Skype would leave them leaderless!

Which would be a good thing. It is not always the case that adding something makes things better or that removing something makes things worse. Take Fox News channel in the US. It has been shown that people who watch it are less informed than people who don't watch it.

I consider it highly likely that the same thing could be said about schooling in Thailand?

Oh, ThaiVisa we'll be missing you. Too many of your members are too critical of the "evil woman" (she must not be named for fear of losing my net connection.

Re-educate your members to only say nice things and all will be well.

Oh, ThaiVisa we'll be missing you. Too many of your members are too critical of the "evil woman" (she must not be named for fear of losing my net connection.

Re-educate your members to only say nice things and all will be well.

My god.....So TV will turn over their membership list to MICT, who will then scour member posts for any ones critical of Yingluck. Perhaps offending members then be sent off to " re-education" camps.... No way to edit my old posts having a laugh at bizarre government actions to try and save myself, guess I am toast........
  • Like 1

My right to close anti-PM websites, minister claims

The Information and Communications Technology Ministry had been misunderstood and accused of blocking people's right to free speech following attacks from "ill-intentioned people", Minister Anudith Nakornthap said

On Monday, Anudith was criticised for overstepping his authority by threatening to shut down pages that carried allegedly defamatory remarks against PM Yingluck Shinawatra by cartoonist Chai Rachawat on Facebook.

Meanwhile, the ICT minister confirmed reports of his vow to take action related to criticism against Yingluck. He insisted he was doing his duty and that he had the authority to do so.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/My-right-to-close-anti-PM-websites-minister-claims-30205650.html

He urged anyone who finds offensive messages on the Internet to report them so they could be "immediately removed".

I find his message offensive and I want it removed NOW!

Go on then report it to him, and find out if he will listen to your foreign voice.
I was illustrating that everything can be considered offensive by someone
  • Like 2