Rise In British Men Marrying Thai Brides Behind Foreign Pensions Increase, U K Govt Suggests

webfact

Stop paying allowances to illegal immigrants and their extended families in UK and it will easily offset the cost of the rise in pension payments to people who paid tax and NI all their lives in the UK>

Rant over.w00t.gif

I like it and I am an American.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is called passing the buck for their xxxx up in earlier years,

also many Brits married to Philippino women and other Europeans too not only Thais

The uk govt made the mistake of opening its borders to allow unskilled eu workers into the country, these unskilled workers bring in their families and find that they are entitled to claim benefits because they are low earners,, whilst the majority of uk unemployed find that they are better off on benefits so stay there,,, now the purse strings are getting tighter,

I'm not one for claiming benefits whilst I'm still in employment and at this time don't need it, but those idiots running the country grind my teeth,

I just wonder exactly how much I've paid in NICs in my working life to date as I've been paying at the higher rate of NICs for 28 years,

the govt would have been better keeping out the unskilled eu workforce and instead should have better controlled payment of benefits to the unemployed and checks on their job seeking

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me..........I have been told that a Muslim with say 4 wives and 10 kids will get allowances for all of them ? Regardless wether they have worked all their lives in UK or not, is this right or wrong.

when im brown bread my wife will get my post office pension,it wont be alot i only did 30years with them,but its enough i think,i wont be telling her about the state pension,why should i shes never paid tax there,and she means the world to me VOTE UKIP by post or email if your allowed,maybe its 1 of the reasons we left in the first place,i know it was my main reason,,,,

The Aussie government pays absolutely nothing, not even thier own citizens who have retired abroad get the pension. My father came over for a 10 day holiday and his aussie pension was cut off because he left the country. Social Security is linked to immigration and they know the minute you step out of the country and pow you are on your own. They even know when you take a dump and how long it took you.

• Like 1

The cost of running the Social Security, Health and Education system for those legally and illegally domiciled in the UK is astronomical.

The expats should be given a medal for volunteering to live elsewhere.

A retirement pension for them (which they have contributed to anyway) and their wives is scant reward.

• Like 1

also many Brits married to Philippino women and other Europeans too not only Thais

The uk govt made the mistake of opening its borders to allow unskilled eu workers into the country, these unskilled workers bring in their families and find that they are entitled to claim benefits because they are low earners,, whilst the majority of uk unemployed find that they are better off on benefits so stay there,,, now the purse strings are getting tighter,

I'm not one for claiming benefits whilst I'm still in employment and at this time don't need it, but those idiots running the country grind my teeth,

I just wonder exactly how much I've paid in NICs in my working life to date as I've been paying at the higher rate of NICs for 28 years,

the govt would have been better keeping out the unskilled eu workforce and instead should have better controlled payment of benefits to the unemployed and checks on their job seeking

Perhaps someone can clarify this for me..........I have been told that a Muslim with say 4 wives and 10 kids will get allowances for all of them ? Regardless wether they have worked all their lives in UK or not, is this right or wrong.

From the article below their are apparently only 1,000 polygamous marriages in the UK. However, the benefits regime for multiple wives was going to be cancelled as of 04/2013 by change of legislation under the Universal Credit scheme.

From the article "Under the new system of Universal Credit, which will replace all mean-tested benefits from next year, polygamous marriages will not be recognised at all"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9029807/Ministers-ban-extra-benefits-for-multiple-wives.html

It should be stopped. A friend of mine who is 75 years old receives his pension and rightly so but why does his 36 year old Thai wife who has never set foot in Britain. She will receive this for life if its not stopped. In addition to that in the sad event my friend passes away she will receive a widows pension. <deleted> !!!

Not quite accurate, your friend should review the facts.

His mrs will recieve a widows pension for one year and a one off death grant of two thousand quid.

She will then have to reapply at age 65 for another slice of the pie.

You dont say how long your friend has been here, his pension is probably frozen, his wifes pension may well be a miserly 25 quid a week for one year only, based on his contributions.

• Like 1

How about the retired people who have migrated to other countries like NZ., Aust, Canada and Sth Africa, to join their children and grandchildren, and find that their pensions are frozen from the time that they left and will not be annually indexed. In my case i left in 1973 and thats where it remains. If i had gone to say Spain, Germany or America, my pension would be indexed annually.

The Aussie government pays absolutely nothing, not even thier own citizens who have retired abroad get the pension. My father came over for a 10 day holiday and his aussie pension was cut off because he left the country. Social Security is linked to immigration and they know the minute you step out of the country and pow you are on your own. They even know when you take a dump and how long it took you.

So for all the unbelievers with there heads in the sand or in denial, it looks like Ausy and the NZ are way ahead of the game with stopping benifits for none residents. It is just a matter of time b4 the axe falls in your own homelands

That's odd as Aged Pension is payable if you are temporarily or permanently overseas. A quote from the Human services website. "

"If you get your pension payment (including Pension Supplement) indefinitely while you are outside Australia, the amount you receive will generally be paid at a proportional rate after 26 weeks from your departure. This proportional rate is based on your "Australian working life residence" Australian working life residency criteria will increase to 35 years as of 01/2014, subject to legislation being enacted

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Sky News in the Uk want to interview someone today on this subject. preferably a British man, married to a Thai, who is either retirement age or about to me and a bit fed up his Thai wife won't be able to claim a pension after 2014 as she can now. Anyone know anyone?

call me 0811 045963.

It started a bit before they opened the borders to the unskilled EU's.

It started when the West Indians were 'invited' to come to Britain and do the mundane jobs that the British wouldn't lower themselves to do. The mistake was made when the invited 'guests' (getting close to another poll thread here........wink.png ) were allowed to bring their extended families with them.

People should have listened to Enoch back then in the early 60's; he had the foresight then..................thumbsup.gif

BTW, I am British myself and have nothing against legitimate workers that are there. Would be a bit of a hypocrite if I did have..........whistling.gif

The governments screwed up, and now the elder public is expected to pay to make it right. Some things never change.

• Like 1

This sounds pretty easy to me. If you didn't pay in to the system, then you cannot expect to receive a pension.

Side note: I have no idea how pensions work in the UK.

Some wifes stay at home so do not have a chance to pay into the system, the breadwinner does so why should his spouse not get benefits. That sounds like discrimination, so only UK born wife can get a % of husbands pension when he dies ?

It's bad enough freezing pensions for those who choose to retire out of the European community. Want to claw back 410m or whatever the figure was ? abolish all the benefits MP's get including a pension after only 4 years ! its not like most of them need it !

Would be good to have some knowledge of the system before commenting on it though !

• Like 1

As always, it's easier to disturbing honest people living abroad, than the illegal in their country !

The queen land isn't good as they keeping the garbage but annoying the honest citizens who prefer living far of this VERY expensive european country !

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to come on side with governments even if their intentions are sneaky.

I am vehemently opposed to all these third world girls marrying foreign men and living on pensions/allowances etc etc when they've never paid taxes in the west and probably not in their home country either.

Why should western tax payers fork out money for all these thai,filipino trophy wives.

I would put a quota on Thai and Filipino girls entering Australia. Say ..... 10 girls per year and they must speak fluent English and have income tax records.

10 is enough.

Absolute rubbish. Opinions based on sentimentality rather than facts. You should run in the next election.

If you get elected and you hate foreigners so much, try stopping some of them coming into the UK. Start looking at the immigrant benefits and the number of people living in the UK who can't even speak English but have forms in their own language to claim benefits and special people to help them if they can't write. Don't criticism people who have been paying contributions long before the word immigrant became fashionable and long before people had heard of Enoch Powell.

• Like 2

So the government want to save £410 million a year do they.

Perhaps they could start here. This is an email I got from a friend in the Uk who is a pensioner like me but has a UK wife whereas my wife is Thai.

If you agree with it then send a copy to your MP and also ask him if he thinks he deserves his salary plus expenses.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/members/pay-mps/

The current annual salary for an MP is £65,738. In addition, MPs

receive expenses to cover the costs of running an office, employing

staff, having somewhere to live in London and in their constituency, and

travelling between Parliament and their constituency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20978487

MPs have suggested a 32% increases in their pay to the Commons expenses watchdog, it has been revealed.

Members said they deserved an £86,250 salary in an anonymous

survey conducted by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority

(Ipsa).

The Commons voted against a 1% pay rise in 2011 and last year agreed to extend the pay freeze into 2013.

But the survey found that 69% thought they were underpaid on their current salary of £65,738.

Someone

please tell me what the Hell is wrong with all the people that run this

country!!!

LABOUR,

CONSERVATIVES & LIBERALS, say

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless,

etc.

In the last years we have provided direct cash aid to

Haiti- 1.4

B,

Hamas - 351

M,

Pakistan- 2

B,

Libya1.45 B,

Egypt- 397

M,

Mexico- 622

M,

Russia- 380

M,

Haiti- 1.4

B,

Jordan- 463

M,

Kenya- 816

M,

Sudan- 870

M,

Nigeria- 456

M,

Uganda- 451

M,

Congo- 359

M,

Ethiopia-

981 M,

South

Africa- 566 M,

Senegal- 698

M,

Mozambique-

404 M,

Zambia- 331

M,

Kazakhstan-

304 M,

Iraq- 1.08

B,

Tanzania-

554 M,

with

literally Billions

and they

still

hate us!!!

Our retired

seniors living on a 'fixed income' do they get any breaks while our

government and religious organisations

pour Hundreds of Billions and Tons of

Food

to Foreign Countries!

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the

adoption of foreign orphans.

AUSTRALIA,

UK & US countries where we have homeless without shelter, children

going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medication and mentally ill

without treatment etc.

YET we still

allow illegal "Deprived People" & other free loaders on our

shores

While we are

lining up with food, clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the "GOVERNMENT" gave 'US' the same support they give to

other countries.

Sad isn't it?

Not to mention increasing the money given to Pakistan alone which is going to be 800 Million pounds. That's how stupid and one sided this whole thing is.

It's not just that foreign wives may not have paid into the system but also that the UK economy doesn't get any of the pension when it is spent.

Nowadays women have to work but what happened to the wives who used to be mothers with 6+ children? They never paid contributions or is Thai Visa divided into too groups here of old and young?

A interesting discussion, correct me if I'm wrong but

English workers pay 20% of their salary every year as a national insurance payment (10% from employee, 10% from employer)

This then buys them their pension. Purchased pensions normally have provisions to pay a spouse on death of the primary beneficiary.

Let me see, a salary averaging 15k a year for 30 years gives a pension pot of 90,000 UKP, with interest about 250,000 UKP.

Some claim that it also buys their NHS entitlement, but doesn't everyone in the UK get NHS entitlement, paying NI or not?

So if a pension is a benefit, doesn't that make NI payments a tax?

In which case the British base rate of income tax becomes 30%.

Just an observation from an outsider.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

That's odd as Aged Pension is payable if you are temporarily or permanently overseas. A quote from the Human services website. "

"If you get your pension payment (including Pension Supplement) indefinitely while you are outside Australia, the amount you receive will generally be paid at a proportional rate after 26 weeks from your departure. This proportional rate is based on your "Australian working life residence" Australian working life residency criteria will increase to 35 years as of 01/2014, subject to legislation being enacted

did not know this I only went on what the other person said about ausy I thought he was an Ausy but you can rest assured if you are out for more than 6 months from the NZ it STOPS

Perhaps it's the capitalistic aspects of it. It does seem to be a minor industry on the north east. Perhaps those Thai women should pay into the British tax system, then let them have widow pensions.

Would we see foreigener deaths rise ?

Work for it, run your own superannuation and pull it out as you need it. Social security crap is killing all the countries where they continue to hand it out. I tend to agree, the Brit by birth and receives a pension but if he marries offshore and the bride is not a Brit by definition nor lived in the UK, then simply no pension.

Stop paying allowances to illegal immigrants and their extended families in UK and it will easily offset the cost of the rise in pension payments to people who paid tax and NI all their lives in the UK>

Rant over.w00t.gif

Sorry to spoil your rant, but illegal immigrants cannot claim any benefits in the UK.

Neither can legal ones, until they are no longer subject to immigration control; i.e. have ILR or the equivalent.

You're right about that although they will get help if there detained prior to deportation but that's to be expected and asylum seekers don't get benefits until they are granted asylum. I have heard of illegal immigrants fraudulently getting benefits but I doubt that's widespread.

There is however a problem with immigrants playing the system to avoid tax and get benefits. Obviously immigrants aren't the only ones to do this. I've heard that in certain areas there a lot of taxi drivers (Afghans mainly) who according to them don't make any profit from their work. They also claim allowances for accountants even though they never have any accounts to show.

I haven't really looked into this issue much yet so I don't know the details. If you live in the UK, you're married and your wife hasn't worked will she still get a pension. If she does it seems unfair. The problem is this is all very complicated. I just hope they don't go with the idea that was floated a few years back whereby you only get a pension if you're resident in the UK. I assume EU residency would be OK

Very sensible post.

..and another.

When the UK opts out of the EEC (and it will) all the benefits that
foreigners enjoy will be cut, and quite rightly so. In thailand foreign
husbands are entitled to absolutely nothing. So why should Thai brides
be allowed to have rights in the UK ?

What should be done is to push forward foreigner status in Thailand ( allow residency ) and offer these pensions in return.

why should a foreign wife watever nationallity,get a uk pension if shes never paid a penny in the uk,and moreover wont go there,and spend it in uk,its wrong and you know it,,about time the gravy train stopped

why should a foreign wife watever nationallity,get a uk pension if shes never paid a penny in the uk,and moreover wont go there,and spend it in uk,its wrong and you know it,,about time the gravy train stopped

British Wives will not be getting it either.

You think that is fair?