Raging Russian Victim Beats Thieving Pattaya Ladyboy

webfact

The Thai interpretation of the incident:

We all feel sorry for the LB. Poor fella on high heels having spent so much for fake tits, goose removed and skin whitened. It is all the Russian's fault; if he would not have been in the country the incident would have never happened. We desperately need a working committee including the mayor of Pattaya, the big chief of the province, one or two ministers spearheading the protection of thieving LBs.

Am I missing anything?

Yes. The source of this "Thai interpretation" you have provided.

Surely this should be a case for the Woman & child protection unit, I mean did he know it was a ladyboy before beating him up ? seems like a case of battering a defenseless lady. whistling.gif

Has to be the Russians fault, if he had not come to Pattaya there would have been no crime. :)

From the photos we can see that beating he/she received was measured and restrained and the Russian "victim" had the civility to call the police.

The ladyboy's excuses are symptomatic of an extremely toxic morality here.

The Tom yam or "wanting money to use" to finance his ongoing career is about all she/he could cobble together in such red-handed circumstances but he/she was stoopid or desparate enough to advance it as an excuse. "Excuses" of this nature are offered on a daily basis. The daily news is riddled with scumbags who murder for hire, slit the throats of some poor sod for his mobile phone, sell their children into the clutches of peadophiles, swindle, cheat, scam and commit all manner of vile crime "because they want money".

This excuse is fielded in place of any remorse or any feelings for victims or their families.

The alacrity with which this lying human toilet of a ladyboy turned the story so that he/she could posture as a victim is further evidence of his/her expectation that he'd be able to turn the tables against a non-Thai. The underlying contempt, jealousy, and cowardice embedded in the officially sanctioned xenophobia produces Thai crims who expect to be able to do this.

In other words there's always a decent chance that the crim could get some traction with this kind of excuse.

The ugly but inescapable truth here is that crimes against foreigners, be they Burmese laborers, package tourists or expats are viewed by the cops as an annoyance that police wouldn't have had to bother with if this alien had stayed in his own country.

If he'd actually rearranged the face of this thieving whiner and broken his arm as warranted there'd have been a tag day for the lazy good-for-nothing waste of space.

From the photos we can see that beating he/she received was measured and restrained and the Russian "victim" had the civility to call the police.

The ladyboy's excuses are symptomatic of an extremely toxic morality here.

The Tom yam or "wanting money to use" to finance his ongoing career is about all she/he could cobble together in such red-handed circumstances but he/she was stoopid or desparate enough to advance it as an excuse. "Excuses" of this nature are offered on a daily basis. The daily news is riddled with scumbags who murder for hire, slit the throats of some poor sod for his mobile phone, sell their children into the clutches of peadophiles, swindle, cheat, scam and commit all manner of vile crime "because they want money".

This excuse is fielded in place of any remorse or any feelings for victims or their families.

The alacrity with which this lying human toilet of a ladyboy turned the story so that he/she could posture as a victim is further evidence of his/her expectation that he'd be able to turn the tables against a non-Thai. The underlying contempt, jealousy, and cowardice embedded in the officially sanctioned xenophobia produces Thai crims who expect to be able to do this.

In other words there's always a decent chance that the crim could get some traction with this kind of excuse.

The ugly but inescapable truth here is that crimes against foreigners, be they Burmese laborers, package tourists or expats are viewed by the cops as an annoyance that police wouldn't have had to bother with if this alien had stayed in his own country.

If he'd actually rearranged the face of this thieving whiner and broken his arm as warranted there'd have been a tag day for the lazy good-for-nothing waste of space.

Hmmm...a lot to deal with there but I think I've dealt with enough prejudice and lazy assumptions today: have no interest in being or appearing to be, anyone's defender or even attempting dispel paranoid outlooks that are echoed so often round here. But...

I'm pretty sure coming up with any and every possible excuse is standard behavior for captured criminals all over the world (methinks we all start doing it as children - most of us eventually grow out of it and become the sort of people that don't need to do it anymore - ie not criminals).

I watched COPS several times on TV - I used find it hilarious how after the cops had witnessed someone make a drug buy etc, they'd show themselves and the miscreant would take off running, leading them on long chase over fences and through yards only to be finally brought down whereupon the first thing he'd say is, "I didn't do anything!" and when they'd pull the drugs out of his pocket, "That's not mine!"

In other words, the example of this ladyboy coming up with weak excuses - or any other criminal - falls far short of supporting your conclusions.

• Like 1

".....he wanted money to use, as he didn’t work and had to smuggle to sell sexual services to foreign tourists at Pattaya beach,'

So get a job, or mess with a Russian at your peril. Good on you Ruski!

• Like 1

Pretty sure if a Thai guy had been the thief ( by that I mean an actual Thai guy), bystanders would have jumped in to help the Thai thief.....

I'm not.

It's possible, of course, but I've seen different.

Famous story in Pattaya last year. Farang comes home to see a Thai guy stealing his TV and about to put it in a truck. A big fight ensues. The Thai neighbor comes rushing over with a hammer and attacks......wait for it...... the farang. :-)
The fact that it's a famous story doesn't mean it's true, though I don't doubt for a second it could be.

I have no way of knowing whether the Thai was confused about what was happening, or he deliberately attacked the foreigner just because he was a Farang. For all I know, it was the latter but that is not established.

One "famous story" obviously is not proof or even a reasonable indicator of how every such instance would turn out.

I personally have two incidents, in which I not only witnessed myself but was involved in, where Thai bystanders helped subdue a Thai who I had repeatedly stricken. Does that prove anything? Only that such things are possible - thus my being less sure than you.

Life is lived by probabilities not surety. If you are involved in a fight with a Thai man who just tried to pick pocket you, and he screams out in rapid colloquial Thai that the farang has gone crazy and the pick pocket now needs help, I can assure the next few minutes will not go well for you. I think perhaps you have seen the videos where a Thai steals from another Thai, and the victim then screams out for people to help. The mob then chases down the thief and dispenses on the spot justice. I will assume you are a farang, and this scenario will NOT apply to you... :-)
  • Like 2

@Steelejoe

Sorry if I appeared to suggest that Thailand's entire criminal zeitgeist had germinated from the red-hand blabbings of one (very, very lucky) ladyboy.

A close reading of his/her excuses is quite different from the "I dint do nothin' " or "I doe know how DAT got dere" you refer to. The

Thai excuse brand is quite different.

It sounds more like something you'd get at trial or when speaking to sentence.

That being my impression derived from regular morning news views and newspaper accounts where what amounts to a preliminary hearing gets conducted for the press before cameras.

It's that unique appeal to the xenophobic underpinnings of societal stability here that I tried and perhaps failed to identify.

In the west we tend to use different flavors and hot buttons to appeal the common consciousness but I'd hoped here in confining the comment to Thailand, and what on many levels I see in play here, to identify a uniquely Thai issue as opposed to a mere denial of the crime.

Sorry for the confusion.

I, too, am just killing time with a little TV commentary workout.

Life is lived by probabilities not surety. If you are involved in a fight with a Thai man who just tried to pick pocket you, and he screams out in rapid colloquial Thai that the farang has gone crazy and the pick pocket now needs help, I can assure the next few minutes will not go well for you. I think perhaps you have seen the videos where a Thai steals from another Thai, and the victim then screams out for people to help. The mob then chases down the thief and dispenses on the spot justice. I will assume you are a farang, and this scenario will NOT apply to you... :-)

* Presumably that's why you said you were "pretty sure". And why I have been careful to point repeatedly and without exception that I could be certain of none of this.

* You have not even come close to demonstrating a degree of probability, great or small.

* Your hypothetical has now shifted significantly from the original one.

* I have not seen the video, not sure what you are describing, and I don't understand it's relevance at all.

Steel Joe

* Presumably that's why you said you were "pretty sure". And why I have been careful to point repeatedly and without exception that I could be certain of none of this.

* You have not even come close to demonstrating a degree of probability, great or small.

* Your hypothetical has now shifted significantly from the original one.

* I have not seen the video, not sure what you are describing, and I don't understand it's relevance at all.

Wow, I had no idea I had to demonstrate a fixed degree of probability in a discussion on TV... Hmm let's see how I can make it easy for you to understand... OK let's say you are walking down a street late at night. You see five guys in business suits walking towards you on the same side of the street. You do not give them a second thought, and keep walking. New scenario. You are walking down the street, and you see five gang banger in full colors walking towards you. Do you......quietly cross the street to the other side, or assume they are really investment bankers dressed up for fun and ignore them ??

Anyway back to topic. I actually really admire this guy for launching a serious attack on the Thai lady boy to stop a robbery, while on a public street. Am pretty sure I would do the same thing, but I sure as hell would be glancing around trying to gauge what the Thai bystanders were going to do... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Wow, I had no idea I had to demonstrate a fixed degree of probability in a discussion on TV... Hmm let's see how I can make it easy for you to understand... OK let's say you are walking down a street late at night. You see five guys in business suits walking towards you on the same side of the street. You do not give them a second thought, and keep walking. New scenario. You are walking down the street, and you see five gang banger in full colors walking towards you. Do you......quietly cross the street to the other side, or assume they are really investment bankers dressed up for fun and ignore them ??

Anyway back to topic. I actually really admire this guy for launching a serious attack on the Thai lady boy to stop a robbery, while on a public street. Am pretty sure I would do the same thing, but I sure as hell would be glancing around trying to gauge what the Thai bystanders were going to do... :-)

*I never said you did - YOU were the one who brought up probability. My initial response was to say, unlike you, I was NOT "pretty sure" of what you were. I later gave my reasons and rebutted yours.

* The old "five guys in suits vs gangbangers" meme is a trite and useless cliche (often, but by no means exclusively, used by racists) that has got nothing whatsoever do with this discussion. In fact it's a unrelated to a truly odd degree.

* As I mentioned in response to a post that was deleted (so my response went with it), I'd likely do the same as the Russian. And we'd both be wise to look around to gauge bystander reaction when we did. (then again, I think I'd probably suggest the same for such a situation any place where you were a visible outsider eg a inner city neighborhood in the US etc - wouldn't you?)

*I never said you did - YOU were the one who brought up probability. My initial response was to say, unlike you, I was NOT "pretty sure" of what you were. I later gave my reasons and rebutted yours.

* The old "five guys in suits vs gangbangers" meme is a trite and useless cliche (often, but by no means exclusively, used by racists) that has got nothing whatsoever do with this discussion. In fact it's a unrelated to a truly odd degree.

* As I mentioned in response to a post that was deleted (so my response went with it), I'd likely do the same as the Russian. And we'd both be wise to look around to gauge bystander reaction when we did. (then again, I think I'd probably suggest the same for such a situation any place where you were a visible outsider eg a inner city neighborhood in the US etc - wouldn't you?)

The five guys in suits versus gangbangers is about assumptions about what people will behave like. You seem to be implying that if you have a confrontation with a Thai robber, all the local Thais around will leap to your defense. I was simply saying in general that I do not believe that is what is going to happen. So we can agree to disagree. :-)

The five guys in suits versus gangbangers is about assumptions about what people will behave like. You seem to be implying that if you have a confrontation with a Thai robber, all the local Thais around will leap to your defense. I was simply saying in general that I do not believe that is what is going to happen. So we can agree to disagree. :-)

* the hypothetical is typically used to justify prejudice and it has nothing to do with anything said here (other than perhaps as an excuse for your prejudice). Even if it is to illustrate how people make assumptions, it still makes no sense: I have made no assumptions. That is you alone. And you have made them on nothing demonstrable (unlike the gangbanger scenario).

* Please show me where I "seem to be implying" anything even remotely of the sort.

* No, you said something very, very different: you said you were pretty sure Thai people would not merely fail to assist a Farang but would attack him.

* You can move the goalposts as much as you like (they've been all over the field at this point) but it's all on the thread.

Hahahaha well done! That will teach these thieves!clap2.gif

That Russian could well be a crook and a thief himself.

You never know !

Why ? because he is a Russian in Pattaya ergo he must be Russian Mafia ?...rolleyes.gif

Lets all play the stereotype game....

Edited by Soutpeel